Season 3 Information Thread (Spoilers inside)

Some new possible Season 3 creatures have popped up on some Trading cards.

1.jpg

1.jpg

Considering the bunny, there is a massive chance that if this turns out to be true, we'll be seeing some more action from a certain Draconequs.

Update: Turns out the wolf-like creature is an unused asset. No word on the spider. Seems considerably less likely this reveals anything, though.

The return of Slender Bunnies? I like that... :lol:

The dog-like thing has been confirmed as an unused version of the Sapphire Stone that was real, but the spider has not.

Hopefully the spider will remain as a villain of some sort, or at least a creature, because that's very sleek design for the show...

Some new possible Season 3 creatures have popped up on some Trading cards.

-snip-

Considering the bunny, there is a massive chance that if this turns out to be true, we'll be seeing some more action from a certain Draconequs.

Update: Turns out the wolf-like creature is an unused asset. No word on the spider. Seems considerably less likely this reveals anything, though.

Source on these?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, since I can't check right now, but the spider looks like one of the ones that Luna summoned in Luna Eclipsed.

The spiders in Luna Eclipsed were simpler in design.

That's what I immediately checked and noticed.

I'm thinking this spider will be in Season 3 sometime. Hoping for some Nightmare Fuel to come along with it, because FiM needs some of that to be 100% nostalgic.

Because let's be honest, the only reason you remember "The Brave Little Toaster" is because of this scene:

Suffice it to say, This next season will be epic. Wether it be an Epic Fail, or an Epic Win. We shall soon see. All I know is this, when the next season comes out, I am having a MLP party at my place and watching all the episodes from season 1-2 and finishing off with the latest episodes of season 3. Stay tuned, yall for another fabulous season!

BROHOOF FOR EVERYBODY! /)*(\

So, the 'end of Ponyville' stills are said to be labelled Ep 12-13, the end of season three...

Maybe someone, meddling exec or otherwise has looked at the split demographic and wants it re-polarised into 'little girls' and 'late teens +'.

Ponyville suffers an unspecified disaster which the Mane six respond to and win but right at the end:

The CMC, their relatives, Celestia and the more 'child friendly' group start again in a new place.

Season 1 MLP:New beginnings

(About time) Twilight Sparkle, Luna and other more 'grown-up friendly' ponies set off to have adventures.

Season 1 MLP: Adventures in Magic

XTREEEEEEEEEEEM!

Season 4 MLP:FiM doesn't happen but we get two new shows, for better or worse.

:mad: This madness courtesy of lack of sleep from a week of 12 hour shifts... :mad:

EDIT:- Ooh ooh, "MLP: (Celestia's) New Dawn"

I think you might need some more sleep then, Lerian. :P

Anyway, I assume that if there is in fact a new spinoff that caters to a slightly older (and male?) demographic, that it wouldn't do anything at all to change the dynamic of the *cough* mane show. I'd like to see such a spinoff centered around Luna and Celestia, since the setup of the mane show doesn't allow the princesses to star in too many episodes.

• 2 weeks later...

Upcoming DVD cover incoming:

I suppose we can expect at least a two-parter in the Crystal Empire, eh?

Note :smug:, :blah:, :blush: and :eek: 's eye reflections, they're hexagonal instead of the usual simple circles (see ;-) and :D ). Possible upcoming plot point?

Then again, the quality of these covers have been less than...adequate compared to the actual show, so it's probably just an animation fail. :P

Cadence looks different too. compare the differences:

91632__safe_princess-cadance_spoiler-s03_spy_cutiemark_redesign-ques-.jpg

*G1 Pony image*

Eye reflections =/ Eye shape

It'd make more sense for Cadence to be the one with the "crystal" eyes anyway!

Speaking of the weird crystal eyes, I watched the MLP movie recently, and I think one of them had the crystal eyes (Because the quality of my vid is rather excessively low), she had a green coat with dark green highlights in her mane. What was with those crystal ponies anyway? From what I gathered there is virtually no difference between them and average ponies besides the eyes. Hopefully G4 will address this.

As for the movie itself, it...um...it was...

...it was.

Note :smug:, :blah:, :blush: and :eek: 's eye reflections, they're hexagonal instead of the usual simple circles (see ;-) and :D ). Possible upcoming plot point?

Then again, the quality of these covers have been less than...adequate compared to the actual show, so it's probably just an animation fail. :P

Cadence looks different too. compare the differences:

91632__safe_princess-cadance_spoiler-s03_spy_cutiemark_redesign-ques-.jpg

That's what happens after being married for a while. (Or so I gather.)

Those jewel eyes are creepy. Imagine G1 AJ with them! *shudders*

Speaking of the weird crystal eyes, I watched the MLP movie recently, and I think one of them had the crystal eyes (Because the quality of my vid is rather excessively low), she had a green coat with dark green highlights in her mane. What was with those crystal ponies anyway? From what I gathered there is virtually no difference between them and average ponies besides the eyes. Hopefully G4 will address this.

As for the movie itself, it...um...it was...

They are called jewel eyed ponies. No, they have no difference except the jewel eyes, and I don't think that's ever explained.

They just are.

They are called jewel eyed ponies. No, they have no difference except the jewel eyes, and I don't think that's ever explained.

They just are.

They're called twinkle eyed ponies. There is a horrifying backstory for it that one comic lays out:

http://equestriamlp.livejournal.com/350386.html

On to the art...The facets in the pupil in the DVD cover art is consistent with some toys that are coming out. Just the highlight is faceted, the eye is not literally a jewel like the g1 ponies. So far all of the mane 6 and other toy-only so far characters like Ploomette have appeared with this quirk.

http://mysteryponies.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/cadenceyes.jpg

They're called twinkle eyed ponies. There is a horrifying backstory for it that one comic lays out:

http://equestriamlp.livejournal.com/350386.html

On to the art...The facets in the pupil in the DVD cover art is consistent with some toys that are coming out. Just the highlight is faceted, the eye is not literally a jewel like the g1 ponies. So far all of the mane 6 and other toy-only so far characters like Ploomette have appeared with this quirk.

http://mysteryponies.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/cadenceyes.jpg

Ponyfeathers. Guess I'm not as old as... uh... some people.

Interesting with the different mane and tail styles for the mane six. All have a different look!

Makes me wonder if that's just a cover art thing or will that be a temporary or even permanent change to the six?

Oh...And it's ABOUT TIME! :/

http://www.equestria...l-season-1.html

"Brand-New Audio Commentaries with Cast and Crew." INSTANT purchase for me!

It's an Amazon exclusive..And it's only 25 bucks..

dvdkm.jpg

Lazy cover..Same ol' vectors..Wingless Fluttershy...Would be nice if they could make an original bit of art for the cover..But hey...Season 1!

• Like 1