Post the WORST movies in HISTORY

Post the worst movies you have ever seen in history, and please provide an explanation or review to explain this! And hopefully... no one else will ever waste time on that movie... EVER.

Rule 1: Do not talk about movies you have not watched however.

Birdemic: When I heard of the movie, I thought it was a sequel to birds. Which I did like. Turns out I was dead wrong when I learned that it was a sci-fi red scare over Global Warming. WITH the worlds most INCORRECT facts. There is a Scientist that pulled a he said she said fallacy by saying... and keep in mind he's a scientist, "These birds? No they are dead from the bird flu. You see scientist say that Global warming (something about greenhouse gasses) causes viruses like the bird flu, the West Nile Virus, and Sars." [sic.]. Don't forget the CGI. They couldn't afford a green screen, nor five minutes of time to do some decent CGI. How bad is it? Almost every single youtuber did much better. Even the ones who just use words. The birds look like cardboard cut outs. Then you got the actors... and story writing. Just some random guys reading from cue cars, and swinging at birds with wire coat hangers. YES, they use wire coat hangers to fend off birds that were just hovering.

Hobo With a Shotgun: That is the name of the actual movie. It wasn't that bad, really. But it WAS intended to be a serious movie, and therefore squeezed it's way onto my list. If you look at it like an actual serious movie. Then all you are getting is a Macintosh kick to the teeth. The title tells you the story already. It's about a hobo with a shotgun... and people using lawn mowers as shields. Now... if you look at it as a not so serious movie. You get a more bizarre version of Red that must have been made in japan.

Occulus: Had potential. Had a really interesting idea! But it went down the gutter. The story is utterly stupid.

Basically, a family has this house. Inside the house is an evil mirror with a demon or something in it. The mirror kills the parents, and their kids are taken away. The Kids vowed to return to "kill" the mirror which is now forever out of their hair. Well... they followed through after having kids of their own. They got the same mirror, brought it back to the same house. Set cameras around it and never bothered to try and SMASH the stupid thing. So... the mirror kills them. And their kids... do the same thing the other two did. Wow! The mirror is on a killing spree!

Dragon Ball: They made a movie of it with real actors. I was SOOOO excited about it on the day of release. I went to the midnight show for it and I was sorely disappointed. Nothing made since in this movie. The beautiful effects you see in the show were not in the movie. The Dragon Wave goku uses is just a puff of air. Evil King Piccolo looks scrawny. The actor for Goku was american, and everyone else was pretty much the wrong race for their characters. Annnnd... as far as CGI goes... Youtube have done a better job. Heck... indie movies did better in story writing.

Ronin Samurai: It was a beautiful play. But when Hollywood touched it... it went sour. Once again... in a world populated by another ethnicity, they use an american to play as the main hero. Who he's supposed to be related to this family of samurai. The most interesting part? When he uses a katana to cut fire in half. Other then that... Generic action movie.

Non-Stop: The only thing new in this movie is the unconventional physics they use for on plane "combat". It's just a murder mystery on a plane. I am surprised that no one had guessed right on who it was. Maybe because few seconds of screen time generally means that someone is not important?

Dragonball - thought it would be a retelling of the series in live action but failed miserably.

Battlefield Earth - Really bad science fiction movie.

Twilight - Need I say more? I went to this one thinking it would be like the Blade trilogy, Underworld or Interview with the Vampire (not reading the book didn't help either. I was very wrong.

Dragonball - thought it would be a retelling of the series in live action but failed miserably.

Battlefield Earth - Really bad science fiction movie.

Twilight - Need I say more? I went to this one thinking it would be like the Blade trilogy, Underworld or Interview with the Vampire (not reading the book didn't help either. I was very wrong.

I'm with you on Dragonball, when the reviews said "The fans are correct." , they're never wrong and movie producers only made it for the money all went wrong. Same case The Last Airbender from M. Night Shyamalan, right?

For me, Hunger Games.

It wouldn't be so bad if the movie didn't trick me into seeing it.

It advertised itself as an anti-government action-packed satire, to be regarded up there with They Live and V for Vendetta.

It somehow even managed to get better ratings than those 2

Instead, I payed double digits, popcorn and all, to see a Twilight-esque B-romance movie

Also, X-men origins: Wolverine, you let me down, Ryan, you let me down

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen the Dragonball live action movie. Absolutely disgusting cash-and-grab trying to exploit fans of the anime/manga and also tried to lure mainstream audiences in as well.

However, the worst movie of all time must be The Amazing Bulk. Never heard of it? It makes Birdemic look like an artistic masterpiece in comparison.

Robbikku Pegasus, LITERALLY the worst thing ever

While true, I don't think there's a movie about Robi. Who'd make a movie about a guy that gets drowned over and over?

Titanic?

I laughed much harder than I had any right to at this.

I've been fortunate enough to not know many bad movies from personal experience; most of my knowledge comes from Nostalgia Critic reviews. That being said, I had the displeasure of sitting through Sharkboy and Lavagirl; terrible visuals, even worse story, and such painfully bad 3D effects that I walked out of the theater with a four-alarm migraine.

I don't know which Titanic you're referring to as I only remember James Cameron version during the presentation on its 100th anniversary after the sinking. But I remember it created lots of controversy ever since the internet was matured, hence the ending shows a big cupboard door that can fit for 1 person but it can fit actually 2, but the physics don't allow 2 person and you get the picture, until the Mythbusters came in to double check. I can't say it's crappy or not since I don't watch the movie, but I did watch that scene during the Mythbusters experiment itself.

The Cat in the Hat (2003). After careful evaluation, I deem it the most cynical cash-in ever. Trying to stretch out the story with pointless guff and MAD Magazine-level toilet humour... please tell me some reputable source has called it the worst thing ever so I can get it onto Wikipedia's "Worst movies ever made" list!

Caligula (1979). Should have been a classic - but instead, it's an insult - just because the presenter was a pervert!

Titanic?

That got me laughing hard after reading that.

Adding onto the list. Sharktopus. It's a sci-fi movie about a creature that's half shark... half octopus. Where is Man Bear Pig when you need him? Only he can save america by fighting this monstrosity to the death.

Big Fish. It's supposed to be taken seriously? It's supposed to be a bedtime story for kids made movie? The second more likely. because kiddies would be beddy bye bye on 10 seconds... Exactly. Back when home's main TV was spewing that snorefest and I was found checking my watch for nth time in under 5 minutes, I just opted to grab a book (about robotics before 20th century)

...I'm sorry to say I've even seen a review of it, but unfortunately, I have. Thus is my ethic obligation to warn people against the dangers of Food Fight!, the one movie to freak me out more than Black Swan or any of the internet's disturbing Shrek memes ever could.

With a budget of at LEAST forty-five million, you'd think it'd be something spectacular, but no--not only does the grotesque, chunky, anatomy- and physics-defying animation look like it was thrown together by a middle-schooler just starting to learn animation basics (actually, I think I should apologize to any middle-schoolers on this site for that statement, because something tells me even you guys could do better than what's seen in that movie :blush: ), but the visual designs are downright grotesque--I swear that watching those characters will cause them to fester in your soul and give you nightmares. And my god, the freaking HOLES in the story! For a better idea of the job they do explaining things, allow me to just say that they outright called a very obvious rat a "cat".

Oh, and don't even get me started on all the freakin' CRUDE AS ALL GETOUT implications and references. :roll: It doesn't even manage to come off as funny or mildly amusing, just...ugh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Baby Geniuses and Baby Geniuses 2 - These two movies should not have been made in the first place, you know you are a desperate director when you have babies that can't act at all. Both movies put you to sleep in mere seconds because the plot is so boring.

Jurassic Park III and Jurassic Park: The Lost World - Two followup movies to one of the greatest movies of all time, instead we take a backseat from the dinosaurs to watch idiotic characters, annoying protagonists, and taking what made Jurassic Park a good movie in the first place to take a complete 180.

• 1 month later...

• Dragonball: The truly bizarre thing is that it's been reported that it might have been even worse if James Marsters hadn't insisted on them keeping more of the stuff from the cartoon (I couldn't comment, I've never seen the cartoon, the live action was bad enough).
  • Hulk: Uuugh, just uugh. Ang Le gives us a movie about a man's struggle between his id and his super-ego. Unfortunately what I wanted to see was two hours of a big green guy beating the holy heck out of the army.
  • Sharknado: I got about 15 minutes into this and gave up
  • The Hobbit (both parts): What a pile of monkey excrement.
  • The Lone Ranger (the Johnny Depp one): Makes Dragonball look good.
  • MLP: Equestria Girls: There's two hours I won't get back. I'll tell you how much I liked it, after watching it I didn't even realise that Rainbow Dash wasn't a dude, despite the whole wearing dresses thing (I should explain that, for some reason it took me two weeks from starting watching the show to realise that RD wasn't the token dude on the team. Of course I should have realized that the token dude is Rarity)..
  • From Up On Poppy Hill: That rare thing, a bad Studio Ghibli movie.
  • Millennium Actress: What in tarnation was that **** about.
  • Godzilla, the god-awful Matthew Broderick version.
  • The Fantastic Four Reboot: I know they haven't even started filming it yet but it's already on the list.

Those are the films I could think of at about five minutes notice.

• 5 months later...

The Last Airbender: the series was so good so I was really excited about the movie. When I watched it, I was really disappointed with the CG done on the bending. The bending was really slow and not as exciting as the series. The air bending and the water bending was acceptable, but once it got to the fire and earth bending, it just make me disappointed. I wonder how they are going to kill Toph's earth bending scene if they ever make the second movie. The way they pronounced the names for most of the characters made me even more confused. Appa was about the only thing that got me excited. Also, WHERE WAS SUKI?!

The Last Airbender: the series was so good so I was really excited about the movie. When I watched it, I was really disappointed with the CG done on the bending. The bending was really slow and not as exciting as the series. The air bending and the water bending was acceptable, but once it got to the fire and earth bending, it just make me disappointed. I wonder how they are going to kill Toph's earth bending scene if they ever make the second movie. The way they pronounced the names for most of the characters made me even more confused. Appa was about the only thing that got me excited. Also, WHERE WAS SUKI?!

There is no movie in Ba Sing Se. :mad:

My vote's for Pocket Ninjas. I've watched it twice. The second time I was wired on caffeine but I still passed out. I think my body rejected it. It rejected the movie. It was so bad. And I like bad movies. I could even get joy out of laughing at Birdemic. Pocket Ninjas is the literal worst.

Archived