Rainbow Dash Bed

Rosewind

Plushie's can go for like 5K give or take. This is a BED.

:-| :-| :-|

Wow, I had no idea, I thought like $700 was tops for a plushie...

If money was no real object, I'd build a scale Sugarcube Corner -- and yes, it would be a functioning bakery!

The question is wheather you'd make your employees dress as ponies, and wheather you'd be there dressed as pinkie ;)

I think it would be a bit of a landmark, and I'd find plenty of slave labor willing employees that would want to work there!

You can live in the basement, dAsh! We'll have lots of fun together for sure! :mad:

No bids on it yet, and it has like a day left. Interesting, that!

Yanno considering what people'll pay for custom plushies -- which can go for double that price or more -- I'm kind of surprised this bed hasn't picked up more attention.

Well apparently since the person stated that it does not fit a standard size twin mattress, but instead a 8" english twin mattress. That's a pretty big negative against them, seeing as how a search on google for exactly that, comes up with no results at all as to where to purchase said fitting mattress. In fact the only results are from the auction!

Seriously come on, if you make a special bed. Make it so it fits the mattresses everyone has. And I guess they didn't feel it was important to show us the purple head cushion either.

Seriously come on, if you make a special bed. Make it so it fits the mattresses everyone has.

The whole thing felt really weird to me. Why would you go to all the trouble of autographing every bracket if you just wanted to get rid of it on ebay?

The whole thing felt really weird to me. Why would you go to all the trouble of autographing every bracket if you just wanted to get rid of it on ebay?

I firmly believe from a philosophical viewpoint in my woodworking that the inside of a box is just as important as the outside of a box.

As such, I put all my heart and soul into everything that I do no matter how small, or if it will go un-seen.

Well apparently since the person stated that it does not fit a standard size twin mattress, but instead a 8" english twin mattress. That's a pretty big negative against them, seeing as how a search on google for exactly that, comes up with no results at all as to where to purchase said fitting mattress. In fact the only results are from the auction!

Seriously come on, if you make a special bed. Make it so it fits the mattresses everyone has. And I guess they didn't feel it was important to show us the purple head cushion either.

the problem was the purple head cushion at the time that I put it up was at my mother's house, and being that there was an argument between us at the time, I had to go without the pictures :(

Overall, I made some poor choices, and that's why it didn't sell, but i'll be damned if I don't get something rolling so that it will sell when I put it up again over the summer.

Going to offer a custom mattress or something because nobody can seem to find an English twin :x

Any suggestions on other things that I did wrong with the ad? cuz I'm sorta stumped right now.

Oh neato, I gather you're the one who made that bed, Calzone?

I've always said to myself if money was no object I'd commission myself an RD bed, and it was neat to see it was actually done! How long did it take?

I agree that the bed looks fantastic in design (hence the reason this thread was made to showcase it), but the execution/presentation -- not so much. I'm actually kind of surprised it didn't get any bids, but the mattress-finding difficulty probably played a big role in that. Next time you post it, it really should be a fully-finished bed -- perhaps even with the comforter and pillows seen in the episode in addition to the head cushion. Then I think you'll attract some very serious bids.

UKaHk.png

I've always said to myself if money was no object I'd commission myself an RD bed, and it was neat to see it was actually done! How long did it take?

210+hours

I agree that the bed looks fantastic in design (hence the reason this thread was made to showcase it), but the execution/presentation -- not so much.

Little confused here...?

like how I built it, what I used? how the bids went down?

there were problems in all of these categories, but I just wanna make sure it isn't confusion

I'm actually kind of surprised it didn't get any bids, but the mattress-finding difficulty probably played a big role in that. Next time you post it, it really should be a fully-finished bed -- perhaps even with the comforter and pillows seen in the episode in addition to the head cushion. Then I think you'll attract some very serious bids.

Going to talk to my mother about the sheets and a comforter over the summer.

also going to offer a new mattress (mine is old and stupid) for an additional however much the custom mattress is)

Next bed is going to be a full though. alot of people said they would have bidded if it was larger, which is why I made it an english twin.

an english twin is just slightly larger than a twin, so that the average brony (16-30y/o) could fit in it alone.

I'm really sorry I didn't get that headcushion up in time though...

Little confused here...?

like how I built it, what I used? how the bids went down?

there were problems in all of these categories, but I just wanna make sure it isn't confusion

Nope, not confusion -- I was alluding that the whole auctioning process is about presentation, and while the bed itself looked great, it looked unfinished with the lack of mattress and rather small, hence the lack of bids and my suggestion to make comforter/pillows to go with the custom mattress. It'll be way more expensive, but it will also attract more interest.

Nope, not confusion -- I was alluding that the whole auctioning process is about presentation, and while the bed itself looked great, it looked unfinished with the lack of mattress and rather small, hence the lack of bids and my suggestion to make comforter/pillows to go with the custom mattress. It'll be way more expensive, but it will also attract more interest.

Yes, I really want to do this, but with my family money is REALLY tight.

I'm sure that I will be able to land a summer job, and pay for it all with that including the sheets and mattress.

Calzone, what were your primary motivations for making it in the first place?

Uhmm, on another forum, we were discussing S2E16: Read it and Weep, and Cinna said that somebody should make that bed, and after that moment (the night the episode premired) I could not for the life of me get any sleep.

I was just thinking about that bed and how I could make it...

hell, if it was even possible.

It was a huge shot in the dark, and it is the first piece of furniture that I have ever made.

I spent the next 48 hours jotting down my ideas and pacing the floors, and on my woodshop day in high school, I talked to my teacher about it, and he laughed, but then I showed him my methods and how I had the whole thing planned out, and he told me "do it"

and do it I did.

I want to be a woodworker when I graduate, and having something in my work portfolio my junior year would and is helping me immensely.

It proves that I follow through with what I do.

I really don't think an Ebay auction is good place to sell beds. I can't imagine many people want to pay that much more for shipping.

Neither do i. I don't like paypal, but it was the best way to open it up to a bunch of people.

looks like I didn't get any bites, so I'm going to have to try something else.

Shipping's going to cost that much (350$+) no matter where you put it up, with the exception of local pickup. The idea was that people would contact me if they had any concerns through e-mail and whatnot, but I have yet to receive a letter.