EPIC (Equestrian Protection and Investigation Command) OOC

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 hours ago, PrinceBlueblood said:

I'm on board for this!  Chipper Demise can help with the cure/treatment research, and Halvard is willing to lend a hoof to the capturing of the berzerk.

Got it! Will add chipper to the cure concoction team list!=3

3 hours ago, RainbowPony said:

Skyhaven would be down for helping find a cure and protecting those working on a cure in case bad guys appear :D

Ditto for SKyhaven!

39 minutes ago, Dunder said:

Dunder will help fight off any WRAITH! 

So the thread to protect the water supply, has Dunder in it!

13 minutes ago, tacobob said:

Fire Walker would have to see this plan fail! :x

and now Fire!

I was planning on bringing Rose into the WRaith fight too but not one hundred percent sure yet... there'd need to be a really tough combatant there for her to go up against :)

Original post with edits

Just now, Pretzelpony said:

I was planning on bringing Rose into the WRaith fight too but not one hundred percent sure yet... there'd need to be a really tough combatant there for her to go up against :)

1 minute ago, Pretzelpony said:

there'd need to be a really tough combatant 

1 minute ago, Pretzelpony said:

a really tough combatant

*Attempts to push Dog into the fight, but can't budge the brute and gets a caved-in face for his trouble*

Swift Squall of course will be part of this (although his presence in Whitescar will be completely unrelated to this mess). This time the noblepony will be unfashionably late to the party. I will leave it up to you where would he go.

Also - beware. Swift may have very little restraint for whoever he would face.

18 hours ago, Ciraxis said:

Swift Squall of course will be part of this (although his presence in Whitescar will be completely unrelated to this mess). This time the noblepony will be unfashionably late to the party. I will leave it up to you where would he go.

Also - beware. Swift may have very little restraint for whoever he would face.

Since There's no voulnteers for the capture of the infected I'll stick him there, but since you say he may not restrain himself he will likely need a partner, after all. The Infected need at least two ponnies in order to retrain them. I should probably remind you that most of them will likely be carpenters and tradesbou and not warriors. Anyone interested in helping save some innocent caribou from bringing about the ruin of their clan while in their berserker rage? =3

Is there some way my Cyclone Guard could fit in this thread? She can definitely hold her own in a fight, but in terms of power she's essentially a normal guard with no particularly remarkable capability; so I really doubt she'd make much of a difference. But I am interested in the premise and wanted to hear your thoughts.

10 minutes ago, Eventide said:

Is there some way my Cyclone Guard could fit in this thread? She can definitely hold her own in a fight, but in terms of power she's essentially a normal guard with no particularly remarkable capability; so I really doubt she'd make much of a difference. But I am interested in the premise and wanted to hear your thoughts.

Well what I'm hoping to do with the capture threads is hope to encourage the people in them to think up different ways to restrain the individual infected they are dealing with. Even some for the more experienced adventurers of any land will have trouble dealing with these. So instead of trying to just run up to one of them and beat them into submissions, try adn think of unorthodox pragmatic ways to defeat a problem you can't just power through with the raw power you possess or lackthereof,

In regards to you regular guard joining in EPIC that is Steeleagle's call. And don't worry about your guard not having something flashy to use against them, I like to think that even an average pony with no special destiny can still ,make a great difference. Besides I'm sure the guard would help somepony learn good ways to defend themselves against an oponent who's stronger than they are, 

THe question is is ther a place you'd prefer to go in particular?

I'd like to throw Naj in with the infected-wrangling group.  She's got training in unarmed combat, as well as a few other tricks to help subdue people when she has to take them down without causing permanent damage, and I think she'd be in a unique position to try and reign in Squall.

4 hours ago, Eventide said:

Naj I've generally characterized as an ordinary soldier who ended up in some extraordinary situations, and she's made it into EPIC, so it's definitely possible for a more 'ordinary' character to be successful in this regard.

I'm pretty sure EPIC has close ties to the REG anyways, so it would make sense for them to bring in guardsponies to assist as needed.

Ice Storm would definitely want to be there to help defend, and help where ever that she would be needed. Since Whitescar has an abundance of Ice, it would play into Ice's magical attributes of her element and would allow her to suffer less fatigue over a longer duration of magic. Sign Icy up for a support/defense role

19 minutes ago, DerpRavener said:

I'd like to throw Naj in with the infected-wrangling group.  She's got training in unarmed combat, as well as a few other tricks to help subdue people when she has to take them down without causing permanent damage, and I think she'd be in a unique position to try and reign in Squall.

Naj I've generally characterized as an ordinary soldier who ended up in some extraordinary situations, and she's made it into EPIC, so it's definitely possible for a more 'ordinary' character to be successful in this regard.

I'm pretty sure EPIC has close ties to the REG anyways, so it would make sense for them to bring in guardsponies to assist as needed.

You make a very good case! Naj shall be with Squall to keep him in check from his own anger towards the caribou.

19 minutes ago, IceStorm said:

Ice Storm would definitely want to be there to help defend, and help where ever that she would be needed. Since Whitescar has an abundance of Ice, it would play into Ice's magical attributes of her element and would allow her to suffer less fatigue over a longer duration of magic. Sign Icy up for a support/defense role

Are you alright with icy being in the capture thread as well? She will need a partner of her own too.

13 minutes ago, Pretzelpony said:

Are you alright with icy being in the capture thread as well? She will need a partner of her own too.

Yeah, that's perfectly fine by us.

Alright then. :) Well, I'll be unhelpful and say I've no preference. But Cyclone's not in EPIC, and since they and WRAITH appear to be central to the fight for the water I figure the plain choice with her would be handling the infected caribou. If she's a Shepard, they must be the frenzied Krogans... :blush:

On 4/26/2016 at 10:34 PM, Eventide said:

Alright then. :) Well, I'll be unhelpful and say I've no preference. But Cyclone's not in EPIC, and since they and WRAITH appear to be central to the fight for the water I figure the plain choice with her would be handling the infected caribou. If she's a Shepard, they must be the frenzied Krogans... :blush:

I don't believe it's too late to ask Steeleagle if she can come in. But Hurray! More infected volunteers! 

As for the infected themselves I should should probably give you guys an idea of what they are like. I should point out your characters will only be given a small amount of information about them since the infection is recent and not fully understood.

The infected have sort of specializations thatkeep them from being all the same based on how the caribou was before they were transformed. For example, bulkier caribou who don't fight all that often will usually be something like a tank/damage sponge and will require a great deal of effort even from strong magic users to pacify. A caribou whose livelihood was a proffession like a courier or messenger is likely be incredibly fast and difficult to hit but will likely be relatively easy to pacify when attacks or otherwise actually land on them as their healing will not likely catch up. Ordinary caribou who have their default build will be stronger and faster than usual but not to the same degree as the previous types, instead they will likely focus on hitting as hard as they can and allowing the healing magic of the curse to knit them back together, however becaus e of how hard the healing curse has to work to keep them together it raises their temperature so dramatically that it is hard to get near them without feeling as if you're walking into an open fire.

At the end of the thread certain members of the team, (depending on how fast they can travel or what we work out regarding that) will face off against the very first of the infected, likely a warrior who will have some combination of the straights listed due to having honed and trained most of their lives rather than the tradesbou and civilians the capture groups have been facing.

Out of curiousity, those who have volunteered for the capture threads would you prefer to play your "opponent" yourselves or would you prefer to have another player play one instead?

I think the unforeseeable, different element with another player bringing the other characters to life makes the game more exciting, but I don't know how easy it would be to find someone to control the NPCs, unless you'd do it?

On another site I play on, there are dedicated gamemasters but people also often trade peer GMing, so they each have a thread in which one of them plays their character while the other controls events as the GM. Alternatively there's the system where everyone plays their character in the thread, and GMs for the person who posted before them. I don't know if this is comprehensible, but I discuss it to see what kind of solution works. :blush:

Oh right, there was a question there that we should answer, isn't there.

I'm kinda torn actually.  Ordinarily I think adversaries should have at least one dedicated player who should control the NPCs, but that’s already the case for the group that is stopping WRAITH's plan directly.  Afflicted individuals meanwhile probably don't need someone to organize them, in some respects that’s opposite to how I would expect them to function.

I would be happy to manage the infected my character encounters, but I think it bears mentioning that I expect it'll be an easier fight that way, and that thread/part of the thread will be more about investigation and interactions between wranglers.  The combat may end up downplayed, though that itself might not be a bad thing.  I would be fine with it, I enjoy investigation threads.

Alternately, I or someone else could try running all of the infected.

On 4/28/2016 at 5:16 PM, Eventide said:

I think the unforeseeable, different element with another player bringing the other characters to life makes the game more exciting, but I don't know how easy it would be to find someone to control the NPCs, unless you'd do it?

On another site I play on, there are dedicated gamemasters but people also often trade peer GMing, so they each have a thread in which one of them plays their character while the other controls events as the GM. Alternatively there's the system where everyone plays their character in the thread, and GMs for the person who posted before them. I don't know if this is comprehensible, but I discuss it to see what kind of solution works. :blush:

On 4/28/2016 at 6:32 PM, DerpRavener said:

Oh right, there was a question there that we should answer, isn't there.

I'm kinda torn actually.  Ordinarily I think adversaries should have at least one dedicated player who should control the NPCs, but that’s already the case for the group that is stopping WRAITH's plan directly.  Afflicted individuals meanwhile probably don't need someone to organize them, in some respects that’s opposite to how I would expect them to function.

I would be happy to manage the infected my character encounters, but I think it bears mentioning that I expect it'll be an easier fight that way, and that thread/part of the thread will be more about investigation and interactions between wranglers.  The combat may end up downplayed, though that itself might not be a bad thing.  I would be fine with it, I enjoy investigation threads.

Alternately, I or someone else could try running all of the infected.

Honestly that's not a bad idea Derp ravener... could give the infected a bit of personality behind them and for lack of a better word "Humanize" them in the eyes of their captors. These are just craftsbou and other things who have families of their own. May make more sense story wise too and make the thread seem more like a solid story too. 

However I should remind you the infected are to be incredibly hard to fight regardless of the types that you run into. Think of them like a Soulsborne boss. You can kill them on your own but it will take time and trial and error... but in this case error would likely mean death :P But that is the reason Nopony will be going in alone and why I'm grouping people into teams.

In response to both your and Eventide's worries I have been seeking out someone with dm and rp experience and they've said they're willing to join us in this and play the infected you run into. I'll ask her if she'd like to add a bit of investigation segments in the earlier parts of the threads so the time when you fight and capture the infected it has more dramatic weight. 

I might bring the caribou in charge of this operation in the start of the threads to give a briefing that could be applied to both threads or give it to our Wonderful volunteer, RainbowFoxxy! Rainbow and I will be discussing a bit about this idea more in depth and now that WWU is done we can more openly focus on this.

I know it's cannon. The Havel Armor was from Dark Souls. The thing is really rediculous though. It's made of stone, stupidly heavy, but protected you well enough that you could just stand still in the middle of a bossfight and not worry about dying.

56 minutes ago, moonshineTheleocat said:

I know it's cannon. The Havel Armor was from Dark Souls. The thing is really rediculous though. It's made of stone, stupidly heavy, but protected you well enough that you could just stand still in the middle of a bossfight and not worry about dying.

Unless they aim for the crotch.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived