NMN Awards Banquet OOC

...QuickLime, I think you may be taking this all a little too personally. Some of our characters may be a little unruly, and may take false impressions of each other, but that's just being in-character. Cashmere is upper-class, and some ponies may have a slight bias coloring impressions. As for not listening to Celestia, I don't really see that happening too much myself.

Cashmere lives in /PONYVILLE/ he is not upper class, a lot of people are ASSUMING this simply by how he looks.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well for me it's more the way it was said. It's not that I'm not reading the posts, it's just that the way he said those things would be perceived as rude to Pyro, so that's how he would react to it.

And of course there's going to be assumptions going on. Most of the characters in the rp have nothing to go off of except for his looks, so they're reacting to what they perceive, which is an upper-class looking pony.

Alright... I need to clarify some things so I'm going through everything..

Okay I'm starting to think about leaving the thread, I don't get what's going on?

Clearly NOBODY is reading anyone's posts, Cashmere has been called rude and snotty, within his HEARING for 1: Asking for his clearly marked seat back, And 2: Not letting someone shake his obviously wrapped and injured hoof.

Nobody seems to listen to Celestia, or read anyone elses posts, and I really don't get why.

This whole thing is based on queues. I gave a queue on where certain guests would be sitting both here and in the RP. That was pretty much ignored when Pyroblaze sat at Celestia's table. I was originally going to have a guard move Pyroblaze, but QL knows that I dislike using NPCs, and offered to take care of it, despite Cash's seat being on the OPPOSITE side of the table (as no one is supposed to sit on the other side which Pyroblaze was sitting. The special guests were intended to be facing outwards at their table (think awards banquet). The head table is one sided so that addresses can be made and seen by all)

...QuickLime, I think you may be taking this all a little too personally. Some of our characters may be a little unruly, and may take false impressions of each other, but that's just being in-character. Cashmere is upper-class, and some ponies may have a slight bias coloring impressions. As for not listening to Celestia, I don't really see that happening too much myself.

Yes, but each of these ponies are speaking ill of Celestia's guest in front of Celestia, in Celestia's castle. This is the equivalent of walking into a friend's house and telling someone they are a jerk for telling you they were supposed to sit somewhere based on where the host assigned them. It is not proper, it is even worse considering that this is a Palace and a banquet organized by the Princess. They are not only being rude to Cashmere but CELESTIA HERSELF as the host and organizer.

Well for me it's more the way it was said. It's not that I'm not reading the posts, it's just that the way he said those things would be perceived as rude to Pyro, so that's how he would react to it.

And of course there's going to be assumptions going on. Most of the characters in the rp have nothing to go off of except for his looks, so they're reacting to what they perceive, which is an upper-class looking pony.

The problem was, honestly, that you didn't bother to read either of the letters explicitly inviting Apple Bloom and Cashmere to sit at HER TABLE at the HEAD OF THE BANQUET HALL.

NOW All that being said, this was supposed to be a fun and lighthearted event. I'd MUCH rather not step in in the RP in character, because that will not likely end well and make it less welcoming than it should be. So I'm going to ask everyone here, very nicely, to PLEASE CHILL OUT!

So... yeah... Please work this out so Celestia or the guards don't have to step in. Thanks :)

PS: All this ill will towards "upper-class" is silly too, considering that Celestia is the only "upper-class" pony there.

Well, I can only speak for myself, but I tend to skim over points of posts explicitly addressed to another character; if the seating arrangement was mentioned in those letters, but not spelled out in the scene description itself, I and a few others may have missed it. (Of course, it may already be there, and I'm just being derpy here :?: )

Nevertheless, I don't mean any ill-will, and neither does Flying Brick; she's not disrespectful, just a little insensitive to social niceties.

Sorry if I caused any trouble.

Well, I can only speak for myself, but I tend to skim over points of posts explicitly addressed to another character; if the seating arrangement was mentioned in those letters, but not spelled out in the scene description itself, I and a few others may have missed it. (Of course, it may already be there, and I'm just being derpy here :?: )

Nevertheless, I don't mean any ill-will, and neither does Flying Brick; she's not disrespectful, just a little insensitive to social niceties.

Sorry if I caused any trouble.

Not really. I would just like the tone of the thread to shift back to it's original intent which I made quite clear. :)

Just to be clear though, I stated the seating arrangements both in the letters in the OP and in this thread when the threads went live.

So that means that the OOC and the letters were both ignored by at least some players.

http://www.canterlot...oc/#entry401202 <-- right there to be exact. I even stated the intent of the thread to be fun and lighthearted.

There is no need for all this drama :)

You know, the really ironic thing is that I brought Prince Freakin' Blueblood into this thread, and he's getting less flak than Cashmere. I must be doing something wrong...

You know, the really ironic thing is that I brought Prince Freakin' Blueblood into this thread, and he's getting less flak than Cashmere. I must be doing something wrong...

he is probably still broken to be a problem..:D

Lemme see..

Shaking your hoof at a Prince: "Dungeon Time!"

Shaking your hoof at a regular, ordinary 'Joe-Pony': Just dirty looks.

Lemme see..

Think really really REALLY hard on why this is a bad mindset o_o;

"Treat Royalty bad= NO SHOULDN'T DO! Have to pay for my jerkness

Treat Normal Pony bad= Sure why not! No consequences for cruelty! :D

:-|

Yeah, I mean really, I don't mind the Prince being used as a kind of butt monkey for jokes at his expense; part of the fun with his character is watching him try to maintain his bearing (and self-image) in the face of humiliation. Granted, he lost horribly on Nightmare Night, and probably won't be too annoying now, but still, give him a poke or two!

Lemme see..

:( So, aren't you gonna banish me? Or throw me in a dungeon? Or banish me then throw me in a dungeon in the place you banish me to?

:Celest: Of course not, my little pony. Where on Earth would you get such an idea?

I am sorry for referencing the comics series. I the future I will consult putting such references in my posts.

But there things that thing bugs me. Since when Swift Squall is the mare?! Not to mention that he neither REA or Desteries (he had Royal Guard training coming from the first, and helps funding the second but that's about it.)

I am sorry for referencing the comics series. I the future I will consult putting such references in my posts.

But there things that thing bugs me. Since when Swift Squall is the mare?! Not to mention that he neither REA or Desteries (he had Royal Guard training coming from the first, and helps funding the second but that's about it.)

No idea why I put mare when I had just put stallion before... And I apparently I misread your app. Apologies. The appropriate edits have been made.

Btw, that OOC was for everyone, not just you. I would have PMed you asking for edits, but I've been so busy lately that I've not had the chance, which is why I went along with it. I didn't want to delay my post any further as it had already been far too long since my last in that RP. Work has gotten busier with the holidays coming up.

• 1 month later...

Welcome back from the holidays everyone. I know everything slowed down but I would like to get the ball rolling on this RP again. Probably MY next post in each will pertain to the actual awards/revealing of the stained glass.

Good to hear that. I would have hated to see this just fade away instead of having a proper finish.

Believe me I want to see this finish, but I'm really waiting on others to post. If that doesn't happen by next week I may just post anyway and continue rocking on

Archived