Has anypony ever found out a stranger is a brony?

Soarin

The title is kinda weird, but I can't think of what to say. What I mean is have you ever been in public and just randomly found out someone's a brony? I would love to actually meet a brony in person, but I doubt I have the courage to approach ANYPONY and ask "Hey do you watch MLP?" :-( Have you ponies ever had an experience like that and started talking to them about the show? If not, would you like to?

Astoundingly no, and I stride around public with a Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy T-shirts and the Pinkie Pie McDonalds toy hanging at my hip like a keychain on a bi-daily basis!

Heck I walk laps around down town in my city for exercise, blatantly wearing pony gear. Not ONE person even bats an eye at it! Not even a mean look or a nod! NOTHING!

It's kinda frustrating actually... I hate how boring my town is.

Astoundingly no, and I stride around public with a Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy T-shirts and the Pinkie Pie McDonalds toy hanging at my hip like a keychain on a bi-daily basis!

Heck I walk laps around down town in my city for exercise, blatantly wearing pony gear. Not ONE person even bats an eye at it! Not even a mean look or a nod! NOTHING!

It's kinda frustrating actually... I hate how boring my town is.

this is pretty much the same for me

When I went to the MCM Expo in London I kept my eyes open looking for people that had MLP themed buttons or pins, mostly because I wanted to buy one. ^^

But yeah, back in Germany, Bronies are far less frequent, so I'm not surprised that I don't run into them all the time.

Four instances -

A random brohoof the first time I wore "This Shirt Just Got 20 Percent Cooler."

Someone drawing ponies on their laptop at a rec center.

Somehow Celestia got into a conversation I was having with a stranger at work and the subject turned into ponies.

I met a co-worker on Meetup.com that I've "known" for about a year or so now (seen on occassion but never really talked to) through a Brony meetup group.

It depends on your definition of "stranger." For people I don't know, I saw about 20 people in pony shirts at PAX East in April, with three Rainbow Dashes, a Fluttershy, and a Celestia cosplayers. For people I kinda know but not really, I think a grand total of three people in my grade last year had pony shirts. Two females and one male.

• Like 1

Haha I met one today. The guy working in Hot Topic. He asked if I needed help while I was looking at shirts. I had set down a Marceline (Adventure Time) keychain and a Raibow Dash keychain, and he asked if that was my stuff. When I replied yes, he was like, 'I like this show' (picking up the Marceline keychain). Then I guess he saw the RD keychain under it, and was like, 'and this show'. And then I was looking at t-shirts and he says, 'and Regular Show'.

Ha! I like those shows, too. I've only known of one brony in real life, well only seen for that matter, but he was mentally deficient, so I'm not exactly sure if it was a phase or a way to vent frustration. The only reason I know this is because he was flaunting his shirt that had RD's flowing mane and no body that read "This shirt just got 20% cooler"

I did a couple of times.

The most recent was at a gamestop.

I caught a glimpse of one of those "This Shirt just got 20% cooler" shirts under his jacket.

Why he was wearing a jacket, I don't know. It was over 80 degrees!

I didn't say anything, but I saw him walk over and talk to a guy in a fluttershy shirt. I heard sonething about the show being mentioned. Then they walked away.

I did a couple of times.

The most recent was at a gamestop.

I caught a glimpse of one of those "This Shirt just got 20% cooler" shirts under his jacket.

Why he was wearing a jacket, I don't know. It was over 80 degrees!

I didn't say anything, but I saw him walk over and talk to a guy in a fluttershy shirt. I heard sonething about the show being mentioned. Then they walked away.

It must have been hard to hold it in and not tell them.