Was anyone surprised or shocked when it looked like Twilight made a mistake of accusing Princess Moria Cadenza.

Then came Celestia with an upset face saying, "You have a lot to think about, Twilight Sparkles."

Snap, it made me raise my eye brows to its limit.

And eyes bulging.

http://www.hasbro.co...cfm?type=videos

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet! The full version of "Love is in Bloom" is now released!

...WOW. That's all I can say!

Somehow I missed this when you posted it... and it's not on the site anymore (unless it's listed someplace odd) but it's on Youtube still (and I'm downright offended that people wanted Dashie's voice edited out!)

Also...

There's been a lot of discussion recently on what Cadence's power really does... I had a thought...

When you first fall in love with someone, everything is sunshine and rainbows, but then after some point "the honeymoon's over" as the old saying goes, and things slow down... perhaps Cadence simply rekindles that initial feeling that everypony has when they first fall in love - no "mind control" or "changing people's feelings" just reminding those she uses her power on of exactly what they loved about their mate in the beginning, bringing back the first feelings.

When you first fall in love with someone, everything is sunshine and rainbows, but then after some point "the honeymoon's over" as the old saying goes, and things slow down... perhaps Cadence simply rekindles that initial feeling that everypony has when they first fall in love - no "mind control" or "changing people's feelings" just reminding those she uses her power on of exactly what they loved about their mate in the beginning, bringing back the first feelings.

I actually read that dating someone gives you the same feeling/high as if you were on crack. No joke.

So if the Changelings took over, would that result in eternal day?

Luna was still free. Possibly, she could do both.

And changelings taking over, for how long? A complete victory would have decreased the love and happiness until it could no longer sustain the vast heard, and they would have to move on.

Luna was still free. Possibly, she could do both.

And changelings taking over, for how long? A complete victory would have decreased the love and happiness until it could no longer sustain the vast heard, and they would have to move on.

I doubt that once they found Luna they'd let her remain free.

Also, since I think feeding off love drains the host, they would feed until that pony died if they could. So they'd probably wipe out ponykind, eventually.

I doubt that once they found Luna they'd let her remain free.

Also, since I think feeding off love drains the host, they would feed until that pony died if they could. So they'd probably wipe out ponykind, eventually.

You know... this was my argument many pages back or on a different thread talking about all three major villains. Of the three Discord is the only one that didn't want total destruction of the world. Nightmare Moon would have destroyed all life in Equestria with eternal night, Chrysalis would have wiped out pony kind and destroyed the town in the process while they were feeding on the love, and Equestria would also likely fall into chaos since they are a society of love and kindness)

Chocolate contains a chemical called phenylethylamine, which is a naturally-occuring amphetamine that produces the feeling of being in love. I think Cadance's horn infused both lovers with a magical form of this substance.

• Like 1

If something happens to Celestia and Luna some other force must be able to handle day and night duties. There was after all a day and night cycle before they took over

I thought there was Discord before they took over. :scream:

If something happens to Celestia and Luna some other force must be able to handle day and night duties. There was after all a day and night cycle before they took over

Yes... because all the Unicorns were working together to raise and set the run and moon (Hearth's Warming Eve episode). They aren't as unified now. :P

Yes... because all the Unicorns were working together to raise and set the run and moon (Hearth's Warming Eve episode). They aren't as unified now. :P

I think that if something happened to both Celestia and Luna, the unicorns would figure out a way to get the sun and moon moving again. The problem in "The Elements of Harmony" wasn't just that Celestia was gone, but that Nightmare Moon was keeping the moon up and the sun down, and no number of unicorns would be able to override that. Similarly, neither Celestia nor Luna, nor every unicorn in Equestria, would have been able to stop Discord playing havoc with the sun and moon in "The Return of Harmony". With no interference from immortals, I'm fairly sure Equestria could handle things.

I think that if something happened to both Celestia and Luna, the unicorns would figure out a way to get the sun and moon moving again. The problem in "The Elements of Harmony" wasn't just that Celestia was gone, but that Nightmare Moon was keeping the moon up and the sun down, and no number of unicorns would be able to override that. Similarly, neither Celestia nor Luna, nor every unicorn in Equestria, would have been able to stop Discord playing havoc with the sun and moon in "The Return of Harmony". With no interference from immortals, I'm fairly sure Equestria could handle things.

But in the case of the Changelings, I think all the ponies would be too busy running for their lives or hiding out to become unified enough to change night and day.

Nightmare moon threatens eternal night. Will ruin ecosystem. She's EVIL.

Discord makes days, nights random. Will ruin ecosystem. He's not such a bad guy.

EXPLAIN THIS, DISCORD DEFENDERS.

Lookin at YOU Stars Wirl!

Doing something that will destroy the world does not make you evil. Knowing something will destroy the world, but doing it anyways is evil. Not that I'm making a judgement on Luna or anything.

Discord makes days, nights random. Will ruin ecosystem. He's not such a bad guy.

EXPLAIN THIS, DISCORD DEFENDERS.

Lookin at YOU Stars Wirl!

Oh we are going to do this again?

Aside from my two theories of why the Ecosystem doesn't get destroyed under Discord, we KNOW it doesn't get destroyed. How do we know this? HE ALREADY RULED EQUESTRIA! Yes ponies were miserable, but they were living, which would not have been possible had the ecosystem been destroyed while under his rule.

Now as to why... I have two theories... The first is that though he controlled night and day randomly, he still allowed for enough day for photosynthesis, and the natural order of life. Now perhaps creatures had problems with transitioning, but that doesn't mean that they would be unable to survive.

The second is that he controlled reality completely, including the ecosystem, thus the natural order of night and day didn't matter, as he was in complete control of how things worked. This would mean he made it so that the ecosystem would work in the chaotic world and thus life would continue, just in chaos instead of harmony.

We ruin our own ecosystem on a daily basis, knowingly. Are we evil?

What do you do on a daily basis that messes with the world rose? What does the average person do that they know is going to mess up the world?

What do you do on a daily basis that messes with the world rose? What does the average person do that they know is going to mess up the world?

From a conservation standpoint? A lot. I don't want to go too off topic with this, but the impact we make on our environment in civilized life is absolutely crazy and unsustainable.

Wake up in the morning? How much water and electricity do you use bathing, and getting ready for the day? Produce any waste at breakfast? Packaging, etc? What about the food you ate? Cereal, you say? That took production of corn, wheat, and sugar probably -- all of which needed to be grown via mass monoculture, with heavy pesticide and fuel use to harvest, process, and transport the grain before it's even processed into cereal, then transported again to the market, producing Co2 all along the way. You like milk with your cereal, mmm? Yeah...it's ongoing.

You have to get to school or work, right? More fuel use. Waste any paper today that didn't go to recycling? Some of us might be careful about doing that, but I doubt it is the majority.

My take away point is that modern society, at least in the US, is unsustainable, and we have a lot of challenges ahead. How does this tie in with my comment about us knowingly destroying the ecosystem? Think about it. We do a lot of things knowingly, but we have to care to make a difference and change habits that cause problems.

This topic needs a debate count, cause it's spawned so many different topics over its course!

Rose, I don't think your post is fair.

I could kill myself to stop expelling CO2 and using up the world's energy, but if everyone did that, it actually would be the end of the world. How do you expect scientists, engineers, biologists, etc to find the answers to the challenges of today if they are not allowed to use the resources that current technology allows?

Sure, some of the things we do are unsustainable. In the early days of modern Alaska, the riverboats were powered by burning wood until there wasn't a single tree within two miles of any shore along the routes of the boats. They didn't go on burning wood until they had destroyed the world. They found a new fuel. And the trees are back, by the way.

Silver, you missed the point. Economic factors determine how people do business. As the price of oil increases, people will naturally move away from the unsustainable direction. Something not being sustainable doesn't mean it will go on until the whole world crashes and burns.