Boot Camp RP (Take 2 - Sign ups!)

Hey WoE! I was going to run a boot-camp style RP back in January, however a slight snag came up in my plan: I had to go to boot camp myself! Since the old topic is nearly a year old, I decided it would be best to make a new one.

You can make a new character for this RP, or use a current one. There is plenty of opportunity! Those who don't want to commit a character to military life can always take advantage of the CLC - Citizen Leader's Camp - as described below.

Royal Equestrian Army Training Academy and Citizen Leaders Camp

Your pony would be a civilian pony within the REA's 75th RTC (Recruit Training Company), going through a special program designed to allow civilians to go through military training, called Citizen Leaders Camp (CLC). This camp will allow them to train alongside REA recruits and give them the unique opportunity to better themselves and see what a regimented life is all about. They will have had to pay a fee, sign a waiver, and be given a list of what to bring and what not to bring.

If you're interested, you can either post a link to your (approved) character sheet here, or PM it to me. Also feel free to PM me with any questions whatsoever :)

What I would expect of this RP:

-Problem Solving

-Team-building Exercises

-General Military Shenanigans

-Friendly Competition

-Leadership Training

What I would NOT expect of this RP:

-Drama (in any way shape or form)

-Hazing

-Full Metal Jacket nonsense (insane recruits, overabundance of verbal abuse, etc etc)

-COMBAT TRAINING

"But Magi! The whole point of going to basic training is learning how to fight!"

Negative.

There is a LOT more to the military than grunt fighting. Seeing as this RP series would take place in the Mane RP, it will abide by its rules of no combat or violence, despite its military theme. If you're looking to make your pony John Rampone by end of this RP, it isn't for you.

But I wouldn't burst that many bubbles without telling you what this WOULD offer!

Problem solving would involve a series of challenges your pony and their team would have to complete in order to accomplish their objective. Obstacle courses, puzzles, navigation, and things of that nature. Team-building would also develop in these times, though it would also include ice breakers and social interaction. Making friends, building comradeship and trust!

Of course, competition could be thrown in for some extra fun! It's your team versus the other team to see who can complete the test first, or whatever the condition for victory may be.

Shenanigans? In the military? You heard right.

The training staff will mess with you, so sometimes the recruits will mess with them right back. Discretely of course.

Obstacle courses and such can be fun, and open plenty of opportunities for silliness. But not too much! Lock it up!

Pranks and spirit missions! The other squad humiliated you during that last challenge? Time for some friendly payback after lights-out.

As you can see, this RP will be more about having a good time in a military training environment, with some seriousness, as is needed. It's military ponies, not military robots. You can make an entirely new character or enlist a current one, it doesn't matter much to me. So long as you're looking to work hard, have fun, and look good! That mane better be in regs, soldier!

*Staff positions (bolded) are open to ANY current REA characters. Spots that are not filled will, simply, not be depicted in the RP!

CURRENT ROSTER - 75th RTC

Commanding Officer - Colonel Pummel

Company Commander - First Lieutenant Fire Walker

Chief Drill Instructor - TBA

Senior Drill Instructor - Master Sergeant Reveille

Drill Instructors:

Crystal Guardsmare Alexandrite Tilt

Staff Sergeant Night Watcher

Guardstallion Silverheart

Classroom Instructors:

Private First Class Flash Sentry

Private First Class Radiant Steel

1st Training Platoon:

-1st Squad:

Citizen Leader Albina E. Greywing

Citizen Leader Blueblood

Citizen Leader Shadowe

Citizen Leader Snowfall

Citizen Leader Spin Tale

-2nd Squad:

I'm still interested in having Snowfall take part as a civilian trainee. :)

I also have some REA ponies if there are staff places for them. Radiant Steel is a good friend of Flash Sentry and a PFC like he is, so maybe she could join him in the classroom. I also have Alexandrite Tilt, a Crystal Empire guard who could perhaps make an interesting drill instructor.

Well, I guess I won't be using my AWESOME OC Buck Norris.....(Cause he doesn't exist and the Mods would probably hunt me down and slap me silly if I tried) :scream:

I could use my R.E.A character First Lieutenant Fire Walker

She'd probably work as an Drill Instructor...

Roster updated!

As forwarning, Rackenhammer, the Prince won't be getting special treatment. Well, maybe he will, but not in the sense he probably expects ;)

Well, I guess I won't be using my AWESOME OC Buck Norris.....(Cause he doesn't exist and the Mods would probably hunt me down and slap me silly if I tried) :scream:

I could use my R.E.A character First Lieutenant Fire Walker

http://www.canterlot...e-walker-final/

She'd probably work as an Drill Instructor...

Just a couple stuff I want to check up on:

The app says she's a former guard and currently an adventurer. Is she still in the Army...? From what I read I'm assuming yes, since it states she could return so long as she attended training.

Also it's a bit unorthodox for an officer to serve as a Drill Instructor. I can allow it since we don't really have to follow a strict real-life model here, though keep in mind that she will be treated with the same level of respect and authority as an enlisted Drill Instructor (such as a Sergeant). I wanted to make sure you were aware of this and remind you there is a Company Commander slot open :)

Also it's a bit unorthodox for an officer to serve as a Drill Instructor. I can allow it since we don't really have to follow a strict real-life model here, though keep in mind that she will be treated with the same level of respect and authority as an enlisted Drill Instructor (such as a Sergeant). I wanted to make sure you were aware of this and remind you there is a Company Commander slot open :)

Mmmm. Company Commander does sound interesting. Sign her up for that!

And her sheet is a bit old..Over the last year or so, she slowly became a part time officer/adventurer..So if there was an interesting R.E.A. type RP, she'd be there, just as if there were an fun adventure type RP..Or even a slice of life. I like keeping all of her options available...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm debating whether to submit Albina or Valiant for this RP. Albina is the type of griffon who would both enjoy and get a lot out of the Citizen Leader's Camp, but she's... well, a Griffon, who may not even be eligible. On the other hoof, Valiant has already completed Basic and would likely serve as an instructor- but there's already a disproportionate number of recruits to instructors. :scream:

Considering there was a team for the Griffons in the last episode, and they're taking part of the Equestria Games, you think it's safe to say that the griffons wouldn't be considered foreigners?

Archived