Greetings and Salutations From a Newb!

RandomPony

Hello!  As you can see over to the left, my username is RandomPony, though I typically just like to be called Random.  I know some of you are already cringing, expecting me to scream about waffles or something, but rest assured that phase of life is behind me.  Far, far behind me.  I just like the nickname, and actually strive to be very coherent and communicate as best as possible with others!

I've been a brony since about midway through the first season, and have since made a few friends.  A couple of those friends love to RP, and I have seen a few of their shenanigans, and thought to myself, "That seems like a grand ol' time!  I wonder if I would be able to give it the old college try?"

And then I googled "Pony Roleplay Site" and came across here.  You guys have a lot of rules to get through before even introducing yourself.

As for best pony, I am loath to choose favorites of such a diverse and wonderful cast, but I have a soft spot a mile wide for the musical duo of Vinyl and Octavia.  Music is a very integral part of my person, and these two from different eras of music are important in that they are able to coexist as friends(and possibly more, depending on the fanfiction).

I am very new to roleplaying, though I have tried my hand at some fanfiction a while ago, so I hope I won't be starting from nothing.  I hope I can have a great time here, and look forward to interacting with y'all!

But waffles are good! :P

Welcome to the vast and diverse world of roleplaying though! And specifically the best kind of roleplaying, the pony kind! It's great fun, I can assure you of that, and I must agree that Vinyl and Octy make a terrific duo XD

And I'm curious, do you play any instruments? I play trumpet myself.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Ah, though I love music in it's many varied forms, I never had the drive (or the money) to pursue an instrument.  But seriously, pretty much any instrument costs a small fortune if you want to actually learn how to play it.

Although, I can pick out simple tunes on a piano.  I figured out how to play the Luigi's Mansion theme, and I was quite happy with myself for that!

Do you play professionally? Or is the trumpet more of a hobby? And have you played the trumpet for any sort of professional work?

Yeah, I know what you mean, my trumpet wasn't cheap by any means of the imagination, but then again it's a very nice trumpet so I'm not complaining.

And I don't. I played starting in middle school and then through high school doing marching band, jazz band, show band, the works, and now that I'm out of high school I play for my church sometimes. I sadly don't have a good enough microphone to record anything otherwise I would do some music for the fan works floating around. 

Aw, that would be nice of you! I know you can probably get some quality microphones for around $70 probably, but it's the acoustic foam to reduce that echo that really hits the wallet hard...  I built my own little sound booth in my closet with some acoustic foam for voice acting stuff in the fandom, and also some other small projects.

Yeah, though my contributions to the fandom are mostly behind the scenes. I'm the Lighting Designer for the MLP-MSP convention and the Sound Designer for the Fallout: Equestria Radio Play, as well as doing some minor voice acting parts for it. What projects have you been in?

To continue my muffin empire...

Welcome to Canterlot, a land full of magical talking ponies. Fortunately for you, most of them aren't trying to kill you. Most.

*Tosses welcome muffin* Take this! It's a welcome muffin, just for you.

*Starts humming Ode to Joy*

Good grief! I leave for a shift and suddenly I've got more responses than I can shake a stick at!  Well, I guess I'll address the questions, first.

What projects have you been in?

Well, I do some minor voice work for a fan studio called Pony in a Box, and I also help with an original podcast a friend makes called Stray Ami.  It's pretty fun!

And you sound like you do a good bit of work yourself!

Ah, I do believe you're the someone I spoke with in chat.

Quite possibly! Would you be Sundrop? (I think that was the name)

Ever tried making synthetic music from software?

I can't say that I have, and I'm sorry to say I don't have much interest in it. I love listening to music, and being able to play an instrument would be pretty neat, but actually composing music is far beyond my mental capacity.  You have my respect, though!

Tell me about some of your favourite music? :3c

Ah, well, I am most fond of epic orchestral pieces, fast-paced electric instrumental, and lost of electro-swing!  I still enjoy many other types of music, but those are probably what I would consider my favorites.

What would be some of your favorites?

And to everyone else who contributed and made me feel welcome, thank you so very much!  It was very nice of you all, and I look forward to seeing how some of you roleplay!

Well, I do some minor voice work for a fan studio called Pony in a Box, and I also help with an original podcast a friend makes called Stray Ami.  It's pretty fun!

And you sound like you do a good bit of work yourself!

Really! Huh, I know that the team I'm with, Equestrian Broadcasting Company does some work with them. We've traded some VAs back and forth.

Ah, well, I am most fond of epic orchestral pieces, fast-paced electric instrumental, and lost of electro-swing!  I still enjoy many other types of music, but those are probably what I would consider my favorites.

What would be some of your favorites?

Electro-swing is always a good call. I enjoy just about anything and try to avoid writing off any music based on genre. That said, jazz blues, ambient electronic, and OSTs tend to be my go-to music. Also anything broadway.

Electro-swing is always a good call. I enjoy just about anything and try to avoid writing off any music based on genre. That said, jazz blues, ambient electronic, and OSTs tend to be my go-to music. Also anything broadway.

"Ambient electronic" makes me think of this.  I'm not sure it technically counts as electronic, especially since the description advertises a trance website, but I thought I'd show it since I actually enjoy the piece, and it'd be neat if I introduced it to someone else who could also enjoy it.

I've heard a few jazz songs, and they can be pretty cool and wild, but not much of it really stuck to me.  OSTs though, those are wonderful.  My music library is primarily composed of various soundtracks from movies and games, as varied as the soundtrack to How to Train Your Dragon, all the way to Super Smash Bros. Brawl's record breaking soundtrack.

And I've actually only recently been introduced to broadway songs. Properly introduced, at least.

Archived