Spellbound Open House Extravaganza & Princess Twilight Honoring Ceremony (Open)

Bellosh

banner_applejack_zpscd51b6b0.png

Applejack was a laid back mare. Anypony who knew her could tell you that. However, she also liked getting things done, she could see that this assembly of unicorn talent was turning into a complicated session of herding cats. Although she didn't ultimately mind, it made Applejack weary that she could not properly expect what would happen next.

An older but not too old-looking stallion with a beard openly asked Applejack a question. It was the typical gast of her heroism in the past, and the implication of her element of harmony, honesty. Applejack snapped right to it. "Well, there actually isn't much too it. Those elements are harmony weren't chosen by us necessarily. I truly believe they chose us. Of course, we all acted towards the goal of the bond my friends and I shared, so you could also say we chose to use them. But how do they work?" Applejack gave a grade-A country style shrug. "Beats me! Twilight would probably be the one to ask. From what I've seen all we do is concentrate, close our eyes, and BAM!" Applejack reared with a hoof raised.

Since the audience had not settled yet, it appeared Applejack's good friend Presteza decided to try and continue the conversation. "Oh yeah, Apple Bloom, she get's kinda silly on the weekends after school. Like this last weekend, I saw her trying to teach Winona to speak pony words." Applejack smiled with glee at the story's fulfilling punchline. "When I asked her what she was doing, she said..."

*CRASH*

Applejack swung her head towards the wall that cracked open and down, seeing a unicorn mare casually walking around the rubble it made. "What in tarnation!? Is this a magic seminar or a bulldozin' party?"

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngshiningbuttonsig_zps6d87c176.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((ooc: sorry for the delay, I was working on a longer post that encompassed all my characters but for the sake of moving this along I'm going to focus on Celestia for now. I assure you my other two characters aren't done here quite yet, I'm just not sure where to go with them, which was causing hang-ups (also holidays suck)))

Celestia smiled at the venerable professor as they each made their small talk. "I do hope you will. I am certain your experience will lead to the enlightenment of the young ponies of this guild." Celestia nodded with an air of certainty. There was no doubt a veteran professor would be able to teach, Celestia believed firmly that everypony had something to contribute. The professor then payed the sun princess a rather nice compliment, at the slight expense of himself. "You flatter me Professor Hoofcourt. My magical achievements may outshine yours but I also had several lifetimes to achieve them. You on the otherhoof have done great things in such a short time, not unlike the namesake given to you by your peers. Never forget that." Celestia said warmly. Celestia was never one to boast, she may have studied with the original Star Swirl and was gifted in magic, having once wielded the Element of Magic herself like her former student Twilight, but she also knew that every pony had great magic within them, and some of the magic she could never hope to master.

Moondancer promptly expressed her... displeasure with the story... Celestia knew that she would, after all she knew what it was like as well. Star Swirl and Luna both had their fair share of stories from her younger years that the princess herself would not wish to be told. Still Celestia could not imagine herself reacting like that. Embarrassed perhaps, but in the end, such stories made her into the pony she is today. She would not exchange any experience for anything. She smiled and nodded at Moony signaling that she had something to say after the ceremony was over. Celestia didn't wish to derail this any further than she had to. After all this was about the new guild, not her.

Silver Belle naturally chimed in playing off the story as she usually would do. Though, in Celestia's mind, the smartest thing to have done is say nothing... after all she didn't say anything about who caused that magical mishap... maybe inferred, but didn't actually say it was her. With Belle's reaction Celestia giggled. "I am glad that you still find my sense of humour in good fun Belle." Celestia said with a wink. "But you know, I did tell that little filly whom was brought to my office then she should be able to look back on that and laugh. It seems a shame that she has seemed to have forgotten those words."

Celestia over heard Professor Hoofcourt's inquiry to Applejack about the elements of harmony. After AJ finished explaining Celestia decided to chime in "You know professor, I too once wielded several of the elements with my sister Luna, if you would like, after the Ceremony I coul...." before the sun princess could finish there was a huge crash and the wall was destroyed and a gruff looking mare walked in through the wall. Celestia was tempted to fix the wall herself, but in a room full of magically talented mares and stallions, she felt her intervention would be unwarranted, and if anything hurt the pride of some of the members.

aes37n.jpg

Pocket was slightly upset that Celestia skipped his question, but who was he to take up all of the princess' time? There was plenty of other ponies that wanted 'Princess-Time' with Equestria's most beloved leader. And besides, along with their ruler, his beloved Moondancer was close by. The stallion could have dropped dead on the spot, and would have still kicked the bucket with a smile on his face. He would have to make some private time with the marvelous and magnificent mare-friend if he were to learn the teleportation spell. Oh, again with the hearts! When in love, many unicorns who were at least knowledgeable with projected image magic, or illusions, could summon an assortment of puffy red hearts, generally without knowing it, when in the early stages of love. Also, in rare occasions, one could also acquire temporary hearts in one's pupils, which was generally harder to notice right away. After brushing away the floating little blobs of limited magic, he turned away to watch some of the crowd.

Still, things were going just splendidly. While Princess Twilight had yet to show her mulberry coated hinder, the hall was filled to the brim with current and potential guild members, along with a few just there to see the spectacle of it all. One sight caught his eye, and as he was about to ask where Javasun got the large bundle of hay. That couldn't possibly be part of the food they had catered. The theme was 'magic' food, like Supasnacks, Wizochoc and Lembas! Food that properly fit the whole magic guild theme. Just as he was about to ask the stallion, where the stack of wrongly themed food came from, a noise shot out from one of the walls.

*CRASH!*

Pocket Change's jaw dropped as he watched a tall red maned mare as she emerged from the ruins of one of his beloved walls. The walls he had rescued from total destruction and lovingly restored by gifted crafts-ponies. Walls that had spent a good hundred or so years surrounded by learning and teachers and students. Walls with history! And some crazy mare comes along and destroys some of it! The stallion could not believe his eyes! He was beyond Boostafazoo'ed. He was completely chazwazer'ed! The entire thing was Cromulent!

While his cheeks were red, it was not love or embarrassment that was causing the temporary redness of the face, it was anger! While thoughts of sending the destructive stranger directly to the moon filled his mind, he decided he had to play it cool. His friends, mare-friend, one of Equestria's famous heroes, and their ruler were all here. He couldn't make a mule out of himself! Maybe she did this on accident! Yeah! An accident. He had read somewhere that some young unicorns, who were unskilled in controlling their magic, sometimes ended up causing more than a dragon's share worth of unwanted destruction.

Try as he may to rationalize things, it was obvious that Pocket was not a happy pony. His ears were tucked down, and his right eyelid kept shaking. What would help calm his nerves?

Professor Hoofcourt 'Starswirl' Magic was having a grand time talking with Princess Celestia and AppleJack. As the elderly unicorn in the cloak and hat prepared to answer both mares, a loud crash interrupted the entire party.

"What in the name of Starswirl's beard is going on here?" Professor Magic neighed as he rushed to the scene of the collasped wall.

"There'll be plenty of time to ask questions later, first we must care for the injured," the elderly unicorn said, using his magic to levitate the remaining stones away from Java. "I am no medical doctor, but this pony looks badly hurt. Is there a doctor or nurse in the house?"

It wasn't everyday that a festive party was interrupted by a magical explosion... well save that one time where he.... well no that didn't matter and was a rather painful memory for Razor. Still a large crash, every pony stunned save for the one pony who obviously caused it, even the revered princess didn't make a move to help right away. Razor smirked...Perhaps she isn't as perfect as she would like ponies to think... He mused to himself. He saw Professor Hoofcourt rush over apparently a pony was injured in the blast. Professor Hoofcourt moved the rubble away from the body and called out for a doctor or nurse.

Razor blinked for a minute at the old professor's question. Wasn't he just talking to me? The young doctor thought to himself. He began to quietly ponder if the old age of the former professor was causing him to go senile. He couldn't make such a diagnosis blind afterall, but still... it did irk him... I mean being lost in thought for a spell isn't odd especially with those so so devoted to their work.... Razor shook his head and stepped forward.

"As stated previously professor, I am a medical professional. If you could please back away I'll take it from here." The young doctor used his magic to take the gloves he kept in the pocket of his jacket... an old habit from working in a lab. Never have a labcoat with out a spare pair of medical gloves. He immediately cantered over and began to look over his newest patient. The doctor saw the first point of injury pretty quickly... the head the doctor immediately feared head trauma. The doctor went to reach for his bag.... which he realized was back at his hotel... He paused... shocked... Not that he could have predicted this but still he should have been prepared... he knew the sort of injury that could come from magical accident... "Is anypony here adept at ice magic and another pony at heat magic? I need a cloth soaked with water. Combining the two should beget water enough to cover a rag.... which may mean we may need to destroy some of the lovely tapestries... But I need this now!" The doctor took a commanding tone, he knew what needed to be done and without his bag he would need to improvise. He noticed Ice Storm who he was sure knew ice magic, and with the Sun Princess there, at the very least, he needn't worry about there being somepony capable of melting it onto a rag... The gash however was the small issue... the bigger one.... The doctor used his horn to illuminate an exact beam and shined it into Java's eyes... slow reaction... This wasn't good... It appeared as though he had pretty severe concussion. He immediately levitated over a book and laid the stallions head down on it, making sure the gash was up so he could treat it when the wound. With his magic he could fix up the wound and make the stallion cognisant again, but unfortunately, even with magic, there was no way to expedite the healing of a head injury like that, only rest... "Just hang tight, sir. I'll have you feeling better in no time." Razor looked over at the perpetrator of the act and was more than a bit miffed. "I'll be right back, I won't leave you alone for long."

He got up, forgetting bedside manner for a moment, and cantered over to the newcomer who said that what she did was 'pretty funny.' "Are you kiddin' me?! Funny??? You bust through a wall for what? Because you don't know how to use a door? And you injured that pony over there. I don't have my doctor's bag with me, because I didn't expect something like this to occur. Now I have a severely concussed pony and lack of tools to treat him! Do you even THINK before you go destroying walls?!" The doctor ranted at the pony in an elevated voice which was not common for him... He was usually annoyingly calm, at least according to some of his colleges... He walked away in a huff back to the patient, took a deep breath and said again in a calm but elevated voice. "Can some ponies please get me that wet rag?"

Looking around the room in the mass of ponies, Ice Storm had decided to kinda seclude herself into the corner and just wait for the ceremony to be over. There was so many things happening right now that it was beginning to become difficult for her to keep track of. She saw Pressy and her mother talking with Moondancer and Celestia as well as a mixture of ponies just kinda gathered around that she didn't know very well. She didn't want to seem like the awkward mare that was just looking to try to get any attention she could get. Sure, she was bored, and she wanted to talk to ponies, but she didn't want to intrude onto anypony else's conversations. She figured that if somepony wanted to talk with her, they would come talk to her. With that in mind, no pony had approached her yet.

Just as soon as she had made it to where she was going to sit down, a loud crash filled the room, as well as dust and debris. She turned around started to find that a good part of the wall was missing and that there was bits of it everywhere, and it looked like one stallion had been injured. As the dust settled, she saw Rose standing in the middle of it, and for some reason she wasn't all that surprised. It seemed that there was a doctor pony in the area though and he made his way over to the stallion. He began to examine him and immediately asked if there was somepony in the room with ice based magic and anypony with heat based. She began to move forward a bit, although taking a bit of a step back as he began to ream into Rose.

"Hey!" Ice Storm said in a raised tone herself. She didn't know who this doctor was, but he had no right to treat anypony like that for what was an accident. "For one, I highly doubt that she was laughing at the fact that somepony is hurt, and two, she was probably laughing because she wasn't paying attention to where she was going again. Secondly, I highly doubt she did this on purpose and yelling at her and treating her like that won't make this situation undo itself. Now, I am a mare with Ice magic. Instead of wasting time that is so precious mouthing off to a mare for an accident, tell me what you need me to do so that we can get this stallion treated," she said in a stern, matter of fact voice.

Java laid there on his back with his hooves squeezed close to his body as a way of shielding his innards from being crushed. His head was swimming as he tried to make out heads and tails of exactly what was going on. He was trotting about cotton candy clouds, and waterfalls falling upwards, rather than downwards. Colors were swirling, and pink fluffy unicorns were dancing on rainbows.

None of them seemed to be talking... how could they when their tongues were sticking out of their mouths like that. The other thing the barely conscious stallion noticed was that there was some kind of... catchy song going on in the background. The fluffy unicorns kept multiplying... and multiplying... and multiplying... and... this is starting to grow incredibly unnerving to the stallion.

His dream state eyes began to flick around to each unicorn that just poofed into existence with a soft 'fwup' like sound. Every where he looked. There were more of them! The agonizingly fluffy and speechless unicorn dancing on rainbows.

Over there! Fwup fwup fwup fwup fwup! THERE! POP POP FWUP POP POP POP. Eventually! The entire world was just swarming with them!

The disturbed stallion was trembling with wide eyes as he looked all around them. They all had stopped. All their eyes focused on them. Only curiosity and happiness brimmed in them. No signs of intelligence. No signs of actual thoughts! No signs of intent! They were all disturbingly empty kept for those two emotions!

Then finally they all gasped, and swarmed him at once. Washing him away in a single tidal wave of pink fluff. As he was drowning in love, he could only watch in horror as one slowly panned it's way in view. It's jaws opened wide, and then closed in one final message. Phibbit

The stallion snapped back into reality screaming bloody murder as he quickly thrashed about and hopped to his hooves. “NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE!” he chanted rapidly as he quickly began to trot out of the rubble left in the bulldozing mare's wake.

“The last thing I need is one more thing TO QUESTION WHAT SANITY I DO HAVE," Java growled, making his way to the nearby punch bowl to get a drink. And hopefully forget that horrible dream. And reminding everypony that Earth Ponies are some tough ponies. And perhaps his dreams is what keeps him from sleeping?

6CXG5eu.gif

2lcohw5.jpg

*CRASH*

Disaster! Woe! Ruin! Moondancer imagined that if a wall could speak, it’d be making such cries of horror right now thanks to her old schoolmate plowing through it. In the past, the young mare had always regarded Rumble Rose’s... defining trait as something amusing to witness. All that changed in an instant when it was Moony’s magic guild’s wall that got caught in the crossfire. Grimacing, the alarmed hostess needed to do some damage control right now before some visitors thought of leaving a potential trainwreck.

“Att-attention everypony,” Moondancer stammered to all in the room while trying to put on her bravest, nervously-smiling face; “Don’t uhh- be alarmed with that errrrr- special entrance! That....... that was intentional! Eeeeeeeeeeeyup, that’s right, tehehehe! Intentional. So uhhh- all guests should, you know, sit down now and wait for the ceremony to start....... and eheheh, there won’t be any more surprise wall collapses, because we, like, already got that out of the way, eheheheheh, heh............. Give me a moment.”

Moondancer had noticed her boyfriend not taking the situation all that well. If that right eyelid of his could shake any faster, it’d be burning with rage right about now! Poor Pocket Change; he definitely needed a hug more than anything. Obliging to this unspoken need, Moony cantered right over to the fuming stallion and wrapped her forelegs around his neck. “It’s alright babe,” the young mare softly assured her special somepony; “We renovated that wall once; we can do it again.”

Before her stallion could reply, Moondancer planted a quick kiss on Pocket’s cheek, before pulling back and shining her pleading purple eyes onto his; “I gotta keep this show going, Pocket. Can you help Icy patch up that hole for now? Pretty please???” The magical mare knew that Ice Storm’s cryokinetic abilities could craft a temporary ice wall, but her friend could probably use assistance, and who better to provide assistance than Pocket Change?

• 4 weeks later...

Applejack was pretty amazed at all the commotion. How was it possible that so much destruction could happen in a short period of time, a bit of confusion, and few annoyed ponies, and loud spoken word be shouted across the hallways all within a moments time, all without the presence of Pinkie Pie. It was pretty remarkable. Applejack was always a pony of dependability, but at this point she wasn't really sure how she could help. The best she could do is give moral support. "It's OK ya'll everything's fine. Let's just get any ponies who are hurt the medical care they need. No need to blow this up any more than it already is. Besides, we got the Princess here. She won't let us suffer." Applejack pointed casually to the Princess. It was odd having her here in this situation. And the ponies who let their emotions rise seemed to forgot who was in their presence. It reminded her of the time Princess Twilight was rejected by a city pony when she asked for a cut in line for a cab. Some ponies revered the Princess, some ponies were too distracted by their own lives to care. And because of the regality of the princesses, well maybe minus the authoritarian style Luna has, they would let the ponies have their freedom to disregard, for sake of privacy and liberty. In any case, Applejack stood in the middle of the action, making sure no fights started between the ponies who were offended by the entrance, and the pony who broke the wall. If there was a fight, Applejack would make sure her earth pony muscle would stand in the way.

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngshiningbuttonsig_zps6d87c176.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

The hay?! Javasun had been injured? Oh No! Pocket Change had been so worried about his silly wall, he did not even bother to check to see if anypony had been hurt by the crazy mare's explosion of said wall. Not only did he now risk fines, lawsuits and other monetary penalties, there was a very good chance that the unicorn's hot mom, who also happened to be a duchess and an high ranking member of the Royal Equestrian Army would lock him up for good! Now her beloved little colt would be scarred for life! She would most likely blame Pocket Change for the horrid, disfiguration of her son, and have him sent to the spice mine of Kessel or smashed into who knows what! Poor Java would soon be sporting an matching eye-patch just like his mother, or even an entire face-concealing mask like the dreaded 'Phantom Of The Stable'. And if Pocket had been able to avoid getting smashed, or sent to a spice mine, the now very evil Java would make it his life's goal to plan a horrid fate for Climax's favorite son! Oh woe!

While terrified of the very though of what just happened to his guild-mate, Pocket's eyes slowly shifted towards the injured stallion. Java was laying on his back! Was he dead? No, he appeared to be moving and his eyes were showing some activity. Worst he could have acquired was a bonk on the head. Hopefully no permanent injuries. Maybe a case of comedy-head-bonk-shenanigans could happen. Maybe Java would think he was the Count Of Canterlot, which would only be cured by another bonk on the noggin. Or maybe he would believe himself to be a cute little bunny and would demand carrots and pats on his fluffy tail? They did have carrots on the rented buffet table. But who would pet him?

Before her stallion could reply, Moondancer planted a quick kiss on Pocket’s cheek, before pulling back and shining her pleading purple eyes onto his; “I gotta keep this show going, Pocket. Can you help Icy patch up that hole for now? Pretty please???” The magical mare knew that Ice Storm’s cryokinetic abilities could craft a temporary ice wall, but her friend could probably use assistance, and who better to provide assistance than Pocket Change?

vertd1.jpg

It was over as quickly as it started. Like the princess in his sister Docket's favorite fairytale, young Pocket was saved by a gentle kiss. The storm of crazy was quickly pushed away and sanity was restored in the realm of his mind. Thankfully, Java himself was up and about, and trying his luck with the punch. Hopefully he signed all the legal waivers when he joined. Did they even have legal papers? While he was still not keen about the wall, it was still just a wall after all.

"Thanks Moony, I needed that." , he nodded at her suggestion, and sought about his task of putting up an temporary wall with the blue coated mare. As Moondancer (hopefully) restored order, the stallion trotted over to the mare, "Miss Storm, could you please summon an ice wall from here to there.", he waved his hoof at the large gap, "I will back up your magic with a spell of my own that will extend the duration of your wall and give us enough time to have it replaced once the event is over." The stallion planned two snatch a few towels from the kitchen area to place near the bottoms of the mare's temporay walls, so if they started to drip, there wouldn't be too much of a mess to clean up.

While he was no longer angry with the wall-destroying mare, Pocket did throw a glance her way, "Considering you were the one who ruined the wall, could you at least lend us some magic and help us put up this temporary fix until I can get someone to fix it properly."

6Eheoy3.jpg

"Oh yeah, Apple Bloom, she get's kinda silly on the weekends after school. Like this last weekend, I saw her trying to teach Winona to speak pony words." Applejack smiled with glee at the story's fulfilling punchline. "When I asked her what she was doing, she said..."

*CRASH*

"What in tarnation!? Is this a magic seminar or a bulldozin' party?"

The crash and entrance had left the young magic painter speechless for a short time. Here she was listening to a silly story about Applejack’s sister trying to teach the family dog how to speak pony and suddenly the wall explodes and in comes her cousin. “Well…” Began the painter, “that’s a non-sequitur if I ever ‘eard one.” The mare said giving her orange friend a smile. Rose must have had her head in the clouds, as per usual. Rose was rather notorious for her absent-mindedness; it was the reason she didn’t come to the manor.

Presteza let out a sigh and got to her hooves, “Oi, Rose! I know ya love yer music but ya gotta keep yer wits about ya!” she called out to her cousin before looking to Applejack, “Um I’ll be right back, I gotta help with damage control… also don’t worry too much about the redhead mare who plowed through the wall. That’s my cousin and she’s really quite nice… if a little klutzy.” The cream colored unicorn chuckled before she walked on over to the scene of the devastation...

WYm4sKJ.jpg

. "I am glad that you still find my sense of humour in good fun Belle." Celestia said with a wink. "But you know, I did tell that little filly whom was brought to my office then she should be able to look back on that and laugh. It seems a shame that she has seemed to have forgotten those words."

“Oh… I’m sure she’ll probably remember sooner or later.”The professor sighed before she looked to her old friend, “Give me a moment, I must tend to my niece’s mess.” Silver belle’s relationship with presteza’s cousin was a bit… strained. She could appreciate Rubble’s impressive magical power and it’s magic nature, but she often felt that the khaki colored unicorn wasn’t the best pony to make use of it; the recent destruction of the guild hall’s wall being a perfect example of why.

“Att-attention everypony,” Moondancer stammered to all in the room while trying to put on her bravest, nervously-smiling face; “Don’t uhh- be alarmed with that errrrr- special entrance! That....... that was intentional! Eeeeeeeeeeeyup, that’s right, tehehehe! Intentional. So uhhh- all guests should, you know, sit down now and wait for the ceremony to start....... and eheheh, there won’t be any more surprise wall collapses, because we, like, already got that out of the way, eheheheheh, heh............. Give me a moment.”

"Miss Storm, could you please summon an ice wall from here to there.", he waved his hoof at the large gap, "I will back up your magic with a spell of my own that will extend the duration of your wall and give us enough time to have it replaced once the event is over."

The Duchess trotted over to the hole in the wall and looked at the various piece on the floor, “There won’t be any need for that, Mister Change.” The grey coated mare strolled up and closed her eyes to picture the wall how it before it had so recently been broken. The various bits and pieces of the wall began to glow and then float upwards and back into the area but they weren’t sticking. Not until an additional blue magical aura strengthened the spell to mend the wall.

Belle’s daughter joined in the reconstruction spell but she could tell they were missing some pieces. The silver maned unicorn glanced to her cousin and gave her a flat look.

GQp8f8A.jpg

While he was no longer angry with the wall-destroying mare, Pocket did throw a glance her way, "Considering you were the one who ruined the wall, could you at least lend us some magic and help us put up this temporary fix until I can get someone to fix it properly."

Rose merely blinked in response to the stallion. The mare looked herself over and noticed a few bits of stone and granite were on her coat. The demo-mare walked over and shook off her coat, the bits of debris getting caught a blue magical aura and then soaring back to the hole in wall before there was a flash and the wall was mended, looking better than ever.

Looking back to the white stallion who was giving her a cross look she said in a flat tone, “Sorry.” The mare looked around the area and waved casually to Moondancer, icy, and even celestia. She then looked up to the banner, “Oh… this is Moony’s guild...” she said in her usual un-enthused tone.

He got up, forgetting bedside manner for a moment, and cantered over to the newcomer who said that what she did was 'pretty funny.' "Are you kiddin' me?! Funny??? You bust through a wall for what? Because you don't know how to use a door? And you injured that pony over there. I don't have my doctor's bag with me, because I didn't expect something like this to occur. Now I have a severely concussed pony and lack of tools to treat him! Do you even THINK before you go destroying walls?!" The doctor ranted at the pony in an elevated voice which was not common for him... He was usually annoyingly calm, at least according to some of his colleges... He walked away in a huff back to the patient, took a deep breath and said again in a calm but elevated voice. "Can some ponies please get me that wet rag?"

The mare stepped back a moment in reflex as a stallion approached her. He seemed to be rather angry as he yelled about her plowing through the wall by accident. To be honest, Rose was a bit scared and surprised by this sudden show of aggression; not that you could tell. On the mare's face was the usual slightly dour unimpressed  visage that had yet to change save for the occasional slow blink. The mare thought a moment and then spoke up in her usual listless tone, "Well... I didn't mean to hit the wall. It was just in my path and I was distracted. I was trying to figure out a joke my coworker told me." The mare's ears perked up as she heard the stallion mention that somepony was hurt because of her. She noticed a rather dazed looking earth pony who she vaguely remembered passing. Rose slowly walked over and approached Java then looked to Razor," Is he okay?"

• 2 weeks later...

2lcohw5.jpg

Since the wall was now a problem for other ponies to take care of, Moondancer returned to her ceremony hosting duties. “So uhhh, let’s get this ceremony started, shall we? Alrighty then.” The young mare used up a brief moment to clear her throat first, although she only did so to stall for time. Like it or not, she’d have to get the bad news out of the way first. Fortunately, Moony at least bought herself enough time to drum up the courage to go on.

“Well, tonight we are gathered here to honor Princess Twilight Sparkle and her amazing achievements in magic... oh yeah, and to let you lovely fillies and gentlecolts check out the super-duper awesome magic guild we’ve cooked up here in the great city of Canterlot. But for tonight, Twilight’s the main attraction! As the ads mentioned, we invited her to drop by here so she could give an inspirational speech, get showered with praise, and maybe she’d also reveal a couple of juicy little secrets.” Moondancer paused to see if anypony laughed at her joke; “Of course, princesses are rather busy, and sometimes some emergency comes up at the last minute which messes up an entire schedule, so uhhhhh, what I’m trying to say is that... well..... Princess Twilight can’t come tonight.”

Commence the preemptive damage control! “But don’t worry everypony! We Spellbound folks are master magicians, and we managed to land ourselves... another guest speaker! ...That’s right, uuuhhh... a better one!” Moondancer forced a nod to reassure the listeners; “You see, this new pony we’ve got is one of the few who know Twilight Sparkle better than most anypony. Our guest shares a very deep intimate bond with Twilight, and has personally seen how much Twi has developed in her magic and grown as a pony. So without further adieu, let’s give it up foooooooooooooor.........

APPLEJACK!!!

Why don’t ya’ come here and say a few words about Princess Twilight, hmm?” Moondancer gestured towards the orange earth pony, encouraging her to speak up to the assembled crowd.

• 2 weeks later...

Applejack winced with a smile at Moondancer gave the first words for tonight's ceremony. Some of the remarks weren't really necessary. And Applejack even giggled silently at the idea that she herself would be a better speaker than Twilight. Much isn't the case. But beyond the flattery and presentation, Applejack was called up to stage to say something about Twilight Sparkle. Applejack hadn't really prepared much of anything in particular, maybe a few jokes and some banter. It was pretty easy to lecture on the fantastic friendship she has had so far with Princess Twilight Sparkle, regardless of how well prepared she would be to speak.

When Moondancer motioned for Applejack, the orange earth pony approached the stage and walked up the steps to get to the podium. The moment Applejack put her hooves on the podium, she began talking. "Oh shucks, thank ya'll." Applejack wasn't really sure how the audience had accepted her as a replacement to Twilight Sparkle just yet, her words would be mostly blind to immediate reaction. "I know many of you didn't know I was comin'. I would have honked my horn, but ah don't have one!" Applejack swung her hoof to gesture a joke, a small drum rim shot playing in the background.
https://soundcloud.com/charlescarver/rimshot-5

Although, the joke, which Applejack figured was probably too quickly told, didn't seem to generate much of anything from the crowd.

After a few hesitations, Applejack composed herself and kept on speaking. "I met Twilight Sparkle during a family reunion a few years ago. Of course, she came because she was checking on preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration. We accepted her part of the family the moment we stuffed some our apple treats in her mouth, heh heh." Applejack chuckled. Wasn't even a day later we considered each other best friends. Twilight, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and myself, we had a bit of an adventure in the Everfree the following morning, and well. Ya'll have probably read up on that story. Twilight helped us shine those elements like it wasn't even a thang. And since then, these girls and I have been best friends forever. And it wouldn't have ever happened if Twilight Sparkle never came.

"A couple years later, Twilight even showed me the importance of pony magic, regardless of what kind of pony you are. We all have it inside of us. And she challenged me to better understand the connection my family's property, Sweet Apple Acres, had with the neighboring Everfree forest. The magical synergy there helps the apple trees grow. Even though the Everfree can be a dangerous place, its practically the reason why the town of Ponyville exists in the first place.

"Over the years, lots has happened since then, including her becoming an alicorn princess. I have a good hunch every now and again, but I admit I did not see that one coming. But what wasn't surprising is that she became the leader representation in Equestria for friendship. Twilight studied friendship more than I studied apples. And that's a lot. I reckon if all of us studied in our interests as much as she did, we'd all be alicorns, too! Heh heh. But even now, Twilight will still be searching for more things to learn, more lessons on friendship, and more adventures and discoveries. The very thing I praise her on tonight is probably the same reason she couldn't be hear tonight. She's too busy being so gosh dang smart! And that, my unicorn friends, is what it takes to be successful. If we all take her example, even if you're not a unicorn, we can learn to be as bright a star as our Princess of Friendship is today."

Applejack stepped off the podium and waiting for any kind of audience participation. She wasn't sure if there was to be a question and answer segment or what. Whatever happened though, she was prepared. She stood there with a bright earth pony smile, feeling confident everything she said about her friend Twilight was about as truthful as true could be.

• 3 weeks later...

Razor Gears

Ice Storm's reaction was natural and he knew he broke bedside manner but still... Razor has seen more injury from magical mishap than any other injury. "Perhaps, Ice Storm, if you were a doctor and saw the degree of injury that often befalled ponies, not just unicorns, for magical mishap, you'd have a different opinion. There are very few things I'll break bed side manner for, scolding a pony for mindlessly using magic is one. I've seen it happen too many times before. So before you question my actions why not be a bit curious of where I'..." Before he could finish speaking to him the pony that was injured sprung back to life and made his way back to the punch bowl... seemingly very irate... Razor stopped and just looked back at Ice Storm with a confused look. He was certain of his diagnosis, and that he likely had a concussion... Razor would have to try and convince him to see a doctor or let him examine him later to make sure it wasn't serious...

Not before long the festivities started... With the turn of events of Princess Twilight not coming and the sudden appearance of Princess Celestia, he was sure that Celestia would take Twilight's place as the speaker. After all... didn't she teach a lot of the gifted unicorns personally? There was even a rumour that she had been a student and good friends with Star Swirl the Bearded himself. And then the announcement of the speaker was made, and it was Applejack, one of the former Element of Harmony wielders and best friends of Twilight. While he respected Moondancer's motives, he wasn't sure of the choice. By the end of the speech he was sure of it. It was more about Twilight than about magic, which was the reason they were here today. Ingrid Marie would have been a better choice, or Princess Celestia herself if she agreed....

Princess Celestia

Princess Celestia didn't do much when the wall was destroyed or anything. With so many gifted unicorns here, she felt it would be an imposition on their own abilities. She didn't wish to act when her abilities were not needed, nor wanted. Though she was certain that no pony would mind or would question her motives. Still this was a magic guild and true to form, it didn't take long until the chaos quelled and the wall was repaired. Belle and her daughter Presteza were at the forefront of the repair, and Ice Storm and Pocket Change helped.

"That was an impressive feat of magic Belle and Presteza. Your family's magic is as impressive as ever." The Princess praised the magic of the two unicorn mares. "And that goes for you as well Ice Storm and Pocket Change." Celestia said with a smile. "Speaking of, I must apologize Pocket so much was happening earlier I couldn't properly answer your question, after the festivities have settled a bit I will answer it to the best of my ability, though I'm sure Moondancer would be delighted to help you with that as well" Celestia said with a mischievous wink. She knew full well that Moondancer was Pocket's fillyfriend.  

Then Moondancer started the festivities... and to anypony else her introduction could have easily been mistaken for an introduction for Celestia, but the princess knew that her intern and former pupil at the School for Gifted Unicorns would not have an unannounced guest that she was not even aware of until just a little while ago to make a speech. So naturally the princess knew at that point before the announcement was made that, that was the reason that Applejack was there. Celestia remembered that there was an 'emergency' that had to be taken up, and Twilight had said she was going to take care of it, but she didn't know that she was previously engaged to come here. It wasn't a big deal still, Celestia whispered to Moondancer "Perhaps next time you should choose your words more carefully, it almost sounded as if you were going to introduce me to the stage" Celestia said playfully to Moondancer. "It is a good thing that you didn't, as being unprepared I may have just told old stories from my school."

As the doctor began to spiel about how if she were a doctor and had seen the number of injuries that be felled not just unicorns from magical mishaps then she would have a different opinion, and that magical mishaps are one thing that would cause him to break bedside manner. "Then I want your name, so I can tell everypony in town what doctor not to go to if they need emergency treatment because you'll be too busy scolding everyone else responsible for the injuries rather than treating the injury," she told him as Java got up and seemed to be fine. "If this pony had been as hurt as you had claimed in to be, your unprofessional outburst towards her, would have cost him a lot more considering the possible damage that could have been done. And no, I wouldn't have a different opinion. Why? because it's a doctors job to treat every patient unbiasedly. It's not the doctors job to yell at somepony else for their mistake, and the fact that you're standing here trying to defend yourself makes me wonder if you should even have a license to practice medicine.

I don't care how many times you've seen something happen. As a doctor, patients come first. Everything else comes second. If you can't remember that, or if you have a problem with that because of magical accidents, then perhaps you need to look into a new career," Ice Storm told the doctor in a very harsh tone very unimpressed with his work ethic, and now his moral ethics in general. She was most definitely never a doctor that she herself would ever take seriously again, and she would never in her right state of mind send any of her friends to him. She didn't care if he was the best doctor in Equestria, she simply wanted nothing more to do with him. "Since it appears that the pony in question is actually fine, I have no more need to associate myself with an elitist doctor such as yourself, have a great night," she finished with a very notable sarcastic tone. This doctor was a prime example of why she had left Canterlot to begin with.

She turned to Moony after dealing with the doctor and she had asked her to repair the wall. It didn't really seem to be necessary though as Silver Belle seemed to have everything under control. Before she could have even summoned and ice spell to deal with the wall, Mrs. Belle already had the wall intact once again. Everything seemed to be starting to die down now that the ceremony was actually beginning to start. She found herself watching towards the stage as Applejack was introduced and started speaking about Twilight and how dedicated she was to her studies and while she wasn't expecting her to become a princess, she wasn't surprised with how well and how much progress she had made on the ideas of friendship. She did have the pleasure of meeting with Twilight a few times before she moved back here to Canterlot, and had even tutored a bit with her, but nothing too extravagant. She simply waited and listened in the crowd as the ceremony continued.

D3OSPzi.png

Dazzle's energetic enthusiasm and overall natural cheer at simply being alive was as familiar as it was grating, and Nocturne Wisp watched the brilliant blue mare flounce back into the crowd, hesitation sweeping over his features. The dark colored unicorn eventually decided against following after his roommate, instead setting his mug down on a nearby table and reacquainting himself with the pillar he'd been leaning against earlier. There was still the Princess of Sun - still being swarmed by every pony with a stamp on his or her flank - to consider, and Nocturne honestly did not wish to contend with the pushing and crowding of the hive.

He didn't feel the need to seek shining approval like a little foal looking for a pat on the head, after all. Just as well. Nocturne lounged - lounged, not sulked, no matter what Pocket Change said - against his pillar as he surveyed the room with a bored expression on his face, quietly waiting for the second Princess to arrive.

Which is when a series of misfortunate events suddenly occurred in rapid succession.

To say Nocturne was surprised when a wall suddenly imploded would be…and understatement, of gargantuan proportions. The unicorn was only faintly pleased that he didn't leap a foot in the air, even if he let out a rather sharp exclamation of startlement at the moment of impact. Even more surprising - and leagues more irritating - a brown unicorn stepped clear of the wreckage, looking for all the world she had simply misstepped during a casual stroll. Nocturne couldn't say what baffled him more - the mare's entrance into a building that clearly had a large and very usable door, or her complete disregard for the damage she'd caused to Moondancer's hard-built guild hall.

And that was the thought that made Nocturne shove past gawping ponies to stand closer to the commotion, a scowl firmly on his face.

He needn't have bothered, though, as he was brought up short by a brown unicorn laying into the destructive mare. Nocturne slowed his pace near the front, letting out an aggressive and agreeing sort of grunt at every single word leaving the stallion's snout, and kept his narrowed gaze on the brown mare. At least somepony else had sense enough to grill the mare, especially seeing how the rubble had apparently knocked out yet another brown stallion, who sat mumbling to himself.

The sense stopped there, however.

Nocturne couldn't help the slight widening of his eyes and the disbelieving scowl on his face as a pale blue unicorn suddenly stepped forward, and started lecturing the former on his tone of voice. As if he had no right to be angry at this, this hooligan, crashing and wrecking Moondancer's hall. As if all ponies in the room should simply shrug their shoulders, welcome the new mare with open hooves, and completely ignore the fact that she broke down a wall not ten feet away from the front doors.

And not only that, accept the fact that the mare couldn't even find it in herself to show any remorse, other than to think her wreckage of Moondancer's hard work was "pretty funny".

As much as his research field provided questions and debates and countless hours of study, the idiocy of some ponies never failed to astound him more.

Nocturne was fairly surprised his glare was burning a hole in the pale blue unicorn's backside, but at least Moondancer was keeping it together. Faintly distraught at the destruction, which was completely reasonable, but the white unicorn was soon introducing an orange Earth Pony to the stage, while Pocket Change and some other unicorns fixed up the wall. Nocturne Wisp had to work to rearrange his face back into something neutral - especially when Moondancer announced a certain Princess would not be attending - but rearrange he did, even as he, once again, weaved through the throng of ponies to stand more off to the side. Another pillar acted as his post, allowing his pale gaze to settle on Applejack while she beamed out into the crowd.

Sweet Celestia. Pocket Change owed him for joining his and Moondancer's guild. Drinks would be the least of his recompense.

[Pressy said she'd be editing her post, so if she does, this post willl also likely need edits.]

Razor looked at Ice Storm, trying to hold back his laughter at her moral patronizing of the doctor. She obviously doesn't understand the first thing. The patient was secure, and was in no danger of further harm. What he did waiting for the tools needed to treat was his prerogative. Razor may have left bedside manner but it was not without ensuring the patient was in condition to be able to do so. The doctor always follows his oath, but he honestly didn't care what this pony said. His patients were all usually quite fond of his treatment, and almost never scolded ponies. He usually only did so of parents who didn't supervise their colts and fillies whom were just learning magic. There were simply some things that could be avoided if ponies would think, and for a grown pony to come barreling through a wall, one which she didn't even know the building of, the amount of injury that could have incurred wasn't an accident, it was gross misuse of magic. In fact that comment about not having a license to practice because he scolded a pony made him chuckle. Clearly she didn't know the first thing about being a doctor, and he wouldn't have even reacted that way if he had been prepared and was able to do his job normally.  "There seems to be a misunderstanding... I wasn't defending my actions. I'm fully well aware that an apology is in order for my tone, however, the core of what I said remains valid. I was more venting my annoyance that such injuries are easily avoidable, and this one put me in a bind because I didn't have the necessary tools to do much, otherwise I'd have been more civil and professional, capable of performing treatment first then addressing her. That said I fully intend to recommend that pony still seek medical attention, because it is still possible that he has a mild concussion, if not a severe one and he just doesn't realize it yet due to adrenaline. Whether it is a doctor at Canterlot General, or myself that performs the physical check-up, it doesn't really matter to me, it would be up to him." With that he smirked at her sarcastic depart. He wasn't going to lose sleep over this pony having an issue with him. He didn't even return a venomous retort. He didn't need to and he knew it. 

He first went over to the pony he had scolded, who had explained what happened... not that it made much difference to Razor who still saw it as using magic improperly. "I apologize for my outburst, but... really... in the future, please use more care when you cast such powerful destruction magic. It is rather easy to cause severe injury like that. Casting magics when lost in thought and not focused could and often does have severe consequences." True it may seem like a hollow apology to many, but for Razor to apologize at all, when he felt he was right was already huge. Then the question came about the pony's well being... He still was unsure... though he was pretty certain of his initial diagnosis which was called into question when the pony got up. "I am honestly not sure if he is alright or not. I believe he has a concussion, and that his adrenaline is keeping him from taking note. Hopefully it is nothing severe though, like an occlusion. We should know shortly though, and I will do everything in my ability to help him if he is indeed as injured as I fear."

He cantered over to the pony whom he was about to treat (at least hopefully)... "Excuse me sir. When I checked you earlier, your pupils were slow to react... Usually that indicates some form of brain trauma. If you are moving around this well, it is likely only a mild concussion, but I'd still like you to get looked at fully, either by myself or a doctor at Canterlot General. If you choose the latter, I merely request that you take it easy and if you feel off, tell me immediately. Ah! Where are my manners... I'm Dr. Razor Gears. I hope I will be able to assist you." 

By the time Java had reached the punch table, he had slouched over it, using it as a means to support himself as the world.... just spun around him. The simplest shift of the head had caused everything to blur and rapidly shifted away like he was in some sort of graviton, looking out to the world. In... what little logic that the stallion had left in him after taking a won-ton blow to the noggin, he simply thought to himself that all he needed was a drink.

And so... he reached out with his jaws to try and pluck up the ladle. As his maw neared, he realized he was out of reach. His tongue extended to try and pull it closer, but instead it just danced about in the air... and brushed against the spoon's edge, thus pushing it even further back.

“J......st... litt...le.... further...” The stallion panted as he strained his neck a little further. Reality was, he could have just stood up to grab it, but with the way the world was spinning he was afraid that he'd fall over. Only, that fear actually did come true when the stallion suddenly rolled off to the side and slammed his head down on the table. The impact rattled the plates, bounced the silverwear, and even stirred up the punch bowl.

Then next came the meeting of the floor. A resounding thud was all that Java could get to inform him that he was now possibly lying on his side... on the ground. He thought about getting up... But with his body feeling like it was about to roll around... he figured it'd be best to just let what ever happens – happen.

And by sheer happenstance, he was approached by a doctor! A doctor... with a very... odd name. A name that would usually make Java think twice about signing up for his services simply because Razor, sounds more like he was fixing to get disected. However, given the situation the stallion found himself, he simply deduced that this was one of the things he was going to let happen.

“Braain.... tr-ma,” The stallion muttered dizzily. A grimace took over his expression. It was just what he wanted too! More mental problems to add onto a slowly growing list.

His eyes flicked up rather quickly. Though with his lack of balance, they overshot the intended target, and soon lowered down to look the other in the eye. “Fine.....fine...” Java continued with a low sigh. “Voronoi... Fractal.... at your service... just call me Mocha... cousin. Faster to say.”

2qdswhx.jpg

"Very nice. Thank you, Duchess", Pocket Change could not help but be impressed by Presteza's hot mom, and her very useful and fast restoration spell. He would have a professional take a look at the wall tomorrow to make sure it was a permanent fix and would not need any further repair, He glanced back at Rose,"You might want to be careful next time. I'm all for an flashy entrance, but considering you almost maimed a pony for life, I'd probably go with illusions, and maybe a recorded sound cantrip." The stallion pondered the destructive mare for a moment. She was awfully pretty, but sort of emotionally distant. What other pony did he know that was that way at times? And what other pony needed somepony in his life at the moment? Pocket believed that a strong relationship was an end-all for all of life's problems!

After finding his old spot next to Nocturne Wisp, the stallion waited in silent anticipation for his beloved mare, Moondancer to call out and welcome the guild's guest of honor for tonight. He smiled as Princess Celestia spoke and bowed just slightly as she finished. "Thank you, your majesty." he added. Just in time for...............

Bellosh101, on 21 Feb 2015 - 12:36 AM, said:

“Well, tonight we are gathered here to honor Princess Twilight Sparkle and her amazing achievements in magic... oh yeah, and to let you lovely fillies and gentlecolts check out the super-duper awesome magic guild we’ve cooked up here in the great city of Canterlot. But for tonight, Twilight’s the main attraction! As the ads mentioned, we invited her to drop by here so she could give an inspirational speech, get showered with praise, and maybe she’d also reveal a couple of juicy little secrets.” Moondancer paused to see if anypony laughed at her joke; “Of course, princesses are rather busy, and sometimes some emergency comes up at the last minute which messes up an entire schedule, so uhhhhh, what I’m trying to say is that... well..... Princess Twilight can’t come tonight.”

The hay? Twilight couldn't come tonight?! Pocket Change was not outraged, but slightly peeved at his announcement. For all the talk of her change, for all murmurings about her epic rise from her being a total shut-in to super-hero, she was still Twilight 'No-Show' Sparkle. The same pony that thought she was too good for anypony! They took that snobby and condescending mare and made her a freaking princess, for Luna's sake! That probably made things even worse. And now she lived in a crystal castle surrounded by little cottages and barns.

Knowing he needed to remain positive, the stallion tried to think of something that would make him happy. He had half an roast Eggplant, hummus and pickle sub-sandwich back at his flat. That's good right? Maybe, but it wasn't enough! His eyes slowly fell back onto the mare who was about to make the speech. It was Applejack? Why in the world did Moony pick her? There was no denying that Earth Ponies did contain their own magic, and there were more than a few members of their guild that were not unicorns, he just couldn't figure out why she skipped over Princess Celestia! She was possibly the most powerful spellcaster in all of Equestria, if not the entire world!

Still, he thought more of Moondancer, and how utterly perfect she was in everyway, and he hoped no pony was gifted with the ability to read mines. He listened to Applejack's speech and couldn't help but grin just a little. Yes, her joke was beyond horrible, but she was filled with folksy charm that couldn't help but make a guy smile, even if she was mostly praising the so-called 'Princess Of Friendship'. More like the 'Princess Of Broken Promises'. Oh-oh! His smiling was quickly twisting into an Nocturne Wisp-sized frown! He should not complete this action, or he would have a full-scowl on his face! He needed to push more 'happy' into his brain! He thought of Moondancer, and maybe Princess Celestia? And Luna? And throw in Pinky Pie for the laughs, and they were, er...having tea together! That's nice, and maybe Pinkie brought a few cakes. And was she in the cake? No! She wasn't in the cake, asking for somepony to help her with it, she had the cake on a plate! Yes! He heeded to keep his thoughts 'family-friendly' as even a colt or filly could grasps the basics of mind-reading.

And try as he could, he could not relax, especially with one more thing on his mind! Java-Sun! Pocket Change's eyes darted around the room and spotted his friend and he did not look so good! Thankfully he appeared to be getting some help. "Oh for pony's sake.", Pocket grumbled to Nocturne, "Next time we do this, I will make sure to put booze in the punch. Less 'Magic Party Pony Punch' and more ' Carriagebean Rum Punch'."

lpvqhS8s.jpgProfessor Hoofcourt Magic

After hearing AppleJack's impromptu speech, the elderly unicorn stallion stomped his front hooves in applause.  So moved by her words, Hoofcourt made his way through the crowd to speak to her.

"That was a fine speech, young mare!" the Professor neighed.  "You did a fine job filling in for Princess Twilight.  You and your friends share a special kind of magic that no pony else can harness, the magic of Friendship amplified by your connection to the Elements of Harmony.  I have been using magic for a lifetime, and I have never had the chance to channel my powers through even one of the legendary Elements!  Could you tell me what it's like?  You have not only used the Elements on several occasions, you and your friends were recently transformed by their power to defeat Tirek!   How was that experience?"

2lcohw5.jpg

Then Moondancer started the festivities... and to anypony else her introduction could have easily been mistaken for an introduction for Celestia, but the princess knew that her intern and former pupil at the School for Gifted Unicorns would not have an unannounced guest that she was not even aware of until just a little while ago to make a speech. So naturally the princess knew at that point before the announcement was made that, that was the reason that Applejack was there. Celestia remembered that there was an 'emergency' that had to be taken up, and Twilight had said she was going to take care of it, but she didn't know that she was previously engaged to come here. It wasn't a big deal still, Celestia whispered to Moondancer "Perhaps next time you should choose your words more carefully, it almost sounded as if you were going to introduce me to the stage" Celestia said playfully to Moondancer. "It is a good thing that you didn't, as being unprepared I may have just told old stories from my school."

Well, it looked like Applejack’s speech went well with the crowd. All things considered, the situation for Moondancer and her magical gang could have been a lot worse. Instead, Moony only had to withstand some mild playfulness from Princess Celestia. Looking back, the younger mare realized how her introduction may have accidently applied to Twilight’s alicorn mentor as well. For just a brief moment, Moondancer blushed as she pondered whether she should have sent the princess up to the stage instead.

Thankfully, Celestia reminded the unicorn mare why that would have been such a bad idea. “Yeaaah,” Moondancer forced a really wide smile, not whispering but still speaking relatively softly; “We wouldn’t want you telling embarrassing stories about your former pupils again, now would we?” While this was going on, Moony expected that her pals would follow the plan and use this opportunity to start heading up to the stage. Once they were all up there, Spellbound could begin the final (and probably most exciting) phase of the opening ceremony.

--------

OOC: Pocket Change, Presteza, Ice Storm, and Razor Gears: as these ponies are our currently active Guild veterans, they have the option of heading up stage to “showcase” their talents. If they prefer to not come up, that’s also alright.

Razor

Before the brown pony could even respond he collapsed at the punch bowl. This wasn't good... the doctors initial diagnosis seemed to be correct. He would have shot a glare at the pony who doubted him and called into question his professionalism, but seeing as how he was now showing active symptoms he absolutely could not leave him. To top it all off he didn't quite feel like asking her for help either so the water bowl would have to do. Razor ripped a part of the curtain and dipped it in the cold bowl and wrapped it around the pony's head. "You'll be alright, please come with me." Razor said as he placed the fore left hoof of his patient behind his neck and lead him to the hay bails, and laid him down on his side. There wasn't much he could do without his medical bag, but he still had his magical medical knowhow, which was better than most. Still it wasn't a position he much enjoyed to be in, but the pony whom was responsible did feel remorse and was worried about... "Mocha..." as odd as the doctor thought that nickname was for 'Voroni Fractal' it was oddly fitting. "You are exhibiting the symptoms of a concussion. You should be fine with a bit of rest. I'm going to use my magic to alleviate some symptoms and give your healing process a jump start." Normally the doctor would ask consent, but considering the state of him he was not in a position where he could make such a decision and treatment to get him on his hooves again was an anesthetic spell and a blood flow spell that would also excite platelets and other healing factors, to help with the headache and the brain injuries whatever they were. No doctor could honestly tell what exactly happened, but this should speed up the healing the doctor thought. When the spell was finished he could only hope that his patient was able to hold a better convorsation than before... "Now I hope that helped. Will you allow me to do a full examination? If not I could refer you do a doctor at Canterlot General or Canterlot University Hospital." Naturally he hoped for a positive answer. While he waited he looked over at Moondancer, slightly guilty over ruining more of the newly revamped guild hall. But there wasn't much he could do... Mocha needed a cold compress and that was the quickest way for him to get it... He could always apologize when Mocha was able to move around better, but Razor was unwilling to leave his side unless something else went awry...

Celestia

Celestia nodded at Pocket Change, though somewhat surprised he didn't take note of her response to help him, nor of the insinuation that he could get more intimate tutelage from his special somepony. But no matter... Moondancer's reaction to Tia's joking was about what she expected. "Do you mean to say stories of Twilight's exploits at school would be unwanted?" Celestia said jokingly "But of course if you wish for me to tell every pony about that transmutation spell you tried that one time, I'm sure I could oblige Moondancer." Celestia said to Moondancer quietly with a giggle. Truth be told she wasn't really planning any of that, at least unless expressly asked of course. Celestia had much experience in magic, from tales of her own short comings to tales of her and Star Swirl the Bearded... Even the earliest exploits that she and her sister had. She did not need to embarrass anypony to teach in fact she preferred not to alienate anypony.

OOC: If anypony wishes for Celestia to take the podium she would not be opposed, and all would be needed is some pony to ask *looks at Pocket Change and Nocturne*. Naturally she feels no inclination to take the stage without invitation. Also seeing as Razor needs to treat Java, he will not be taking the podium, though I suppose he is already 'showing off' his magic in a way.

D3OSPzi.png

Well. Royal disaster averted, it seemed.

At least for now.

As it was, most of the ponies seemed to be taking the Element of Honesty's surprise speech rather well, considering they had all been expecting a purple Alicorn instead. Luckily for Moondancer, no pony stormed out at the switch - probably, the appeal of meeting a near celebrity had kept the more perturbed from leaving, even if she only gave a long-winded speech that had Nocturne tuning in and out somewhere 'round the middle. A few - the familiar Professor Hoofcourt, for one - even moved closer to speak with the orange Earth Pony, though Nocturne sincerely hoped that they would move their conversation further away from the podium.

Or maybe not, since the podium remained empty and blithe and all around uncaring.

Pocket Change's seething presence appearing next to him, however, was a bit of a surprise, considering that the white stallion maintain a perpetual smile on his face whenever Moondancer was within even a league of him. Something that needed further investigation, at a later date. For now, Nocturne snorted low under his throat, feeling only a little bit guilty at the pleasure of his friend finally seeing things his way. "And make sure you steel-line the walls," the dark-colored unicorn added, with another glare shot towards the brown unicorn from earlier, who still couldn't be bothered enough to summon anything more than a passing disinterest in the mess she'd caused.

Perhaps she was dull, and simply couldn't summon any more emotion than what she was currently showing. Ponies like that were rare, but they existed. The brain worked in fascinating ways, after all.

Momentary wonderings put on hold, Nocturne turned back towards the podium, eyes sliding over towards Moondancer and Princess Celestia, who seemed to be in deep cahoots with each other. His eyebrows scrunched a bit lower on his head as he watched the two, briefly wondering why Moondancer wasn't asking the Princess to take the stage and offer some words of encouragement or wisdom to the group. Or even perform some spectacular magic, for crying out loud. Maybe she simply didn't wish to impose the Princess - though who would be imposing, Nocturne hadn't a clue, seeing how the Princess seemed completely amiable to standing around a guild opening.

Still. The empty podium still sat empty, and some ponies were beginning to shift around restlessly. Nocturne felt his tail give a light twitch, before he glances at Pocket Change from the corner of his eyes, gaze half-lidded. "Well? This is your guild," he half-informed, half-asserted, pale gaze flickering over towards the podium as he took a step closer to his friend. Nocturne didn't give the white stallion any more time to think about it though, and reached up a hoof to give Pocket Change a firm and strong shove from behind, effectively sending him forward to fly free of the throng of ponies, right in front of the podium.

If a spotlight had suddenly lit up and fallen on the white stallion, he couldn't have been more obtrusive, and Nocturne determinedly kept his facial expression neutral, only raising a slight eyebrow as he waited to see how Pocket Change would continue on his and Moondancer's guild opening.

• 2 weeks later...
aes37n.jpg

"Huh?", the white coated stallion glanced back at Nocturne Wisp, "This isn't Moony, or Razor's, or even my guild, it belongs to all of us. Well, the guild. The building used to belong to Nivial, but she 'gifted' the lease when she moved on. I think...hey!" As Pocket Change was hurried along by his old friend, something dawned on him! Did he properly answer Princess Celestia’s question? He did thank her, but was that a proper response to Equestria’s reigning monarch? "We shall talk after the event, your majesty.", he let out before nearly colliding head on with the podium in the process. That was probably not as dignified as he had wanted it to be. But there were just far too many distractions about, and the stallion was easily distracted. And Nocturne could have at least used his magic to gently glide the white pony forward! Hopefully this push did not leave an embarrassing hoof-mark on his backside.

Oh for Starswirl's sake, Pocket realized he would need to show off his magical prowess! He was a decent spellcaster, but his spells were not very flashy at all. And while he had learned a few light illusions in the past, most of his magic was more of a practical variety.  Useful spells to help with his archeology and his studies. He did not know how to teleport, or even how to throw fireballs around! Maybe he should think about the smaller spells.

Trying his best not to look completely unprepared, Pocket made his way behind the podium. "I've noticed during my studies, once an unicorn learns his or hers basics, they tend to bolt forward, hoping to progress towards more difficult spells. While it's good to keep one challenged, I found it also worthy to go back to the basics from time to time. Even the lowly cantrip or starting spell can be very useful when combined. For example, I'll start with a feather-fall spell. I'm not falling, obviously, but it does make its user as light as a feather." His horn was surrounded by an

faint green glow. "Then a simple gust cantrip. It's an easy spell to automate.", the light wind centered on the stallion caused him to gently float nearly to the hall's high ceiling. "And then a silent light illusion to give me wings!", a pair of impressive wings appeared on the stallion who actually looked like he was flying, or at least hovering in mid air. While his wings made no sound, they did appear to be lifting him up from the ground. "To even increase this illusion's potency, you can also summon a second gust away from you to enhance the illusion that your wings are actually real.  I did something similar a few Nightmare Nights ago. But made myself look like a dragon. Nearly scared the cutie marks off my friends."

His horn lit up once more, causing his illusion to fade, along with the breeze spell. The formally airborne unicorn slowly drifted back down onto his hooves. "I could have used a more powerful spell to do all of those things at once, but it would have worn me out far greater than those little spells. Sometimes it pays to be creative with even the lesser of spells."

NEXT!

Upon finishing her short speech, Applejack had seen the magic guild take kindly to her speech, while some seemed to be a bit more distracted talking with each other, or whispering about something Applejack could not make out. But there was at least one inspired pony who came up to Applejack as soon as she stepped down, asking her all kinds of questions on her element of honest she has wielded since Twilight's intervention in her life. "Well, heh, I honestly don't know how to describe it. I always thought it was like regular unicorn magic feeling. Bein' an earth pony without the doodad and all, I don't know what most magic feels like. The kind of magic Twilight seems to think all earth ponies channel is kinda like a slow burn. Something about the dirt and harvestin' fields an stuff. If you ask me, I think we can all harness the element of honesty. You just gotta live a life of integrity and be honest with yourself and your efforts. Ain't nothing like a honest day's work. Twilight helped me find out that that's not just an old sayin'. It's an actual payoff of the kind of magic all ponies can cast."

"Tirek's experience was terrifying, to be, well... to be honest."
Applejack held her face to her forehead, a little embaressed how often she inadvertantly says the word 'honest'. "In the end that magical rainbow power was pretty spectacular, and ended up proving that friendship provides the most powerful magic in Equestria. But I truthfully hope that never happens again, heh." Applejack chuckled, and then leaned in for a whisper. "Hey so, I see some pony showing off his magic as in a showcase. Is this some kind of show and tell?"

Archived