Canterlot Event Ideas!

Kudalyn

Hey bronies! Throw ideas for events at me please!

We'd love to hear ideas from you guys on what kind of RP events, special events, or contests you'd like to see on the forum!

ANYTHING you guys have, toss it here!

:P

Well, it'll be hard to top the Grand Galloping Gala, but how about a Ponyville County Fair? A fair complete with such things as rides, food and games (on the midway), pie eating contests, a parade and a grand barn dance too!

How's that for starters?

I love the fair idea. Very original and FiM-friendly.

I would love to see RP events or 'competitivYe' RP threads involving the Running of the leaves, Pegasus flying competitions, and maybe even an Iron Pony Competition held at its annual location Sweet Apple Acres.

These types of threads would be inclusive of almost everypony who wants in. However, the challenge is organizing such a massive RP and figuring out a way of measuring the competition without contaminating it with favoritism and game mastering.

I've been wanting to start such threads, but I need help with ideas on how to do it.

What do you think?

In all seriousness, a "fun" event just happened. Perhaps an event that proposes challenges for the ponies, along the lines of the Parasprite invasion.

Ooh! A big mystery? Something shady happened (like an apparent theft, or proprty destruction), and nopony knows the whole story, just little bits and pieces. And everypony has to work together to figure it out.

In all seriousness, a "fun" event just happened. Perhaps an event that proposes challenges for the ponies, along the lines of the Parasprite invasion.

Ooh! A big mystery? Something shady happened (like an apparent theft, or proprty destruction), and nopony knows the whole story, just little bits and pieces. And everypony has to work together to figure it out.

Like a forum wide game of Mafia? lol

Like a forum wide game of Mafia? lol

That might not be easy to do unless you had someone who 'god-mods' the thread so that all participants would be directed towards solving the actual mystery as opposed to just creating it 'on the fly'.

This idea COULD work if either of the Princess sisters were DIRECTLY involved in 'guiding the traffic'.

I don't know, I could be wrong.

Ooh, a scavenger hunt!

I figure the big equestria-wide events are supposed to have some degree of admin/mod/celestia oversight, aren't they?

Not necessarily. We'll be watching the RPs, as usual, but generally they'll be run similar to the Grand Galloping Gala, where a special event is occurring rather than simulated.

How abot Summer Warp-up? I know the ponies have got their Falling leaves race but they need toget redy for the amutumn and than for the winter. Oh and we would need a song for it like the Winter warp up has it's own song.

How about Moondancer designing contest? Well we know there is a pony called Moondancer lives in Canterlot but we never seen her so I think it would be a good cdrawing contest idea.

• Like 1

Two great ideas came from the chat room tonight!

1. An "Equestria's Got Talent" event with celeb judges and many pony performers!

2. "Ponystock", a big three day long concert with many performers and a HUGE audience!

How about these?

It might not be a good idea but here it goes...

The Extreme Flyers Showdown

Where not only pegisis ponies compete, but also it includes young flying dragons, griffins, any other 'rational' flying creatures. (probably creatures that would show up at Senior Summer Flight School, whatever it was called.

This competition will be an extreme Grand Prix for flyers all over Equestria, maybe beyond Equestria!!

Pretty cool and actiony right?

Yeah...That's all I got so far...

Good Idea??

OOOOOoooOOOoooOOHHHHhhhhh!!!!!! This is an event for the website...I really need to understand blogs more...lol

Well i think it's a good event! the fly boys need some thing to do. :blah:

Umm...perhaps for the artists around here, there could be a monthly Character Theme, where artists band together and create ponies based off of said theme, and put them on display in a special Gallery. For example, I've been creating pony designs all based on different kinds of cocktail drinks! :wink: So much fun, and it would be something for a smaller demographic here. Something for the RPers to enjoy while their events are going on, too!

• Like 1

Umm...perhaps for the artists around here, there could be a monthly Character Theme, where artists band together and create ponies based off of said theme, and put them on display in a special Gallery. For example, I've been creating pony designs all based on different kinds of cocktail drinks! So much fun, and it would be something for a smaller demographic here. Something for the RPers to enjoy while their events are going on, too!

Totally love it. Accepted. I will totally implement this right away, and create a special site gallery for artists to upload to each month. I'll arrange this when I get home!

• Like 1