Official Discussion Thread - S04E25&6 Twilight's Kingdom

That was amazing :D

I'm still floored that we actually got to see a knock-down, drag-out magic fight of such epic scale (take THAT, girl-show-stereotypes! Again!) We've seen Twilight angry before, but this was off the charts. Of course, I suppose that's the logical outcome when you've demolished her library...

It was also really neat to see all the princesses singing together ^_^ They all have such beautiful voices. I also like how Twilight had a bit of trouble handling all that raw magic at first (the lightning sparks were a great touch).

Tirek was a great villain here. His reasoning behind giving Discord his brother's medallion was just so devious! He was definitely a clear threat and his role was well done.

Speaking of villains, Discord was in top form this time around. I think this is the first time I've actually seen him genuinely heartbroken (and how dare he break poor Fluttershy's heart like that!). Maintaining that same friendship thread from Keep Calm and Flutter On, I liked the line at the end when Fluttershy reminded him, "I don't think you're quite there yet..." She really has learned from the Breezies episode :P

And now Twilight's got a new purpose, a new castle, and her own court! I can't wait to see how they build on this in Season Five!

An amazing way to end the season with a bang. :) Hopefully Season 5 starts with a bang too.

As I felt that Scorpan is Tirek's brother, it's just not right when I remember G1 is a lot different. But still, it was fine.

As we know the episode description did said something that Twilight will become a Mary Sue again due to the Princesses giving her their powers, but gladly the crew managed to avoid that, same case for the Rainbow power only last till Tirek's banished to Tartarus again, well, courtesy to Cerberus is not what I have in mind, but Hades instead.

The battle wise, some say Dragon Ball but to me I say it's Avatar the Last Airbender Season 3 finale which Aang fight against Ozai when Aang is in his Avatar State, now that's a good fight I remember. Oh yeah, same goes for Korra VS Unalaq after been fused with Vaatu and the epic battle ensues.

Ooo, I know it's quite traumatizing when Twilight lost her home, despite she's not planning to move, but it seems her new castle is the only best bet, part castle part library.

Anyway, like I did say of ending it with a bang, now we can enjoy some fictions with Tirek being featured. :) Have a good long wait for Season 5, everyone.

Wow... just wow

I'm not even sure what to say that hasn't already been said here. Amazing overall episode. Great story-line. Excellent villain who for a change actually felt EVIL and not just misunderstood or morally askew. Notes of things I enjoyed.

• The Rainbow Power - The designs were a bit in your face and quite obviously marketing tools but I still liked at least half of them. Pinkie & Applejack felt a bit forced.
  • Discords Allegiance Change - The fact that Discord changed sides should not be all that surprising and in my opinion the Fact that Discord trusted the evil guy just shows how much the Friendship has effected him. Old Discord would know better but now that he has experienced Friendship he has learned to trust.
  • Twilight Alicorn Power Overload - These moments were just funny! I loved watching Twilight struggle with the awesome amount of power she had been given. Also that Rainbow Dash-esque flight trail was awesome looking on Twilight. I'd like to see that happen more often as Twilight grows into her princessly power.
  • Villainest Villain ever! - I mean this guy was evil. For reals. First thing he does is suck the power right out of a guy while looking all mysterious and creepy. Then he continues to just get bigger and uglier. Until finally he's basically a demon centaur on steroids with a god complex and bad hair. He is everything they tried to make Sombra. He also implicated a threat to kill the other Mane5 if Twi didn't give up.

Random thoughts in a random order...

Finally got to watch the season finale, and I have to say, i'm impressed (though I have to admit they were rather heavy-handed with the "This is going to get you your key" bits... really should have had more lead up...

Otherwise... wow... just... wow...

However they did touch on something interesting... They don't need the EoH anymore... the chest wasn't a 'power up' perse, it didn't unlock new magic, it unlocked their OWN magic. Twilight even says as much "We have this power inside us every day" though I would have preferred a more obvious 'magic feather' plot if they were going that rout.

LOVED the songs, Luna singing! Also the cameos of practically EVERYONE in the series universe (including an implied strybook-cameo for Starswirl (note the robe and hat's design)) heck even the Breezies got a cameo!

Also, much to my twisted joy Dis-lestia is now vaguely implied (again) to be canon! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Will be interesting to see how they use that 'throne room' with the seven thrones in it... Sadly I'm having flashbacks to the 80s... but hopefully they'll do better (they've certainly found ways to use everything else) Of course it would have been more interesting imo to give her friends more of a title that "the princess's friends" at least call them advisors or something...

Also a little disappointed at how the princesses just walked out of tartarus, would have made a nice S5 intro to have Twiley and go have to mount a rescue mission, perhaps see some former villains (or rather, I guess 'historic villains' since all villains to date have been... destroyed... in one way or another except Discord, who oddly enough seems to have _finally_ learned his lesson on friendship.)

EDIT:

oh yeah and 'rainbow power' M6 look extremely gaudy... even AJ and Dash who are the most plain of the group are way over the top...

Also, much to my twisted joy Dis-lestia is now vaguely implied (again) to be canon! Mwahahahaha!!!!

I loved that short moment so much!

0aj5eZ5.jpg

Bees? Bees?! BEEEES!

vader.jpg

My only complain about this episode is it feels so.....final. I mean I don't want to sound like a grumbler but it was literally too good. It felt like I was watching the finale of the G4. Also I have no clue how they can top that - and if they will...well I would probably walk on walls from happiness.

Also listen to Taco and read comics now!

My only complain about this episode is it feels so.....final. I mean I don't want to sound like a grumbler but it was literally too good. It felt like I was watching the finale of the G4. Also I have no clue how they can top that - and if they will...well I would probably walk on walls from happiness.

I know the feeling, that's how I felt with ACW, to me it felt like the best of the best and it was the series finale. It's still one of my top episodes.

Magical Mystery Cure felt more like an 'ending' to me, while Twilight's Kingdom felt like it was the end of the current storyline and the start of something new...Like maybe the next season will have them traveling through Equestria and beyond.. :20:

Magical Mystery Cure felt more like an 'ending' to me, while Twilight's Kingdom felt like it was the end of the current storyline and the start of something new...Like maybe the next season will have them traveling through Equestria and beyond.. :20:

Second five can focus on the CMC as they grow up!

I personally thought it was a great episode I'm definitely looking forward to next season.

10/10 Currently my favorite episode it definitely strayed away from repetitiveness of the other finales and way better villain choice. I was very pleased with this episode.

Loved it, glad I stayed for it, many bits and pieces that will make the entire thing crumble if I stare at it too long.

What I wanna SEE though. Is new mane characters next season. The story of Twilight Sparkle has concluded in a satisfying way. Lets start next season right, and not lie to the audience about the number of mane characters in the show. Either that or a timeskip.

Loved it, glad I stayed for it, many bits and pieces that will make the entire thing crumble if I stare at it too long.

What I wanna SEE though. Is new mane characters next season. The story of Twilight Sparkle has concluded in a satisfying way. Lets start next season right, and not lie to the audience about the number of mane characters in the show. Either that or a timeskip.

Personally I think we'll have at least 1 more season of the Mane 6. Though now it will probably be going around Equestria.

The Equestria Daily poll didn't mention about what Season 5 would look like, I voted for seeing the Seaponies. Some people even voted for the Mane 6 meeting Scorpan, although I'm doubt that he's alive after for 1000 years when Celestia & Luna were around that time.

Are you kidding? the M6 just got a new powerup they have to defeat at LEAST 1 more baddy with it before they can move on :P

Seriously, though, the M6 have been a goldmine for hasbro, the only way I see them taking a backseat is if the CMC get developed more, and I doubt that will happen since it would basically require giving up on the whole 'looking for their cutiemarks' shtick. (and ultimately the group dissolving when they find them - sadly I doubt the CMC will EVER get their marks, at least not until the G4 final season when hopefully EVERYTHING gets wrapped up nicely)

The Equestria Daily poll didn't mention about what Season 5 would look like, I voted for seeing the Seaponies. Some people even voted for the Mane 6 meeting Scorpan, although I'm doubt that he's alive after for 1000 years when Celestia & Luna were around that time.

His brother was, why wouldn't he be?

His brother was, why wouldn't he be?

That is my opinion as according to Davidson's timeline. Scorpan originally has no power as seen in the G1 movie, so I'm pretty sure he still has to die rather than being immortal. Those with dark magic can survive and be immortal, Tirek did once when he's banished to Tartarus and then escaped. I'm sure Grogar would to after being banished once, then came back and later banished again by Megan by ringing the big bell.

• 2 months later...

I honestly adored Twilight's Kingdom. It now stands as my favorite episode! I can't get over how awesome that fight with Tirek was, and how beautiful the song "You'll Play Your Part" was. This episode was incredible, and full of everything I would hope for in an episode of MLP.

• 1 month later...

Archived