What anime are you currently watching?

carameldelight

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YES! WATCH IT AND LOVE IT! XD

I just watched and finished School Days. Warning, it's very emotional and a pointed a bit towards more mature audiences. I'd say its rating matches up with Family Guy. I don't really recommend anyone to watch it 'cause it because the storyline just toys with your emotions, and ends up making you want to smash your screen in after watching it. But if you want to, be brave, mare/stallion! I'm only going to share my thoughts about it.

OHMAIGODTHISANIMEISTWISTED. Not in the way you think, but with the way the characters act. The main character is the only character I have a burning hatred for in anime. Everyone I know who watched it hates him so much. He's a coldhearted idiot who cares about no one. He's not the quiet, ruthless type. He's the "I have no care for anyone's feelings" type. He's a giant heartbreaker. I'm gonna go ahead and spoiler my next thought on him cause it ruins the ending.

Soon enough in the end, he realizes what he did, and I kinda like him for that. But at that exact moment you finally feel bad for him, he's stabbed repeatedly and decapitated by his two girlfriends. He still deserved it, though.

• 4 weeks later...
I saw the Toonami block on CN is going to be showing Samurai 7! Great anime...until the second half. They'll also be showing Eureka Seven, but I could never get into that one.

I always liked the movie better.

• 1 month later...

Hm, rather empty thread...let me throw my list into it.

A lot of anime I've already watched but decided to go back and relive some great memories.

Bleach, but only on the Toonami block, Eureka 7, Samurai Champloo, Girls Bravo, Ouran Highschool Host Club, Full Metal Alchemist, Fairy Tail, Death Note, Hayate the Combat Butler, Highschool of the Dead, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Soul Eater, Code Geass, FLCL, Tegami Batchi, Letter Bee, Hidamari Sketch, Rosario + Vampire, Air Gear, Baka and Test, Demon King, Daimao, Darker Than Black, Eden of the East, Kaze no Stigma, Black Butler, Trigun, Afro Samurai, Chobits, Line Barrels of Iron, Clannad, Clannad After Story, Lucky Star, Hellsing, Mushi-Shi, Ranma 1/2, Shuffle!, Sgt. Frog, Black Blood Brothers, Tsubasa, Dance in the Vampire Bund, Case Closed, Devil May Cry, Gun X Sword, Kanon, Sekirei, Sonic X, Spice and Wolf, Zatch Bell!, Ah! My Goddess, Black Cat, Happy Happy Clover, Onegai! My Melody, Hamtaro, Hikaru no Go, MAR, Nabari no Ou, Negima!?: Magister Negi Magi, Please Teacher!, School Rumble, Witchblade, XXXHolic, Love Hina, Kirby, Nana, Buso Renkin, and Hell Girl...

There's A LOT more but I'm starting here for the moment being...

Just finished a few series and started on Amagami SS

Toradora was simply AMAZING! THE ENDING WAS JUST SO WELL DONE THE WHOLE STORY ARC MADE IT WORTH THE NOT SLEEPING ALL NIGHT!

Astarotte No Omochu was very well done also

Ano Natsu De Matteru was oddly paced and jerked you around quite a bit.

Working through Cowboy Bebop now that Adult Swim has started the season over on the weekends.

I wasn't a huge fan of the show.

The characters were very well developed but I feel like I misunderstood something about the overall plot.

Just finished a few series and started on Amagami SS

Toradora was simply AMAZING! THE ENDING WAS JUST SO WELL DONE THE WHOLE STORY ARC MADE IT WORTH THE NOT SLEEPING ALL NIGHT!

Astarotte No Omochu was very well done also

Ano Natsu De Matteru was oddly paced and jerked you around quite a bit.

I wasn't a huge fan of the show.

The characters were very well developed but I feel like I misunderstood something about the overall plot.

It's simple, they're looking for the Samurai that Smells of Sunflowers.

What?

Edit: **** Wrong anime! Forgive me...I'm tired. :-|:oops:

But they just deliver cargo, and throughout the series, Bebop crew members' pasts catch up with them, and the show regularly utilizes flashbacks to illustrate the history of the main characters. The day-to-day life of the crew is also explored throughout the series.

That's pretty much it...

Edit: **** Wrong anime! Forgive me...I'm tired. :-|:oops:

But they just deliver cargo, and throughout the series, Bebop crew members' pasts catch up with them, and the show regularly utilizes flashbacks to illustrate the history of the main characters. The day-to-day life of the crew is also explored throughout the series.

That's pretty much it...

[colour=#0000ff]Ed is insane. That's why I love her! [/colour]

There's a much larger story at play in Cowboy Bebop, and a lot of it is explored as the series progresses. It doesn't really explain what happens -- you sort of have to figure it out. Big plot point? The moon explodes. The other main plot happens within the two-parters -- mostly about Spike's time in the Syndicate and his relationship to Jet. Then we throw in the rest of the cast with their histories and problems and...yeah. It's quite fun. My favorite episode would be Toys in the Attic or Brain Scratch.

Right now I'm working on The End of Evangelion. I've seen the anime series three or four times, but I've never bothered with the ending-end for realsies. It's weird finally watching it.

I'm currently making my way through Amagami SS and Amagami SS+

Both have been amazing so far and very very sweet.

Hahaha every anime I've recently watched is under the romance category!

Sae and Junichi make the best couple by far.

So many manly tears were shed.

• 1 month later...

SAO is fantastic. I love that there's a big twist almost every episode.

Same here as I was watching I couldn't help but feel nostalgia as SAO reminded me of the first time I delved into anime (back when anime like FMA and Gundam were brand new) the anime is well thought out and doesn't fall for the generic cliches that so many anime fall into.

The characters are brilliantly fleshed out and very relatable (my favourites being Kirito, Asuna and Yui because...Dem feels...), the side stories really add to the atmosphere and the main story (my favorites being the Black Cats and Yui's story). The Villains aren't cliched and by the end of the original SAO arc, I couldn't help be feel sorry for Kayaba since he wanted to create his own virtual world for which he had full control of and just generally live out dreams he just simply couldn't do in reality. I liked that they went that angle because we've all had those moments and thoughts where we could do things that would be impossible to do realistically.

The ALO arc appears to be somewhat void of side stories that SAO had, maybe later but I hope SAO continues because I'm loving every episode so far and I hope Kirito and Asuna met for real and properly hook up I was rooting for Kirito when he was fighting those guardians... Turns out they love overkill.

And dat opening theme...

[/media]

Hnnnggggggg... It's FMA all over again. :blush:

Hm, rather empty thread...let me throw my list into it.

A lot of anime I've already watched but decided to go back and relive some great memories.

Bleach, but only on the Toonami block, Eureka 7, Samurai Champloo, Girls Bravo, Ouran Highschool Host Club, Full Metal Alchemist, Fairy Tail, Death Note, Hayate the Combat Butler, Highschool of the Dead, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Soul Eater, Code Geass, FLCL, Tegami Batchi, Letter Bee, Hidamari Sketch, Rosario + Vampire, Air Gear, Baka and Test, Demon King Daimao, Darker Than Black, Eden of the East, Kaze no Stigma, Black Butler, Trigun, Afro Samurai, Chobits, Line Barrels of Iron, Clannad, Clannad After Story, Lucky Star, Hellsing, Mushi-Shi, Ranma 1/2, Shuffle!, Sgt. Frog, Black Blood Brothers, Tsubasa, Dance in the Vampire Bund, Case Closed, Devil May Cry, Gun X Sword, Kanon, Sekirei, Sonic X, Spice and Wolf, Zatch Bell!, Ah! My Goddess, Black Cat, Happy Happy Clover, Onegai! My Melody, Hamtaro, Hikaru no Go, MAR, Nabari no Ou, Negima!?: Magister Negi Magi, Please Teacher!, School Rumble, Witchblade, XXXHolic, Love Hina, Kirby, Nana, Buso Renkin, and Hell Girl...

There's A LOT more but I'm starting here for the moment being...

Bolded what I've seen out of that list.

But wow, quite the impressive selection.

Azumanga Daioh....I thought the Omnibus was good, but the anime is just as awesome! Also, I just decided to finish up D-Gray Man after about 4 months of not watching. XD I'm starting the manga now.

I've watched a titanic-load of anime in my day, but Azumanga and D-Gray Man are possibly one of my top two right now.

Yeah, Rose got me watching Sword Art Online as well. Not bad. I'd say there are some pacing issues and it doesn't entirely put its focus where I'd like, but overall it's pretty smart and very visually nice. Good stuff. :)

Still need to watch the latest episode... :P

Oh and at the moment, I am also watching Chuunibyou Demo koi ga ****ai and Psycho-Pass. Both are really good so far. Also got a lot of Robotics;Notes downloaded, but haven't gotten around to looking at very much of it. ;)

Right now I finished re-watching Char's Conterattack (who would have guessed?)...again. Probably the best Gundam movie so far (Awakening of the Trailblazer is a joke).

Also GA GA GA, GA GA GA GaoGaiGar ! Or rather, Yūsha Ō GaoGaiGār! It is THAT series (among the many others) that inspired TTGL. If you haven't seen it, watch it NOW! GaoGaiGar came at the same time as Neo Genesis Evangelion but unlike it, there are no angst whatsoever- in the way, it's NGE antithesis. Instead you get uncountable moments of awesome. In this anime, even mission control staff is hotblooded.

Be warned, through - this is mecha series so if giant robots are not your thing, avoid.

Outlaw Star - awesome opening and good anime overall. If you fan of Cowboy Bebop, you will like this as well.

Archived