[Sponsored] The Lounge

3 hours ago, Dunder said:

The pegasus took a quick glance to Zelda and sat down at the bar. He ordered a glass of wine and looked over at his friend, "Ready to have some fun tonight? See! This is way better than sitting in your workshop." He said, his tone playful as he nudged the cat bird with an elbow.

EJhBYU5.png?1

While the black griffon’s head quickly filled up with a rather large selection of sarcastic replies, she simply nodded her head in response. Zelda could not even consider being mean to her fuzzy brown buddy. Like her friends who visited the blacksmith on the previous day, he only wanted for her to be happy and to stop laying around in her own bubble of misery. Besides, being locked away in her workshop was not making things better for her. While she was able to keep herself busy with an assortment of protects both personal and professional, she had been avoiding nearly all outside activity after her recent breakup. The Grand Galloping Gala was her actual first time out of her home, which also served as her personal workshop, since what it seemed like forever. She wondered if this was such a good idea. Maybe a few foal steps would have been for the better. She could have attended small events. A few dozen ponies to see, instead of this...thing...There were bound to be thousands here.

The griffon was rather grateful that her gala dress from the previous year still fit her. While she had gained a few pounds during her temporary banishment from society, and so she was surprised how well it still fit. Zelda decided she would lay off the double fudge cookie dough ice cream for awhile now, just to be safe.

After a quick ride in a taxi, the pair arrived at the castle and already the place was packed. The griffon couldn't help but notice the extra security as they passed through the entrance. Fire Walker's father, an oversized Pegasus pony in a dress uniform was doling out orders to a few other R.E.A officers. Apparently a few Caribou were attending. Something happened to the once graceful creatures which turned them into something that best resembled a cross between a Yak, a Yeti and an Gypsy Vanner. The griffon stopped reading her newspaper during her little hiatus so she knew next to nothing about the current events.  She spotted a few more of the Walker brothers. Both Cordell and Speed were making their way through a hallway when they were spotted by the pair. While neither ponies had time to talk, Speed gave them both a friendly wink, while the other kept a professional look on his face. Cordy was the golden boy of the family. He could do no wrong. Thankfully Sky was nowhere to be seen. Which was fine with the bird as there was nothing more awkward than running into an ex.

The pair entered the lounge and were quickly surrounded by the sweet sounds of live music and the sweeter smells of freshly cooked meals that were making their way out from the kitchens. Hopefully there would be a few meals made with griffon's tastes in mind. She also spotted her first Caribou of the night. It was the ever impressive Chieftain Sigrun who sure looked different. But she was still beautiful. As she passed by the Whitescar royal person, Zelda nodded her head respectfully at the Caribou. Hopefully she would get to chat with lady when she had time. There were plenty of ponies in the lounge, and even a griffon and changeling! Maybe she should have kept up with her paper. Were they our allies now?  Would she see Queen Chrysalis gadding about the castle dressed to impress?

And speaking of impressive, the griffon spotted her former colt-friend Inkbrand as he gamboled about the area. Apparently he already had a few drinks in him. While she would not hide from the handsome pony, she would need a few drinks in her before she would become a chatty-catty. "Sounds like a plan Dunder-bunny." she purred before she gave him a quick beak'n on the cheek before turning to the barkeep, "Guess I'll start with an Negroni on rocks with orange."  She needed to watch out for her companion. He was an ace in the kitchen and a feisty warrior, but when it came to drinking, the stallion was Mayor of Lightweight City. Hopefully he'll slowly enjoy his wine...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0CD1Hi0.png

Prospective tattoo client sitting next to him or not, Inkbrand had a few other things to pay attention to, amazingly enough.

Because while it shouldn't really have been all that surprising, in retrospect, the grey Earth Pony still couldn't help the slight rush of surprise that swept over him as a familiar red and green stallion to the seat opposite Naj, the two of them promptly tangling together in a hug upon his arrival. Said arrival was enough to chase away the lingering fuzzy feelings from Naj's reveal to make way for a spark of friction that sizzled over his spine, veritable hackles raising as he remembered snide comments about his profession and intelligence, intentional or not.

Though, he didn't have time to do anything more than blink before Cedar was turning to him with an amiable greeting, a reaction so opposite from what he'd been prepared for that Inkbrand almost upset his liquor glass. Either the maroon colored stallion had really been unintentional with his insults back at Winter Wrap-Up, or he was more of a 'let it go, it's cool' type than Inkbrand had ever been his entire life. Whichever was the case, Cedar was clearly prepared to extend the olive branch towards him.

Or at least bucking fake it like a champ, and with the glittering ceiling above him and flowing alcohol in front, Inkbrand decided it really didn't matter. 

"Ai, what's happening, bud," the tattoo-clad stallion said easily, reaching around Naj to deliver a stallion-esque back pound on Cedar's back, "two of you back from Stalliongrad for the Triple G, huh? Must've been a trip, managing travel during this event." The question was a rhetorical platitude made for small talk, because coming from Manehatten himself, Inkbrand could attest to the headache that had been coordinating travel to Canterlot for the Gala. He'd actually arrived two days earlier to stay with a friend, rather than trying to grab passage to arrive exactly at the Gala start. Not to mention the crowds, the atmosphere, last minute shopping for clothing and alterations and a whole heap of stuff he usually only saw during the holiday season.

There wasn't much more time to contemplate the chaos of pre-Gala planning, however, as Noctis suddenly spoke back up, citing a want for introductions thanks to his and Tomes...less than informatory ones. Naj's words made him snort into his glass, a grin playing along his features even as he took another draught. "You asked for a date easily enough, doll, names aren't any harder," the tattoo-clad stallion snarked teasingly, leaning backwards on his stool slightly so the Changeling could speak to the other two, and barely hid a grin in his glass as he didn't even flinch from the sensation of hard chitin patting him lightly on the shoulder.

Tomes was quick to fix his mistake and introduced himself to the group at large - even though he kept talking long past an introduction, and Inkbrand was quick to roll his eyes as he turned around on his stool, resting his elbows on the bar counter behind him. "I'm Inkbrand, that's Tomes," the grey stallion cut in, as the rambling left Canterlot and started onto the bucking history of Fillydelphia or some rot, "that's a bar," a jab of one hoof over his shoulder, "and this is alcohol. Drink!" Inkbrand followed his own instructions by finishing off the rest of his glass, and was quick to raise it upwards to grab the bartender's attention for a refill once again.

Attention that didn't immediately present itself as a refill, causing Inkbrand's head to swivel around to see where the stallion was currently serving. 

Which is how he got his second start of the evening as he immediately recognized Zelda sitting a bit further down the bar, next to a burly grey Pegasus who looked vaguely familiar. The griffon looked...good, Inkbrand was quick to note, though he wasn't sure why he had thought she might look otherwise. The fact that she was even out of her workshop at a large scale event, apparently with a date of some sort, was even more of a surprise, especially considering the history that had led to the grey stallion breaking it off with her in the first place. It wasn't like he'd thought she would lock herself into her work and forgo all other relationships or anything dramatic like that, but - still. 

Maybe he'd rubbed off a little on her.

Still, they'd parted on good terms - Zelda'd been confused, yes, but had been perfectly amicable afterwards, and they'd even finished up their last date at the art convention - and even if he hadn't seen the black griffon in a while, Inkbrand had no qualms tilting his head upwards in a quick nod towards his ex, grin flitting over his face. Whether she noticed or not, he didn't bother figuring out - if she really was on a date, the last thing he'd want is to unintentionally fight the other stallion for her attention, or come off like a jealous ex. And considering he'd been sitting at the bar, Zelda undoubtedly would have noticed him first, and chosen to take her seat. Maybe purposefully ignoring him so that her date didn't start up the inquisition? 

Whatever the case, he could play along. Never let it be said that Inkbrand didn't look out for subtle romantic nuances of his friends - even if he was being a little rot most of the time.

The appearance of a griffon in the area - er, wait, there was another griffon near the bar too. How'd he missed her? In any case, Zelda's appearance, along with Naj, suddenly made Inkbrand take a figurative sit upwards to observe the myriad of different species milling about the lounge. Pony, Changeling, Griffon, Caribou...would a dragon be waltzing through the doors next? Or a pseudo dragon? There had been a whole heap of speculation over this particular Gala, Inkbrand had found out on the way over here, because of some special dignitaries that were visiting from Long Guo, a country far east of Equestria. Said country was, apparently, inhabited by rather interesting looking dragon-pony...or, pony-dragon?...hybrids of sorts.

At least one of which was supposed to be meeting and greeting various party-goers. 

"Hey," Inkbrand spoke slowly, eyes vacantly trained on the group of Caribou lounging around the sofas, "you guys know anything about that Long Guo group that's suppose to be visiting? Hmm?" The tattoo-clad stallion addressed the other four with him in no particular order, glancing first left then right, attempting to figure out if any of the others had any information he was looking for. "They're a bunch of...Qun-Lins? I think. Never seen one of 'em before," Inkbrand said carelessly, his eyes roving towards the doorway he had first entered the lounge from. 

kafyBGS.jpg

hTFcm3i.png

In her time in Equestria, Sigrun had come to notice this recurring instance of optimism and excitement in most ponies. Some of the more adventurous types would come to her land no matter how much she warned them of it's dangers. Seems the Professor was another one of them, in the end all she coudl do was believe he had the willpower to get himself to their dangerous snow covered lands. 

Her introduction of the princess of whitescar got a bit of a smaller reaction than she thought it would have... then again Randgrid hardly fit the mold of what seemed to be the Equestrian princess Ideal. She couldn't help but notice her friends increasingly dour disposition and scoffed,"Calm yourself, Princess... most of the clans have only emerged from this conflict stronger than before... for instance. I bet you a pint I could lift you above my head with one hoof now and not break a sweat." she said in an almost cheeky, challenging tone. "Beyond that... the ordeal only served to bruise a few clans morale... at least after the cure and treatments were administered. The assistance of Equestria will never be forgotten by my clan as it was their assistance that had the cure found as soon as it was." 

Prof. Razorclaw glanced in Sigrun’s direction, shaking the Jarl’s offered hoof without a second thought, feeling no repulsion whatsoever at the caribou's "altered" body. “I am Professor Morianna Razorclaw; head of the House of Razorclaw. But you can just call me ‘Professor’, if that is more to your liking. I’ve heard much about the heroics of Clan Askr... all the sweat and toil it expends to keep the ferocious beasts of the Serpent’s Spine at bay. And you, Sigrun,” the griffoness slowly nodded and smiled; “You are a credit to your species.”

"Ah, Professor... You're too kind. I am only as strong as my experiences and work have made me." She smiled to the griffiness,"While our warriors are indeed top notch... you can't forget our Woodwork. WE make the best inlays in whitescar and have produced the fastest and sturdiest of  skybound longboats" Her hoof having met Morianna's the griffin could tell that she did still show the signs of the infection's earlier stage; that of an increased body heat. Perhaps that was why Sigrun had foregone a formal dress this evening; after all if they Sun princess could stroll around naked, why couldn't a guest? "You'll have to forgive my lack of knowledge about yourself... quite a few things have been occurring in the hold that warranted my words and learning of all the political figures that would be attending was difficult to cram in my head in a single sitting."

At the words of Morianna's praises for the princess SIgrun spoke up once she was done speaking, "To be entirely honest, Professor... by Tuktu, two professors, this will get confusing." She cleared her throat a moment, "not many know that the position of High-ruler is not inherited ... Randgrid would make a great ruler  one day, but it is not her blood that will decide that." 

With the entrance of two familiar faces again, and realizing there was one pony with a blue mane she hoped to thank again for the fantastic inkwork that still marked her body even after the... changes. The Jarl smiled at Zelda as she walked by as well as Dunder.

Ugh. Of course. 

"It was implied." She muttered at Naj's question and the stallion's addition. Why wouldn't they give names after she gave hers? Still, they gave names now, though she was paying more attention to Inkbrand since he wasn't spouting some history lecture. 

Buck, she was more than happy to follow Inkbrand's instruction, downing her cider as well and putting the cup down. 

"Another! Something harder." She said to the bartender, giving them something to do after their current customer. 

Really, she was not in the best of moods right now. She was tired after her multiple shows during the day, and now she was being bombarded with sound from all the conversations. She traveled most of the time, so she took meals free whenever she could find them. No point in using more money than she needed to, especially since she was only getting money from street performances. She would try to get onto a stage or something, but that would put her on a schedule. The bat mare preferred to live on her own schedule. 

Yiska was broken from her thoughts as Inkbrand spoke up again, something about visitors from some place she had never heard of before. 

"Well I've never seen anything before, so bleh." She mumbled again, turning her head towards the sound of Inkbrand's voice. Her ear twitched at the sound of clinking in front of her, and she found her glass had been filled again. She took a swig and smiled faintly as the alcohol helped dull her headache. "Never heard of them, Ink."

Sky Crack nodded as Sigrun spoke. "Yes, a terrible, cowardly move by those who hide in the shadows. For all of the caribou's history of raiding, you at least attacked from the front, boldly, without hiding intent. They who committed this act are weak cowards who hide in the darkness, lest their faces be torn to shred in the light," she took a sip, "but there are other matters. I hate to ask, but we all know the Civil War is still ongoing. How is Askr handling both this recent blow as well as the offensives by the Obrun, Calicun, Ushur, Bwulantar, and Sakrakavika on Askr and her allies? I heard that a recent engagement in the Marshsong Woods was inconclusive, but that was before this cowardly attack. How is Tsion, one of your allied Clans, handling the death of the Chief and his line of succession?" Sky Crack asked, knowing partially some of the answers. The war was more or less a stalemate, but this recent attack on Askr was making the rebels bold.

Speaking of the war, the Princess was a welcome sight. Now that she was back he hoped that the Loyalists would get the kick in the rear they needed to stop the series of losses they had suffered. "We keep our eye on the most important creatures of the world, Princess. We would never seek to interfere with journeys of your sort, but we do keep an eye on anybou who could effect your Civil War. Speaking of, I am excited to see you back in the thick of battle. Your father's alliance is shakier than it was when you left. Whatever sorrow you feel at what has happened must be turned into hard-favored rage, directed at his enemies. The time for mourning can only come when Whitescar is stabilized," Sky Crack responded. It was true. Very true. Her story lately had been tragic but there was time to recite the sorrows of life when so much more lay ahead. She could look into the cold dusk and damn her past from the safety of a friendly land. Now onto...hmm...Morianna knew...

Words could not express the displeasure that Sky Crack felt when she learned that the Operation against Clan Vaarkasberg and their Jarl Fire Watch was more well known than she had been led to believe, The details were highly secret and supposed to be known only to the Acroneighian military and their services. This raised one of two possibilities, neither of which was pleasant, neither of which she was prepared for. The first was that there had been some sort of intelligence leak. That was the scarier option because treason was despicable. The second was that it had been a simple deduction by the Griffons, in which case they had to have known what Vaarkasberg had been up to and what Acroneighos was doing tracking Vaarkasberg. That was a few too many presumptions to make- regardless, she was proud of her work and would never turn away from her accomplishments as a warrior.

"Cold makes you alert, but it is a falsehood. You are slowed and weakened by the cold, by the freezing of your blood and the tricks it plays on the mind. Let your blood be warmed by the sun and let your own mind be the watchtower it is meant to be! That is my belief, in any case. Thank you for the compliment. Everything I do I do for the grandeur and splendor of Acroneighos, Long May She Sustain. Regardless, I hear there are congratulations in order for you regarding a promotion. Or did they simply rename the position to Director? Regardless, well done," She said, not sarcastic in the slightest. Doing well is always justly rewarded.

But now down to why the Strategos had sent her. "As you are no doubt aware, Acroneighos does not send out diplomats to such functions without cause. If I may discuss with you my intention this evening and how it may benefit your fierce nation, I would be pleased. Acroneighos is vexed and annoyed by the unreliability of our allies in Maretonia, who know they can forestall deliveries that they are required to do by agreement in order to get better deals out of us. Thus, we seek better trade relations and agreements with powers outside Maretonia so we can be freed of their undue and dishonorable influence. Acroneighos is willing to lend the aid of one of traveling Pegtasi formations to a friendly nation who is willing to meet some logistical aid requirements for Acroneighos. Do you think your nation would find interest in this proposal?"

She then saw Dunder, and raised a glass in his direction. "Ahhh, he whom I fought in the arena! A pleasure to see you recover so well, Dunder. Have you engaged in any bouts of note lately? You were exceptional!"

Randgrid found some reassurance in the words Sigrun spoke to her. She smiled at her friend's boast of strength.

"Ha! I'd like to see you try that, friend!" Randgrid said. "I'll have you know that you're not the only one who's honed her strength across the story. I could tell you stories of horrors I've encountered in my leave to the bleakest realms of this world that you would scarcely believe, and for it I've found a strength and courage that should be feared by all of our enemies!"

Randgrid threw back yet another drink and then gave a stern nod. "As for Equestria, I am pleased to hear of the cooperation. It is not the caribou way to rely on others through their problems, and certainly I've long struggled to defer unto others, but there is little doubt the greatest strength is found in camraderie. What I saw in the Crystal empire convinced me of that much." 

An old griffoness then approached them and spoke some words to each. Randgrid eyed her as she did. There was something about her which the cow found suspect. She emphsized words in a way that called attention to them. Randgrid knew little of the griffons or what it meant to be head of the House of Razor Claw, but she did have a good sense for others, and she could tell that this was not the sort worthy of trusting.

Still, as Sigrun responded to the comments laid her way before Randgrid did, the princess gave a hardy laugh. "Oho, friend Sigrun! I does please me to hear that you think I might be great--I would not hesitate to say the same of you. But do you mean to suggest that his kingly title is the whole of my father's legacy?  His is a legend built upon myriad heroic deeds! And I would assure you that I will live and die looking to uphold his legacy whether anyone deems me worthy to place a crown upon my head or not!"

She looked then to the suspicious griffon and took her outstretched talon. "Well met, friend. It is exactly as you say. Any who thinks to act against us has all reason to fear," she said with a subtle than usual intensity as she looked the griffon in the eye.

She then turned from her though kept it in her mind to keep an eye on the unsavory character.

The pegasus mare who had spoken to her before then engaged her again speaking with a depth of knowledge Randgrid found most surprising. 

"Who exactly is this 'we' of whom you speak?" she saw fit to ask. "You seem to know me well, but I'll admit that you are as a stranger to me, friend."

"If what you say is true though, then I will not hesitate in rejoining the good fight with a ferocity that cannot rightly be imagined!" she declared with a resolute nod before ordering another drink.

As the pony walked past the Jarl, he saw her tooth again. He was impressed by her confidence while rocking a fanged tooth, especially in an event like this.

Dunder smiled at her response, and blushed heavily at the peck of affection from the griffoness. His long tail swishing behind the chair swished from side to side in content. Still, in the back of his mind the pegasus could not shake the feeling Zelda was putting up some sort of facade. She wasn't her usual bubbly self as they entered the gala, which was understandable. He couldn't remember a time where she was gloomy, whatever happened must have been severe to shake a stout spirit like her's.

Also the griffoness knew the pony, and after ordering alcohol he felt that he had to reassure her. "Don't worry, I'm just going to have a couple of glasses." Just then, the bartender set a bordeaux glass with a clink against the wooden counter. The bartender pulled the cork out of the bottle and drained its contents into the glass. The fruity red liquid filled the glass halfway, making the stallion lick his lips in anticipation. Never one for wine traditions, the pony grabbed the glass and lifted it to take a sip eagerly.

Just then he heard a voice addressing him. That distinct voice with a hint of that accent. His ear turned to the source of the voice, and after the pony lifted the tail of the glass to empty its contents in his mouth, the pony reared his head to follow with a smile. "Hey! Sky Smack!" The nicer of his nicknames he threw at her. He spun on his barstool to face her. "And, you know, not being dead is a good recovery I would say." He crossed his legs, "As for bouts, in the Arena I fought a diamond dog and a griffon noble and won both fights. On top of that, I helped the Jarl with her WRAITH infestation and berserker plague." He motioned his hoof to Sigrun. "Only if we had a contubernium in our sortie. We had to retake an aqueduct that WRAITH was distributing plague in. Just three of us."

He glaned over at Zelda, hoping the bird wasn't just buried in her drink and that she was cruising back to being her normal chatty cat.

“There you are!” Naj said cheerfully before hugging him at the bar. He smiled widely as he returned it before nodding.

"Sorry about that, Naj," he replied. "Couldn't help but take a look at some of this place. It's just incredible."

Nodding next to Inkbrand, he added, "Yeah, we decided to make a few days' trip of it." before the conversation turned to introductions of the rest of those seated along the bar nearby. The aerion didn't seem willing to give a name again, even though Naj had asked, and she was slowly but steadily getting into a less and less pleasant mood, that much was obvious. Instead Inkbrand piped up with his own round of introductions, culminating with finishing off his first round himself. Well, Red had drunk to stranger things, so at Inkbrand's insistence, he took a healthy sip of his cider. Setting his glass down again, he added, "And, my name's Red Cedar. Pleased to meet you."

As Inkbrand started addressing the room, and in particular, it seemed, the caribou in the midst of negotiations with some pegasus, he shook his head. "Besides the Princesses, I don't know who exactly was supposed to be attending."  As Equestria's major high-society social event of the year, it was renowned for its networking amongst the attendees. Red just had no idea how much benefit that would have been to him in everyday life, nor how much benefit a forest worker like himself would have been to the elite, other than some light landscaping and pruning.

EJhBYU5.png?1

Once her drink was finished, the black griffon scooped up her glass and took a short sip. Ho-boy, this bartender is going to get such a tip! The Negroni was made perfectly and she could not think of a better drink to start the night with. Even with the music and all of the yammering around her, the blacksmith was at peace. She could handle just about anything that would be thrown at her during the night. She even spied her former colt-friend and turned to him with a friendly smile while raising her glass in a toast.

While she was with Dunder, the pair were not a 'thing'. Over the last few years, when neither of them could find a suitable date for a certain event, they usually invited each other. She always felt that her old friend and he were the perfect couple. They were both energetic, silly little ponies who enjoyed going on adventures. While wearing armor and swinging a sword around was actually part of the red mare's job description, she was still not sure what Dunder did for a living.  But he could cook a mean breakfast and that was something the Walker family had lacked for centuries. A family member who could cook. A run in with an icy unicorn mare ruined that dream and thus the curse continued.

Zelda glanced at the stallion when an magenta coated mare mentioned the arena. She had never attended a fight, but had heard murmurings about such a place while working at the R.E.A smithy. She even heard Fire's colt-friend had gotten his backside kicked rather soundly by Chieftain Sigrun. "Whatever you do Dee, don't mention the arena to Fire Walker. Ever. She would probably devout her life to shutting the place down." She paused to listen to the assorted adventures her little brown buddy had been in, and could not help but be impressed. "Wow. I really missed a lot, didn't I?"

Professor Clyde Krashkop thanked the Chieftain for the conversation and then got up on his four hooves.

Realizing there was much more to see and hear in the Grand Galloping Gala, the green elderly stallion decided to go exploring.  Taking to the air again, the Professor flew out the door, lost control and then started bouncing off the walls of the hallway until he was out of sight.

Exit Professor Krashkop...

Spoiler

This RPs moving too fast for me to keep up, so I'm just going to bail.  Guess it was worth a try to RP here.  Have fun everyone!

felw7r.jpg

Morianna Razorclaw stroked her chin with a claw. She was no soldier, so there was the high possibility that optimum temperatures for Sky Crack might greatly differ from a griffon who fought with the mind instead of the sword. It was a very logical conclusion to reach; after all, Saddle Arabian Horses and Viking Caribou would each suffer horribly if force to fight in the other's homeland. Evidently, word didn’t take long to reach political-insider circles concerning Morianna's changed official title to that of ASI Director; a simple acknowledgement that nobody really bought her prior official position as "Special Advisor" to the Prime Minister. "Oh, it's not that praiseworthy of an accomplishment," the griffoness conveyed humility by dismissively waving off the compliment; "I'm just grateful for the continued opportunity to serve the interests of the Aquellian Republic."

The Acroneighosian took command of the conversation once more to elaborate on her purpose for attending the Grand Galloping Gala. Although Prof. Razorclaw's portfolio did not cover the Aquellian Foreign Office, she was more than capable of throwing her weight around as necessary to bend that ministry to her will. "Tsk tsk tsk..." the aged griffoness slowly shook her head as she seemed to ponder; "We are a nation of prideful griffons. I understand your offer is made with noble intentions, but as far as those admirals in the Defense Ministry are concerned, Aquellia has a large enough Navy and Marine Corps to handle all military matters."

"However," Prof. Morianna's beak broke out in a grin; "There are other means by which Acroneighos and Aquellia can cooperate on security matters... for which Aquellia will gladly pay its part through increased trade with your city-state....."

The Professor accepted Jarl Sigrun's explanation for not knowing who she was beforehand; taken at face value, the caribou's statement could be interpreted as a sign that Clan Askr has not quite returned to a state of normalcy yet. As for the other caribou... Morianna perceived the dark undercurrent behind Randgrid's words as the two shook appendages. At minimum, Princess Randgrid could not be counted on to lend her talents to the Professor's grand designs. Thankfully though, no sentient being was beyond the reach of... indirect manipulation.....

Sigrun quickly spoke up soon after, evidently feeling the need to point out how royal succession works in Whitescar. Never mind that Morianna never once uttered the word "king"; the griffoness guess one reason alone why the mutated cow interjected the way she did. "Why, if I didn't know better," the sly Prof. Razorclaw smirked; "I would say that you also desire to one day sit as High Queen of all Whitescar....."  

Having previously been distracted by the various people of the Gala, and more specifically their real or imagined attention on herself, Naj hadn't really taken a good look at the castle until Red made mention of it.  She was perhaps not as enthusiastic about architecture or decoration, she was still a little impressed by it now that she'd had a chance to look.  Either way, she readily forgave Red, shooting him a small smile.  “It's alright, this isn't a common thing.  I'd almost be more surprised if you didn't get a little distracted.  And you found me in the end anyways!”

Looking around the room also made Naj realize something else, the second griffon's arrival finally making everything click.  She'd worked with a one of these people before!  It's just that it had been some time ago, and enough momentous things had occurred in her life since then to obscure it.  She made a mental note to catch up with Randgrid once she had a free moment.  There was plenty of time for that however, and for the moment she was still interested in the conversation at hoof.

Inkbrand seemed to get distracted from what Naj had been saying by the sudden arrival of Red Cedar.  Which Naj guessed was just as well, since she doubted her own insecurities would make for good conversation, at least outside the comfort of home.  She was also pleased to see the two getting along, regardless of whether they had actually warmed up to each other or it was merely a product of being at an event like the Gala.  Either way, she was glad.  It saved her from having to try her back-up plan of threatening to whup both their flanks.

At Naj's prodding the unicorn introduced himself as Dusty Tomes, a historian, and then went on to prove it by launching into a rambling description of some history of Canterlot.  Naj was interested, even if she had her doubts that the information was completely accurate, but her friends at the bar didn't share her interest.  Dusty himself quickly realized that, and stopped his explanation.  “Well,” Naj replied to his initial comment, “hopefully all the different species here will be interesting enough, and we won't have to deal with anything really crazy.”

“The who-what from the where now?” was the first think Naj said on hearing Inkbrand's question.  Then she shook her head.  “Sorry, I don't know anything about any foreign delegations.”  She smirked at her next thought.  “Heck, just a little over a year ago an earth pony would have been an exotic creature to me,” then her expression grew more curious.  “Why, did you want to meet them?  We probably could, if we were so inclined.”

Looking over to Dusty and Yiska, Naj realized she was missing some basic information.  “Well, this guy,” she pointed to Inkbrand, “is here on vacation.  I'm here as a...'species representative' I guess, and I wouldn't come without dragging him along.”  Now she indicated toward Red, and then looked back at the bat pony and unicorn.  “So if I may ask, what brings you two to the Gala?”

Texty blushed. It was clear that his rambling did not help matters in the slightest. But, when Naj had asked about why he was attending this gala, his spirits brightened. "Ah, yes. I always found this event quite fascinating; Ponies from all around Equestria, and lately it seems all around the world, coming together for one night. I love to meet new ponies, learn their stories, and gain insight through them on places I might never have been otherwise."

He finished his glass of water. "I do find that this could be a chance to learn about a place I may never be able to visit... Hm, pardon... Species representitive?"

Texty hummed. "I thought your shape was a touch peculiar. I, as you can obviously tell, have a few... Issues with my vision. When my horn pulses," He gave his horn a pulse for illistration purposes, "I'm able to find out the shapes of objects around me, but most of the finer details are often lost. However, I'm fairly certain I have not encountered one such as yourself, though I get the strangest case of deja... Nevermind, it's best I don't start rambling again."

He put his smile back on, and leaned onto the bar. "What species are you representing, if I may ask?"

0CD1Hi0.png

Heh. Clearly he wasn't the only pony in the dark, which meant the Gala had done a really poor job of advertising the visiting nobles.

That, or the lot of them just hadn't paid enough attention.

...Nah, probably the former. 

"Qun-Lins," the tattoo-clad stallion repeated graciously, after a negatory from Noctis and Naj and Cedar, amounting to a combined 'what the buck are Qun-Lins' from the group at large. All Inkbrand himself knew about them was the fact that they came from the east, and that they looked almost draconic in features. An anomaly enough to make any one curious. Because how often did he get a chance to ogle some smoking hot babes from the far east in his day to day life? Not too bucking often, that was for sure, and he'd roll over onto his belly in front of That SODD before passing up the opportunity. 

Plus...well hay. Connections were connections, no matter how much of a long shot. Who knew what sort of business he might be able to open up, as a walking advertisement for his own tattooing parlor? Especially considering that not enough of his clients were wandering around the palace, far as he could tell. 

Thoughts of splashing down some white and gold patterns onto a draconic-looking hide were momentarily stymied, however, as Inkbrand had to pause and glance askance at the brown Unicorn, one eyebrow raised upwards to adequately convey 'are you bucking serious,' as strongly as possible. For a - presumably, he was a historian and rot - smart Unicorn, he was asking a really stupid question. Inkbrand didn't really pay too much attention to the political scene, but he was fairly certain species didn't make a habit of sending different species other than their own as representatives to foreign lands. Like sending a griffon to represent Equestria. 

Though, Inkbrand had to wonder if Naj was just bullrotting her way into a vague answer, or if she was actually being serious. Was the Changeling Empire trying to reach for amnesty and peace with Equestria, sending official representatives along the way? Were the Princesses actually considering it? Last he'd heard, that power-hungry Queen of theirs was still in power, and from everything he knew about the invasions, genuine peace with the Changelings just...didn't seem like a possibility, with her in charge. 

...Well. There was probably a reason why certain ponies were running this place and he wasn't. Even if said ponies managed to get their glorious flanks hoofed to them several times over.  

"Maybe," the grey stallion said succinctly, finally answering Naj's inquiry over his Qun-Lin questioning, "because I mean, hay. This is a once-in-a-lifetime event, isn't it? Qun-Lin nobles, I mean." Inkbrand paused to throw back the last of his drink, wiping lingering traces of his alcohol on his mouth with the back of one hoof as his gaze took on a speculative gleam. "And we could meet them, sure...but where's the bucking fun in that? We should crash their meeting, you know - do a little sneaking around," he snickered, briefly imagining a red Peryton sitting beside him at the bar as they planned their next heist or distraction technique.

Back before he'd had a legitimate business. When 'sneaking around' would have entailed something a lot more sinister than simply peeking over a garden wall.

"I just wanna get a good look at 'em," Inkbrand clarified, waving a dismissive hoof through the air, "not like I'm planning on shaking hooves and making niceties. Way more fun than just trotting on over to smile and bow a lot, am I right?" 

The question was rhetorical, of course.    

kafyBGS.jpg

E9VF1tI.jpg

The cow's brow furrowed a moment at Sky Crack's question. It was true, the infection and attack by W.R.A.I.T.H. had dealt a blow to her clan... Some of the trade had been slowed by several merchants, food supplies had dropped not frighteningly but noticeably, and the war effort she had been leading from her end had to make several strategic retreats. The Fanged cow let out a sigh, "Well, We have lost a bit of the land we had taken after the last few raids on enemy clan's lands... at least the ones who refused the terms offered to them, many of the smaller clans mine have approached for peace have elected to stay with my own and worked hard against the rebels... Clans Ushur Calicun and Bwulantar have sustained many mortal blows as even before the Askr armies' chain of command had it's disruption, Many of those lands farming lands and foodstores had been razed so eventually a few limbs of the rebel's war machine will shrivel despite the return of their lands: a clan with no food is a clan with less willpower" Sigrun looked at her now empty drink and gestured for the bartender to fill it once more.

"Tsion is holding together, their chieftain's fate was ... not one that can be talked about openly here. His son is currently training for a duel to decide between the two best candidates should lead. His calf is not much older than my own and he holds such potential... if I could I would rather see him in charge than his competition. A fiery cow with a streak far too mean and petty, but Tsion is free to handle it's internal debates as necessary with my clan's support so long as they are loyal."

"The issue of the Red Jarl is still prominent, his status as a sort of icon for the rebel armies to gather around has helped them reclaim some of the lands they have lost. As much as his blood makes mine boil, I admit; He has charisma. In addition to being one of the best warriors in Whitescar he has a personality and bravado that spurs others to action, no matter how ill advised." There was a faint increase in temperature around the cow as she thought about the bull... Something needed to be done about him, but as much anger she coudl muster towards Brann, She did not -want- to end his life. For one, it would only make him a martyr in the eyes of the rebellion and turn him into something even more dangerous. Something else needed to be done to end this war, or at least end most of the fighting. 

Soon her drink was returned and the cow took a swig, She wasn't showing any tell tale signs of inebriation. She still had her wits about her but it seemed she was a bit bold now. Taking up Randgrid's perceived challenge, The Jarl Picked up the nearby princess. Just as she said, with one hoof. The cow at her side up was lifted up high, but the one holding her blinked as she heard a knock and realized that her friend's antler's had bumped the ceiling before placing her back down again. "I don't disbelieve it, Randgrid... perhaps one day we shall finally finish that tie streak we've had all these years soon.!"

"I've had to work myself ragged just to get back to looking this similar to my old self... When I first was brought out of ... That.. State... I was apparently taller than Celestia herself, Antlers were like tree branches, and I'm told my eyes were like like torches. Thanks the Equestrian aid though I managed to get myself back together. It may not have been the way all clans may have handled it, but with that situation I had to choose between pride and pragmatism... I'd choose the same option again if I had to in the face of such a crisis."

"Worry not, My friend... I am well aware of your father's legacy. By thunder I'd dare say his deeds before he became the king inspired me to be the Caribou I am ... well barring beastly infections of course, and I know you've already made him proud!" The chieftain grinned bright but it fell slightly when she heard the  word's of the professor. She was perceptive... but then again maybe Sigrun's own status was making her a bit loose lipped. Sigrun had never hidden her desire from the King or his daughter, despite that she'd been a steadfast ally to the royal family and been a valuable ally in stabilizing a great swathe of the northeaster territories.

"The King himself knows that I believe... Even before the High King united us I spoke of hoping to gain the position." She looked to Morianna, "But he knows I am Loyal to his cause so long as it does not stray from the goal we both seek for our species." 

Impressive work by the stallion Dunder and his allies. Such deeds were well known in Whitescar due to their sheer audacity, while they would make their war slower to Acroneighos, her eyes ever fixed on bigger picture concerns. She felt that it was an admirable move by the Equestrians to help the Caribou. Acroneighos hadn't invested much into research on WRAITH- if you didn't field an army, Acroneighos scoffed at you. Seemed to her a flaw, but it was what it was. It was good they had Dunder along in any case, as he had proven his skill in the fight with her and several others. "Your bravery is to your core, Dunder of Equestria. An honor to your parents and to your lineage. I hope you took some WRAITH prisoners so they may be interrogated, then drawn and quartered for their cowardice," she said to Dunder, confident that such a reaction was most appropriate right as she begun to speak with Randgrid.

"I am Sky Crack, Scout Accompli of the Tenth Pegtasi of Acroneighos, daughter of Strategos Lightning Breaker and Strategos Thunder Hammer. The Tenth Pegtasi's Accompli formation act as intelligence operatives along with their many other duties, and work wing in wing with our brothers in sisters in Acroneighos' Strategy Session. We keep track of many warriors, generals, and philosophers, so that the knowledge of their actions may embolden our decision making. Of course you are a case of an ally we watch so their safety is assured. We also watch our enemies. To keep on topic: We knew where the Red Jarl was as of a week and a half ago. Almost killed him in an ambush, but alas, he made his escape. Of course he tends to slip us. We think he wanted us to find him so he could engage the Accompli in battle. Hmmph. His arrogance almost cost him his life," she took another sip, "but to better things!" she raised it, "Princess Randgrind, here to avenge the fallen and the honor of her clan!" she said, a toast that would be well received in Acroneighos and Whitescar alike.

Speaking of- still the matter of Sigrun Her assessment of the conflict did not entirely line up with what Acroneighos' intelligence forces had been led to believe. This was a common occurrence with Caribou, who to a fault seemed to underestimate the logistical staying power of their enemies. Every attack or raid was a fatal blow in the mind of the victor, yet to this date only a few clans had been entirely wiped out. A few had been subsumed, but that was a minor factor at best- clans absorbed their enemies only to be torn apart by internal conflict a year later. Just as Sigrun believed her enemies were winning hallow victories, those same enemies thought they were ringing the death bell of Askr. Still, it was nice to hear her confidence. "Good to hear, Sigrun of Askr. May your clan annihilate their enemies and the war end justly."

Sky Crack had been made aware before her arrival that the Griffons, being a prideful lot, would not immediately acquisece if it meant admitting weakness in any facet. And this was true. But it was also true that Acroneighos was a military state, and had little beyond. While she wouldn't be able to convince the Director of weaknesses in her nation, not consciously at least, she could be made aware of what had happened in recent history regarding the same foes the two fought. And dropping knowledge never hurt, as accurate as it was, always helps.

"But you are not those Admirals, are you not, Director Razorclaw? You know truths. Too slow to respond to the coastal raiders, too un-engaged in boarding, your navy and marines seeming squeamish. Of course you know the truth- it is simply politically hamstringing a powerful military. Security is more than the twelve fleets and twenty battalions of you nation, after all. What use is that if they are unable to act appropriately? Indeed, the pirates of Puerto Aguilla raided your coast more than twelve times in the last cycle. The Clopton Shores suffered more than...what is it, seventy-nine million bits of loss just from what was taken? Doesn't take into account other factors. Yet who was it that tracked down those pirates after they dared fire a single shot at an allied merchant vessel? We did, in a matter of days. Then we returned the goods stolen to you.

No doubt your great nation could have done it without us, but nonetheless, it was we who did. Your generals and admirals are lazy and grow too close to Equestrian comforts. We have acted as the great guardian of your coast without acknowledgement. I do not think it would be difficult to sell a logistical alliance to your fellows, when you consider their love of lazy actions and our record. But this need not always be military. By all means; honor me with the presentation of another way in which Acroneighos' friendship may well help you," she asked, eager to hear it. 

(Sorry, Derp, I totally forgot about Naj asking for a name again...)

Yiska took another sip of her drink before she realized Naj had asked for her name again. 

"Yiska Noctis." She said, turning towards Naj a bit. "That's my name." After that, she took another swig and looked towards Tomes. 

"You're blind too? Buck." She said, shaking her head with a chuckle. "I'm here for food and drink." She added, raising her glass for a second before she hummed as Inkbrand spoke again, talking of sneaking around the foreign leaders. 

"Sounds fun, Ink. Better than all that bucking fancy stuff over there." The bat chuckled again, draining her glass and slamming it down. Buck, those were really helping. 

Red found that he could only raise an eyebrow at what two of his drinking companions were suggesting. As it was, Yiska's attitude was somewhat eroding his idea of the what the Grand Galloping Gala was about if she was basically here just for free food. He felt it was an honour just to be in the palace. Yiska also went along with Inkbrand's suggestion of "crashing" the meetings of the attending dignitaries. As out of place as he might have been in high society, Red knew enough that that was probably a diplomatic error waiting to happen.

Taking another sip of his cider, he commented, "Well, try not to cause too big of an international incident tonight, all right?" before returning his attention to Naj and Texty and what the truth might have done to the historian when he heard it.

Randgrid was shocked to find herself actually be lifted, armor and all up by her mighty comrade all the way to the ceiling. Once she was back on the ground she gave a howl of laughter. "Oho, you are strong indeed, my friend, but don't expect to push so far ahead of me any time soon!"

Without warning she set aside her mug, stretched her forelegs and approached the other cow, slipping a hoof under her. It was not without some strain, but soon Sigrun had been lifted just as Randgrid had been up as far as Randgrid limb would go. After a moment then she set the caribou down and gave a long sigh. "Lifting you is quite a workout, friend!"

She laughed some more as she sat back down and ordered more frothy drinks. She truly did enjoy her rivalry with Sigrun. It kept her pushing ahead and trying to reach new heights. The only problem was that Sigrun seemed to reach them just as quickly. Since they were young, they had always been effectively an even match in all contests.

And as Sigrun spoke, first of her state and then of the high king and her intentions, she knew that they're rivalry was there to last. It would be one of the two of them who succeeded Randgrid's father on the throne, and in the competition for it, Randgrid had absolutely no intention to lose. She did not see it as any kind of birthright, granted, and in some ways she felt that Sigrun was in truth the more fit of the two of them to rule, but she nevertheless was nothing if not determined to be every bit as great a caribou as her father was, and what he was was a king.

"It sounds as if you made a most frightful sight as you were, Sig," when Randgrid decided to speak again, it was of Sigrun's strange transformation. "It is good that you were able to undo it as far as you have, but can it in time be undone in full?"

Her serious tone then became more teasing in nature. "If not, I may just have found an unexpected advantage in our contests!" She gave a full laugh and then took a swig of her drink. "Who'd have thought I'd ever make the more presentable sight of the two of us?"

She then looked toward the pegasus as she spoke at length of who she was. She was familiar with Acroneighos and their culture though she had never been to Maretonia or before this met a pony from that city. She found the mare spoke a bit too much, but unlike the shifty griffoness, she seemed worthy of respect and trust. When she spoke of the Red Jarl, Randgrid laughed.

"It's just as well that worm still draws breath. I haven't had a chance to do unto him what he has coming his way!" she boldly declared and then raised her drink as the pegasus did.

"But rightly said, my new friend. I shall bring vengeance upon all who hide in the shadows and make a mockery of the vision my father has lived and fought to achieve!" She brought the drink to her mouth and swallowed it whole in a single gulp. "I will see personally that our victory is assured!"

felw7r.jpg

If Morianna Razorclaw were a lesser griffon, she would be fuming as Sky Crack laid bare the shortcomings of the Aquellian military. But then again, there was more to the brilliance that was Pax Aquellia than pure simple-minded nationalism. By all accounts, the Acroneighisians were the perfect example of the sort of society that Prof. Razorclaw found praiseworthy; a society that would do what needs to be done to safeguard the world. Thus, letting the Scout Accompli boast of the services her ponies have done for Aquellia was something that could be easily tolerated.

“Those losses from piracy you cite are unfortunate, and intolerable... but with the passage of the PMC Reform Act in Parliament, Aquellian shipping companies will have more freedom than ever before to defend their vessels from raiders.” Passed in response to the increase in piracy levels, the PMC Reform Act granted Aquellian private military contractors the right to perform security services anywhere inside Aquellia, including territorial waters and airspace.

Concluding her show of pridefulness, Morianna was confident that Sky Crack wouldn’t think that her eventual “change of mind” would be too easy. “However... let’s suppose that the Prime Minister could be convinced to play it safe by accepting foreign assistance from your city-state. We have to ask ourselves; ‘what then’? Would a single Pegtasi be enough to tip the scales against the pirates of Puerto Aguilla?”

The griffoness softly chuckled, animatedly wagging a claw towards Sky Crack. “Knowing what I know about the elite warriors of Acroneighos, I believe the answer to that question is a yes..... but only if utilized in the most brutally efficient manner possible.” Morianna’s alternate request she’ll save for later.

Prof. Razorclaw smiled at Sigrun’s declaration of loyalty to her king and their shared goal; “Of course; few can find a cause nobler than the amending of ties between Whitescar and the rest of the world. I wish for nothing less than your complete and utter success The world and the Viking Caribou need each other more than they know.....”

Dusty Tomes and Yiska Noctis readily answered Naj's question, the former saying he was here for the chance to meet ponies and learn perspectives he might never otherwise have a chance to, while the latter had the perhaps baser but no less valid reason of being here for the food and drink, which at a party like this were bound to be noteworthy.  Naj merely nodded at both answers.

Naj stared at her drink pondered for a moment at the question Dusty asked.  “It's possible 'species representative' isn't the best term for it, but I'm not really sure what to call what I'm doing here.”  She looked right at Dusty, not that he would notice.  “As the first, and I'm pretty sure only, legal changeling immigrant to Equestria, I came here in large part to show Equestrians and others that replacing and foalnapping people aren't the only things changelings can do, and while I'm at it maybe show some changelings that there are better ways to interact with ponies than just those two.”  Naj took a sip of her drink before adding, "And I guess as technically the only Equestrian changeling right now, I'm the only one who could represent Equestrian changelings."

Inkbrand clarified, and explained that he wasn't so much interested in meeting them as he was interested in stealing a look at them from the other side of a hedge, or something to that effect.  Yiska was quickly on board.  Naj meanwhile was hesitant.  The way Inkbrand was describing it sounded like fun, and it had been some time since she'd done some low-consequence sneaking.  But she was still hesitant.  It might not be as low-consequence as it looked at a first glance.  True, she wasn't likely to get seriously injured as a result, but she also didn't know what the foreign party might find insulting.  For that matter, she didn't have the full list of what the regular Gala attendees or guards would take issue with.

Red's comment solidified that reluctance, and Naj decided it would be better if she didn't go.  In her case at least, there might be a little more at stake than just her own pride or reputation.  “Afraid I'll have to sit that one out,” she said, and then grinned.  “You guys have fun though, and try not to break anything!”  She knew how these sorts of capers often ended, having tried a few herself when she was just a bit younger.  Just because she couldn't afford to participate, doesn't me she had to stop them or be discouraging.  She chuckled, largely to herself.  “Maybe I'll just have to go up and learn about them the old fashioned way, and then we can meet back and compare notes!”  She punctuated the statement by taking another drink of her beverage.

0CD1Hi0.png

He'd pretty much been expecting it once one half of the couple responded in the negative, but he still couldn't help but be a bit disappointed. The two of them were probably the kind of couple that did bucking everything together - went to all the same events, parties, and hangout spots twenty-four seven. Like they couldn't stand being two hooves apart from one another at any given time.

Or worse yet, tended to forget about friends and family in favor of spending all their time with their S.O. 

...Well, it was the GGG, and even if Inkbrand himself wouldn't have minded wandering around the Gala apart from his marefriend for an hour or two - if he had one, that was - he supposed other couples felt it more necessary to stick together. That, or the two of them really just wanted to lounge about a bar all evening. In any event, at least one other party-goer was on board, with Tomes either still deciding, or just keeping quiet. Either way, the brown Unicorn could catch up if he decided to tag along - if the historian would be able to even catch up, that was. Climbing over garden walls and into trees was...probably, not up his alley, what with being all scholarly and stuff - but, hey, who the hay could tell.

After all, he himself had known some pretty intense scholars in his lifetime. Ones that could recite pi to a bajillion decimal places and still throw down with the best of them.

"Suit yourselves," Inkbrand shrugged, swirling his drink around a bit, "just make sure to focus your notes on their flanks. You know - cutie mark study," the grey stallion added with a lascivious wink tossed at the Changeling, before he slid off his stool and downed the last of his alcohol, settling the empty glass onto the counter top. With a toss of his head, Inkbrand indicated for Noctis, and Tomes if he was so inclined, to join him, as he threw up one hoof in farewell towards Naj and Cedar before sauntering his way towards the entranceway. A brief glance around quickly revealed the way towards the palace garden, and without any real conscious thought, a roughish smirk broke out over his lips.

It'd been a while since he'd had any cause to put his illicit skills to the test, ever since he stopped being a mercenary and started up his tattooing business. Throw in a royal palace, couple 'o guards armed to the teeth, and visiting dignitaries all out of their element, and hay yeah.

This was going to be fun.

[[ Exit ]]

kafyBGS.jpg

Changeling.

His everything hurt. He wasn't old enough to even comprehend what the sun was, he just knew it hurt. His wails of pain nearly drowned out the voice of those he would call his Mothers.

Changeling.

You can't, Texty. The other foals... They won't like you. They aren't like you. Please, just stay inside.

Changeling.

"Dusty Tomes?" Texty asked. "I... I like that. I like my new name. Mom... Might other ponies like me now?"

Changeling.

The brown stallion in the mirror wasn't him.

Changeling.

"No, mother, I'm safe. I wasn't anywhere near Canterlot, I just need to lay low a while. I'll try to keep in touch."

Changeling.

Due to Dusty's existential breakdown, he slumped backwards and slammed his head against the ground. This pain, combined with some of the cieling lights (his sunglasses had fallen of) broke him out of his trance. He closed his eyes and gurgled a bit in pain, as he tried to pulse his horn to find his glasses; Due to his panic, he couldn't get a clear image.

He brushed his leg against his cheek, and had a bit of relief when he felt fur.

"G-glasses..." He weakly stammered out. A loud ringing in his ears deafened him, and he had a bit of a cold sweat. Thoughts swarmed his mind, preventing any sort of focus.

Red could only nod in response to Inkbrand's determination as he left to do... whatever he was going to do. This might prove entertaining should rumours swirl around the Gala's festivities later on as he and Naj mingled. All the same, he hoped nothing too severe would befall Inkbrand. He was an interesting sort of guy.

Casually, he took another sip of his drink, watching the look on Dusty's face turn, well... he wasn't sure how to describe this reaction to Naj's revelation. It wasn't quite fear but... dread? Traumatic recollection? Whatever it was it was enough to send him backwards off his seat to the floor below in a manner that just looked like it had to hurt.

"Call the First Aid attendants," Red said quickly to the bartender as he jumped from his own seat, crouching by Dusty. "Don't try to move, just relax. Help's coming," he said, trying to keep him calm in case that bump on the head had been even more severe than it looked. Glancing about the floor, he soon found Dusty's dark glasses, scooped them up and placed them into his hooves. "Here you go." Red said, calmly.

Zelda's interjection about the Arena caught Dunder's attention. "Fire doesn't know? How could she not know?" He turned his head to face the birdcat.. The wine sloshed in his head, and the stallion could feel it. Whatever was in the wine was too strong for the stallion, time to switch things up! He swung his head back around and reached under his wing to summoned a few bits for the bartender, "Barkeep! One margarita, please, extra salted if you would be so kind." He turned back to Zelda. "And how could Fire not know? Didn't she know that Swift got his hinder kicked by the Jarl? That one, actually." He pointed a hoof at the fanged caribou who was lifting another armored caribou over her antlers with one leg. "Though, Swift was like disguised or something." Dunder shrugged. "I guess I can't blame her too much though. She was always the one to love peace and non-violence." The memory of her affinity for peace, he smiled.

He turned back to Sky Crack. A professional warrior as herself praising the stallion did fill his chest with pride. "Thanks." He chuckled, though since she was cultured different she wouldn't understand why her words were hollow. How Dunder's parents would see that 'honor' as unwelcome. the same reasons why the red ex-marefriend never met Dunder's family. He scratched the back of his head, "Thanks... and we didn't draw and quarter them. Too much effort. I made my best effort to see that the surviving grunts were fed and cared for accordingly and questioned." The stallion explained, probably much to the mare's disagreement. "The superiors, however, I gave over to EPIC and recommended to have them interrogated and executed. They're probably just sitting in some dungeon somewhere. After fighting with Acroneighros as an auxillary, I've seen what it looks like to effectively deal with a dangerous threat. Unfortunately, even a realm as divine as Equestria seems to disagree."

His margarita, not a moment too soon. The stallion dragged his tongue up the glass rim, licking up the salt before sipping the fruity drink. Slow and steady from now on. The stallion then heard the Jarl talk about her state after her affliction with the berserker plague. He stood up and trotted closer to her and what he didn't know was a princess, "I can confirm, you did seem taller than celestia. And a lot more..." He brought his hooves up, pulling them apart and drawing them together laterally. "...Bulky?" Maybe a second drink wasn't such a good idea.

Archived