Canterlot Voice 18 - Thanksgiving 2012

Tenkan

Hello, Canterlot! What's up?

We've got a new podcast for you this week, where Noctriix and Brained delve into good old Canterlot Roleplay talk, discuss the new Season 3 episode, and indulge in the spirit of Thanksgiving!

Plus, who better to invite to the Thanksgiving recording than MyLittlePonyTales? One of Canterlot's trusty moderators. ;)

Audio Download

[colour=#000000]Show Notes[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Hosts[/colour]

• [colour=#000000]Noctriix[/colour]
  • [colour=#000000]BrainedBySaucepans[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Guests[/colour]

• [colour=#000000]MyLittlePonyTales[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Featured Artist[/colour]

[colour=#1155cc]SkyMunki[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Creative Threads[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Roleplay[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Discussion[/colour]

[colour=#000000]One Bad Apple[/colour][colour=#000000] Episode Review[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shoutouts[/colour]

[colour=#000000]

[/colour]

Music Credit:

[colour=#000000][colour=#000000][colour=#000000][colour=#000000][colour=#000000][colour=#000000][colour=#000000]Intro Song:[/colour][colour=#1155cc] ‘Pony Should Pony Pony’ by alllevelsatonce[/colour]

[colour=#000000]2nd Intro Song[/colour][colour=#000000]: ‘[/colour][colour=#1155cc]Epiphany’ by the Verdilac[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Creative Works Music: ‘[/colour][colour=#1155cc]Space Congos’ by Artax[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Interview Music: ‘[/colour][colour=#1155cc]Break or Be Broken’ by DannyMirage[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shoutouts Music: [/colour][colour=#1155cc]’Structure’ by DannyMirage[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Outro Song:[/colour][colour=#000000] [/colour][colour=#1155cc]Winter Wrap Up Metalized’ by Bronyfied[/colour][/colour][/colour][/colour][/colour][/colour][/colour]

[colour=#000000][colour=#000000][colour=#000000][colour=#000000][colour=#000000][colour=#000000]

[/colour][/colour][/colour][/colour][/colour][/colour]

[colour=#000000]Thanks for watching, everypony. Please feel free to leave some feedback to improve the quality of the show, and maybe some stuff worth talking about next episode? ;)[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Have a nice weekend![/colour]

Woo! I was wondering when Tales would get on here again!

I love Sky's style, its rather...well soft! Random, "I love you Ping" in the background was hilarious!

Well thats the reason that BBS wasn't drawing recently, I haven't seen you around the site earlier either!

It was good to hear about more RP goodies. I've never heard of the AMA thread, I may think of reading it over.

Another great episode! So many times you all have burst into song XD

Heh. I was kinda looking forward to Noctriix and BBS hosting together; they both have a really great energy that they bring to the show. Add Tales into the mix and it all made for a rather entertaining episode.

Glad to see more focus on the RP. Nice threads getting attention there. Love the Princess AMA thing; reminds me I should probably send in another letter--don't think I sent anything to Cadance yet. Steel's doing pretty good job running that ROTL as well; been having a good time running Gilda through it again. Deserves the attention.

Tales gave some pretty good RP advice too.

Of course, if you really want the good RP information you should be going to members of the RP Helper team rather than the moderation staff! ;):smug::blah::razz:

• Like 2

As a participant in the ROTL thread, I'm glad that RP got a mention. I really hope the the RP-related shot-outs continue in this podcast. Oh yeah, I agree 100% percent with Tales in that you should always have a plan in mind whenever you're asking someone to RP with you.

Okay, so I listened to both. Overall, very good!

- Hosts: Need to be involved more. There is this odd disconnect between host and guest at times. It feels like sometimes the host isn't interested in exactly what the guest is talking about, allows the guest to talk, and then says, "Okay, well that is that". It makes the flow odd. When the hosts are involved and seem excited by what the guests are talking about, the podcast is really good.

- They could also probably try to read the roleplays and/or e-mail OPs for more information. The guests have done a decent job of explaining things and giving insight, but they generally have limited perspective. One thing to do is find out what the guest will choose to RP and then PM the OP/main characters of the thread, wait 24 hours for any and all responses, and bam, you have more information to give.

- The segments end a bit abruptly. They'll be good discussion, awkward silence(like someone just farted), and we'll start a new segment.

Overall, the podcast is very good. You cover a lot for a short time frame and have improved remarkably since the early going. Three hooves high!

• Like 3