Christmas Loot

Rosewind

Good gravy. It's only 11:00 in the morning, what are y'all going on about? xP

I've only gotten through my stocking. I won't open anything else until later today. #tradition

Good gravy. It's only 11:00 in the morning, what are y'all going on about? xP

I've only gotten through my stocking. I won't open anything else until later today. #tradition

Italian tradition is on the 24th. I opened all my presents yesterday. (seriously every Italian family I know celebrates Christmas on Christmas Eve)

That said, basically I can describe everything I got under two basic categories... Star Wars and NY Rangers.

Art tablet

microphone stuff

apparel and other knick-knack stuff

!!!DVD VERSION OF INSIDE OUT!!!

candy (well-considering I collected all them candy canes from the past few weeks)

A game called Scribblish (still have no idea what it is.  It's from Cranium, so it should be fun to play.  Hopefully.)

Man... Y'all make me feel like I get a ton of stuff. I guess that's a side-effect of having such good relationships with my parents, two brothers, sister, brother-in-law, grandpa, and (local) best friends.

That being said, it's not like I got anything too expensive. The most expensive thing was probably the floor lamp. Or maybe the Vans shoes. Really don't know.

So aside from those things, I got some great stuff including:

Relient K album 'The Bird and the Bee Sides' ( the one album I missed from my collection )

Two Steps from Hell album 'Battlecry' ( featuring my favorite song of all time, and maybe just might be my favorite album of all time. SkyWorld by Two Steps from Hell is my other favorite album x3 )

Monstercat T-shirt ( SCORE! )

Various fancy shirts and a blue graffiti hat from mygraffitihat.com that says 'Minty' ( I have a thing for style if you don't know )

iPhone power bank ( been needing one )

Inside Out ( one of my fav Pixar films x3 ) ( edit: the greatest Pixar film, and one of my top ten movies of all time <3 )

And last, but most definitely not least... The Princess Bride. ( sheer perfection )

So I can officially declare my Christmas a success when it comes to belongings, though it would have been just equally as awesome just getting to be with my older brother, sister and brother-in-law. I don't often get the chance to see them, so it was just a total blast, and is continuing to be so as I speak! ( or type if you will ) x3

Merry Christmas y'all! x3

P.S. - Oh yeah. Mario Kart 7. Bring it.

Pair of new headphones, Rocksmith 2014, some MLP figurines, a five-headed dragon incense burner with some myrrh incense, a mini fridge, some socks, underwear, a couple of teeshirts, and tomorrow when it arrives in the mail (or should) a friend mailed me a WiiU. Also got Binding of Isaac Rebirth/Afterbirth as an early gift. And got A Wizard's Lizard and Hunie Pop today, once Steam underps and lets me accept them.

Random clothes. (So. Many. Clothes.)

Two new phone chargers. Two! What, do they think I break them monthly or someth- Oh, wait. I do...
A super-comfy black jacket! Score!
Terraria! 
Monaco! 
Seven mystery gifts from my irl friends in League of Legends, but honestly, I'll probably have to gift them all back... *Stares at wallet.*

... See, this is what happens when you have insane friends, mixed with an insane Steam sale, and an insane League of Legends sale...

Not that I'm complaining!  ;)

(Some of the following are presents officially for my Mom, which we both happen to enjoy)

Band of Brothers DVD set

Age of Ultron

Star Wars Rebels Season 1

Ahsoka Tano & Darth Vader action figure 2-pack

Lightsaber lamp

A Higher Call - book

New motherboard & memory thingy

Aviator sunglasses

& Misc. stuff.........

Mainly I got clothes this year. 

For CDs I got Abney Park "Circus at the End of the World" and Trans-Siberian Orchestra "Tales from the Labyrinth."

I got the "Little Pony Drawing Book" by Lindsay Cibos. This will help me to create more dynamic poses for my characters! Yay! 

Other than that I got money, a Barnes and Noble Gift Card (Squee!), and candy! 

Yo-Kai Watch

Super Mystery Dungeon

New headphones (the ones I like always break :roll: )

Some clothes

I used to break headphones every 3 months or less until I started paying more than $100 for them (and doing due diligent research on them). 

I used to break headphones every 3 months or less until I started paying more than $100 for them (and doing due diligent research on them). 

Well when my mom bought them, she got some kind of support for them for 2 years. So hopefully if anything happens to these new ones (which I'm LOVING) it'll hopefully be fixed/replaced/repaired/whatever.

:unsure:

Erm...and I broke the ones that were >$100 :(.  And it was a good brand-too. 

A full belly and not freezing to death is pretty much all I can ask for right now. I'm grateful for it.

A full belly is unavoidable if you have a real Christmas dinner. As for not freezing to death... That's a good wish. Please don't do that. It hurts.

Erm...and I broke the ones that were >$100 :(. And it was a good brand-too.

I hear you. Most of my headphones I've lived with pretty much sucked-- my two best pairs before my current headphones were actually ear buds. (I will still argue that those ear buds weren't bad at all though)

My current pair I have is and older product from Monster called 'Inspiration'. They have extremely nice sound quality, and if you have a couple batteries you can also have very good noise cancellation. The noise isolation is not too shabby either. (WARNING: DO NOT TURN UP THE VOLUME TOO LOUD WHILE THE EXTRA SOUND CANCELLATION SYSTEM IS AT WORK! THIS MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE EXTRA SOUND CANCELLATION SYSTEM!) (Heck, it probably isn't healthy to blast your music at full volume through them anyway)

I bought them at half price for $160 due to the fact that they aren't the newest things from Monster (as far as I know). But they are still great-- like, very comfortable. That's coming from a guy who wears glasses. (glasses make any pair of headphones uncomfortable. At least my glasses do)

I'm no expert on sound quality or equipment, but usually the more expensive headphones are more expensive because they are simply better. That's what I find at least; don't go and buy just any expensive pair before doing some research and checking out some constructive reviews. (I didn't do that because I was on vacation. Maybe I lucked out xD)

P.S. - If you know anyone who produces really good quality music, or is a sound-enthusiast, or is a sound designer, or just straight-up has a job in testing sound systems; try to gather their input on anything you might want to get. That information could be valuable.

Erm...and I broke the ones that were >$100 :(.  And it was a good brand-too. 

Headphone advice of the day to those who cannot not break headphones. Do yourself a favor and invest in Sennheiser HD25-1 IIs. They are practically indestructible. Runner up would be Audio-Technica M50s. Following that would be V-Moda XS (Or M80, same basic headphone just... one folds the other doesn't). (V-Moda's sound impressive on the box, but the plastic they used for the wing plates can fracture if any screw is too tight)

If you want in ears best bang for buck tough in-ear is Shure SE215.

My two current active headphones are (in-ear) Aurisonics Rockets (built like tanks). And V-Moda M-100s. The former I got from Kickstarter for $100, the latter I got through EIP (Employee Incentive Program) for $90. I have several inactive headphones which are basically backups should anything unforeseen happen to my two active ones, but considering how long I've had each of them, I doubt that will happen any longer unless I get a dog and it decides to destroy them...

Also, Toothpaste, I recall the Monster rep coming to my job and showing me the Inspirations, they were good. The ANC was the weakest part about them. Passive isolation was fair though. Sound quality was decent as well, they just weren't what I was looking for at the time (I have found what I was looking for, but the cost of what I was looking for is too much for me right now lol)

• 2 weeks later...

I got a PS4 with Star Wars battlefront, 2 t-shirts, a pair of jeans, some socks, lord of the rings trilogy blu-Ray, an HD TV, monster hunter four ultimate, Pop vinyl figures of iron man and 70-year old Harrison Ford (okay, so it's Han Solo from Star Wars episode VII), 1989 Batman movie, superman, superman II, Superman returns, both spongebob movies on Blu-Ray, all three Godfather movies,Indiana jones Raiders of the lost ark, temple of doom, and the last crusade, plus, a bunch of Nintendo eshop money, $20 of iTunes, and last and probably least, a deadpool poster.

Archived