Canterlot Voice - Guide to Roleplaying

Tenkan

Hey, Canterlot! What's up?

Today, I had the honor of having both QuickLime and ping111 joining me in this week's episode of the Canterlot Voice to discuss quite a lot!

Join us as we talk about Pinkie Pie being more than a clown, the essence of roleplay, and ask threads being a fad I had no idea existed...

Audio Download

[colour=#000000]Show Notes[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Hosts[/colour]

• [colour=#000000]Tenkan[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Guests[/colour]

• [colour=#000000]Ping111[/colour]
  • [colour=#000000]QuickLime[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Featured Artist[/colour]

[colour=#000000]NemesisPon3[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Creative Threads[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Interview Included[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Roleplay[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Discussion[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Too Many Pinkie Pies Review[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shoutouts[/colour]

• [colour=#000000]QuickLime to LovinMoonlight for being a great friend and artist, and to the Rp helpstaff for doing such a great job.[/colour]
  • [colour=#000000]Ping111 to Noctriix[/colour]

[colour=#000000]

[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Music Credit:[/colour]

[colour=#000000]

[/colour]

[colour=#000000][colour=#000000][colour=#000000][colour=#000000][colour=#000000][colour=#000000]Intro Song:[/colour][colour=#1155cc] ‘Pony Should Pony Pony’ by alllevelsatonce[/colour]

[colour=#000000]2nd Intro Song[/colour][colour=#000000]: ‘[/colour][colour=#1155cc]Epiphany’ by the Verdilac[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Creative Works Music: ‘[/colour][colour=#1155cc]Space Congos’ by Artax[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Interview Music: ‘[/colour][colour=#1155cc]Break or Be Broken’ by DannyMirage[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shoutouts Music: [/colour][colour=#1155cc]’Structure’ by DannyMirage[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Outro Song:[/colour][colour=#000000] [/colour][colour=#1155cc]Winter Wrap Up Metalized’ by Bronyfied[/colour][/colour][/colour][/colour][/colour][/colour]

[colour=#000000]

[/colour]

Thanks for watching, everypony! What did you think of this week's episode? :)

• Like 4

Aww, thanks for the shoutout Lime, I know all of us on the RP team appreciate it! :)

I rather liked this episode. QuickLime is a great facet of our RP and just generally awesome. I was glad to see she was the guest here and she proved to be a quite fun one. As it were, she gave some really rather good RP advice too, which I definitely like to see. Anything to help bring attention to Canterlot's RP section and all the work that goes into it. Hope to see more big players in the RP (both users and on the RP Helper team) get invited on in the future. ;)

Good selections for the RPs, I think. Those foal threads with Brian's Cheerilee always looked so fun to me and kind of make me wish I had apped a foal in Ponyville at some point. Davroth's assistant thread also seems like a wonderful concept (though again, I didn't have the proper character for it) and the thread looks like a lot of fun.

Ooh, and yay for more new episode discussion. I'm right in line with you guys on this one. I know there were a fair number of neighsayers, but I maintain that this was a delightful, fun, funny episode. :D

Anyway, keep up the great podcasts. :)

Also, sorry for being so boring and picking chocolate muffins last time I was on, Tenkan... :(

• Like 2

Listened to the podcast before I could even put pants on...

Thoroughly enjoyed this episode, it was so full of hype! Chrysalis was a rather out of the blue answer, but she is quite a good character, and dat giggle. Having these two on he CV was definitely a good call. It was very informative about how to RP and gave me a bit of insight into RP'ing. I must say, I must be the rudest person alive because I do skim post, because some people write the longest bucking post that, even though I'm the biggest noob when it comes to RP, in no way shape or form are relevant besides the sake for being long. So if there's a problem with me feels on that, well, challenge accepted.

On a more light-hearted note, it was nice hearing about the most popular/active RP's. I really don't have time to read a lot of these RP's so it was good to actually get them to drop a few lines about what goes on there and wouldn't mind a section about it for each podcast. I'm more likely to visit each CV thread than to go visit the RP section.

I personally loved to many Pinkie Pie's, her being my second favorite pony. Amazing references, the finger the creeped the buck, that's nightmare fuel to little kids folk. And I for one would LOVE if an army of Pinkie's invaded my home.

The IRL Thread is awesome, I had a few post with pictures up, but I took them down because (being disambiguous is fun!) And only those who actually heard my voice those two times (one being the CV) know that I may or may not be male (possibility I used a voice changer or that wasn't me at all, your call) :twisted:

Also, thanks for the shout out, I really didn't deserve it and it was quite the surprise. :)

Another great podcast as always with two great guest!

th_AutumnJumpGIF-1.gif?t=1353478375AWESOME PODCAST YOU GUYS, CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT!

• Like 1

Aww, thanks for the shoutout Lime, I know all of us on the RP team appreciate it! :)

I rather liked this episode. QuickLime is a great facet of our RP and just generally awesome. I was glad to see she was the guest here and she proved to be a quite fun one. As it were, she gave some really rather good RP advice too, which I definitely like to see. Anything to help bring attention to Canterlot's RP section and all the work that goes into it. Hope to see more big players in the RP (both users and on the RP Helper team) get invited on in the future. ;)

Good selections for the RPs, I think. Those foal threads with Brian's Cheerilee always looked so fun to me and kind of make me wish I had apped a foal in Ponyville at some point. Davroth's assistant thread also seems like a wonderful concept (though again, I didn't have the proper character for it) and the thread looks like a lot of fun.

Ooh, and yay for more new episode discussion. I'm right in line with you guys on this one. I know there were a fair number of neighsayers, but I maintain that this was a delightful, fun, funny episode. :D

Anyway, keep up the great podcasts. :)

Also, sorry for being so boring and picking chocolate muffins last time I was on, Tenkan... :(

Surely you should notice the hypocrisy in my words since I still love Chocolate muffins, but act all snobby about anyone choosing Chocolate muffins as their fave. :lol:

Also, your input is appreciated, Phil. ^_^

What happened to the box-made-of-soap? That was hilarious...

AND TWINKIES!?!?

Dude, I know! But sometimes the sorrow of editing is that you gotta remove some really good parts to save time. :(

Listened to the podcast before I could even put pants on...

Thoroughly enjoyed this episode, it was so full of hype! Chrysalis was a rather out of the blue answer, but she is quite a good character, and dat giggle. Having these two on he CV was definitely a good call. It was very informative about how to RP and gave me a bit of insight into RP'ing. I must say, I must be the rudest person alive because I do skim post, because some people write the longest bucking post that, even though I'm the biggest noob when it comes to RP, in no way shape or form are relevant besides the sake for being long. So if there's a problem with me feels on that, well, challenge accepted.

On a more light-hearted note, it was nice hearing about the most popular/active RP's. I really don't have time to read a lot of these RP's so it was good to actually get them to drop a few lines about what goes on there and wouldn't mind a section about it for each podcast. I'm more likely to visit each CV thread than to go visit the RP section.

I personally loved to many Pinkie Pie's, her being my second favorite pony. Amazing references, the finger the creeped the buck, that's nightmare fuel to little kids folk. And I for one would LOVE if an army of Pinkie's invaded my home.

The IRL Thread is awesome, I had a few post with pictures up, but I took them down because (being disambiguous is fun!) And only those who actually heard my voice those two times (one being the CV) know that I may or may not be male (possibility I used a voice changer or that wasn't me at all, your call) :twisted:

Also, thanks for the shout out, I really didn't deserve it and it was quite the surprise. :)

Another great podcast as always with two great guest!

th_AutumnJumpGIF-1.gif?t=1353478375AWESOME PODCAST YOU GUYS, CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT!

*Points hooves at self*

Bigger RP Noob right here!

That's why I fear to approach it. :P

And thanks for your comments, as always, LM. :)

• Like 1

First of all this podcast of ours is getting better which each passing episode. Two rather awesome guests with a lot of say which made it all the more enjoyable to listen to. Next I am rather surprised that I was the featured artist double surprised on how that twilight bath picture became rather well known on the forum haha.

Octavia is best pony!

Interesting choices of favorite ponies and muffins. The RP advice is pretty great and defiantly worth noting down :P

Overall the episode was great Good job tincan, Ping and Quicklime!

Thank you guys so much for the shoutout! I'm glad you liked my first pony related song, being new here and all :) I enjoyed the rest of the show as well, I think I'll be tuning in in the future ^_^

And I'd be glad to sing at any point, haha. Though I'm sick at the moment. Great work, guys!

• Like 1