NMN Awards Banquet OOC

This past Nightmare Night there was a changeling invasion in Ponyville. However many brave ponies fought and helped others! Celestia herself was captured and some heroic ponies helped her and Ponyville.

For this reason Celestia has chosen to honour those whose actions were especially selfless and helpful and to invite some of the participants of NMN to share in a banquet in honour of besting the Changelings once again.

There will be no actual posting order, and only two characters are allowed in the RP (similar to NMN). Think of it as invite +1. So one character of the two will have had to have participated in NMN, the other could have sat NMN out. If you want both to have been in NMN to show up, you can do that too!

Please reply here with the characters you plan to use so that I may keep track. I'm already contacting the users who will be guests of honour. :)

Update: Due to the unforeseen popularity of this I'm going to spit this into two groups. (Day 1 and Day 2 if you will). The importance of either will not supersede the other. And I'll post the list here the guest list for each. Thank you all for your understanding :)

Day 1 - Zecora, Shadowe, Prince Blueblood, Derpy, Lyra, Silverheart, Haywire, Swift Squall, Fire Walker, Dunder

Day 2 - Apple Bloom, Cashmere, Presteza, Pyro, Radiant Steel, Moondancer,Time Spinner, Flying Brick, Cherry, Pigpen, Pocket Change, Rusty Contraption

Bold denotes guest of honour. The OP for both will hopefully be up tonight (Granted they'll almost be identical)

Update 2: Threads are live!

Day 1: http://www.canterlot...-1-opensee-ooc/

Day 2: http://www.canterlot...-2-opensee-ooc/

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greetings again Starswirl. While my characters involved did see their fair share of action... well at least two of them did.

guest 1:My traveling painter was involved in the obstacle course thread and while she was a bit overeager to start fighting she eventually joined up with a group and assisted in freeing Rainbow dash. Her role was basicly to keep a bulk amount of the changeling forces off of them until the other ponies could get her free. Her participation in the thread resulted in a changeling biting her on the leg and multipe bruises and she demands compensation (not really :razz:)!

Guest 2:MY guardstallion silverheart participated in the Invasion thread and while he did not fight in the massive battle he instead elected to go and rescue civilians from the changelings who still remained in ponyyville.

Guest 1: Duskfall (Participant) - Duskfall participated in the obstacle course. During the battle, Duskfall suppressed the changeling leader long enough for Cloudchaser to break free of the mind control spell (with the help of the real Flitter).

I'll bring my two most heroic from the event.

Corporal Radiant Steel - with minimal assistance, she bested several changelings, protected her commanding officer Colonel Pummel and successfully saved two of her comrades who had fallen into changeling hooves.

Lyra Heartstrings - Using some adept timing and a costume made from carpet, she blinded one of the changeling leaders (Fluttershy changeling), then caught said leader in one of the changeling's own cages before helping to free others caught.

Guest 1: Time Spinner, whose logic was strong enough to overcome the tortuous illusions the changelings put him through, and stop feeding them his emotions. He fought bravely against filthy fish, even when he was slapped with the fish.

Guest 2: Gadget, whose strength and determination was strong enough to rescue Rainbow Dash, the element of Loyalty.

Hm, tough for me to pick out just two...

Guest 1: Flying Brick, the Stalliongrad Mare who insisted on going back to rescue Rainbow Dash from the pod, and led the team that did it.

Guest 2: Prince Blueblood, who did absolutely nothing heroic whatsoever.

1: Shadowe participated in the Obstacle Course thread! He did his best to help the others, even sending his seeing-eye dog in to help when he couldn't!

2: Cherry participated in the Ponyville Invasion, though she really couldn't do much more than be a distraction.

Only going to add one character.

Zecora - Organizer against Chrysalis and her army. Able to fight and rhyme at the same time! (See even that rhymes!)

Swift Squall would be attending as well. That said, I would wish for equivalent of this thread in Chronicles but I will adjust to the need of the many.

I'd have made this in chronicles, but I have Celestia for WoE only.

Alright everyone! Threads are live! Lets have fun with this!

Celestia will give a speech at some point. But feel free to recount what happened, talk and generally have a good time. Remember there are food and refreshments, and only the REA and Special guests are specifically at Celestia's table. (Also Blueblood might be there, but Celestia may or may not send him to other tables :shifty:

Ah. Fire Walker gets to sit in the R.E.A tables! Joy! <3

Alright everyone! Threads are live! Lets have fun with this!

Celestia will give a speech at some point. But feel free to recount what happened, talk and generally have a good time. Remember there are food and refreshments, and only the REA and Special guests are specifically at Celestia's table. (Also Blueblood might be there, but Celestia may or may not send him to other tables :shifty:

There's always the kiddy table! ;)

(Gah. Waiting for a few edits on Swift Squall's post before I throw Fire Walker into Day #1)

Okay I'm starting to think about leaving the thread, I don't get what's going on?

Clearly NOBODY is reading anyone's posts, Cashmere has been called rude and snotty, within his HEARING for 1: Asking for his clearly marked seat back, And 2: Not letting someone shake his obviously wrapped and injured hoof.

Nobody seems to listen to Celestia, or read anyone elses posts, and I really don't get why.

...QuickLime, I think you may be taking this all a little too personally. Some of our characters may be a little unruly, and may take false impressions of each other, but that's just being in-character. Cashmere is upper-class, and some ponies may have a slight bias coloring impressions. As for not listening to Celestia, I don't really see that happening too much myself.

Archived