One more thing:

Bon Bon, Carrot Top, Cloudchaser (or is that Flitter?), Lucky, Linky, Greenhooves, couple of music ponies...

The Apple Family is like the borg. You will be assimilated.

You mean there are Apple ponies without apple-based cutie marks? Perish the though! :scream:

One more thing:

You mean there are Apple ponies without apple-based cutie marks? Perish the though! :scream:

Sure! Just ask Aunt and Uncle Orange in Manehattan!

:D :D :D

hi hi

I don't know how Ashleigh Ball does it. She did it to me at the end of Last Roundup, and she did it to me over and over again in this episode. Every time she starts spilling her heart about her hopes or worries, and I start tearing up so much I can't even see. What an emotional roller coaster ride. Tears, cringe worthy awkwardness followed up by tears and then some heart warming smiles at the end.

This episode showcases so much of why honest Applejack is so awesome. She doesn't need a soliloquy to express her feelings, she just goes out and says it, and even when she messes up, she's making an honest effort. Actually, now that I think about it, it reminds me an awful lot of Winter Wrap Up.

Also, flying Earth Ponies. HA! :smug:

Well......to quote my check in post on GetGlue earlier this morning:

"For a pony who has been part of the franchise for 30 years, in many forms, styles, coat colours and personality traits, Applejack hasn't been getting the attention that she deserves in this series."

The new episode really brought out Applejack in a new way, and changed my perceptions about her in a space of 30 minutes from being a bottom of the list character, to a mid-card and in most cases, even higher. There were a few notable moments in the episode that really got me a little weepy, mainly Applejack being literally in tears after the barn was ripped to shreds.

But if there was one thing that I can say about the episode in terms of a favourite moment, it has to be Applejack finally singing a song of her very own. I can't get that song that out of my head! Especially when I was trying to get some sleep after the episode at 3:00 in the morning!

There was also a Mondegreen (misheard lyrics) moment during the song which saw the HaxMega stream chat room explode.

Overall, this episode was great and finally showcased Applejack in her true form.

They messed up one of the first lines. It should have been "we're going to need a bigger barn". It would have been closer to the Jaws quote AND a brick joke.

W-w-What?! A friendship letter?! Oh, they're still doing those?

Yes! And thank goodness!

So they honored Ms. Faust's ideas for AJ's parents. I would like to see a photo of them, at least!

Watch RD's parents be earth ponies and Fluttershy's parents be like fearless Daring Do-esque adventurers.

you mean the portrait in the apple family house? LOL, it *could* be them.

I'm glad that so many people have enjoyed this episode. For me though, it was kind of meh... Mainly the way things went was kind of obvious to me, and just not one of my favorite themes... Working so hard at something that you ruin the enjoyment of it... was very fitting for an Applejack based flaw, since she is such a hard worker, however I typically just don't like it when people do that in shows, and it was pretty obvious the lesson they had in mind so... For me this episode really didn't give me much. And the song was... ... not as well done as it could have been, in my opinion... The pacing of it seemed off for me, the beats...

What I DID like though was Babs Seed coming back, old Apple Family people speaking with each other, us able to see the full extent of the Apple Family, Apple Strudle, I think his name was, making another appearance, the letter to Celestia which was something that I had been missing, and I didn't even notice this until it was pointed out however it is pretty awesome, the subtle way of getting Applejack's parents to show up for the reunion... and the implied confirmation that they are no longer among the living... Looking back at it, that's brilliant.

So in short it had good points, and I'm glad that people seem to have enjoyed it in general, however it's not for me. Glad to see Applejack getting some focus though.

incredible episode applejack's singing voice is freaking excellent !

Speaking of which, Hey Ocean! just released a new music video of their song "I am Heart". For those who aren't familiar, Ashleigh Ball, who voices Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and apparently a pony names Apple Dumpling (anyone know which one that is?), is also the lead singer of the Canadian indie rock band Hey Ocean!

This is really why I was glad Applejack got a featured song. Not so much that i love AJ, and more the fact that they have a beautiful singing talent behind her voice. When you look at it that way, not having Applejack to her own singing number until now was kind of strange.

• Like 2

190510__safe_applejack_spike_screencap_out-of-context_spoiler-s03e08_applespike.jpg

RariSpike? Pfff! Thunderlane can have her. Spike has AJ.

Her tail and plot seem a bit awkwardly placed.. but that is a very cute pic C:

Babs!! :D I love her, so I was extremely happy to see her again!

I filed this with "Too Many Pinkie Pies" under "generall enjoyable episode". There wasn't anything particularly special about it, and it wasn't particularly emotionally hard-hitting or carrying a particularly weighty message, but it was fun. Unfortunately, the parts where Applejack was being socially oblivious didn't sit well with me. I always find that sort of scene intensely uncomfortable, and it didn't feel appropriate for Applejack, who's usually very good at picking up on when other ponies are distressed. The scenes with Granny Smith and her generation of ponies were great fun, though, as was seeing Babs again. The Oranges were in the group photo, too, which was nice, and it's at least possible that Babs is related to them. The song, again, wasn't exactly "Smile Smile Smile" or "This Day Aria", but it was fun.

... then someone explained the thing with the shooting stars, and I couldn't stop crying. Well done, writers. Well done.

Oh, and as for ponies whom we didn't think were Apples, like Hayseed Turniptruck? Some of them might be Apples by marriage - spouses do often come to family reunions. I also like the fact that there were two unicorn fillies in the group photo.

Oh, and as for ponies whom we didn't think were Apples, like Hayseed Turniptruck? Some of them might be Apples by marriage - spouses do often come to family reunions. I also like the fact that there were two unicorn fillies in the group photo.

This is a normal thought process. However, and unfortunately, I'm sure the writers and storyboard artists had no intentions or pre-fabrications of these kinds of things. In all unfortunate reality, hayseed turniptruck was probably picked because he was a redneck pony. Artists can't make a bunch of new original characters like that, unless they are integrated into the story, like Applesauce and Babs. Essentially, they needed a bunch of ponies for their reunion, so they grabbed all of the appropriate-looking country ponies and shoved them together to make the apple family. In fact, some shots had so many ponies that they even used Bon Bon.

However, any thoughts about marriages and family friends is definitely a conversation for board canon role play. Also, consider the idea that Apple ponies can grow other things than apples. Applejack and Sweet Apple Acres have already been seen to have grown cabbage, carrots, and corn. A turnip stash probably wouldn't be out of the question. And if its probable at Sweet Apples Acres, than the possibility of turnips growing somewhere on a Apple family farm would be inevitable.

I got a high level of awesome from the new canon air-ship. At least one part of the Apple family (was it the Oranges) is doing pretty well for itself.

This was an all round sweet episode. Tons of continuity nods, and I finally have some good memories of Babs Seed. I like the way it's hinted in the background that she's moved to a new school, away from the bullies at her old one, and is actually setting up her own branch of the CMC.

I didn't catch the AJ's parents thing until was told either, and I'm glad, because it would have made my less happy on my first watch through.

Letter to Celestia was good, and so was the way Applejack acted.

This is a normal thought process. However, and unfortunately, I'm sure the writers and storyboard artists had no intentions or pre-fabrications of these kinds of things. In all unfortunate reality, hayseed turniptruck was probably picked because he was a redneck pony. Artists can't make a bunch of new original characters like that, unless they are integrated into the story, like Applesauce and Babs. Essentially, they needed a bunch of ponies for their reunion, so they grabbed all of the appropriate-looking country ponies and shoved them together to make the apple family. In fact, some shots had so many ponies that they even used Bon Bon.

Either that or Bon Bon heard there was a party in town with free food and decided to crash it. ebab2e2041e376c5022861a.jpg-Oh! A Party! I was just in the neighborhood......

• Like 3