The Fall of Roam - a Multi Thread Changeling RP Plotline OOC

Queen Chrysalis is plotting something. Thwarted by the resilience and resourcefulness of ponykind, the changeling queen and her minions were driven from Ponyville, the hopes placed upon her Nightmare Night invasion dashed to pieces. An able queen does not stay down for long, however. For her pride and for her subjects, Chrysalis is already setting her sights on her next target. Convinced it is the perfect target for her and her minions to overwhelm and feed upon, the devious changeling casts her glance now toward the city of Roam, said to be the pony city of lovers. Nothing shall stop her this time!

I became Chrysalis' player over a month ago (after initially playing her temporarily during the Nightmare Night event), but I haven't yet had much opportunity to play as her until now. Not seeing Chrysalis as the sort to just retreat to lick her wounds for long, it only made sense to me to get things rolling by having the queen set her next scheme into motion and it seemed best to go big with it and plan another invasion. Of course, a queen can't conquer a city on her own. If Chrysalis is going to be victorious (which surely we all want :twisted: ), she's going to need help.

That's where you all come in. I'm looking for changelings. Changelings loyal to Chrysalis and the hive and who wish to take part in this plot. When all is said and done, the plot will encompass multiple threads, some set in the changeling kingdom during the planning phases, some set during the infiltration of the city and maybe at some point we might even bring in some pony OCs for combat threads for control of the city.

If you have a changeling character who might like to participate in this plan, just post in this thread with the name of your changeling and a link to their application. If you don't have a changeling character who might participate, you can always go make one and then post here. :) Either way, I'd like to get a sense of how many changelings the queen can be counted on. The initial planning threads should be coming soon! ;)

Members of the Hive:

Potential Allies:

Arete does not swear loyalty to Chrysalis. However, that does not mean she would be unwilling to divulge intelligence about her intended targets... for a price.

I'm willing to contribute her as a secondary character or someone to fill out lore and technicak backgrounds.

Awesome. List updated to reflect what we have so far.

With Arete, I think that's cool. Actually, if anyone else has characters who they think might ally with the changelings and their ambitions for whatever reason, you can offer those up as well. Maybe just post a little of why they might be onboard as well. :)

Craven - Potential Ally

Should the infiltration erupt into armed conflict, Chrysalis will need additional muscle... the muscle of a ferocious fire-breathing dragon. Craven will relish the opportunity to prove his strength by helping to trash Roam for plunder and hostages. :3

Oooh, dragons would be cool allies to have. Nice!

Still would be happy to have more characters, but to at least get things rolling (and to make good on my cast character posting requirements :P) I've posted the first thread in the plot. You can find it here.

I made an application especially so I could be onboard this!

Of course, I know Khaz hasn't been approved yet, I just wanted to express my interest now. I love intricate, multi-thread sagas, and I'd be glad to stretch my creative muscles by being one of the "bad guys."

• 2 weeks later...

A reminder to keep posting, everyone. It's been a while since it's moved now.

Also, since this first thread is very open by design, it doesn't really call for a strictly observed posting order. Just something to keep in mind; I'd hate to see it stall out when I have lots of plans I'd like to see get set in motion.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, way down the road there will be conflict with opposition (Suntrot, but also any characters who might find them happening to be in Roam once the plan is realized), but not until much later in the plot line.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived