Strange things you notice

On the education piece. It seems that there is a primary school in Ponyville, but up to what grade is a question (middle school, high school).

There is one university, but it seems spesifically for magical studies.

I'm thinking of it like a guild system back in medieval times. Say a person wanted to learn how to bind books. They would apprentance at a bookbinding guild with a master and then after training rise from the apprentance position. Same I think is happening in the canon. After all, Equestria does seem mostly medieval with a splash of Victorian, Western, and modern.

In "The Cutie Mark Chronicles", I couldnt help but notice Fluttershy's filly design when she told her story. In comparison to the short and chubby designs of the filly mane 6(and pretty much the rest of the foals in the episode for that matter), she was taller and skinny. Assuming the mane 6 are around the same age, did Fluttershy "develop" earlier and the rest caught up with her in time? Or, is there a bit of an age gap between her and the girls?

Speaking of Flight-School, what's the deal with Scootaloo? She's like a 'tween' and she can't fly? It seems Pegasus pretty much known the basics of flight at a very young age. Even shortly after birth. Even Fluttershy who's considered a poor or weak flyer was out and about when she was Scootaloo's age. Hopefully we'll get an episode of the show that deals with this..Duh duh duh daaah! :wail:

Speaking of Flight-School, what's the deal with Scootaloo? She's like a 'tween' and she can't fly? It seems Pegasus pretty much known the basics of flight at a very young age. Even shortly after birth. Even Fluttershy who's considered a poor or weak flyer was out and about when she was Scootaloo's age. Hopefully we'll get an episode of the show that deals with this..Duh duh duh daaah! :wail:

Let's do a little size comparison... Fluttershy at summer flight camp (where she could barely fly)

screenshot20120308at112.png

Scootaloo in Cutie Mark Chronicles

screenshot20120308at115.png

Fluttershy is much taller (she's about 3 heads tall, Scoots is about 2 heads tall). So I'd say to give Scootaloo some time (and you can't use the Cake Twins for comparison, since cannon explicitly states newborns have weird talent spurts.)

• Like 1

In "The Cutie Mark Chronicles", I couldnt help but notice Fluttershy's filly design when she told her story. In comparison to the short and chubby designs of the filly mane 6(and pretty much the rest of the foals in the episode for that matter), she was taller and skinny. Assuming the mane 6 are around the same age, did Fluttershy "develop" earlier and the rest caught up with her in time? Or, is there a bit of an age gap between her and the girls?

She may have just gone thrown a growth spurt first. Some people have this awkward stage where they grow fast, but their body is a little bit disproportionate because they need time to 'flesh out'. Eventually they'll grow into their own body.

Fluttershy says she's a year older than Pinkie Pie. Makes you wonder if she had to repeat a year of flight school ;)

Being a year older than Pinkie Pie doesn't mean she's a year older than Rainbow Dash. As far as we saw, Pinkie Pie wasn't attending school yet (although she may have been home schooled all along).

I've noticed the blank flanking too but I thought that some of them just had a mark on one side like the toys.

No, the ponies in the show have them on both sides (use the end of both parts of Art of the Dress as an example of a top veiw). Hasbro is only doing that on toys to save money. They started doing that at the start of G3 (2003). BTW, I know this post was old but I wanted to say it anyway.

It's minor but...

Snips and Snails! Obviously they must be in a different class, since we didn't see them for the rest of the episode. I wonder if they're a year older than the others.

The school-house is kind of big, so they probably have room for more than one classroom, but Ponyville probably isn't large enough for a full sized 1-8th grade type school. Probably patterned after old timey schools where teachers didn't teach single grades, but a group of grades...

So Applebloom is the only one in her class with a blank flank. Until she meeds Scootaloo and Sweetie Bell who also lack cutie marks, and then apparently are in her class in later episodes.

Where were they before she met them?

Strangely enough the CMC are actually cuddled in fear of Nightmare moon in the first episode of season 1. Makes you think why they never came to this realisation of cutie marks much earlier.

Strangely enough the CMC are actually cuddled in fear of Nightmare moon in the first episode of season 1. Makes you think why they never came to this realisation of cutie marks much earlier.

Would you notice that in the face of impending doom? Seems trivial in comparison. :P

Princess Celestia is a princess but there are no king and queen

Apple Jack has not parents, she only has Granny Smith as her guardian

I heard she was originally called Queen Celestia, but Hasbro changed it. Cause all little girls wanna be pretty princess! (Deja-Vu!)

Considering AJ is an adult, I'm sure she and her brother are in charge of looking after Granny Smith. Don't want her to wander off and get eaten by the Timberwolves. As for her parents, they're either dead or in another town.. :sniff: ACk! Sorry. I mean not at all dead, but in another town. Yes. One with a big yard so they can run around in...Whew! :smug:

Er. They're just gods who have a thing for being called 'Princess'. Guess it makes 'em feel younger. :blah: We already have sun and moon gods..Wonder what other pony gods they have out there? One has to be ruling over Tartarus...Maybe a war god....mmm.

Princess thing is because of Disney and their evil regime brainwashing little girls into thinking queens are evil and princesses are good.

Here is the link from faust confirming this courtesy of tales: http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/0beedbf8d2a82fc6a0b6fb241682a320/5739%20-%20celestia%20deviantart%20lauren_faust%20queen%20word_of_faust.png

• Like 1

Yeah, i heard that somewhere. Probably in an interview.

As for Princess/Queens, I guess when a little girl thinks of a princess. She's thinking level 1. Some responsibilities,but they still have a life of sorts. When she becomes Queen. it's end game. Throne. Rules. No fun.