Season 3 Information Thread (Spoilers inside)

I don't know why you're all complaining about Luna not getting enough screen time, because this is a major improvement over her being effectively non-existent. Here, we are given some dialogue between her and her sister and a rather contrasting attitude compared to Celestia as well, offering us some personality to indulge ourselves upon.

Compare to Return of Harmony, where Celestia mentioned her about once or twice in passing.

Shoving Twilight's mentor aside for more Luna would be a telltale sign of favoritism getting out of hand.

I don't know why you're all complaining about Luna not getting enough screen time, because this is a major improvement over her being effectively non-existent. Here, we are given some dialogue between her and her sister and a rather contrasting attitude compared to Celestia as well, offering us some personality to indulge ourselves upon.

Compare to Return of Harmony, where Celestia mentioned her about once or twice in passing.

Shoving Twilight's mentor aside for more Luna would be a telltale sign of favoritism getting out of hand.

True, all the points you make are completely valid. It is a huge improvement, and I'm really grateful for that. I just hope that this isn't all we see of her... :/

Calling it:

After a long struggle, to 'save' the Crystal Kingdom, Twilight Sparkle will help Princess Cadence and Shining Armor magically 'hide' it again for another thousand years. She will return to the castle thinking she failed, but both Celestia and Luna will commend her for making a hard decision that did protect the kingdom. Celestia will then tell her she's 'passed the test' and will now advance in her studies

Calling it:

After a long struggle, to 'save' the Crystal Kingdom, Twilight Sparkle will help Princess Cadence and Shining Armor magically 'hide' it again for another thousand years. She will return to the castle thinking she failed, but both Celestia and Luna will commend her for making a hard decision that did protect the kingdom. Celestia will then tell her she's 'passed the test' and will now advance in her studies

Right... that actually makes sense... Rulers must make difficult decisions in order to rule effectively.

Another thought: Spike is once again being the punching bag... The huge book falling on him, Twilight blowing up at him... Someone should make a compilation of all the times Spike has been hurt, thrown around, etc. It would be a pretty sizable video.

Another curious Celestia quote:

King Sombra, a unicorn who's heart was black as night...
...who's heart was black as night...
...BLACK AS NIGHT...

With that sort of anti-night prejudice, no wonder Luna revolted against her sister. :scream:

• Like 4

Being a good pony..Not watching this rather lengthy preview...Not gonna watch it..Already hate self for watching previous previews...Want this to be fresh... :scream:

Breathe deeply Tacobob! Breathe! Resist the Dark Side!

Must... Not... Watch... 8 min... PREVIEW!!! :oops:

I'm actually trying my best to resist watching that preview. I scrolled down really fast so that I won't have to see the spoilers. I've already watched both songs and the promo. I have to stay strong for another 10 days! Why must you tempt me so Hasbro?

Just thought of a possible plot hole in this premier:

IF, as one of the Crystal Ponies claims, "we've been away for a thousand years," this would have a major clash with established Equestria history. Think about it. The 'magical disappearance' of the Crystal Kingdom took place BEFORE Princess Luna became Nightmare Moon (since she AND Celestia worked together to defeat the evil unicorn king). Since it was after this incident (who knows how long) that Luna changed to NMM, how could NMM been 'exiled' for EXACTLY a thousand years and the Crystal Empire (also not to return for 1000 years) comes back AFTER NMM is freed? I know this is a minor 'plothole' but I'll bet there will those in the fandom that will pounce on this!

Also, did you notice in the clip that 'grown up' Princess Luna was the one working with Princess Celestia to defeat the unicorn King. Yet, after NMM is defeated, 'Luna' is a much smaller (and younger) alicorn in Season 1 Episode 2. Of course, THIS could be explained by saying that the Elements of Harmony both defeated NMM AND ALSO reverted Luna to a 'younger' form to give her a 'new start' as a royal princess. Still, betcha some geeks in the fandom will catch THIS apparent 'blooper' too.

• Like 1

136365__safe_screencap_spoiler-s03_royal-guard_spoiler-s03e01.png

Earth pony guards are now canon.

(Seriously, every other guard was either a unicorn or a pegasus) :???:

HAY! The Royalty of Equestria are Equal Opportunity Employers, hiring Royal Guards regardless of their origin, creed OR species! Good for the Princess sisters!

:D:D:D

• Like 2

:Luna: : "Favourtism getting out of hand? So, we are...favoured? Hmmm....Shoving Twilight's mentor 'aside'....."

*Hoofsteeple*

Blaming you for the next Nightmare moon Whitehawke!

IF, as one of the Crystal Ponies claims, "we've been away for a thousand years," this would have a major clash with established Equestria history. Think about it. The 'magical disappearance' of the Crystal Kingdom took place BEFORE Princess Luna became Nightmare Moon (since she AND Celestia worked together to defeat the evil unicorn king). Since it was after this incident (who knows how long) that Luna changed to NMM, how could NMM been 'exiled' for EXACTLY a thousand years and the Crystal Empire (also not to return for 1000 years) comes back AFTER NMM is freed? I know this is a minor 'plothole' but I'll bet there will those in the fandom that will pounce on this!

Also, did you notice in the clip that 'grown up' Princess Luna was the one working with Princess Celestia to defeat the unicorn King. Yet, after NMM is defeated, 'Luna' is a much smaller (and younger) alicorn in Season 1 Episode 2. Of course, THIS could be explained by saying that the Elements of Harmony both defeated NMM AND ALSO reverted Luna to a 'younger' form to give her a 'new start' as a royal princess. Still, betcha some geeks in the fandom will catch THIS apparent 'blooper' too.

Perhaps

The measurement of 1000 years is not exact and NMM came shortly after the defeat of the Unicorn king (e.g. the evil entity that was part of him jumped to/'infected' Luna?) NMM came about, was defeated and banished for 1000 years but crystal kingdom was missing for 1000 years and 9 months (or similar negligible additional time).

Canon denying aside: As crystal kingdom never knew NMM, Luna doesn't have any stigma attached to her and is loved and accepted there so it is her who goes to rule rather than Cadence. Luna now has a kingdom where she is on equal footing to Celestia, show writers can freely move between Celestial and Luna kingdoms for the purposes of story (or fanservice) and toymakers are happy because you can have a new 'Crystal mane six' and parallel toyline setup without going through a transformers style killing spree and losing the existing mane six and BG ponies!

That'll be 1% of sales profit from this new idea please Hasbro! :razz:

I just assume Celestia gave a round-ball approximation this one time when mentioning the 1000-year time-frame to Twilight. I also wouldn't worry too much about the use of adult Luna in the flashback either; I think the real answer is that the MLP staff simply like their new Luna design better. :P

Ooooooor......

They are reinforcing the idea of adult Luna in our minds so when they present the surprise 'canon filly Tia and Wuna' they drain our last remaining Hnnnng and bring about the D'aaaaw-pocalypse!

Ermergerd! 2012 is back on folks! :-o:-|:oops::scream:

• Like 1