Spitfire's a guy in Poland

Acynder

This has happened before in dubs of cartoons. In "Beast Wars", the Japanese dub turned Airrazor into a guy to boost toy sales to little boys. Since Airrazor has a romantic relationship with Tigatron, it made for some awkward moments for a kid's show.

But still, we have at least two bronies on this site are in Poland, you guys need to be complaining about this! :P

There are two male characters (sort of) on Monster High (a show that is explicitly about dating, and aimed at a similar demographic as FiM, maybe just a year or two older) voiced by a woman, and he's the main character's crush.

i honestly think that only people who explicitly think of shipping care. And even then, what does it matter?

hi hi

I've known some gal's with deep voices. Maybe not that deep, but maybe its just a side effect of all the high altitude flying? The thin air makes her vocal cords expand to compensate, so she sounds normal while she's up around 13,000 feet, but when she descends they are still larger than normal, producing a deep manly sounding voice.

There, problem solved. :)

hi hi

I've known some gal's with deep voices. Maybe not that deep, but maybe its just a side effect of all the high altitude flying? The thin air makes her vocal cords expand to compensate, so she sounds normal while she's up around 13,000 feet, but when she descends they are still larger than normal, producing a deep manly sounding voice.

There, problem solved. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGo8L56Sa7I

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :green:

• Like 1

There are two male characters (sort of) on Monster High (a show that is explicitly about dating, and aimed at a similar demographic as FiM, maybe just a year or two older) voiced by a woman, and he's the main character's crush.

i honestly think that only people who explicitly think of shipping care. And even then, what does it matter?

Sure, girls play guy voices all the time. It's a little different when it's a guy playing a girl though. Especially when they're not even trying to sound like a girl.

Sure, girls play guy voices all the time. It's a little different when it's a guy playing a girl though. Especially when they're not even trying to sound like a girl.

But why? I am not trying to be a jerk, but unless there are some serious "get back in your prescribed gender role" implications here, I just don't get why it's a big deal...

I actually think it's really funny when a cute little girly-looking character has a masculine voice.

Also, even if they DID change the gender of Spitfire, Hasbro is known to do this in foreign countries (In Italy in the 80's Gusty and Majesty/Twilight were guys, Gustavo and Re Unicorno respectively). With the same non-male look.

Matter is not about a "problem" or not, Spitfire like RD is supposed to be a mare, I'm somewhat sure that in Poland exist women, some of them would be even V.A.'s, Spitfire is non an everyday character, sure, they could just used a female V.A. (Or if R.D's is a guy, he would perform great as Spitfire) That means, they didn't even watched the original version and they didn't knew Spitfire is a female, or they knew and deliberately switched her to a guy. If last is correct, why? Are not women there expected to work? Well Rarity keeps a boutique, Applejack an Apple orchard... All them are guys too? The Simpsons in Arabia got all beer related scenes (all appearances of Homer Simpson) Censored for discording with Sharia. Perphars in Poland, aerobatics are banned for women, but Rainbow Dash is a mare/mare :-| I confused, I don't understand...

On my headcanon (yep I got a canon in my head) Polish Spitfire like in everywhere else is a Mare, but with raspy voice.

But why? I am not trying to be a jerk, but unless there are some serious "get back in your prescribed gender role" implications here, I just don't get why it's a big deal...

I actually think it's really funny when a cute little girly-looking character has a masculine voice.

There's a distinction between sounding masculine and sounding like a man, is the thing. I don't have a problem with tomboyish looking or sounding girls. But you should still be able to tell the difference between a girl, a guy, a girly sound guy, and a masculine sounding girl-which are four different types of voices.

Pretty sure that they voiced the character as a male accidentally. Or maybe they weren't paying attention to the fact that Spitfire seems to be the only talking female Wonderbolt. Or maybe they have a cultural thing where show performers and people who wear sporting jerseys are always male. Or maybe they just made a big mistake and didn't know what the hell they were doing. I mean, they are polish. :roll:

EDIT: AJ's rolled eyes face makes my statement look mean, lol.

• Like 1

There's a distinction between sounding masculine and sounding like a man, is the thing. I don't have a problem with tomboyish looking or sounding girls. But you should still be able to tell the difference between a girl, a guy, a girly sound guy, and a masculine sounding girl-which are four different types of voices.

Tell that to Geddy Lee (of Rush) circa 1973. :D

Eh, no more strange that Sin Goku in the Japanese Dragonball Z series is voiced by a woman, and he is Japanese martial arts equivalent of Superman.

Spitfire is still teh hotness, although part of it is her English voice actress.