[Sweet Apple Acres] 100 Country Kisses (Closed. NO Kisses Left)

Hippo

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Pathfinder.png

Every adventurer had their weaknesses, admitted or not. For Daring Do it was the orange striped spiders in the badlands that could burrow underneath solid rock and burst out from underneath her in all of their annoying arachnid fury. Pathfinder suffered from a much more perilous and all together dangerous weakness, one which plagued her from Manehattan to the very gates of Tartarus. Ponies made them and wherever you found a mare or stallion you were apt to find this most useful weapon. Against this she had little defense.

Foals, fillies, and colts; more dangerous than a thousand of those striped arachnids. They were an enigma wrapped in a board game wrapped in candy, so much fun and excitement in such a small package. And this one was so adorable, cutie an understatement for sure. She was just so...adorable! And that bow was to die for!

Her excitement showed, the combination of heart-rending adorable filly and the pulse-pounding possibilities of an hour long conversation regarding the good things in life causing her to smile wide. It was creepy, or at least Apple Bloom thought so. It was a highly uncomfortable situation. Applejack had just picked up like some sour apple on the ground and planted her in front of the weird pegasus as a stopgap solution to a problem that required a mallet. All Apple Bloom could do was nervously chuckle and hold her left foreleg with her right hoof awkwardly. Then things got fast.

"Your bow is adorable! Where'd you get it?"

"Oh, this thin'? Ah've had it since Ah was born."

"It sure is really pretty. Did your big sis wear it before you?"

"Naw, she don't like bows much."

"She seems more like a hatfilly to me anyway. So your name's Apple Bloom? How old are you?"

"Ah'm a big filly, almost old enough to be a mare Ah say!"

A chuckle punctuated by a accusatory, unbelieving face.

"Aww, you're still just a little filly!"

Apple Bloom shot a hoof out to Pathfinder, her voice risen and her face flush.

"Nuh-uh! Ah'm a big pony! I help 'round the farm and go on all sortsa' 'ventures. Ah can even hoop de loop!"

"You help out around the farm? Is your cutie mark like apple juice making or somethin'?"

"Naw, Ah'm still justa blank flank...but Ah'm gonna get mah cutie mark any day naw! Ah even have a secret club dedicated ta findin' it!"

"Oh? I know lots of secret clubs! The Eclipsa? Night Raiders? The Great Emperor Worm? Are you a Shim-Sham Supporter?"

"No! The Cutie Mark Crusaders!"

"Oh, cool! Tell me EVERYTHING!"

"Well, Ah was being 'vited ta a Cute Centerra 'cause a classfilly of mine had just got 'er cutie mark and Ah was all nervous 'bout goin' cause Ah was a blank flank and she was a meanie."

"Aww! I hate mean ponies. I remember this one pony who tried to turn me into a rock in the desert and it sucked. Did you know that unnaturally grown grass can be infused with evil magic?"

Everything around them was unnaturally produced grass, as Earth ponies were magical. Apple Bloom looked around in a moment of terror at the millions of blades of potentially tainted evil grass before she felt a tap on her back and turned around to an expectant Pathfinder.

"Go on!"

"Oh, uhh...umm, so Ah was really nervous and all and Ah tried doin' so many things ta get mah cutie mark and none of it worked so Ah had to go to the party without it. Ah was 'bout ready to get totally embarrassed by that mean filly when these two other blank flanks burst outta nowhere and made me feel betta 'bout mahself!"

"Just like Corral Sea Serpents!"

"Yes, jus- wait, what?"

"Continue!"

"Well, we got ta thinkin' and we all wanted our cutie marks. So we formed a club and've been searchin' for our cutie marks ever since, crusadin' and doing all sorts of things for our cutie marks."

"So cool! Hay, have you tried adventuring, fighting giant spiders, exploring ancient ruins or swinging on vines to escape pursuers?"

"Naw, we-"

"You should! Its so much fun being an adventurer!" Pathfinder started taking small leaps across the space afforded to her, looking entirely silly and overjoyed as she did so.

"You could get an adventuring cutie mark and go wherever you wanted and have all sorts of fun!"

Apple Bloom liked fun.

"That sounds perfect! Why, Ah bet Ah could be the best adventurer ever!"

"It's so much fun! Why, just last week I escaped a chamber of poison gas and poisoned arrows and poisoned water with poisoned housecats guarding a poisoned gemstone! I still have it!" Her hoof shot into her saddlebag and pulled out a sickly green gemstone that had the air of bleeding about it. Pathfinder regarded it with a manner of masked fear.

"Isn't it pretty?"

"It sure is!"

"Want it? It can be yours..." Pathfinder's eyes grew a duller version of itself as she extended her hoof slowly.

"Sure!"

Pathfinder shook her head and with great panic evaded Apple Bloom's outstretched hoof and tossed the gemstone back into the bag, the bleeding aura vanishing as she closed shut the binding of her saddlebag.

"No! No more from you, Gemmy. I can't show you to anypony without you trying to get away from me and do some weird things to them. Stupid enchanted gemstones, never know their place on a pretty necklace!"

"Err, what?"

"Anyway, adventuring!"

"Wait, what was all that about-"

"If you were an adventurer you could be just like Daring Do!"

"Who?"

"WHAT?!"

"Who's a Daring Do?"

Pathfinder fainted for a split second before catching herself and allowing her wings to carry her.

"Sweet Celestia Applejack, how can this filly not know who Daring Do is?"

"Wait, is she that seriul-cereal- that series of books, that character in 'em?"

"Yes! Yes! Yes!"

"You look just like 'er!"

"I do!"

Pathfinder struck a classic pose, mane in the wind and hearing only the sound of great orchestral flare.

"...You're crazy."

"Beg your pardon?"

"Nuthin'. But, err, yeah, Ah'm not allowed ta read those books on account of being a filly and them being a bit too violent. So they say at least," She motioned dismissively over to her family.

Pathfinder took this none too well.

"But- No- AHH- eeeek- bla-" Her random noises came equipped with random faces and movements as her mind spazzed out. Just as quickly as it started ot ended and she stood near emotionless.

"Just a second, cutie," Blank and featureless both her voice and face, Pathfinder calmly opened the saddlebag, inserted her head, closed the bag as much as she coukd, and screamed bloody murder into it. By some magic, the sound only escaped at the level of a whisper as the bag exploded in size. It opened and she, face just as expressionless but mane tangled all oddly. pulled out and closed the bag ever so well. So well that it was left mostly open for her hooves to dig through while she contemplated the heretics in front of her.

"Well, they are so wrong! Here is the whole series of The Adventures of Young Daring Do, which is about your age in range!" She blathered as she toom a series of ten hardcover books that she somehow pulled out of the saddlebag and plopped onto the stand in front of her with such force that it shook as if being hit by a magical force of great power.

"I'll tell you what- you can have those books and I'll take you on your first adventure tomorrow night!"

"Aww, but Ah gotta meet with Sweetie and Scootaloo-"

"Bring them! Bring all your friends!"

"Really?"

"Yes! It will be a really fun adventure, and I think there's only a few lethal traps this time!"

Apple Bloom trotted in place in excitement and closed her eyes in anticipation as Pathfinder allowed herself a moment to look around and saw her enchanted gemstone rolling away. How the hay?

"Gemmy!"

She chased it down, the gem physically trying to pull away from her as she hoofed it off the ground and started cantering back to the saddlebag which stall sat on the ground.

"Gemmy, stop trying to run away!...No, I'm not gonna do that! I said no already! Now get back in the saddlebag and look pretty!"

She tossed the demonic gemstone back into the saddlebag and closed it tight before putting it back on, just in time for Earth Writer's question to come up.

"Nervous? Not at all! I'm just so excited. Such a change of pace from my normal routine of eating wild berries and being chewed on by some celestial beast!" She chortled with delight, slapping him on the back perhaps too roughly as she allowed herself to crane over to Applejack and the elders.

"I hope you have enough apples, because these are my final bits and I'd hate to have to spend them on something like a raspberry. Those don't taste very good."

• Like 1

GrannySmith1WithText.png

Granny Smith soon became fatigued making faces to get little Pumpkin Cake to smile and had to sit down to recover.

"Woo! Makin' funny faces sure is hard work!" the elderly mare neighed before looking up at Mr. Cake. "Well sir, my AppleJack's doin' jist fine. We did have a few run-ins with them interlopin' Flim Flam Brothers, but I took care'm! I kicked one of'm over a hill and did the same to the other one, but he flew back. Don't know how he donnit, but anyway other then them bad apples, things have been goin' smooth here! How many apples are you a fixin' to buy?"

Meanwhile, Apple Strudel continued his quiet task of helping collect the money and moving bushels of apple out to the customers in line. The bearded stallion spotted AJ's hat getting swiped, but before he could react, his grand niece handled the situation with ease. Then he heard her ask about supply.

"Javol, fraulien AppleJack!" Apple Strudel shouted. :"Vee still have plenty of apples to sell. Keep dee kissing going und I vill bring dem out! Vee still have a long vay to go till vee sell all of dis bumper crop of apples!"

Double M was fascinated by Pathfinders non-stop monologue or perhaps is was a dialog as Apple Bloom ( Applejacks sister after all) had gotten a few words in. She hoped Applejack was not too far away as the thought of a youngster like her with a fan obsessed adventurer, who may have lived these adventures in her mind, for all he could tell, was discouraging at best and frightening at the worst. And what was with that Gemstone? It seemed to have a mind ( and voice of some kind) of its own. Probably a bauble she had picked up on one of her "adventures"

He pitied Applejack trying to get her to close her mouth long enough for a kiss, much less a breath.He had seen some intrepid fans of Rainbow Dash and others on his travels but they paled to insigninifignce next to Pathfinder. He almost forgot Opal Shards, who was fliting with MYthos. Or perhaps toying with him for her own amusement. The latter seemed closer to fact.

He was glad the line was moving, or would if Pathfinder would finally run down, but he was missing some fascinating people, like Misty Morning, Rarity herself, and others. His main concern now, however was impressionable AppleBloom.. He wanted to talk some sense into her, but after his disastrous attempt with Bon Bon, he would keep his own counsel.

Didi that costumed know it all ever stop talking?

By this point, Earth Writer was having to use his hoof to stifle laughter. He would have made a comical sight himself, one forehoof jammed in his mouth while his cheeks ballooned outward like a jazz trumpeter's. Just watching how the little filly had to deal with the gushing mare, eventually being entranced by her adventurous spirit, was an absolute joy to behold. He didn't begrudge Pathfinder her enthusiasm; he himself could be just as voluminous on his own passion, Geography.

The unicorn was slightly disappointed in one aspect, however. He kept hearing these hints of fantastic tales, but Pathfinder always moved on before telling the rest of the story.

Still, apples or no apples, kiss or no kiss, it had been worth it to come out just to see that. He spat out his hoof as the pegasus slapped him on the back, coughing slightly as he shook his head. "In-cred-i-ble." Earth Writer enunciated every syllable for emphasis, but good-naturedly. He did ask his next question in a serious tone, though. "You are going to stay here long enough to keep that promise of yours? She won't forgive you if you don't. OF course," He nodded in the Apple family's direction. "They might not forgive you if you do. I know I wouldn't, if you got my little sister hurt."

Opal laughed brightly as she listened to Mythos' words. "Oh, Mr. Mythos..." She leaned down to the blue filly until her head was about on her height "Us fillies have to be on the lookout for charmers like this stallion, don't we, miss Twilight...?" She said in a quiet, but amused tone of voice.

The white mare noticed that the young unicorn looked gloomily to the end of the line impatiently. She thought for a moment, then said: "Say, would you like to see a little trick, little miss Twilight Shine?" She looked at her conspiratorially over her shades, here eyes uncharacteristically soft. "It's a little something my mother taught me."

Opal laughed brightly as she listened to Mythos' words. "Oh, Mr. Mythos..." She leaned down to the blue filly until her head was about on her height "Us fillies have to be on the lookout for charmers like this stallion, don't we, miss Twilight...?" She said in a quiet, but amused tone of voice.

"Charmers? Hmm, yes, I would say you're correct, Ms. Opal." I say happily.

The white mare noticed that the young unicorn looked gloomily to the end of the line impatiently. She thought for a moment, then said: "Say, would you like to see a little trick, little miss Twilight Shine?" She looked at her conspiratorially over her shades, here eyes uncharacteristically soft. "It's a little something my mother taught me."

"Oh, a trick? Well, sure, if you would mind showing me!" I say a bit too enthusiastically. I put the book I was reading away, and turn to give my undivided attention to Opal. I wait patiently for her to do her trick.

Mythos heard Opal speak his name and then it would seem she went to speak... almost conspiratorially. He couldn't really make out what the mare was saying to the filly yet only Twilight Shine spoke loud enough for him to hear and at the words "Charmers? Hmm, yes, I would say you're correct, Ms. Opal" Mythos smiles and chuckles, thinking he had an idea what they were talking about.

Yet the next part confused him a bit as he hears Twilight say "Oh, a trick? Well, sure, if you would mind showing me" but he decides to speak as well and said, "Yes, I am interested in this trick too. Perhaps you can show me as well." The stallion looked amused, not quite knowing what was all being said but getting part of it.

Thorn watched in surprise as a dead ringer for Daring Do lined up for her kiss and suddenly launched into a monologue on the glories of the Daring Do series, her excitement rising by the moment to the point Applejack swapped in the filly, Applebloom.

If this was an attempt to wear the mare out, it seemed to be of limited success as she wanted to include the filly in an adventure tomorrow.

She wondered what the older Apple Heroine would think of that idea...

Yes, he would definitely mention to Applebloom the financial and entertainment possibilities of selling tickets to watch the line next time...

No matter how small her audience, the white pegasus mare was a thoroughbred performer, and as such, she didn't want to disappoint. "How could I possibly say no now?" She said with a wink to the blue unicorn filly and a short look in Mythos' direction. "Make sure not to blink..."

Opal Shards took a few steps back, and unfolded her wings slowly, taking a healthy dose of tiny crystals from the little bag hidden underneath her mane on the tip of her flying feathers, and with one fluid motion, sprinkled the air around her with it. It dispersed almost immediately, causing the temperature around her to fall rapidly and a welcome and familiar chill on her coat.

It wouldn't hold long, so she had to act quickly. She reached into her saddle bag and picked a small package she had prepared for an training later today with her teeth. She'd done it countless times before. A movement of her head, covering her opening of the package with her mane, raising her wings to distract the audience, and all of the sudden, the air humidity around her increased dramatically.

Both of those actions taken together had a curious effect. Fine snow accumulated in the air, falling softly onto the hot ground and disappearing almost instantly. She flapped her wings once sharply, causing the snow to fly in all directions before just vaporizing in the summer sun.

She struck a triumphant pose, then relaxed a little, her wings folding neatly on her back after a little shuffling. Somewhere, a few feet away, some shreds of brown, damp package paper sailed to the ground.

Electric Vibe looked around the line. Everyone seemed deep in conversation, and that caused Electric to become a bit nervous. What if somepony were to talk to her? Usually, if it were Electric to start up a conversation, she'd be perfectly fine about it, but when someone else would, she would get a bit, shy. As the amount of ponies began to increase, she began to get a little nervous. She had run into this problem quite a few times, such as times like this when waiting in a long line, or going to crowded places.

Shuffling her hooves a bit out of stress, she gazed at the front of the line, hoping for this almost-nightmare to end soon.

Mythos watch as the mare put on her show, showing clear admiration as he clapped at the performance even laughing a bit before saying, "Well it seems I have found a fellow entertainer, very impressive. Creating snow on a hot day using ice crystals with such grace and skill... you have my respect Miss Opal."

ajbanner.png

"Oh good, good." Applejack responded to her uncle, not expecting any other sort of answer. She was stalling. She didn't want to rush her activity with this adventurous mare. However, Applejack looked at the line, and it was getting bigger. Ponies were looking like they were getting impatient, tapping their hooves, breathing heavy, and looking around at various natures in an attempt to occupy their thoughts about standing in a line. She couldn't make them wait any more than they had to.

Just then, she started hearing the exchange between Pathfinder and Apple Bloom. Night Raiders? Corral Sea Serpents? Giant Spiders? Adventures? Cutie Mark!? Applejack panicked. She knew her young sister would not be able to resist a chance to get a cutie mark, even from a nut-case. Applejack grabbed a random bushel of apples, put them on her back, ran over to the stand and shoved the bushel onto Pathfinder's back. Applejack then immediate kissed Pathfinder on the lips. They tasted like dirt. Applejack spoke in haste, and began pushing Pathfinder towards the road back to Ponyville. Pathfinder's hooves dragged in the dirt. "Well, ok then, there ya go! Ya got yer apples 'n' yer kiss. Bye now! Enjoy them apples!"

Applejack then walked to Apple Bloom and pulled her back by Uncle Apple Strudel and the apples. "Apple Bloom, I don want you to go on adventures with that one, she's a few kernels short of an ear. Understand?" Applejack couldn't believe that she allowed such a crazy pony expose herself to her little sister. What was she thinking? Regardless, she had hoped that Apple Bloom wouldn't get any crazy ideas.

Applejack sighed. "Next?" Next in line was a skinny-looking unicorn, tan colored with a dark muzzle that matched the color of his symmetrical manestyle. "Howdy, partner. What can I interest you in?"

Check new updates:

Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice.

Updates:

-Electric Vibe is actually directly behind Savory Spell, as they have both approached the line recently. Not to worry, though. Just continue your conversation normally, and maybe it can become a three-way conversation.

-Hinata2000100 has my permission to use first person perspective.

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony

82 Kisses left!

(This is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.)

Kissed

1. Carrot Fields :smug:

2. Reno Golucky :smug:

3. Lore Weaver :smug:

4. Dunder Blust :?

5. Gentle Sol applebloom01byzutheskun.png

6. Flam watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

7. Starburst :?

8. Astral :smug:

9. Flim watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

10. Silverbolt :smug:

11. Klondike :smug:

12. Lyra Heartstrings :smug:

13. Donut "Pony" Joe :smug:

14. Rarity ajscreen.png

15. Pigpen :smug:

16. Cherry Jubilee :?

17. Misty Morning :smug:

18. Pathfinder :?

On hold:

Survey

Coming up

19. Earth Writer

20. Windy Daze

21. Thorn

22. Metal Maker

23. Bon Bon

24. Mythos Gray

25. Twilight Shine

26. Opal Shards

27. Savory Spell

28. Electric Vibe

29. Guiding Light

30. Harrington Sleuth

31. Carrot Cake/Pumpkin Cake

(If the line order is incorrect, please tell me in PM)

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

• Like 1

Pathfinder.png

Nopony could ever accuse Pathfinder of being either unkind or socially intelligent. She was unaware of the gathering discontent behind her, nor did she catch on to Applejack's rapid and panicked response to her adventurous tones and pleadings with her sister. No, the only thing she was aware of as Applejack's sudden flurry of motion sent the orchard pony from her timeless discussion with Strudel was that very burst of movement that sent a bushel of apples onto her back, shot a kiss on to her lips, and started to move her away. Even then she lacked the wherewithall to understand she was being pushed away and instead thought it a kind gesture- always being pushed to move and keep on finding adventure! As Applejack finally pulled back, Pathfinder used the force given to take flight and hover in place, one hoof into the bushel and the other front hoof waving excitably to Apple Bloom. The filly in turn returned that wave until she was pulled down to the ground in the same style of burst that was swiftly becoming Applejack's motif. Pathfinder did not see this, her face consumed by a grin as she drifted away from the table- evidence pointed to the half-eaten apple in hoof. She gulped down the juicy half and relished in the long, relaxed sigh that escaped as she nodded and slowly drifted down to the ground.

Apple Bloom stared up at her sister as she spat out the truth. In all honesty. Apple Bloom knew it was true the whole time. Pathfinder was a true nut, and not the type the chipmunks she liked to play with kept. She guessed that insanity was a good tool for an adventurer but the more details she gave thought to. the less it sounded like an exciting way to get her cutie mark and the more it sounded like a good way to make her family sad for a variety of reasons. No reason to do that, and she returned Pathfinder's wave with a fake smile. She sure didn't plan on heading anywhere with the mare, but that didn't mean she liked leading her on like this. Then again, she was planning on leading her to giant spiders or something similar. Remorse vanished quickly after that and as Pathfinder turned and started trotting away and speaking with the next pony in line, she felt no compunction about leaning in to Applejack and giggling.

"Yeah, she was a looney one, Ah reckon. Think that there gem was really enchanted or did she just talk to a rock?" She asked, her mind revealing the sheer depth of hilarity owed to the situation.

Pathfinder trotted away, this pegasus conserving wing energy for more fashionable pursuits such as running away from monsters or cutting down vines with speed. She tossed the apple in the air and snatched it with her snapping turtle escape mouth lunge, gulping the rest of it down. Delicious.

"Delicious, Applejack!" She belted out, once more turning and enthusiastically waving to the nice mare before finally turning her attention to Earth Writer.

"Oh, she'll be fine. I've taken others out before and some of them have turned out just fine and most only need a few days in the hospital! I'll come back in a few days. OH! Maybe I'll try to save some of these apples for her? I bet an apple would love an apple, but then I'd like to prepare it for her, and what do fillies like to eat nowadays..." She trailed off in thought as she started to trot off, having disengaged from Earth Writer to tackle the next pressing issue in her mind. She had little time now to stop and wait, because life did not grant you extra seconds for standing around when your hooves were sound and in every adventure, seconds were as valuable as gold. Or a crown. Or a scroll. Or a gem. More likely than not, she would find none of these things, but there was one thing more valuable than time or relics and that was adventure itself.

And for Pathfinder, that meant one solitary thing: Go anywhere and do anything, because to her everything was adventure.

Life was awesome.

No matter how small her audience, the white pegasus mare was a thoroughbred performer, and as such, she didn't want to disappoint. "How could I possibly say no now?" She said with a wink to the blue unicorn filly and a short look in Mythos' direction. "Make sure not to blink..."

Opal Shards took a few steps back, and unfolded her wings slowly, taking a healthy dose of tiny crystals from the little bag hidden underneath her mane on the tip of her flying feathers, and with one fluid motion, sprinkled the air around her with it. It dispersed almost immediately, causing the temperature around her to fall rapidly and a welcome and familiar chill on her coat.

It wouldn't hold long, so she had to act quickly. She reached into her saddle bag and picked a small package she had prepared for an training later today with her teeth. She'd done it countless times before. A movement of her head, covering her opening of the package with her mane, raising her wings to distract the audience, and all of the sudden, the air humidity around her increased dramatically.

Both of those actions taken together had a curious effect. Fine snow accumulated in the air, falling softly onto the hot ground and disappearing almost instantly. She flapped her wings once sharply, causing the snow to fly in all directions before just vaporizing in the summer sun.

She struck a triumphant pose, then relaxed a little, her wings folding neatly on her back after a little shuffling. Somewhere, a few feet away, some shreds of brown, damp package paper sailed to the ground.

"You....I... THAT WAS AMAZING!" I yell with extreme happiness. "How did you do that?! That was like magic!" I say, then realize something. I kick the ground with my hooves, and hang my head down. "Even a pegasus can do magic before I can...." I mutter sadly.

By this point, Earth Writer felt he had a pretty good picture of who Pathfinder was, apart from just saying that she was an imitator of Daring Do. It might be truer to say the mare was an exaggeration of her foalhood hero. Certainly an exciting companion, and probably a good friend, but definitely somepony you didn't want around your younger sister.

"Well, so long, until we meet again!" He called after the departing pegasus.

While his newfound acquaintance would have been worth the time he spent in line in any case, he did have an original purpose here. *Well, here goes nothing.*

Earth Writer turned back to face Applejack. "I don't think you're selling anything other than apples, but that's what I came for anyway, so! I'll take one bushel." He spoke brightly enough, but it was only a mask. Internally, he had still not finished mustering his nerves for the "special offer"...

ajbanner.png

"Alrighty then. One bushel of apples. Which kind? Granny Smith? Braeburn? Red Gala? Honeycrisp? Golden Delicious? Pink Lady? Which kind? We got lots of different kind of apples. If you want, we can jus surprise ya!" Applejack leaned with one hoof on the counter, relaxing as she let her nature sellmareship spill from her trap. "And what kind of kiss would you like? A nick? Butterfly? Peach fuzz? Nail and hammer? A pounce? A lick? A blessed?" Applejack started naming these nicknamed kisses. And thought of it a little strange that the customer wasn't really responding as fast as she had expected. "Well?"

Check new updates:

Updates:

-Electric Vibe is actually directly behind Savory Spell, as they have both approached the line recently. Not to worry, though. Just continue your conversation normally, and maybe it can become a three-way conversation.

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony

82 Kisses left!

(This is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.)

Kissed

14. Rarity ajscreen.png

On hold:

Survey

Coming up

19. Earth Writer

20. Windy Daze

21. Thorn

22. Metal Maker

23. Bon Bon

24. Mythos Gray

25. Twilight Shine

26. Opal Shards

27. Savory Spell

28. Electric Vibe

29. Guiding Light

30. Harrington Sleuth

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

A look of speculation crossed Earth Writer's face as he considered the variety of apples, followed by brief flash of panic as he heard the list of kiss types. *Oh, Celestia, I had no idea that this was so complicated!* But the panic was as brief as the manifestation thereof.

"Oh, surprise me on both!" He waved a hoof with a cheerful carelessness with his answer. "Always good to try something new, right? And life ought to be something of an adventure." The unicorn smiled as he leaned over the counter, but his smile had a touch of something... not exactly sad, but like one who was reminded of a serious subject while telling a joke.

ajbanner.png

"Somethin' new, huh?" Applejack tapped her chin as she pondered quickly what kind of products she could bring to the table. Impressing the customer was always the goal, and today it had a whole new dimension. Applejack walked back and got one of their variety bushels, a large basket full of every type of apple they were selling that day, surely this would answer to their taste buds. Applejack pushed the bushel in front of Earth Writer. Then, she considered her options for kissing. A casual kiss on the cheek, she thought would suffice. Yes, casual. She went up to Earth Writer's side, and wrapper her hoof around his neck, giving a friendly vibe, despite whether or not he welcomed it. She questioned him. "You ever kiss from a mare before?" She gave a smug smile as she leaned in close to Earth's cheek. Her soft breathing tickled the fuzz on his snout as she gave her a side hug. Was it possible to be too friendly? She puckered her lips. But then, she pulled away. "Wait. You got five bits?"

Check new updates:

Updates:

82 Kisses left!

Kissed

14. Rarity ajscreen.png

On hold:

Survey

Coming up

19. Earth Writer

20. Windy Daze

21. Thorn

22. Metal Maker

23. Bon Bon

24. Mythos Gray

25. Twilight Shine

26. Opal Shards

27. Savory Spell

28. Electric Vibe

29. Guiding Light

30. Harrington Sleuth

"Well, that would certainly help with food supply and morale. I am interested in having a look at Sugar Cube Corner as soon as I can get to it. Thank you for your offer, Mister Carrot Cake." Harrington looked over at Granny Smith when she arrived and Carrot Cake adjusted his attention to her. He remained quiet for the moment and let the two of them talk peacefully, though he listened intently on what they were talking about since something interesting could come up. It wasn't exactly snooping if they were talking in the open and it might only just be something about Carrot Cake's business at Sugar Cube Corner.

Earth Writer's smile brightened as Applejack brought over the variety bushel. The unicorn was certainly not a picky eater, and looked forward to enjoying the many kinds of one fruit. Yes, that would do quite nicely. Now for the other part of the business...

The mare's instincts were nothing if not sound. While having her wrap a hoof around his neck was somewhat disconcerting, her casual air was sufficient to mostly put him at his ease. "No, I've not really kissed anypony before." *Immediate family notwithstanding.* He added mentally, closing his eyes as he enjoyed, and returned, the hug. He could feel her breath flow over the fuzz on his muzzle-

"Wait. You got five bits?"

The unexpected breakoff actually caused Earth Writer to laugh out loud. "Yes, certainly!" In good humor, he levitated the five coins from his wallet space, placing them on the counter before turning back to Applejack. *Now, before you lose your nerve.* His hoof still being around her, he pulled in a little, planting a kiss right on her lips!

When he pulled his own away, the unicorn was grinning from ear to ear. "Is that generally how one does it?"

ajbanner.png

Applejack hear the music of 5 bit coins bouncing on the counter where Earth Writer had dropped them. And before she could do anything else, Earth had pulled in, and kiss her on the lips. A much more straight forward approach than Applejack had at the time. Still, it wasn't bad, he seemed to just want to do it. Once the kiss released, Applejack pulled back and smiled. It wasn't a bad kiss. In fact, she thought it was a rather modest kiss from a pony who seemed to have his nerves in check. Applejack knew a lot of ponies would be nervous, maybe more nervous than she, about expressing the love of a apple transaction with a public display of affection. But to see a pony that was able to control that nervousness, Applejack was impressed. "Aww, thank ya kindly, Mr. er... What was yer name again?"

Check new updates:

Updates:

-Windy Daze has dropped out of the kiss line, per the character owner.

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

81 Kisses left!

Kissed

14. Rarity ajscreen.png

19. Earth Writer :smug:

On hold:

Survey

Coming up

20. Thorn

21. Metal Maker

22. Bon Bon

23. Mythos Gray

24. Twilight Shine

25. Opal Shards

26. Savory Spell

27. Electric Vibe

28. Guiding Light

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Carrot Cake/Pumpkin Cake

LyraBanner.png

Lyra's calls out to Bon Bon were either unheard or ignored by her girlfriend. She was starting to feel a tightness in her chest; a horrible feeling of dread and worry that this time her mistake may have cost her relationship with the mare she loved.

"Howdy thar, Lyra! What's got yer mane in a tangle?" came a chipper sounding voice from off to the side.

"Oh, you're Apple Bloom, right?" asked Lyra. She needn't have done so; the young filly and her crusader friends were well known around Ponyville for their antics.

Lyra slumped down onto the ground, tail down, hooves forward, a rare case of her sitting like a normal pony. "I think I've done something horrible Miss Bloom. I've upset my special somepony by coming here and I'm not sure if she'll ever forgive me." She rubbed her eyes with a hoof, trying to stifle some tears. "All this over a silly kiss." she said.

Bon Bon

Bon Bon sighed heavily, still thinking about Lyra and her own overreaction to the kiss. She knew she'd feel nothing but foolish if she just slumped back and apologized to Lyra....it's not like it really was that big of a deal....it certainly wasn't any kind of betrayal--not that there was anything holding them together. That thought made her cringe with uneasiness. She hated knowing that at any given point in time....what if Lyra decided she really didn't like fillies? What if she left? The thought of it brought tears welling to her eyes--most unbecoming, especially as she neared the front of the line. Only a couple more ponies in front of her.

She cast her shimmering eyes around, searching...reaching for Lyra in confusion, not knowing whether she actually wanted to find her or make sure that she couldn't be seen. Ponies were shoving in behind her in the line though, and it was hard to see much beyond their mulling conversations. She peered down as little Applebloom trotted by, bow bobbing perkily, not even bother with a greeting as the little yellow filly started conversing with another pony.

She glanced up and saw Applejack at the booth, where a stallion had just pressed a kiss right on AJ's lips, much to the orange pony's embarrassment. Bon Bon smiled a bit. How stupid was she?! This was APPLEJACK she was freaking out about. The idea of kissing a filly she'd lived in the same town as for years brought a blush to her cheeks. No wonder Lyra had wanted to do this! She could not help it as she shifted on and off her hooves impatiently, now caught up herself in the excitement.

Metal Maker could not believe the kiss that the normally nervous Earth Writer had placed on Applejack. He had some nerve control, did that one. He also noticed there were only two ponies ahead of him.soon, be thought and the wait would be over. He didn;t recognize the pony in the front of the line, but he seemed nice enough. Maybe they;d meet after the apple purchase.

He Heard more than saw the little filly he tried to console about the stolen kiss and sadly realized that the issue went far deeper than he could understand enough to help; It was an issue of trust; slowly gained and once lost, hard to recover. He only hoped their young hearts were resilient enough. They looked wonderful together He gave a heavy sigh in sympathy for their plight, but again, said nothing. It would have to work itself out.He also saw Applebloom walk by the line and gave her a friendly hoof wave. They didn';t know each other, but it was a neighborly thing yo do.

He whispered to Thorn, "We're nearly there, how many bushels are you getting ,Thorn?" Just to make conversation.

Thorn suddenly looked around when Double M spoke to him.

The pony ahead of him had wandered out of line while Pathfinder was scaring everypony with the freaky cursed gemstone that even gleamed evilly and apparently possessed it's owner for a moment. Said absent pony made HIM the next one up for the kiss.

"I am going to get two for my parents, and it would seem that I am now up, my fine fellow. Wish me luck!"

The russet jack took one of the clover breath sprays being passed up and down the line and gave his mouth a last minute spray, then passed it to Metal Maker.

Thorn pranced on up to the counter, obviously in awe of the heroic mare. And of course, how often does a donkey get a kiss from a pony? "I-i am Thorn.. I would like two bushels of apples fit both for baking and eating as they are, M-miss Applejack."

Apple Bloom was slightly taken aback by the sheer showponyship her sister exhibited randomly all of a sudden. For much of the day her sister had been dutiful and kind but excited and happy would not be words Apple Bloom would have used to describe the proceedings. Yet here Applejack was, getting mighty cozy and talkative with Earth Writer and making a pitch for apples that she had never done before. Apple Bloom wasn't always with her sister when she was in town hawking her wares but she doubted she got this into it. She always said apples could talk for themselves, though Abby decided that meant that they were just so good she didn't have to sell them as opposed to them actually talking. Here she was getting all excitable and touchy, and that caused Apple Bloom to grin wide.

Her grin stayed the same as Earth Writer returned Applejack's current touchy-feely attitude with a bold kiss. Normally Applejack would have been a little upset, but something had changed in the mare's mind and she seemed okay with it. Obviously, she was in love with Earth Writer. Then she asked for his name, which somewhat threw her idea to the side. Apple Bloom giggled ferociously to nopony in particular as she shook her head. Even Apple Bloom knew the fella's name, and she could hardly see over the top of the stand! So they likely weren't secretly special someponies. Probably. Maybe.

"What's gotten inta ya, Applejack? Ah ain't ever seen ya so salespony-like in all mah life!" Apple Bloom blasted out in a tone mixed with both confusion and giggling ferocity. It was the question on everypony's mind: Was Applejack insane and if so, who could cut in line to get a kiss next from the loon? And if not, was this a new sales tactic and if so, why?