The Watering Hole (Open- Read Rules at Bottom)

SteelEagle

16lh8c4.jpg

Maybe it was because she had a slight lead, or maybe the stallion was trying his very best to more gentle-colty, but somehow Fire Walker managed to cross into the little pub's yard before the Pegasi did. "Don't worry Dunders, I won't get the Cognac, I'll just stick to the cider.", she pushed the door wide enough so they could enter as a pair. "I'm pretty sure I heard something about a apple cider with cinnamon." As they slowly made their way through the little pub, she continued to chat with her friend, "Thanks again for helping me with Pressy. I just pray there's nothing going on with her that would cause her to drink so much, hopefully she was just enjoying all the company here and got into the spirit. Considering they had half of Princess Celestia's champions here. Shame Miss Pie isn't among them, as I wonder how she's handle a few bottles.", the Pegasi mused as she was very sure she saw an familiar pair of griffon feet from underneath one of the tables. Was that Razor? She wisely decided not to check as it was known to many, that it was very unwise to stir a drunken griffon from his or hers rest.

She ponied up to the bar, and once the bartender was free, the R.E.A guard spoke up, "Now I'm pretty sure I heard something about apple cider, hard cider that is.", she realized that in many places simply asking for 'cider' would get her unfiltered, non-alcoholic apple juice, while tacking on 'hard' to her order would get her the real stuff, and there was no place anywhere that made cider as good as Ponyville. "With cinnamon. If so, I'd love a mug, and this fine gentle-colt will be paying.", she gave Dunder a friendly wink and watched with get anticipation as her order was prepared and as it floated over to her. What a perfect pour! It had just the right amount of foam! She wanted to drink it all in one big gulp, but that would not be proper! She would wait for Dunder to get his drink first.

"So Dunder, what will you be having?"

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunder was hot on Fire's tail, eager to catch up and overtake the mare. Either that or he was more concerned with watching Fire's tail during the flight. Either way, he was beaten by the mare and he honestly was fine with it. When they landed, the first thing Fire talked about, of course, was the drinks. Naturally since they were at a pub. "Drink whatever you want. I am probably going to be dragging your wasted flank out of this place anyway." He said as they both trotted through the front doors back into the building.

"It's a shame that the rest of the champions aren't here. Though, it might get too rowdy of a party in here for this environment if all six of them were here with all these other ponies. I also expect that all of the champions could handle plenty to drink. Maybe even more than you." Dunder said and gave a playful push of the wing to Fire. He wouldn't have minded a partying enviornment, but this place was a relaxed setting. He could save the intense partying for Manehattan or Trottingham.

"I am...paying? Hey!" He said, a little surprised but he also chuckled, "I'll pay for the first round. If you pay for the second round. though, you did just call me a fine gentle-colt. I think I have to buy for this round after such a compliment." Dunder said and leaned over to Fire. "And this hot mare is gonna pay for the second round. Also, just get me what she's getting." He didn't know much about drinks and didn't think either were really planning on getting wasted that night.

"I don't want to get too drunk tonight. If we wanted to do that, we'd have to go clubbing in Manehattan. Though the apartments there are expensive, but they do have free chocolates on the pillows." Dunder said to fire, who may or may not have been drooling over her drink too much to hear the stallion. "And we can listen to all that new electronic music with the disc jockeying."

banner_bigmac_zpsc869acb6.png

As drunk as Java was getting, sometimes Macintosh wondered if he had the right idea. He sure did look silly, but I guess as long as he was ok, a little inebriation might do a ruddy stallion some good. And with ruddy, Applejack would be the sister she always is and pick on his hair for this moment. Why? Macintosh always had his mane like this. Of all the times she could have said something about it, she would wait until a public bar situation to bring it up. Sisters. Big Mac sighed and held the hard cider that Java slid his way. It was Big Mac's third round.

But before he took a drink, he could see Martini seemingly interested in who he was. Applejack would be fine to introduce him to her. And although Macintosh knew nothing about her, she seemed like a cute filly who wanted to spark some kind of conversation. And with Applejack wagering that she couldn't get him to talk, he almost figured it would be a good thing to do, just to make Applejack have to pay up her prize she offered for the challenge. Big Mac scooted towards Martini, and just as he began to open his mouth to begin talking to the mare, another stallion walked into the bar. Martini not only brought attention to the new member of the evening, but gave him a gigantic slap across the face, followed by a convincing smooch that completed the illustration of what these two crazy ponies were all about. Once again, a rare attempt at charmer Macintosh bursts into flames before it even has a chance to take off. Big Mac sighed and scooted back towards Java. He clutched his drink and downed it in three seconds. "Eeyup." Java had the right idea.

bigmacicon_zps7f2408f2.png

Java drunkenly watched the big red pony get up and go do his thing. His head now suddenly dipping down onto the counter for a rest, and to stabilize himself so he could watch the progress silently. Secretly, the pony was cheering Big Mac on. With high hopes of one of them getting lucky tonight, it sure seemed that Big Macintosh was going to be that one pony. The event was rather exciting actually. Through the small sectors of time he had seen Big Macintosh during the wrap ups, he’s always been the quiet one, and only prone to a few words. But now! This was his night! His chance!

The event was so spectacular, to the drunken pony that is, that he even began to make some sort of mock up sports commentary in his head for it!

“What a wonderful day for good ole courtship! And it looks like today’s contestant is going to be Big Macintosh. A hulking red stallion with more meat on his bone than a T-bone haystake! And it looks like he is making his first move! Yes indeed! One hard cider down the hatch, and he’s up and ready for action! He slides in to the half way sector of first base. He’s opening his mouth, getting his Mac Daddy on, no frickin pun intended! AND… AND… OH! INTERCEPTED by a long lost pony. What a sad day this is for Mac. Everything was lined up, but luck took it all away from him. This day will go down in history…”

Java had actually frowned when he saw Martini suddenly turn around and kiss another stallion, after a hard hoof slap to the face. Practically no difference from a punch however, given that the hoof doesn’t have anything soft to get struck by.

“Awww….” Java mumbled out in pitty for Big Mac. His small utterance ended in what almost sounded like a short hiss between his teeth. The smaller pony reached out for his cider, and chugged the rest of it down, and droped the glass back on the counter. He had to admit, he felt sorry for the big guy. But then again… he reminded himself of his own accursed luck. Granted there were a few options in mares… he didn’t mind them. But they just weren’t his thing.

“Sorry to see that happen to ya,” Java sighed as the red stallion returned next to him. The coffee colored pony raised up a hoof to motion the bar tender over.

“Six more…” the pony lowered his hoof back down, and looked to Big Mac, who had already swallowed down the rest of his drink. The sort of gesture from any stallion that meant they were just going to drink this night away in hopes of a better morrow.

“Yeeaaah…” He hummed, then slowly and groggily looked back to the bar tender who was fixing the drinks. “Best to make that twelve.”

“Well Big Mac. I’ll tell you two things. There are still other mares in this bar. And your luck is like mine. Jolly rotten.” To that note, the pony pushed over six of the ciders to Mac. And took one for himself. He downed it too, but not as fast. He instead was taking measured sips, when ever his balance stayed long enough. When he went to put the mug down however. He put it down cock-eyed on it's base, and let it flop over onto the side.

"But come now. you-re.... you're a handsome stallion. Y-you got the entire night man. Give it another shot. I am sure every mare and occasional stallion in ponyville want a shot at the big apple. Like.. hey, you got another mare eying you right now," The pony then craned over the bar, and pointed behind it to what he believed was a brown and rugged looking mare. An attractive one at that. One of the few that would actually fit in Java's personal taste.

But the reality past the pony's drunken haze, was that he was actually pointing to a mirror. And the reflection he was pointing to, was actually Java himself.

AppleBanner_zps8c0524a4.png

This little barmare sure had a strong feeling of mental agility compared to Applejack, didn't she? She wouldn't be the first or last to think that Applejack was near the brink of defeat where the mind was concerned. Applejack couldn't blame ponies for doubting her. Even when she was sober she embraced the simple things in life with an undying fanaticism and a dislike of mathematics. Far too many ponies thought that meant she was incapable of more obtuse lines of thought, but they were just as dull as they thought she was. She just didn't want to. She was perfectly intelligent. And this barmare thought a stoic barrier was being broken down when in all reality she was the warmest sort of pony one could ever meet. Just how wrong she was tickled Applejack pink, which was fine as her rosy cheeks let out a loud laugh. Martini was a silly little pony now wasn't she? Applejack wasn't going to correct her too much. Being wrong was fun.

"Heh, usually stoic an' me don't get inta tha same sernternce. If anythin' ponies ask me ta stop with tha talkin' and open...ness. Well, phoeey ta that Ah say. Betta ta be open like a good book than closed like a...closed...book..." Applejack trailed off with a hiccup as she continued to follow Martini's conversation.

Watching her try to win the bet involving Big Mac was a little funny, and watching Big Mac try to prove AJ wrong was a treat in and of itself. Of course the two could never correctly connect on account of them being just so different but it would be a fun conversation. It wouldn't hurt to have her brother be a bit more approachable. He had more options than a fat filly at the fair with a coin-purse worthy of a rich pony. He could probably have a little intimacy with just about every mare in the country if he wanted. Rough, tough, sensitive and strong, mares talked to Applejack about him almost as often as they talked about business. Of course she couldn't help but talk about her real stallionfriend as well. It wasn't often you could claim to love somepony and be so separate, but it counted truthfully here as fully as any other. You couldn't change a pony any more than you could change your passions and even if you could do so, every single pony was a finely lain linen and part of the intricately woven fabric of Equestria. Even if you could, you shouldn't, and Martini was smart to know that.

"Mah brother is a big hit with just about anypony, though with 'is ugly mug Ah don't understand why..." she said limply and with a smile, winking towards her brother good-naturedly as she watched him sidle up close to the mare. Well, if Applejack was going to win the bet she would have to pull Martini back in terms of focus and conversation! Fine strategy indeed.

"And yer right 'bout yer stallionfriend. Best not ta try an' mess with what makes a pony a pony. Passions- that is all. Ah think that anypony who tries ta go on ahead an' change somepony else ain't much in love anyway. Cheers ta-" Applejack went to raise her shot glass as the barmare had her attention stolen, leaving Applejack hanging with shot. After a few seconds of delayed reaction Applejack wheeled around to see the newest developments. What she saw sure as heck did not dissapoint even her wildest of bar-room fantasies.

Of all the times and in all of the bars of Equestria, it had to have been this one on this night. Coincidence was folly, providence the answer as the two star-crossed lovers met snout to snout and hoof to face! She whipped his face so fast that Applejack wa simpressed he didn't spin in place or twirl out of the bar and it was followed up by an equally punishing kiss. Applejack let out a hoot and a holler due to teh sheer hilarity and raised her glass to teh lovers. She'd leave them to whatever drunken shenonigans they wanted to get to until Martini was ready to come back around. Applejack downed her drink as she watched Java call himself a mare through the drunken mishaps of the drunken mind in the drunk drunk drunk gosh she was drunk.

"Hehehe, Java, don't be going an' makin' Big Mac try ta get sweet on ya right naw..."

Griffin bureaucrats? That didn’t sounds like much of an adventure, or much fun, or much of an excuse! “You uhhh.. You..” Why was it so hard to form any words? She wasn’t that inebriated! Just had to concentrate, that’s all! This was important! Martini was supposed to be upset, and with good cause! “You like didn’t write me or let me know you were even alive because of some lame griffin pencil pushers?! Jail, like I could understand, but paperwork??!” The pink unicorn shook her head in disbelief, at that moment she wanted to sock him again, and was openly contemplating it until she thought a little deeper about the situation. These were griffins after all, probably retainers of one of the great clans, and most ponies knew how the elite of griffin society can get when outsiders are snooping around their ancestral lands. “Wait… Uhh, like bureaucrats weren’t just a euphemism for being tossed into a griffin dungeon was it? Was it!?” Her poor, poor Brazil! She could see it now; the famed explorer languishing in some deep dark cell, with the faint hope of freedom and Martini’s love to keep him going! Now here he was being courageous as usual trying to play it off like it was no big deal! Normally Martini would wait for confirmation of her question before assuming her tragic and harrowing romantic fantasy was true or not, let alone concocting such a frivolous story in her mind in the first place, but it was.. a dozen, 15, 14, something like that, shots of hard cider!

Not like those were affecting her! No way!

Martini Paradise wrapped her forehooves around the brown earth stallion and gives him a second passionate kiss, not caring how public her display of affection is in her current state of mind. After several seconds the pink barmare finally relented, having the realization, even in her stupor, that she was likely making too much of a scene and possibly embarrassing Brazil, “heh.. Sorry about that. Oh! Come with me, there’s… There’s like somepony I want you to meet!” The green maned unicorn pulled the earth stallion off his stool and over to where her drinking partner still sat, who was even more whoozy than Martini herself. “This is like uh, Applejack! I think, I think you remember her from that one fair we went to, with the righteous apple bobbling?! Yeah! Anyway, new friend!” She turned and smiled at the orange orchard mare, “This is Brazil Nut! The stallion I told you about! The adventurer and archa… Archa… Archaeologist! Yeah, that’s it; that’s what he is good at.. Well like not the only thing he is good at!” Martini smiled broadly and through a knowing wink Applejack’s way with that last statement, as she stumbled back on her stool.

It took Martini a moment to think why she had returned, oh right, the contest, well that and the bet about Applejack’s brother! “So Brazil… My buddy Applejack and I, like, were having this totally awesome shot contest, whoever can down the most wins! I am like, up by one! You can like, tell me more about your adventures and like be mah eye candies!” Was she slipping into her old, natural Gallopogus Islands accent?!? That either meant she was drunk or really upset, well she was still a little mad at Brazil, so that had to be it, right? The unicorn took another glass and drank it, what was that 15 or 16?

Who cares, up by two!! She smiled broadly with a flushed face, "yer turnnnn Apple...Jack!"

Tex Critter looked upon Fluttershy, and saw he was making the Pegasus mare even MORE nervous. Trying to think of a way to calm her down, the Western styled unicorn stallion's horn began to glow, floating his trusty guitar over to him.

"Gee Miss Fluttershy, powerful surry I'm makin' ya all scared like that. Maybe if'n I sing ya one of mah hit songs, it'll settle yur spirit down a might. Ok guys, ready for mah song?"

As soon as they heard their master's voice, Tex Critter's animal friends lined up beside him, starting to 'hum' in the background as Tex began to sing.

"Oh I can't get a-long little dogie, I can't even git one that's small!

I can't get a-long little dogie, I can't git a dogie at all!.."

As Tex continued his song, the bunnies, birds and one beaver swayed with the music and did their best to 'hum' background for him. As he sung, Tex watched Fluttershy for her reaction, hoping she would be less nervous.

aXf0zmO.png

Fluttershy indeed did relax a bit as she closed her eyes and listened to the music of Tex Critter, this time it wasn't directed at her, making her feel a bit less..on the spot. She listened to him play and noticed how well his animals worked in the background and blended into the music so well, making it sound like one amazing band. As she listened she began to think about Tex more, like how he was just like her in so many ways and how talented he was with his music, she didn't realize it but she had began blushing once more as she thought of this.

She opened her eyes as he sang and smiled, "M..My T..Tex y.your quite t.talented with the guitar, a.and your animal friends he..help the music so mu..much," she said still being her shy self, but becoming a bit more open, "I.I see why y.you travel Eq.equestria and sing to other p.ponies"

As Wandering Star passed the outskirts of Ponyville she noted that she was most of the way home. She would be back in Canterlot with the package she was carrying in three or so hours, earlier if the headwind she was flying into would just die down a little. As it was she was thirsty and feeling a certain biological imperative emanating from her bladder due to the water stop she made a few hours ago. The sight of what looked like a tavern below her was the proverbial icing on the oatcake.

After landing and using the little fillies room Star looked around, guessing the winds were not really to die down and turned to the tavern, feeling a little dry around the muzzle. She was just glad that she was allowed, and indeed given bits by her superiors, to stop in towns en-route for food or drink breaks on long-haul courier flights. After checking that the package was still in her saddlebag, Star pulled the goggles she was wearing down around her neck and checked how many bits she had in a pouch at her throat before stepping into the tavern.

It was pretty much what she expected although she suspected that a couple of the unicorn guardsponies she knew would be interested in the dart board on one wall. She glanced around, looking for anyone she knew since she had been in enough places often enough to frequently run into ponies she had previously met, then trotted to the bar, pushing through the crowd.

She looked along the bar, acutely aware that while she was out of uniform (she had a small Royal Guard emblem in one saddlebag in case she needed to inform somepony that she was on official business) she was still on the job. That ruled out anything alcoholic. That left her with options of getting something to wet her whistle and probably some food to tide her over until she got back to Canterlot and reported to her superiors.

She ran a hoof through her short, spiky mane, trying to avoid it looking too wind-swept from her flight although she guessed it might be a lost cause. After ordering the first of several apple juices and a order of hay fries (pointing out to the barkeep that she needed to be in Canterlot before dawn as her excuse for not drinking something stronger) she sat at the bar and managed to finally relax. If nothing else came of the night, at least she was out of that head-wind.

Truth be told, he was glad that Martini was in such high spirits...and he realises the irony of the statement seeing that her high spirits, at this particular moment in time, was brought on by the presence of spirits - the alcoholic kind that is, and not the bump in the night, going to bother the heck out of you type of spirits that he'd once come across in a certain appleoosan digsite. That wasn't a night he particularly cared for remembering much of, but it had been the one time that he'd found out just how fast a pony could run after not having had a decent meal in a good couple of nights - although the idea of bumping into ghosts of that nature again anytime soon didn't really seem to be worth thinking about.

Anyway, his focus returns to the here and now - Martini had introduced Applejack, whom they had indeed met all but for a few moments at a nightmare night celebration some time ago in charge of an applebobbing stall. He could remember that most fondly, and always kept that in mind as an event that the pair of them shared closely together - he nodded in welcome, before continuing listening to the mare as she discussed her current activity, the Shot contest!

" AH, that sounds particularly fun! " he states with a smile, delivering a light peck on Martini's cheek. " For the moment, I think I'll just have myself a cinnamon whiskey double and let you two mares duke it out with the power of alcohol. Her brother seems a little melancholy, though...is he alright? " he scratches his muzzle and raises an eyebrow as he looks over at the big red stallion currently looking entirely lost in his own thought and creeping drunkenness. " Seems awfully put out! " the explorer pony noted.

Still, it wasn't his business to pry - and, as the previously in-line batpony passed him by to take a seat, Brazil flags down the bartender and places his own order.

For now, he simply relaxes with Martini and stretches a little - intent to enjoy whatever shenanigans lay ahead of them for the rest of the evening!

[Jeepers post incoming]

16lh8c4.jpg

While not terribly keen on her old friend’s current attitude, the red Pegasus decided to keep it to herself for the time being. “Silly Dunders, you do not drink cider to get ‘wasted’ or drunk, you drink it to have a good time and to relax.”, she smiled as the bartender placed a frosty mug of cider near the stallion, just in reach. “If you want to get terribly, terribly blitzed, blootered and bosko absoluto'ed, you got to drink the strong stuff, like your 'Everfree' grain alcohol, your Applejack, the drink, not the pony that is.", she grinned, "And generally certain wines that come in boxes. I generally avoid these, as I also like walking out out of bars via my own legs and as I've gotten older during the years, hangovers just seem to have lost their fun, and I also usually work in the morning."

"I just want to sit here, enjoy the company of one of my bestest and most handsomest friends and be a fly on the wall to some interesting conversations. And don't worry yourself silly over ponies getting rowdy. This is Ponyville. With the exception of an occasional monster invasion, or crazy mages trying to take over the town, it's pretty peaceful here, and from the looks of things, most of the ponies here are friends. Still, if anypony wants to stir up trouble, I'm sure Miss Applejack and that big fellow over there.", she nodded at another apple-marked earth pony, "Will probably more than happy to escort them from the pub."

After stuffed her right hoof into the wooden mug's handle, she raised it up and pointed it towards the stallion's own, "Cheers"

Not soon after Big Mac had finished the drink, Java had pushed six more ciders in his direction, taking one and drinking it. Did this pony ever get enough? He wondered at what point Java would need to visit the washroom for spillage, or if by all accounts unfortunate, he was too drunk to get that far without making a mess. Macintosh wouldn't look forward to that. As Java lamented with him for a short while, he asked him the questions somepony easily asks while inebriated. Java pointed out his shortcomings and how it always happens. "Eeyup." And then he mentioned trying again, pointing out a brown pony who, according to him, looked eligible. When he could see it was just his reflection he responded. "Nope."

With the teasing Applejack gave Big Macintosh during her fun time hoopin' and hollarin', he started to feel a little disgruntled at the environment. If he was honest, he was getting to the point where he would rather just pay his tab and go home. What was the point in attempting to mingle at the bar with ponies, when all of the gals in the establishment were already taken, or his sister. His small frown curled slowly as Applejack laughed over him. Obviously she meant no harm, but Macintosh just wasn't in the mood right now. And as far as him getting frisky over Java? Nope. Just nope.

Java wasn't an unfamiliar stranger to cider. Back in his college days he had became real friendly with it. Often using it as a way to just simply relieve stress, rather than to have a good time. However, he had also been careful with not turning it into a terrible habit. And though he usually kept it to a limit, he showed the true hardiness of the Gear family's blood line! Reguardless of him not even being able to tell what was up or down, he was still able to swallow the rest of the contents before dropping them down onto the counter. Sometimes upside down, where they clattered to the ground and bounced about. Or were cockeyed and flopped to it's side.

"Hehehe, Java, don't be going an' makin' Big Mac try ta get sweet on ya right naw..."

“W-wait what,” The clearly not so sober pony uttered with a stumble on his words. The pony dropped his hoof on the counter and leaned to the side with his head tilting just slightly so he could glance to Apple Jack without suddenly tipping over in his perch at the bar.

“Now I'm not hittin on him. Nope. Not something I do drunk anyways!” And in fact, that's just the way it was. When Java is drinking, he doesn't try to pick up anybody. More so, it lead to plenty of akward moments in the morning when he found himself next to someone who began to hyperventilate or flip his junk all over the place, and go flying out of the window. Since then he had actually just plain out stopped all together.

Though the pony wasn't quite aware that he had been pointing to himself in a mirror. He just assumed that the stallion didn't want to bother with it again. “But eh. You're right. One shot's 'nough. Right?”

• 2 weeks later...

"Every time I drink I get wasted. Why I don't drink often. And usually I don't have many ponies to drink with. And drinking alone seems like one of the saddest thing a pony can do." He said as he wrapped his hoof around the mug and through the loop to hold it. He lifted the mug a little to examine the contents. Fire seemed more than happy to receive the drink, maybe it was better than he expected. "What you talking about? 'Wine that comes in boxes' I've never seen wine that didn't come in a bag or bottle."

He had to suppress a blush, but couldn't suppress a smile, "Okay, fine, you can sit here and I'll try my best to only get a little drunk. If I get too drunk, you could probably use your mare powers to get a stallion to drag me home. Or just leave me asleep in the corner, I'll wake up and sneak out fine." He said and lifted his mug too. "Cheers."

Dunder lifted the mug to his muzzle and began taking gulps. He was two gulps down when the cider began to hit. Dunder felt it in his head, nothing too drastic.

"Speaking of Hangovers. What kind of influence would you be if Wind saw you getting smashed and hungover a bunch. This isn't highschool anyway." He said, taking another large gulp of cider. "You know, this stuff doesn't actually taste that bad."

Tex smiled as he finished his song and turned to Fluttershy.

"Mighty honored ya liked it, Miss Fluttershy," the Western attired unicorn stallion said as he sat down next to her at the table. "I don't often git ta meet fans like you up close like this. May I buy ya a drink?"

As he spoke, several of Tex's animal friends rushed up to him, chittering away as if they were trying to tell him something.

"Oh? Ya think I'm bein' too forceful?" Tex asked them before turning to face Fluttershy again. "Hope I ain't comin' on too strong, Miss Fluttershy, but I don't often git a meet a famous celebrity like you! A true hero of Euqestria!"

All of his animal friends 'face palmed' at their master's words, realizing that all of his bold words could scare the lovely mare off.

Applejack was starting to get concerned about her brother. Mostly, his attitude seemed to have taken a turn...if not for the worse, for the considerably less enthused. On one hoof she couldn't really blame him. She knew this sort of place wasn't his cup of tea when it was busy and it was sure busy, and she also knew that he needed a bit of encouragement to keep up with the rest of them and get a smile on. He was stoic as a statue and sometimes as intriguing as one but once the layered surface fell apart, you could reveal moldable clay. Dig your hooves in on the mushy stuff and you found the softest and kindest sort of material to mold Big Mac into the best possible friend, brother, lover- whatever you wanted. He was simply tht great a pony, but he looked so down. He was sad. His sadness made the somewhat drunk, or maybe very drunk, definitely not too drunk, Applejack sad. She would have to find a two for one solution to his sad state, but what? What could she do? He wasn't in on the teasing about stallions, so that was out. Instead she would find a mare, but whom? Well, she found her target quick enough. She had been helpful all through the evening and kept this place orderly, just as Big mac kept the farm orderly. It was good enough for Applejack. Time to play matchmaker for her brother.

Hey Big Mac...ya think she's a looker?” Applejack nudged her brother, pointing out the red pegasus guardsmare. Fire Walker, was that her name? Applejack wasn't quite sure of how to count to ten at the moment, “Ah think she's really pretty. You two have so much in common...like...yer red...she's red...she talks weird...you listen...weird...” she nudged her brother in an effort to get him up, “come on, go talk to her. Ah think that's just her squaddie. If it isn't an' you get into a scrap, at least Ah'll be here. And it'll be fun. Get up. Go. Go. Go. Get up,” She annoyed her brother until she got her way, the foalhood tactic of hers ingrained as the one successful one she ever had in dealing with him. As much trouble as she had with Apple Bloom as a youngin' she knew Big Mac had just as much with her, which made the tactic all the more effective!

With that problem solved, Applejack heard her name being rang by her super drunk friend Msrtini who by now was halfway down her adventurer's face with loves and kisses and hugs and whatnot. She was so drunk! Even as she went about explaining the contest and introducing her stallionfriend to the proceedings, she started falling back into what Applejack could only guess was her natural accent. What was the saying- you could take the filly out of the farm but not the farm out of the filly? Well, she supposed you could replace farm with anyything, in Martini's case, island. She sounded like a happy little ditz even though she wasn't, which Applejack was really familiar with. A lot of ponies thought she was spome sort of clumsy oafish farm girl without a lick of sense. Well, she was happy to prove them wrong.

Welcome ta tha bar, fella. Too bad yer ''bout ta watch yer fillyfriend here collapse from all that drinking she's been doin'. An' we're at...uhh...seventeen, Ah think....” she took her shot, “eighteen!”

• 2 weeks later...

The oh so totally not inebriated Martini Paradise took a sniff of the cinnamon whiskey double Brazil Nut ordered, “hmm, liiiiike, it seems alright, not the best brand but it should still taste good.” She may not be working but she couldn’t help but judge the quality of the drinks, especially for her stallion. Really she wanted to make something special for him herself, although she was far too inebriated to do so. It seemed even while she was on vacation, and on the customer side of the bar table, she couldn’t help but feel the temptation of making and mixing drinks; it was her destiny and she loved it.

However the pink unicorn mare was there to relax for an evening before spending the week with her daughter, having the handsome Brazil nut surprise her by unexpectedly showing up was a very big bonus, almost as if they were destined as well. Martini felt a little bad though because despite her claims to Applejack otherwise, she knew that her and the orange mare were quite pixilated, which meant she wasn’t even close to her best for Brazil. She leaned on the brown earth stallion for support, sighing, “like uh.. Sorry hon, I’m afraid that by the time we’re finished here, you’re going to have to like, carry me to my bed so I can sleep all of this off. Ahhhhh promise though, tomorrow night, tomorrow night we..we’ll have like, some, er, a lot of intimate fun, I promise, oh how I promise!” Intimate was a nice word in polite company for what she was thinking, carnal was a more accurate one though; she had a lot of pent up emotions and frustrations when it came to Brazil and before this week was out, she was going to make sure to get as much personal time with him as it was possible.

Martini sat up for a second as to put some deep thought into Brazil’s question before leaning back on him again. “Oh Big Mac? He’s uhh, like, just the big strong quiet type.” The huge farmer stallion did look good and if Martini was truly single, and not completely inebriated, she would assure Applejack that her brother would not be lonely for the night. “Uhh, anyway, apple-um, Applejack bet ten bits if anypony could get him to say anything other than like, nope and eeyup”. Well not anypony, just Martini really, but she could use the help as she wasn’t entirely sure she could walk on all fours unaided over to the large red stallion to even talk to him, let alone get him to have a real conversation. Besides it looked as if Applejack had other ideas as she was already working on trying to hook him up with an equally ruddy pegasus mare.

“Don’t like, worry about meee Applejack, I’m like the champ at this and junk! Apples are easy anyway cuz’ they’re sweet, but not too sweet, and uh, stuffs.” What was she saying? Apples? Oh right, drinks! Martini’s magically lifted the shot glass, which was more difficult than she though as it wobbled, and quickly drank the contents down before placing the shot glass upside down with a broad ruddy nosed smile, “ha! Nineteen!! Whoooooo!”

Brazil looked towards Applejack as she made her comment, chuckling slightly at the mares blunt approach. " Wouldn't be the first time I've carried her home... " the adventurer says, glancing the somewhat sloshed Martini who seemed to be losing coherancy and stability with every alcohol point she imbibed.

" When she gets around to her own rounds, 'tini gets pretty frisky with the drink - in all senses of the word, I tells ya! "

Once his own drink was served, he was just about to take a sip when Martini managed to get between his muzzle and the glass, taking a deep inhalation of the scent and giving it the equivalent to a 'could do better' score...which only prompted another small stifled laugh from Brazil as he delivers an affectionate peck to the cheek of Martini and playfully rolls his eyes. " Ever the professional, too - even when we're out somewhere, she has to make sure that she knows the quality of a drink...if it ain't above 'drinkable', somepony in that place is in trouble! " he states, giving a small nudge against Martini's side with a coy smirk. " Like the one mare in manehattan...served you that pretty awful concoction and you just stormed behind the bar and dumped the whole glass over her head - haven't ever been tossed outta a bar so fast, musta been a record! "

When Martini's comment about her current state and made promises for a better time, it took all of Brazils mental will to keep ahold of the glass - the forthright statement about 'intimate fun' had come out of left field as far as being discussed in public was concerned...not that he had an issue with it, not at all. He just hadn't really expected the words to tumble out of the muzzle of the mare...although considering her current state, it really shouldn't have come as a huge surprise or shock. A small flush runs up Brazils cheeks for a moment, and another laugh is given as he leans in and gives Martini a playful nip on the ear. " 'ALL things in due time' as they say, eh? "

He pulls back away quickly and resumes his casual sip on the drink on the bartable...watching for a moment as the atmosphere continues with the jovial discord of drunken pony activity!

16lh8c4.jpg

"See you're doing it all wrong.", the red Pegasus pony shook her head as she watched her old friend gulp down his drink. "Cider is a sociable drink, much like the village where it was produced. You're not supposed to chug it, you're supposed to have a nice little sip, and chat with the ponies you're with, while savoring the sweet and tarty taste.", to illustrate her point, she took a sip from her mug and made a swishing motion with her jaw, "That is some some fine cider, Mister Dunder. Probably should have had a daisy and strawberry salad to go along with this, as when you pair the two, they each compliment each other's flavor."

Fire Walker's ears perked up as she was very sure that somepony had just said her name, but was not sure until she started to look around. It sounded as if it was coming from Lady Applejack herself. Why would one of the great heroines of Equestria mention the name of some lowly R.E.A officer? Maybe she was saying something that sounded similar? Mire Balker? Dire Marker? Still, she was a polite pony, so the red mare flashed a friendly little smile towards the earth ponies before turning her attention back to the brown Pegasi.

"And I rarely get floothered anymore, I've just slowly turned myself into a simple sociable drinker these days. As for Wind.", she took another sip from her mug, "She's not a foal anymore and understands that sometimes adults have a little too much of a good thing and become as..er donkeys for it. You should have seen her a few Nightmare Nights ago when she and her little friends managed to gorge themselves on their candy and all ended up with severe cases of 'achy, break'y tummy ache's'."

"I'm not doing it wrong, It tastes too good for me to just sip it." By this time, Dunder was already most of the way through his mug. And now he was starting to feel the effects of the alcohol even more powerfully. "It's not like the wine where you're supposed to spit it out, so why not just gulp it?" Dunder said and took another large swig from his now almost empty mug. "And I'd actually love a salad right now... Maybe I can go home and make a big salad and then give everyone...the...salad." He scratched his head in thought while Fire perked her ears up and scanned the room for the one who said her name while Dunder slammed down the rest of his drink.

"Why not get feathered? I mean, we hardly do anything together anymore, might as well enjoy some alchethononol in our bodies. Just drink like there's noooo...yesterday." The pegasus tried to get another gulp, but only a few drops could be summoned from the mug. Instead he laid the mug back on the bar counter as he listened to Fire Walker talk about wind. "Awww man, poor Wind. How badly did her stomach break?" Dunder asked, expressing legitimate concern.

Macinosh didn't respond to Javasun this time. He wasn't upset, he just didn't feel like talking. And this notion was all too unfortunate as Applejack decided to gear him up for some unannounced social pressure. Macintosh sat heavily on his stool, Applejack beginning to nudge him off of it. Resistant to do anything, Big Mac gave a grumble of displeasure. He was willing to cut his losses for the night, but Applejack seemed to want him to try again with a red mare on the other side of the bar. A few relentless shoves later, and Applejack would successfully push her brother off the stool, he able to catch himself standing as he was pushed off. It was a good thing he wasn't drunk yet.

He slowly walked over to the red mare. And he had to admit, she was fairly charming, except her build was a bit bolder than what Macintosh was normally looking for. He immediately thought it strange that he would converse with a mare who could probably take him in a fight. The non-violent type, Macintosh was still thrown off his assumptions when meeting a mare that had some muscle tone of her own. Macintosh could usually rely on his build to carry him through the social awkwardnesses of the day. But here? he had no advantage.

He stood next to where Dunder and Fire Walker were sitting, not bothering to join the conversation. Instead he just casually looked around, his eyes bouncing everywhere that wasn't straight ahead. He didn't know what to say. What could he say that has any context to what they were talking about? They were talking about wine? What did he know about wine? There was that one apple wine vintage they sold off the farm a couple season ago, but he never tried it himself. To taste it would cut into the farm's profit's after all. He was just a plain cider stallion. "Eeyup." He said in no particular direction.

Java slouched against the counter as the world just seemed to... dull out. Oh how much had he drank? The pony slowly with drew a shaky hoof into his vestment's pocket and pulled out a match. He broke one from the bushel, and struck it against the side. It took a few more strokes before the match finally became alive with a roaring...well small fire.

The stallion stared at it for a moment, and exhaled, watching with wide eyes as the flames just seemed to almost explode for a little bit before settling back down in a cartoonist fashion. The stallion slowly looked away for a bit, and gave his hoof a shake to put the match out.

“Well Mac,” The pony began, trying to give his new found friend a goodbye. The match test easily prooving that he should probably stop before things reach a fatal point. But the pony stopped when he noticed the massive stallion wasn't near him anymore. The disappointed looking scientist quickly glanced around. His head still spinning, and caused him to fall off of his stool face first to the ground.

While on the ground, the stallion released a pittiful groan, as he slowly slid his face along the hardwood floor to look up to see Mac... trying to get his Mac Daddy on with a hot little mare next to a long time friend of his. Poor shy little guy. All he'd have to do is say something. He's sure her friend wouldn't mind having some fun with a stallion.

But even so... some things just need a slight push. His head hurting, but thoughts still... somewhat rational. The pony stumbled across the room. Easily passing The stallion up to join up with Dunder. And by join up, it was more so throwing himself onto the stallion's back and giving him a big friendly hug. Perhaps Java actually was a little more than tipsy? This wouldn't usually be something he'd do in public or private on his own.

“Hey buddy,” Java chimed. His speech wasn't slurred, but the dipping of his head easily gave way of his condition. That, or the fact that his ears didn't seem to know which way was up. So one was playing the role of reminding everyone where gravity was pulling. And the other just seemed to do it's own thing by pointing off at a nighty degree angle. Perhaps Java was just being friendly? Or maybe he's using his current state as an advantage to give ole mac some privacy with the red mare? Got to pay some respect to his friend for the drinks some way. Or... well, technically Mac didn't owe him. He payed for the drinks.

“Long time no see Dundy! Fancy meeting you here...there...here? Yes, here,” The pony's weight then began to stumble off to the side to pull his friend out of the seat. “Come on Crocodile Dundy, let's go get some burritos...and tacos... and some chips and catch up. Hadn't had a bite to eat all day.”

16lh8c4.jpg

"Very well.", the mare pretended to act a little annoyed, but she was unable to hide the goofy grin on her face, "I just hope there will be somepony around to help me carry you over to the house once you've had enough. And you're only supposed to spit out wine during a proper multi-wine tasting...thing.", she took a slightly longer sip from her mug, "And I would never spit out wine, with the exception of the time Punk tried making his own Sangria...Nasty..Nasty..", she watched the stallion as he finished his mug, and quickly finished off the rest of hers when she was sure he wasn't looking,"I'm not going to get tashered, because there is actually a tomorrow, and I'm gonna have to work that day. Thankfully, not in the morning, but I still need to be up in the morning..Fresh faced and all.", she glanced over at the bartender who was still in the process of serving drinks.

"And speaking of fresh faced...Now it's your turn to order, and for me to pay. Don't go crazy. Remember, I'm living on an officer's salary, not a princess....princessses..", she 'corrected' herself, "And remember, we're walking up a ladder. You don't go from cider to something crazy like Mad-Diamond-Dog. As for Windy, she just suffered a major case of the major aches.She was fine the next day, and she learned that candy is fun, but only in moderation.", as she waited for her favorite brown Pegasi to come up with something, Fire Walker started to feel as if she was being watched.

"Oh, hello there.", she caught sight of the very impressive looking stallion who wore a be-freckled-baby-face that was hard not to like, "I believe I've seen you before.", she clicked her two front hooves together as she pondered. He obviously had something to do with Lady Applejack. Was she a friend? It took another second for her to catch a few of the similarities he shared with famous mare. He was her brother! He was the stallion her griffon friend had been babbling about after her last stay here in Ponyville. But what was his name? It was something 'Big'. Big Boy? Big Apple? Big Jack? Oooh! A small light bulb appeared over her head as she remember, "You're Big McIntosh.", she felt rather foalish as she realized he probably knew who he was, "I'm Fire Walker, and there here is my friend...Crocodile Dundy?", she overheard Java as he was apparently the next pony she and Dunder would be dragging home next.

"Is this your pub, Mister McIntosh?"

Applejack was thinking to herself that this night was a night near and dear to her now, good friends and drink flowing together seamlessly as the world swirled like an expensive drink. She normally didn't have those swirly expensive drinks anyway. Every single time she did they either burned her mouth or her bit purse, commonly both, and left her a mite staggered. Tonight it was a staggered realization that friends were around and she was being a bit obnoxious and that was okay, because the best type of friend was a friend you could be a little obnoxious with, be your worst with, and whatever other justification she was using to get more into her system. But at the very least she wasn't alone in poor decision making this night. In fact she had a great deal of fellow poor decision makers. Fluttershy, Rarity, Trixie, Java as he drunkenly slobbed about, and finally her new-found good friend Martini!

Martini was so drunk she sounded like a valley girl getting ready to go to the mall. Was that her real accent? It was cute in this silly, nearly blindsiding way. The same way that getting your tail played with by your puppy was sorta cute and fun, but grating at the same time. Not because of the accent, but because she just wouldn't give in. Throw in the towel little missy. Some fights you win, some fights you lose, and she was made to lose this fight this time against Applejack. Not that Applejack was in great shakes herself. She was being hit by the waves of worry telling her to stop but her stubborn attitude broke the waves like a rockface. Nineteen it was and she would make sure it went twenty and beyond, migraines the next day not a concern. If everything went south on her she could always sleep in and let Apple Bloom earn that new toy she was wanting. The best thing about little sisters was that they provided cheap and endless labor in the form of chores! Huzzah for Apple Bloom!

“If yer tha champ *hiccup* then Ah'm tha livin' legend,” Applejack replied quickly and with a bit of friendly snark before lifting her glass...and putting it down. “Hmm, Ah might have a better idea...” she whispered, her breath heavy and toxic as she waved at the bartender, “hey! Give us...eight...double spice!” she rolled the words out hot and with expectation, eyes quickly refocusing back on Martini, “an' make sure its double spiced. Hehehe, spiced...spiced rum cider...*hiccup* Ah'm sure y'all will love it!” Applejack finished as she hiccuped once more, little pockets of alcohol escaping her as she took another shot and downed it, “twenty-two! Hahaha, now ain't this tha...!” Applejack said, never finishing it as she just stared at Martini. And then she stared at Big Mac and Fire...Walker, right? They'd have cute foals together or something. Back on Martini. Drinkey drink drink.

Martini Paradise watched with a mix of concern and bemusement as the dark brown stallion fell flat on his face, both metaphorically and literally. She wasn’t sure anymore who he was trying to get closer with - the quiet behemoth of a stallion, or that athletic pegasus mare? It was getting hard to remember very much, but hey, she was still standing! Well, sitting, but still conscious! “Like, hey there brown dude, don’t let, like, the fact you are a lightweight with the drink … uhh ... Slow you down with talking to that mare, or uh, stallion, you want to get to know better; you get right back up and into the game, like, don’t stop trying!!” Surely that was well thought out advice, right? Pfffft, of course it was!!

One thing the pink unicorn was sure of was that she was going to win her contest! Did that orange orchard pony think she was up against some inexperienced newbie?! Ha! This was Martini’s world! She didn’t just make delicious concoctions for others, she drank them, too! She’d been in more than a fair share of shot contests in her life! Plus, she had moral support. Handsome moral support. In the form of Brazil Nut, who doubled as a cute pillow to place her head. “Don’t worry hon, like, I’m sure I have the lead cuz’ it’s uhh.. Umm, I think twenty three to twenty two, mah favor!” She magically lifted another shot to her mouth and swallowed the smooth cider drink, shaking her head afterwards as her magic wobbled the glass back to the table upside down. It was taking all her concentration to control the glass, well most of her concentration as her right forehoof slide down Brazil’s back, past his tail and gave nice slow pat to go with her wicked smile.

Applejack though decided to up the ante when she ordered eight double spices! Ha! That’ll be the orange mare’s undoing! Small shots of hard apple cider were one thing, but this, this was the big leagues! Applejack should have stuck wither Junior Hoofball level drinks! Sure, the earth pony mare was heavier, stronger, and larger than a unicorn like Martini, but the islander had the advantage of experience! These drinks were made of various tropical spices that were native to her homeland in the Gallopocus Islands. She’d need Brazil to carry her inebriated body back to her room by the time this was done, but it would be worth it to keep her crown … thingie! Wait, did she have one of those? Well she should! “Well … like, if you are, like, ‘Ah Livin’ Legend’ then I’m uhh.. Am the Grand Awesome Gnarly Princess of Drink! HA!” Martini jabbed Brazil playfully and smiled, wiggling her eyebrows, “not bad, eh? Eh?”

She quickly turned back to the orange mare, Martini was competitive, but she was also sporting, “you first Applejaaaack!”

Archived