Establishing a 'Magical Guild' in Canterlot!

PIJIN

This is terrible....I've been working on a character app for this for weeks, and there's only one flaw I know of, so I can't post it and wait for approval! (I don't post till I'm 100% done)

But...I never thought something this tragically hilarious would happen. So can you all help me?...

What is a good mane colour scheme for a pony with a lavender coat? Also, suggestions for eye colour would be appreciated as well....

Sorry my issue is so silly.... :lol:

I'm HORRIBLE with colours. So I understand. Let's see...Lavender....Lavender and pink...Very feminine...Green...Also works...I think....And Blue...For a stallion...What do you think? You could also play with a pony creator and see what colours look best for you. Me..I'm lazy. My two current OCS are White & Grey...And red red...While my other OC I;m working on is all blue...But I can use variations of these colours...Pocket Change has an Light Amberish Gray coat...Amberish Gray mane...And Moderate Emerald Green eyes..Fire Walker has a Vivid Red coat, moderate vermilion mane..And Moderate Red eyes..While Wind Walker has an Moderate Cornflower Blue coat...Light Arctic Bluish Gray mane and Brilliant Scarlet eyes. colours are fun! :D:RDash:

This is terrible....I've been working on a character app for this for weeks, and there's only one flaw I know of, so I can't post it and wait for approval! (I don't post till I'm 100% done)

But...I never thought something this tragically hilarious would happen. So can you all help me?...

What is a good mane colour scheme for a pony with a lavender coat? Also, suggestions for eye colour would be appreciated as well....

Sorry my issue is so silly.... :lol:

Its not silly at all! Now your in my neck of the creative woods :3 I'll have a few ideas for you in a bit, can't really think straight now xD Well since lavender is a pastel colour, I'd go with another pastel. Like Azure blue. You could even pull off a darker purple. as for eyes, I like a huge contrast so if I use dark colours for the mane, then my eyes will have "pop" so maybe a yellow or light blue if you want to stick with the cool side of the colour spectrum.

So Clair..... now that Nivial's been approved, when can we expect the OP? :)

Well Abbot Alembic and a few other participants characters need reapproval or to be approved. So ill wait for the census on that.

(Edit: Next week, Monday regardless. This will be a slow RP from the looks of it, so everyone will have time to get in in the action)

Hey there! I have a unicorn character named Miss Understudy who I think would do very well in this guild. As a magic user she's about moderate in talent, but is a curious soul and would be in it to learn. Other than that, she's a very shy actress with a gigantic heart.

I won't be ready for a while; working out a few kinks and bugs with Poof...Whom I still haven't posted, for I can't find a suitable colour with lavender....And his history is incomplete....

So if the RP hits off with out me, I'll just be the guild's noob. :P

(Edit: Next week, Monday regardless. This will be a slow RP from the looks of it, so everyone will have time to get in in the action)

Yeah, I don't see this as an super-action-super-busy RP, but I have a feeling it will lead to more than a few cool new RPs on this board.

Id just like to say that I am SO happy that we're doing this. Ive been looking for a way to start rp'ing in mane for about a month, but I just never could find an rp that I wanted to join, but this gives me the chance to hop in and have some fun over there :D

I won't be ready for a while; working out a few kinks and bugs with Poof...Whom I still haven't posted, for I can't find a suitable colour with lavender....And his history is incomplete....

So if the RP hits off with out me, I'll just be the guild's noob. :razz:

No way! We'll start together! If you need help with anything artsy, I'm your gal/guy! As for the history, ask Bellosh for help. I'm sure he can give you a leg up on something awesome!

Alright! The clock winds down and things are getting ready to unfold! I know I said this Monday, but the Christmas season has brought me nothing but long work hours and aching feet so we'll start once everything dies down. I want to do this right so forgive me for postponing this. Well I hope everyone is as excited as I am! I look forward to RP'ing with you all!

As for the history, ask Bellosh for help. I'm sure he can give you a leg up on something awesome!

I help people with character histories now? That's news to me (though I suppose I could you with brainstorming if you really need the help). :razz:

I'm ready to start when you're ready, Clair. ^_^

(those I suppose I could you with brainstorming if you really need the help). :P

I do!!!!!!!

HELP ME :(

This is all I have, I'm ashamed of myself...

Name:

"The Most Amazing" Abra "Poof" Kadabara

Sex:

Male

Older Colt

Species:

Unicorn

Coat colour:

Light lavender

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style:

His medium length mane and tail share the same colour of lime green.

Eye colour:

Dark lime green

Cutie Mark:

A dark purple cloud with a lavender question mark in it. Resembling how unpredictable he can be sometimes.

Earned recently when (WIP)

Physique:

He has a feminine body, rivaling that of even some mares and with a voice to match. Other than that, he is a healthy and normal weight.

Origin:

(WIP)

Traveling show pony.

Motivation:

To be the best magician in Equestria. To not be regarded as "just another show pony". He wants to stand out and be known for who he is, not just what he does.

Being noticed

Realistic optimism

Originality

Dislikes: (optional)

Jerks

Not understanding something

Character Summary:

History –

(WIP)

Parents – His parents, both earth ponies, also travel along with their son across Equestria. Performing and living off of what their business gets them.

Cutie Mark Story –

(Major WIP)

((something involving improvising))

Flaws – 

Tends to be smart alek in serious situations

Personality - Poof is very kind, and regards himself as very caring and loving. He speaks highly of himself while trying not to brag or boast, but still trying to convince everypony that he is a magnificent magician.

He's not one to take things very seriously, taking many situations lightly as if they were everyday affairs. Though he still thinks ahead and prepares. Solving problems in a slightly comical, yet useful, way.

All help from EVERY AND ANYPONY would be wonderful. ^^

I do!!!!!!!

HELP ME :(

This is all I have, I'm ashamed of myself...

Name:

"The Most Amazing" Abra "Poof" Kadabara

Sex:

Male

Older Colt

Species:

Unicorn

Coat colour:

Light lavender

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style:

His medium length mane and tail share the same colour of lime green.

Eye colour:

Dark lime green

Cutie Mark:

A dark purple cloud with a lavender question mark in it. Resembling how unpredictable he can be sometimes.

Earned recently when (WIP)

Physique:

He has a feminine body, rivaling that of even some mares and with a voice to match. Other than that, he is a healthy and normal weight.

Origin:

(WIP)

Traveling show pony.

Motivation:

To be the best magician in Equestria. To not be regarded as "just another show pony". He wants to stand out and be known for who he is, not just what he does.

Being noticed

Realistic optimism

Originality

Dislikes: (optional)

Jerks

Not understanding something

Character Summary:

History –

(WIP)

Parents – His parents, both earth ponies, also travel along with their son across Equestria. Performing and living off of what their business gets them.

Cutie Mark Story –

(Major WIP)

((something involving improvising))

Flaws –

Tends to be smart alek in serious situations

Personality - Poof is very kind, and regards himself as very caring and loving. He speaks highly of himself while trying not to brag or boast, but still trying to convince everypony that he is a magnificent magician.

He's not one to take things very seriously, taking many situations lightly as if they were everyday affairs. Though he still thinks ahead and prepares. Solving problems in a slightly comical, yet useful, way.

All help from EVERY AND ANYPONY would be wonderful. ^^

I don't think the app honestly looks that far off. It's a good foundation.

You might consider updating to the current application form. In doing so, you can fold the likes/dislikes/motivation into the character summary and elaborate on them there for more detail. You won't really need to add too much to it then. Maybe just a touch more detail to the personality/flaws.

With that, you'd only really have to focus on the cutie mark story and the history sections, and really we do not ask for anything excessive for either of these.

I see origin is undecided at the moment. Now, on the current app form we don't ask for origin as a field (instead asking for the current residence there). Still, figuring out where the character is from will undoubtedly help you shape the character's history. You can take this a number of ways. With the show pony thing, having him come from Las Pegasus might make sense and allow for some fun possibilities. Alternatively, you could have him come from Manehattan, Staliongrad, Fillydelphia or another one of the cities. Once you've settled on that part, it might help give you some ideas for the history. Again, you do not need to go overboard for history. If there isn't much to tell, you don't have to say much.

For the cutie mark story, likewise, you don't need to give us an extreme level of detail (really, the section where we're looking for the most detail is character summary/personality, which you already have a good foundation for). For the story, feel free to keep it simple and just make sure it relates to the character's talents and overall character.

Hope that's some help. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. :)

I don't think the app honestly looks that far off. It's a good foundation.

You might consider updating to the current application form. In doing so, you can fold the likes/dislikes/motivation into the character summary and elaborate on them there for more detail. You won't really need to add too much to it then. Maybe just a touch more detail to the personality/flaws.

With that, you'd only really have to focus on the cutie mark story and the history sections, and really we do not ask for anything excessive for either of these.

I see origin is undecided at the moment. Now, on the current app form we don't ask for origin as a field (instead asking for the current residence there). Still, figuring out where the character is from will undoubtedly help you shape the character's history. You can take this a number of ways. With the show pony thing, having him come from Las Pegasus might make sense and allow for some fun possibilities. Alternatively, you could have him come from Manehattan, Staliongrad, Fillydelphia or another one of the cities. Once you've settled on that part, it might help give you some ideas for the history. Again, you do not need to go overboard for history. If there isn't much to tell, you don't have to say much.

For the cutie mark story, likewise, you don't need to give us an extreme level of detail (really, the section where we're looking for the most detail is character summary/personality, which you already have a good foundation for). For the story, feel free to keep it simple and just make sure it relates to the character's talents and overall character.

Hope that's some help. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. :)

The time wizard saves the day! :D