Voice Actors You'd Like To Have On FIM!

Who would you like to have on the show for a guest character? I would like to see...

Bruce Campbell: If someone had to play Rainbow Dash's dad, he'd be perfect...And maybe Lucy Lawless as her mom.. :blah:

Phil Morris: Very busy actor for both voice and live action. Just check out his IMDB list. He's in a ton of stuff. And if you've ever watched TV, you've probably seen or heard him before. He's a major comic book geek appearing on just about every comic book show as of lately. During a rather slow day at work, I actually was able to stop and have a lengthy conversation with him and he was very cool. A guy you'd want to get stuck sitting next to in an airplane since he's lived such an interesting life. He's good at everything, but he's really good at playing mystic type characters. If they ever did a "Flashback" episode, he'd be perfect for "Star Swil The Bearded'.

George Takei: Just a cool old dude. He's gonna be 75 years old tomorrow? Has also done a ton of voice work. He even did a voice-over for Hub recently. He'd be cool for anyone..

Anyone else have any favorites?

Bruce Campbell as VA? Oh my gosh xD George Takei would be hilarious, and my inner geek would LOVE to see him here, as strange as it would be.

Personally, I'd like to see more of John De Lancie because I love his voice, but his voice is far too recognizable for him to do anything BUT Discord again. I'd also like to hear Steve Blum. I have no idea what Steve Blum could possibly voice in MLP (maybe a villain or crazy awesome hero), but look at the man's list of VA credentials. It spans a mile, and he's probably one of the most recognized voices for male characters in the modern day. If it isn't Nolan North in a video game, chances are it's Steve Blum.

And speaking of "If it isn't X then it's Y", Jennifer Hale needs a role. Flip a coin when watching a cartoon where the female character has a familiar voice. Heads, it's Tara Strong, tails, it's Jennifer Hale. That, and being a Canadian-produced show, it can't be THAT hard to get a Canuck on board :P

WOW. I was thinking of both Blum and Hale. Both are very busy voice actors and are full of awesome, but I wanted my list to be small. And I loved Takei in Adventure Time. He can really do anything, from the goofy stuff to serious (Which he needs to do more!). He was one of the few good things about Heroes..When it was on...And John De Lancie has announced that he will be back on the show.

After having played Mass Effect, I will have a hard time seeing Jennifer Hale as anyone other than Commander Shepherd...

That said, I am still waiting on Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime) and Frank Welker (Megatron) to make an appearance, considering the Transformers franchise is also owned by Hasbro. Cullen made an appearance in G1 MLP... as a giant crab. Look it up! It's pretty funny!

Morgan Freeman definitely!

James Earl Jones would be awesome (Darth Vader, Mufasa, etc.)

Also Christopher Lee would be awesome!

• Like 1

Frank Welker was also on MLP! According to Wikipedia he was in the "My Little Pony" movie. Playing "Bushwoolie #3" and "Grundle".

And Christopher Lee is great..But Christopher Walken..Or even James Woods..Considering MLP has a version of the 'Underworld'.

I love Morgan Freeman and all, but as a voice actor for animation?

Jeremy Irons.

Best.

Villain.

Voice.

Ever.

I dont care WHO he plays, give him any villian and he will make them the best villian the series has ever seen!

• Like 2

Jeremy Irons.

Best.

Villain.

Voice.

Ever.

I dont care WHO he plays, give him any villian and he will make them the best villian the series has ever seen!

Heck, Jeremy Irons as a hero is good. See: Brom in Eragon, aka the only decent acting in the entire movie.

Gilbert Gottfried would be great, because Iago. The guy does wacky stuff.

On the vein of wackiness also? Robert Williams. Prefferably as a Genie. That would be fantastic. :I

Wallace Shawn. Because Grand Negus / Vizinni / Rexx / Ezra voice is just so iconic of bumbling neutral/evil subpeon.

Also the guy who voiced Megabyte. Oh, wait, nope, he dead.

Also the guy who voiced Megabyte. Oh, wait, nope, he dead.

Tony Jay was an AWESOME voice actor. He played some of the better bad guys...

Wouldn't mind seeing David Warner. He's also very good at playing baddies as well.

I'd love to hear Jennifer Hale on the show. She actually does a great British Received Pronounciation voice (Bastila in KOTOR and Mazzy Fentan in Baldur's Gate II), and she would make an excellent Canterlot unicorn with that voice. Her Shepard voice would be great for a royal guard pony, too.

Ugh. That's one of these things I always hated about Dreamworks animation. They pick the voice actors with the biggest NAMES they could splash on their posters. Not the actors best suited for the roles. And the names tend to look down on animation and pro voice actors. I caught a remark from Tara Strong during an interview where she and many other voice actors weren't too keen on a comment made by Chris Rock, where he pretty much belittled their art.

http://www.examiner....comments-quotes

"“I hate when people go on TV and tell you how hard it is to do animation … No, UPS is hard work. I’ve done some animation … It’s the easiest job in the world. I go in a booth and I go, ‘what’s the line?’ And the guy goes, ‘it’s time to go to the store.’ And I go, ‘it’s time to go to the store!’ … And then they give me a million dollars." -Chris Rock

Ugh. That's one of these things I always hated about Dreamworks animation. They pick the voice actors with the biggest NAMES they could splash on their posters. Not the actors best suited for the roles. And the names tend to look down on animation and pro voice actors. I caught a remark from Tara Strong during an interview where she and many other voice actors weren't too keen on a comment made by Chris Rock, where he pretty much belittled their art.

Hay, did I mention Chris Rock? I think the voice actors from Shrek have interesting voices. I really don't care how important they think they are :P.

Nah, he's just an example of what many 'name' actors think of voice actors. And that bit where he said that African Americans can only do 'zebras' is utter nonsense. AA voiecactors like Phil LaMarr and Phil Morris play everything and everyone. LaMarr currently does the voice of Aquaman for Young Justice. He's also played Wonder Man on the Avengers...To name many..