Organized matchmaking service! [Open Again!]

So for some reason the words 'shipping by popular opinion' popped into my head out of nowhere. Half an hour later, I have a scheme that may or may not fall flat on its face entirely. We'll see, we'll see.

ANYHOW, here's the idea! Basically, it'd be a matchmaking service of sorts, as run by a small handful of ponies whose duties are mostly keeping track of applicants, helping to arrange blind dates between compatable ponies, and figuring out who is right for who! These characters would be kept to a small handful, and will probably be invite-only to avoid a beareaucratic mess.

Applicants, however, can be anybody! It's open to any mane-RP character to apply, once I get the thread up and running. How that'll work can be in one of a few ways : either a quick RP wherein the applying character visits the actual offices, which will probably just be an open thread (unless there are too many people, in which case several threads), a letter written by the character to the matchmaking service, just as a sort of drop-in thing, or people can just PM the players directly and ask to have their characters in the roster of matchables!

From there, matches would be decided upon in-character, possibly through a log you guys can read if such things interest you, and from there either one of the matchmakers could start a blind date thread, or simply infom the players/characters of a match found and leave players to come up with their own thread.

IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A MAIL-IN APPLICATION, SIMPLY GO TO THIS THREAD, FILL OUT THE APPLICATION GIVEN ON THE FIRST POST AND POST IT IN THE THREAD.

http://www.canterlot...ns-thread-open/

Oh yeah, this is basically going to go on until I get bored of it and close it entirely, which could take a really long time cuz this is fun. So, go ahead and apply!

• Like 2

I asked a few mods, and thus far I've not received anything beyond a 'for the love of celestia keep it g-rated' which I am entirely capable of doing, so I -think- I should be good.

EDIT :

Dio thinks it's a good idea, robikku's fine with it, so until I get word otherwise I'mma assume it's fine.

This sounds like a really fun idea.

I think a couple of my ponies definitely might sign up.

Edit: Just noticed the OP said I was supposed to specify which ponies would likely be in.

Radiant Steel, definitely; she's a romantic with no dating skills at all. Snowfall, maybe; she struggles to find solid relationships. Possibly even Midnight Brand, if Hopesong gets a little bold and signs her up.

So for some reason the words 'shipping by popular opinion' popped into my head out of nowhere. Half an hour later, I have a scheme that may or may not fall flat on its face entirely. We'll see, we'll see.

ANYHOW, here's the idea! Basically, it'd be a matchmaking service of sorts, as run by a small handful of ponies whose duties are mostly keeping track of applicants, helping to arrange blind dates between compatable ponies, and figuring out who is right for who! These characters would be kept to a small handful, and will probably be invite-only to avoid a beareaucratic mess.

Applicants, however, can be anybody! It's open to any mane-RP character to apply, once I get the thread up and running. How that'll work can be in one of a few ways : either a quick RP wherein the applying character visits the actual offices, which will probably just be an open thread (unless there are too many people, in which case several threads), a letter written by the character to the matchmaking service, just as a sort of drop-in thing, or people can just PM the players directly and ask to have their characters in the roster of matchables!

From there, matches would be decided upon in-character, possibly through a log you guys can read if such things interest you, and from there either one of the matchmakers could start a blind date thread, or simply infom the players/characters of a match found and leave players to come up with their own thread.

I'm not actually going to start the IC threads up just yet, but I'd like an idea of who'd be in with which characters on this madcap experiment!

Idea: People can RP meeting with the service if they want, but no matter what, they need to PM their 'biography'. Likes/Dislikes/Physical Characteristics/Whatever else/One Paragraph biography.

The second part can be where the applicant tells you what they are seeking.

You match them up and then PM the 'couple' with the other's information.

No names are used.

...I think I wildly underestimated the speed at which this crazy thing would become populated, the actual matchmaker pony only got written up a few hours ago. Now I feel bad for making everyone wait until she's accepted before I can get this started!

One of the reasons I reccomended doing things in the proper order in the first place! :smirk:

...Technically I did! I just didn't get the timing right. >_>

This sounds really interesting to say the least! would their be time restraints on when you could sign up? Because while I would like to do it as soon as possible, I'd just want to see a solid system be set up before I jump headfirst into this. No offense, the system DOES seem good, I'm just a cautious person ^^;

Hmm... who to pick out of my OCs?

I think I'll go with Sky Flare and Guiding Light for starters.

Note that Guiding Light is a colt, so his would be more of a school crush thing.

Ok let's not turn this into a random youtube video page. Tales - ha, I laughed. Very very appropriate.

Lux, um... not so much pal, sorry.

Furthermore, Lux, I don't think it's all that appropriate to sign up pre-adults for a dating service, so I'm going to have to refuse guiding light right up front.