EPIC (Equestrian Protection and Investigation Command) OOC

I like the idea of multiple groups for multiple missions. Night Watcher can technically be in any group but feels more at home near Canterlot as this is a place she knows. I don't think many characters that are signed up know her so she can fit in with anywhere.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So while we wait for glorious leader to make a decision on what missions to start, thoughts:

Maretonia- So, we're going to Kastrot. Going there we would be best served by sending an all-unicorn team, or at the very least, a unicorn-led expedition.

Briefing in Saraneighvo- Glorious leader and the other top leaders hammer stuff out. Who should it be?

Whitescar- Randgrid leads, correct? Who does she want to bring?

I think it's actually less a briefing and more a planning session, looking at current information and figuring out what can be done or needs to be done next, while the other groups conduct their investigations.

And while I'm here, Naj would be willing to go anywhere, though she might have only limited use to the planning group.

I assume that Briefing will happen before the other two, chronologically? Otherwise some members would be excluded - by logic.

The idea is to not have the whole team appear in a thread since we have so many members.

Ice Storm would probably either go to Maretonia or to the briefing. She is not usually a mare that goes into things without a plan if it can be avoided, so any briefing that she can get to better her knowledge of upcoming situations and missions she would jump on.

If there is a briefing to be had, then that is where Ice Storm is. I doubt that any missions they would get sent on wouldn't have a briefing of some sorts, as said, she's a mare that likes to have all known information so she can properly assess how to handle what variables arise.

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Razor Wind (AKA: Raz)

Link to the sign up sheet:

http://www.canterlot.com/topic/16903-razor-wind-ready/#entry405370

Skill/Talent: Aside from his mastery of heavy weaponry and unarmed fighting, Raz is a world travelling adventurer. As such he knows plenty about survival, setting up camps, and has some extensive knowledge of many exotic places around Equestria. His Dungeon Delving also often has had him face to face with some various types of dangers ranging from bandits to ancient trap mechanisms, and as such knows how to spot any triggers for said traps.

With his mercenary work as well Raz could certainly call in some favors from a few folk 'round the Equestrian expanse, and even has made some friends with other unique talents that could prove useful in a pinch. The addition of being a member of the Freewings pirate crew also has him well versed in maritime travel and has made him several, sea and air faring allies he can seek out for specific help.

Why join?: Despite being a powerful fighter, seasoned adventurer, and a member of a pirate crew Razor is a very peace loving and happy individual. Despite combat being his talent his passion is in the travel that comes with his work, otherwise if a fight can be avoided he will attempt to do so. The Freewings were also not a malicious group of swashbucklers but rather a group of old time, free spirited friends who wanted to adventure and travel together.

All of this leads to Raz being a jovial as well as helpful kind of Pegasus, and though he was not present for the attack on the Crystal Empire he most certainly heard about it, and immediately wanted to help in any way he could. Seeing violence of such nature urged him to find a way to protect Equestria from future assaults, and with his skills EPIC seemed the best route to take.

Not exactly being of high profile would give the Pegasus the aforementioned Anonymity that is required. Overall he simply wants to help fight back against WRAITH in the best way he possibly can, perhaps as a way to make up for his inability to help at the time of the attack.

Still open. :) Fill out the application in the OP.

So, fearless leader Tom, what shall we do?

Wait! I Thought Hugo was the fearless leader. I know Magi plays Tom, but Magi isn't even involved in EPIC! 

*takes cider away from Steelpony* NO MORE FOR YOU!

So let's sum it's up.

We will have three different threads at the start. One in Maretonia, other in Whitescar, and the final one in the EPIC HQ correct?

And as much as I would like to throw Squall straight into the action, I feel it would be more logical to help discuss things in Saraneighvo at first. He still in need of establishing the false identity and despite his personality is quite politically savvy. Bringing him into discussion over the table would be nice change of pace (not to mention I would like to see how his relationship with Dex would turn out).

Wait! I Thought Hugo was the fearless leader. I know Magi plays Tom, but Magi isn't even involved in EPIC! 

Tom accepts this new position and will offer all of his leadership skills to ensure justice prevails.

Afterall, he has the drive. The rock-solid determination to protect Equestria, and the love of his life, who resides within its boarders.

Rarity, he will not let you down!

2uqp3iu.png

Right now we are looking at 3 teams of 6, including Hugo. 

As it is right now EPIC HQ would have Hugo, and 5 others. I agree that having Swift there would be beneficial since it would be wise to not only keep him under wraps for now, but also to figure and plan out his place (and create a cover story/name) I was also thinking of placing Maud here as she is probably very good at reading maps and giving insight on topography. 

Rangrid would be most beneficial to go to Whitescar, as she would be able to direct and lead as a caribou in her land. Though she might not be a leader type it would still be less suspicious if a princess of whitescar was leading a group from Equestria around than any other. 

I'll look through the roster today and divvy up the teams as best as I can. I'd like to say having Alexa go to Maretonia. But that's a whim. 

Right now as I see it (and subsequently as Hugo sees it) These are primarily reconnaissance teams. The ponies who are in HQ he'd want to be those that would be able to give insight and build plans. Everyone else needs to be divvied up into what makes the most sense, but each team should be balanced. Having those that can fight, but also those that can do decent research or be beneficial for the area they are in.  

Yes he is. As for the threads- Pathfinder could work on any team. Her experience and insight as an adventurer could be useful to the team at home as well as Maretonian expedition and the Whitescar team.

Well, as I've said before, Icy would most likely be at the HQ briefing, as she doesn't go into anything without any knowledge on what's going to possibly transpire if she doesn't have to. If there's intel on a situation, she wants it.

Raz in that case would probably be at briefing as well, and he'd be a help in exploration and getting help from unlikely places in most teams. For now though, yeah he'd be getting info on what to do and where he probably should go.

Archived