What was your very first OC, or what was the very first incarnation?

Sky

This can be pony or otherwise, up to you guys.

Well, my first ever OC, (Named Pyrobeast. Give me a break, I was eight) involves far, far too much stolen stuff, so let's move right along to pony.

My first pony OC was actually a reference to a short story I once wrote, about Skyrim, in fact. Sky Blue, the main character, was a bandit who was stabbed, and thrown off a waterfall, a reference to something I had done in the game.

Anyway.

I changed her almost entirely, aside from her carefree attitude and name. Her first iteration can be seen in my very first fanfic (Only undeleted on FiMFiction because some people seem to like it, for some reason), as, I'm not even joking, The Seventh Element of Harmony.

As the Element of Knowledge, she was able to use vocal magic, something that I was actually kinda proud of, the element itself, anyway. There was some sort of story there, I remember, about why she was the element. Anyway, she was in a changeling raid on the edge of Equestria, from memory, and only saved herself through vocal magic, something that the changelings found strange, which caused them to take her to Queen Chrysalis. Long story short, Sky was raised and trained by Chrysalis, was the cause of the Parasprites and Hydra, from memory, and so on, thinking Equestrians were the bad guys. Eventually realising the changelings were in fact the bad guys, she ran, wiped her own memory, and so on.

I was really proud of it at the time, and I still am, only because she wasn't an alicorn, wasn't red or black, and wasn't the daughter of Chrysalis, not by blood, anyway. She was technically a bad character, and she's changed immensely since then, but yes, that was the original iteration of Sky Blue.

How about you guys?

Firs OC ever? Well, that depends. I was a fanfic writer for a long time before I ever really RPed. For fanfics, I designed tons of original characters, though mostly in the role of disposable villains and bit parts at first. First OC for RP, well, I can't really recall. I RPed on a few small forums before Canterlot. I designed a few OCs then, but I can't really remember what I designed first.

For ponies, it's easy. First OC was the first pony I submitted to Canterlot, my Radiant Steel. She's mostly unchanged since July 2011. My vision was a tough, aggressive uncompromising guardsmare who's a bit in her own head too much. She's developed through RP since then, but I haven't seen much reason to change or stop using her. Still one of my favorites to write and play as.

But if the point is to share somewhat embarrassing things, my third pony on Canterlot was left as an infant by unloving parents in the Everfree Forest where she was raised by manticores and lived for like ten years. I still use her, Spirit Flame, at times, as I like her design and I think who she is interesting even if how she got there was admittedly kind of silly. Mostly though, she serves as prime evidence for just how much the standards of Canterlot's World of Equestria game have evolved since mid 2011.

Like phil I started out writing fanfics long before I started RPing (both in genneral and in pony) and amusingly enough to this day most of my Fanfics and even a lot of my RPs deal with canon characters with as few OCs as I can use to make the plot progress. My first OC (fanfic wise) was a Wolf mage named Aaron --- though this might not count since actually said mage was an older version of a canon character who accidentally went back in time... discounting him, my first was a duo of a Chameleon named Scott and a Wolf named William (StH universe, Based on SSAM)

My first RP OC ever was a black metamorphic dragon named Geotremmer who usually took the form of a black feline mage called 'Tremmer' (though if he got hurt too bad he'd return to his dragon form) amusingly it quickly grew into a set of triplets who were all dragons-turned-cats (Geotremmer/Tremmer, Terramorphia/Morphia, and Arrisangar/Arris)

If we discount NPCs like shop-keepers, my first pony OC in a fanfic was Dunes (who I have in my RP log here) he Ironically became my second RP OC (and I dont really use OCs a lot in my writing, 99% or more of my stories all revolve around canon characters, though at the time I wrote the story with him in it, there wasn't much of an option for a canon character out west who didnt know Dash (yeah you all knew she'd show up here, didnt you?) this was before aaaaapleoosa was even introduced in the show.)

My first Pony RP OC was Hale (Hay-lee, visual pun on hail) who's in my character log on here... not really changed much with her... honestly, almost none of my RP characters have gone through massive changes (unless you count some of the headcanon I had for canon characters I've RP'd in various places, come of those are barely recognizable as canon today with what we've learned)

My very first Original Character ever went by Michael Kanstle. He was an ODST in the Haloverse, imagined for the use in fanficiton. I though of him when I was in my middle school years. Naturally, he wasn't very worthy of any story worth its salt. Infact, if my memory serves me correctly, I eventually crossed him over with seven universe. Seven. Very Gary Stu, needless to say. Still, he gave me some fond memories during my childhood.

When I started to want to get serious about fanfiction writing, I started to curtail his Gary Stu self.

Enter Duskfall, the AI turned pony. Right around when I got into ponies... well I ended up crossing Michael over with ponies. At that point however, only ponies and Halo were present in Michael. Long story short: still bad.

Enter A Canterlot Wedding. The appearance of the changelings caught me extremely off-guard. However, I still fell in love with the changelings the moment I saw them. They are currently feeding off my love for them. Help. Anyways, around this time, my interest in the Haloverse waned, and inversely, I started getting very interested in Mirror's Edge, and by proxy parkour. The current iteration of Duskfall (and the iteration I use to roleplay), a traitor changeling free runner, is finally a character I feel pleased with. Sometime I like to give him a gun, but meh. Perhaps he still needs work, perhaps not.

The first one I ever put massive thought into was my griffon Razor. Originally I still wasn't fully sure where he was going as a character but now I have a set course and have really come to like him. He is the short statured griffon with a serious need for speed and a slight temper problem. Actually I think I got how he acts when called short from Ed in Fullmetal Alchemist.

The first thing that comes to mind is this old, generic character of mine I invented...I forget exactly, but around when I was 12 I think. He was this sort of human-reptile hybrid, who went through a few phases of resistance to magic (at times it was flat immunity, but at one point it was that he couldn't be targeted, i.e. if you try to hit him with a spell it would misfire and hit the area behind him instead). He had sword and handgun, and was basically just your usual generic, stoic badass.

Over time I realized that he didn't really work as a character though, and having eventually read about Mary Sues and the like my response was basically to make him less likable, both in and out of character. He got increasingly sadistic and sociopathic, turning into a sort of villain.

The weird thing about this one though (aside perhaps from his lack of name, which is actually kinda common for me. I'm bad at naming characters), is that I came up with it before I really got into either writing or roleplaying. I'm not really sure why I came up with this character. I've never really used him anywhere, and this is probably the first time he's gotten out of my head.

First pony characters (well, technically a unicorn, a changeling and a gryphon but I think it counts) were a trio I made for a flash fiction event a little while ago. The prompt was that it had to involve a gryphon acting good or heroic, and my first thought was an adventuring party. I knew what species I wanted to use, then it was just a question of determining how they got together. What I came up with was that Luminous Spark (the unicorn) was a historian with a passion for inventing things, who hired Aerus (the gryphon) and Taalix (the changeling) to assist her in taking a prototype airship on an expedition.

And finally, to cover all my bases, my first roleplaying character was a hobgoblin ninja/cleric for a D&D campaign I joined in my first year in university, a gestalt campaign which I would later realize was a chaotic mess. He didn't have much characterization initially, though at one point he (as well as the rest of the party) got trapped in a tailor-made nightmare, and he went entertainingly insane.

My first ever role playing character was for a Starfox based role play. His name was Kato and he was a Cerenian fox like Krystal was. The story goes that he escaped the planet just as Krystal did before it exploded but his ship was damaged and left adrift as Kato fell unconscious due to his injuries. He was rescued by a passing ship, specifically its AI system where the former owners of the ship were long gone. Kato regained his strength and became a bounty hunter, swearing to protect the new galaxy he was in from evil. Little did he know that he was not the lone survivor from Cerenia as Krystal was not too far away being part of Team Starfox.

(Actually I plan to renew his story in art form.)

I also have my first furry character named Art Vulpine, a cartoon purple fox. The fox has all the abilities one would expect as a cartoon character (pulling items from nowhere, not dying, etc.) but in a strange twist of fate he was pulled into the real world. Now without his powers he must find a way back while adapt to a new world.

(I still use Art as my flagship anthro character)

Now my first pony OC is Sky Flare. Here is his bio. Sky Flare was inspired by stunt performers in movies and daredevils in extreme sports. Although I don't play him as much as I've done in the past, he will always be my first pony that I made for here.

My first pony OCs were actually designed as a trio, around 2011: the first, Crescent Quill, was a strong-willed and goal-oriented pegasus writer/editor who dabbled in alchemy as a hobby and kept getting herself into undue amounts of trouble looking for an idea for her own story. She also frequently exchanged letters with the other two OCs, making them sort of long-distance friends.

The second was Memory Lane, a university student at the School for Gifted Unicorns specializing in memory magic with a habit of taking on far more than he can handle and not taking the resulting failure well. He and Quill had met a couple of times when she visited Canterlot looking for inspiration, and Lane was a bit smitten with her.

The third was a Northern Griffon (an arctic subspecies of griffons I created, something of an expy of a good Tsarist-era Russia and occupying much of the territory that had once been the Crystal Empire as well as a large amount of the Frozen North. They were thrown into some disarray when the Crystal Empire suddenly reappeared), one Anton Greywing: a guard-griffon in the imperial capital of Aethersburg. He was a humble, calm-hearted, but strong griffon curious about the cultures of other nations like Equestria, and had been exchanging letters with Crescent since they were young-nus.

These three were intended to be the main characters of a fanfic I had been working on for some time, but I ended up scrapping the entire project when I lost most of my drive for it after a series of unfortunate events in real life. Thus far, the only one I've used in RPs is Memory Lane (albeit heavily retooled; he originally had an antagonistic bent and was far more possessive of Crescent), though I use Crescent as my ponysona in a lot of places. Anton lended his last name to Elena Greywing, but I don't consider them from the same bloodline.

First RP OC I ever made was Spin Tale for this site, but I've gotten bored of him. He was supposed to be part of an important RP storyline which would have developed his character, but that plan fell through. Personally, he was kinda lame anyway compared to future OCs of mine.

I'm going to stick with pony here, for the sake of time. I have made MANY superheroes in my day and we're just going to skip them. My first OC here, officially part of the pony fandom was this absolute garbled mess that was a self insertion and nothing else. 'Kirby Krackle' was a bad character and I feel bad for making him. One day, I will remake him. Maybe. The first GOOD character I made was Curtain Call, for the Pathfinder campaign in Free-for-All. A not quite reformed level 4 rogue, grumpy and only really adventuring to keep the heat off him. He's going to be a level 6 Rogue/Bard soon, an over the top music meister wishing he had the guts to confess his life's sins to the dear friends who gave him a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

...oh god newbie memories, whyyyyyy. Well, I don't remember much about my very first OC ever, except that I made her for a Pokemon "roleplay" over on the 4Kids forum years ago. If I remember right, she had a Bulbasaur AND a shiny Articuno right off the bat. *shudders at the Sue-ness*

I think I made my first decent OC about eight-ish years ago for a Kingdom Hearts RP, a healer and fire-mage named Fairal. She did undergo a few revisions over the first few years to round her out and take away some Sue-ish beginning traits, but she eventually became one of my regular characters that I've grown to love and sometimes even adapt for certain fantasy MMOs or RPGs. Even if her main plot is currently kind of crawling along through some delay of my own fault, heh. ^^;

As for pony OCs, that'd easily be the one in my avatar, though if we're talking fully-developed, ready for RP, then that'd be my pegasus Nightflight. Aside from one prospective RP plot estimated to kick off around the end of the semester, I haven't actually gotten around to using her a lot yet, so for the most part she's shelved and ready to cover her particular region of Equestria that my other ponies are far less likely to touch upon.

All my OC's before I made a pony one amounted to nothing more than a design, so there's really nothing to say about them. (I've never been much of a writer, but I liked creating character designs, so that's what happened.) As for my first pony, that would be Pyro Blaze. I just started with the idea of fire, and based the design around that element. Everything from his basic appearance to his personality (the start of it at least). And to top it off, I threw in fire magic and tied it to his emotions. Still not sure why I tied it to his emotions, but it makes a certain sense to me for it to be that way.

I've been in a ton of RPGS, from live-action table top games, to RPGs on boards like this and Yahoogroups. I was in a few D&D PBEM games that have lasted years.

My first pony OC was Pocket Change (See avatar). I was originally using him on another RP board, but I jumped ship to Canterlot and I've been here for around two years now. I messed around with the Free-For-All boards for a short bit and dived right into the main boards shortly after. :geek:

My first OC, and one a still use on a Redwall based RP site is Zilaco Wyndshard. I don't want to think too long on this but I believe I created Zil about 15 years ago now. He's a black fox pirate sorta guy at heart.

First pony OC would be Autumn Dawn who I created in early January of this year... I've not been here too long... originally her name was gonna be Fire Fox (hence my name here on the site) but it was pointed out by an app helper that not only her name but also her color scheme were exactly like to mozilla fire fox logo! It was so odd that I did that! Changed her up as best I could and ended up with Autumn Dawn. She's not my favorite to RP with here but I do use her some. :)

My first oc....

Hidden Mask

Hidden Mask was a pony who always kept his face hidden behind a mask (doy) but he had ways to alter his coat, mane and eye color and his bleached white porcelain mask, his cutie mark is a tragedy and comedy mask with question marks around it.

he tends to just stare at ponies that try to inter actwith him. sometime only offering a fairly disturbing laugh.

i have no idea what my true first oc was as i was roleplaying one way or another since i was 3 although i never thought of it as roleplaying at the time

but my first pony oc was on the legends of equestria forums his name was Sour Spark although i owe his creation to a friend of mine who asked for my help for ideas for ocs for a story but when the story became a flop Sparky lived on as my oc pony

Archived