Troll Friends

JAKJAK291

So the other day, I had a friend come into school wearing a brony shirt. I asked him what his favorite pony was and all of that jazz (it was Pinkie Pie). I thought it was awesome that I found another brony in my school. So I asked him a week or so later at lunch when the new season of MLP would start, and he said he had no clue and that he lied about being a brony. He only wore the shirt to piss of people.

Has anyone had a situation like this?

That sounds silly! If he was just trolling, that would suggest he doesn't have knowledge of what the names of the ponies would be, such as Pinkie Pie. I think there's some other reason this person responded the way he did, but I'm not sure why. My two bits!

I really would have punched this kid, like seriously people thar do stuff like that gives a bad name to the brony community, if you don't want your friends to know stay in the stable! But just trolling makes me very very angry

You have really classy friends. My friends, if they knew I was a brony, would just call me "fag" or something. Or, maybe, just maybe, they may try and play me up by saying they're wanted to get in the show, and ask for all these details and whatever, before getting up and leaving. It would be especially effective because I tend to cling on to friends for the one or two attributes we share, before slowly opening the horizons to see more "friendable" aspects, so if I thought one of my acquaintances was a brony, I wouldn't shut up about it to them.

You have really classy friends. My friends, if they knew I was a brony, would just call me "fag" or something. Or, maybe, just maybe, they may try and play me up by saying they're wanted to get in the show, and ask for all these details and whatever, before getting up and leaving. It would be especially effective because I tend to cling on to friends for the one or two attributes we share, before slowly opening the horizons to see more "friendable" aspects, so if I thought one of my acquaintances was a brony, I wouldn't shut up about it to them.

exactly how most of my friends are, they are too immature to realize that me watching a show that which doesn't effect them at all, makes me not their friend.

I only tell people I KNOW are good friends and are trustworthy.

This is also the reason I have no merch.

Sounds like a cover story. Pony shirts are fairly expensive, I don't imagine any non-fans would have the where with all to not only find a place that sells pony shirts, let alone buy one unless they were a fan. I smell deeper angst.

I'm blatantly open with my pony stuff to all my friends/family. My philosophy is that if they're the kind of people who would harass me for something I like, then why the heck would I want to be friends with them?

Heck, I've converted two of my friends, and got another to at least watch the show while she nurses her baby (she really likes it, but she's a super busy power mum).

I really would have punched this kid, like seriously people thar do stuff like that gives a bad name to the brony community, if you don't want your friends to know stay in the stable! But just trolling makes me very very angry

I know it's a figure of speech, but responding that way is definitely not a good way to represent yourself, or the community. There's a lot of factors at play we are not aware of, so I would shrug and move on.

I agree with Rosewind here. Shrug off the entire situation.

But in speculation, something's telling me he's a closet brony or at least watched the show...I mean, at one point he baught the shirt or his parents did and he did decide to wear it that day. I mean, what if there were no bronies to annoy for wearing that shirt and pretending to be a brony?

Read the following spoiler if you are 13 or up and want to know the truth about trolls.

Really, this again? I am both a troll and a brony. I love how the media portrays us as people who "feel empowered" by trolling. We just find it funny. And to be honest, I HAVE a social life. I have REAL FRIENDS. I honestly only troll when some one acts like a fool usually some 17 year old goes on 4chan, and then calls everyone a pervert.

And then when they make comebacks, she commits suicide and they are automatically evil little brats. (I rarely go on 4chan though, and when I do I try to stay away from any and all pictures of "pretty girls")

Another thing is that really trolling is usually in my case 90% making the other guy insult me while I watch him get mad..

This kid actually sounds like a genius.

13 and up post again due to mentioning an R rated movie and censored cursing.

It's like V for Vendetta, he doesn't only wear the mask to hide his identity, he chose the Guy Fawkes mask to give a big "F YOU" to the bad guys.

In your opinion he's an idiot, in everyone elses he's a BAMF

Never has this happen to me, everyone I told just accepted it. Probably because I looked at them like a serial killer, but I mean come on, what's that going to do.

They are, however, surprised that I actually watched the show at all. They play games with me (FPS') and I tend to scream and get a tad too hype and then I go watch MLP and I'm calm sipping herbal tea.

Me: "YADDA YADDA YADDA DROP SHOT DIE ETC ETC!!!

(10 Seconds later)

Me: "Oh Rainbow Dash, you so funneh! Hehehe!

My friends: Dafuq LM?

Never has this happen to me, everyone I told just accepted it. Probably because I looked at them like a serial killer, but I mean come on, what's that going to do.

They are, however, surprised that I actually watched the show at all. They play games with me (FPS') and I tend to scream and get a tad too hype and then I go watch MLP and I'm calm sipping herbal tea.

Me: "YADDA YADDA YADDA DROP SHOT DIE ETC ETC!!!

(10 Seconds later)

Me: "Oh Rainbow Dash, you so funneh! Hehehe!

My friends: Dafuq LM?

Your lucky my friendd look at me like I just chopped an um..."area" off of them ;)

Yea that's the true face of horror

This kid actually sounds like a genius.

13 and up post again due to mentioning an R rated movie and censored cursing.

It's like V for Vendetta, he doesn't only wear the mask to hide his identity, he chose the Guy Fawkes mask to give a big "F YOU" to the bad guys.

In your opinion he's an idiot, in everyone elses he's a BAMF

The kid wore a shirt for something he didn't care about because he thought it would shock people.

He spent 20 bucks to shock people by pretending to be shocking.