SEASON 2 VIDEO CLIP RELEASED

BaconofChaos

http://www.wired.com...eason-two-clip/

We now know what discord looks like and what he does.

If you don't want it spoiled, don't look! (but it's minor anyway)

My thoughts:

Wow. Um. That's kinda... creepy. He magic'd off their wings and horns o_o. That's actually scary. Especially for Twi and Dash. Their horns/wings are part of who they are. Imagine if someone magically removed your ARMS and said you wouldn't get them back until you played his "game". I am so psyched for the new season and yet I'm now somewhat terrified ._. Also, is Dischord some kind of dragon, or maybe a chimera? Interesting.

EDIT: Also, that voice: It's Q

Blargh, I guess it's more appropriate to have a new topic about this.

My thoughts:

Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Twilight and Rarity all get turned into earth ponies. Kinda re-enforces the concept that earth ponies are the weaker of the 3 main pony races. :/

I like the subtle reference to Fall Weather Friends - after Discord takes away Rainbow's wings, he nudges Applejack, saying: "I simply took them to ensure there's no cheating".

Apparently, the mane six lost the elements, as they are searching for them. (Unless they already have them inside of them like before but they don't realize it until the end. :geek:)

Discord is a lot smaller than I imagined. I thought he would be Steven Magnet-size or dragon-size, but he's hardly bigger than Celestia.

Blargh, I guess it's more appropriate to have a new topic about this.

Ah, I didn't check the screenshots thread before. But yeah, I think it's best that this has it's own thread.

My thoughts:

Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Twilight and Rarity all get turned into earth ponies. Kinda re-enforces the concept that earth ponies are the weaker of the 3 main pony races. :/

I like the subtle reference to Fall Weather Friends - after Discord takes away Rainbow's wings, he nudges Applejack, saying: "I simply took them to ensure there's no cheating".

Apparently, the mane six lost the elements, as they are searching for them. (Unless they already have them inside of them like before but they don't realize it until the end. :geek:)

Discord is a lot smaller than I imagined. I thought he would be Steven Magnet-size or dragon-size, but he's hardly bigger than Celestia.

Yeah, I agree about Earth Ponies being seen as inferior. On the plus side, this should really give AJ and Pinkie time to shine.

Thing about the elements is... Aren't THEY the elements of harmony? Unless Discord somehow took that too.

Also just because he's small doesn't make him any less threatening. He's small and goofy but with those powers I'd be pretty scared of him. And probably very annoyed too.

So Discord's Q now. Odd but... fitting.

It stands to consider this game the ponies are playing are for the Elements of Harmony. Discord's likely whisked them away to some place and the ponies have to do challenges to get to them. For instance, go through what looks to be a hedge maze.

... also Discord's Q now.

Ok... I like that guy. He is win. And I'm so tossing dibs on him for cross over RP! :20: he is mine!

Heh, you may well have a fight on your hands for that! He'll be dead popular. I'd love to play a crazy villian like that, but I just don't know if I could pull it off with the right style.

I wonder if he'll stay past the two-parter though.

Heh, you may well have a fight on your hands for that! He'll be dead popular. I'd love to play a crazy villian like that, but I just don't know if I could pull it off with the right style.

I wonder if he'll stay past the two-parter though.

I well murder your flank to play him. :blah:

MUST.....NOT......CL-*clicks link*

well,

*watches*

hmmmmm, not bad, if anything the voice could have been crazier, BUT we really must see him before we really know how much he scores on the madmen (mad.....thing?) scale

ISITSATURDAYYET?ISITSATURDAYYET?ISITSATURDAYYET?ISITSATURDAYYET?ISITSATURDAYYET?ISITSATURDAYYET?ISITSATURDAYYET?ISITSATURDAYYET?ISITSATURDAYYET?ISITSATURDAYYET?ISITSATURDAYYET?ISITSATURDAYYET?ISITSATURDAYYET?ISITSATURDAYYET?ISITSATURDAYYET?ISITSATURDAYYET?

edit: lol I broke the page

Well that was interesting.

He appears to be an amalgamation of all sorts of creatures, a Frankenstein creature of magic, which probably explains his name. I do enjoy his voice, its devilish but not over the top.

Despite his Frankenstein appearance (or maybe because of it) his threat comes from what looks to be possibly alicorn level of magic and a very sophisticated intelligence.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE! *grabs pistol*

Hahaha! Oh god I'm going to die ._.

No your not, it's not like I used revolvers all my life and can hit a can form the hip... Oh hold on I do have years under my belt and can hit a can form the hip... Ya your boned. good luck! :blah: May the best man win, but I well call 911 before hand for you.

Just woke up to this.

tumblr_lka8k04gW71qjxtmio1_250.gif

Well, he's not super badass scary like we'd kinda hoped, but heck, as mentioned, he's got all that power. I guess there's no need to be badass when your actions speak for themselves.

I was actually hoping for a fun villian, and Discord takes the cake!!! I never expected wings and horns to be taken.

Like Dash would say Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygost....

Well I'm kinda diasappointed because the info I got about Discord will be an evil winged unicorn. Oh well it still seems to be very very exciting episode since the main six ponies will really need to show a great teamwork to have a chanche aganist Discord as earth ponies until they'll be able to get back their wings and horns and they'll be able to use the element of harmony.

I can't wait to see what kind of random actions will Pinkie do

This just makes me even more excited for Season 2 and about Discord as a villain. He hits at another villain archetype, and I'm really glad it's not just another Nightmare Moon. Him being a more whimsical villain doesn't make him any more threatening or scary either. If anything, even more so, though maybe that's just me, since I immediately thought of Kefka from FF6, and then the Joker. Obviously Discord won't be as dark as those two characters, but seeing just the slight glimpse of Discord's character gets me excited.

I am surprised anyone is disappointed they went the more whimsical, magical creature route rather than some straight up "Dark" villain. Did people forget what show they are watching? Anything "dark" people saw were pure fan speculation in art. Instead of going with "oooh dark and broody and eeeevil" they have what looks like a villain that depends on being clever, as well as having incredible magic. Sorry Hot Topic kids.

Anyone notice he has a goat's head? I see that as a clever node to him being a Satan like character right there. It could very well mean he had nothing to do with Nightmare Moon, or if he did, it was through trickery and being swarmy.

Yeah, people expecting something grimdark probably got spoiled by the large amount of grimdark fictions, art pictures and also by Story of The Blanks (and other grimdark games).

I've read complaints about how Nightmare Moon was darker...really? I mean yeah, she was technically darker-colored but as a villain she was absolutely inept, as her actions actually CAUSED her downfall.

Discord shows more potential by being capable of, so far, taking away body parts by just thinking about it. And he's apparently already got the Elements, and is casually toying with the mane six that they have a chance to get them back, despite being theoretically capable of making them all disappear instantly.

Also, for those who thinks his design needs work, he might serious some time into the episode.

57606%20-%20Discord%20artist%3Aimp-oster.png

Discord thoughts:

Discord to me is more of an abomination than any grimdark looking pony. Look at the guy, he is the Equestrian version of Frankinstein. What chaotic magic or entity came up with this monster? To me, it makes him more interesting.

Have some Season Two pictures!

ILtNQ.jpg

h1zC.jpg

h1zn.jpg

Capture.PNG