What if an MLP movie...

Tenkan

False rumor. MLP isn't Barbie guys. A movie? Maybe. A movie coming to theaters? No.

I second this. Unless FiM burns itself out before it gets canceled (or they make a 4.5/5th gen by then) I'm almost 100% sure there will be at least 1 movie, given the record of past generations of MLP. However, I highly doubt it would make it to the cinema. (On the other paw, no previous generation of MLP was this much of a phenomenon, so I wont completely rule out a theatrical movie, but I'm betting against it)

Now if it *DID* happen, I would be shocked, and thrilled. Mainly because that would be an indicator of just how big it had gotten (bonus points if it's rated PG instead of G - though given how lax the G rating truely is, it would be had to make a 'standard' FiM that went past it (look it up, you can even get away with light cursing, drinking, and/or smoking and get a G rating!))

Now whether I'd pay to go see it in a theater is another matter, since I'm not a big fan of theaters... though depending on several factors I might go anyway just to support the franchise and add 'well one more adult came' to the tally.

It would probably be a straight to DVD release, not because it would suck, but because of the target audience size.

I can't help but think how awesome it would be to watch the midnight showing of a FiM movie with a theater full of enthusiasts, though!

There's been one official in theaters MLP movie, in 1986...but there have been a TON of direct to DVD movies, especially in generation 3.

I am not sure I'd want to waste my money watching a flash-based movie on the big screen though. Animation tricks would be glaring.

Movies are for good shows that were prematurely canceled, have jumped the shark, or have been off the air for decades.

What would you gain form a movie that we can't get from a multipart episode?

The strength of a TV show is that you gain so much more character development than you can over the course of a movie. The strength of a a movie is that you can pull off an epic in just one viewing. We aparently get an epic at the beginning of each season, and they do not represent the show well. Back when I cared about Inuyasha, I watched the movies, and most of them were just long episodes, except that nothing from the movies was allowed to mess up or advance what was already going on in the show. They were thus really depressing.

• Like 1

Season 2 will supposedly have 28 episodes, and the last 3 are a multi-parter apparently. If true, that's about the length of a Direct-to-DVD movie right there.

Sounds like when South Park did their 'Imaginationland' three parter. Stone and Parker, the creators, later said it was basically another movie, only on TV in three separate parts.

---

And if they did make a FiM movie, I agree with most and say it'll most likely just be a straight-to-DVD thing. I'm personally indifferent to the notion of a film. If they make one, I'd watch it. If they don't, oh well, I still watch the TV show, and that enough.

Season 2 will supposedly have 28 episodes, and the last 3 are a multi-parter apparently. If true, that's about the length of a Direct-to-DVD movie right there.

It's only rumoured right now, though.

I don't think so. Where did you hear that?

One rumor was that 24 new episodes are being made for season 2, which was actually true, since the first 2 episodes (Return of Harmony) were already made.

I would love to see an FiM movie, especially on the big screen. I just hope that if a thing were to happen, the same studio who did the show will still be in charge, especially since they know what we want to see most of the time. If they got an entire new staff sent from Hasbro, it could be another MLP LIVE. e.e

Considering that Hasbro is a big company, and HAS released movies in theatures that are targeted towards little girls, I'd say It's probable, though I think Hasbro is still paranoid about their profit and how they market things after the financial failure of G3.5 (and yes, even the little girls hated G3.5 according to a friend of mine who's been a fan of MLP before G4).

I think It's easy to say that if it were released in theatures, it could be a financial success as long as bronies aren't closeted. It would also be a good way to meet up with other bronies.

I really wouldn't mind too much either way. I don't think I'd actually drop money to see it in theatres. No matter if it was what we'd expect or quite literally the most rediculous personal fantasy plot ever with my favorites doing stuff as some kind of crazy super-team.

What? Who wouldn't want to watch Fluttershy, Spike, Big MacIntosh, Hayseed Turnip Truck, Mr. Fancypants, Soarin', Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Luna, and Rarity go head to head against Skeletor, Shredder, Apocalypse, Dr. Ivo Robotnik, and Mum-ra's combined evil armies?

I really wouldn't mind too much either way. I don't think I'd actually drop money to see it in theatres.

FiM is exactly the kind of thing I would buy a ticket for to pad the numbers and support the show. I would probably take my best friend's 6-year-old daughter. I would invite the parents too, but I doubt that they would accept.

hi hi

Jump up and down and say "yes yes yes!"

It could happen, I mean, Power Puff Girls got a movie in theaters. But I doubt it'll happen... And anyway, I suspect that if they did make a movie, they'd probably get less interference from corporate if it went straight to DVD. If it went to theaters, they'd probably have to do product placement or insert pop music or something awful like that.

Guys. Pokemon. Pokemon is geared toward the younger audience. (8-13 roughly) and almost ALL of their movies made it to theatres. If FiM gets big enough, I am POSITIVE a movie will be in our future. Maybe at the end of Season 3?

The possibilities are endless for the animators, as the yget more than triple the normal timeblock to animate. Not to mention as many effects, and characters, and lines as they want. If it's in theatres, we could see bigger stars in the movie. As a lot of big stars lend their voices for animated movies. I'm sure we could all come up with our own movie plot ideas, but I'm sure they could make something GREAT! Because of the size of the brony community, this would be a great way for everyone to meet new bronies. $7 a ticket even, I'd go. And Hasbro would make TONS of money off of it. They don't have to make it much different than the show, because THIS is the show we all love. We don't need shipping or R-rated content, leave it as it is. Something like a 4-part episode, but with more of a cinematic feel to it. And then, 6 months later, release it on blu-ray.

I'm sold. MAKE THE MOVIE PLEASE!

I wouldn't mind a Flash based movie! Maybe with their bigger budget, we could see more detail in their builds. Sure, identical models make for easier animating. But with money, Applejack could be stockier and Rainbow Dash could be slimmer and Pinkie Pie could be a chubbier, etc etc.

And head on they could look a little better, and the transition form head on to side would have more frames.

*walk up to ticket booth and orders a SINGLE Ticket.... like a boss*

In all honesty, i dunno... I would probably rent it, or buy it online before i saw it in theaters, just cause i dont like the theater that much... but i would find a way to see it.

Really? You don't like the theater? Is there a reason beyond the cost? Because if it were not for cost and avialability, I would want to see everything in the theater. Watcing with large groups in an emersive environment is great.

Really? You don't like the theater? Is there a reason beyond the cost? Because if it were not for cost and avialability, I would want to see everything in the theater. Watcing with large groups in an emersive environment is great.

Price and convenience are my two big one's i'd say... I just dont like being pressured to get somewhere on time, and sometimes i like to step away from a movie or show to fiddle with something else for a bit. Lately i dont think i've watched a single movie on Netflix from beginning to end without stopping it and going off to do something else for a bit before coming back.