[Sweet Apple Acres] 100 Country Kisses (Closed. NO Kisses Left)

Hippo

From the way Applejack smiled, Earth Writer could tell he'd done something right. Figuring out what exactly that something was could wait until his brain stopped fizzing like sarsparilla. One thing was clear *That wasn't so complicated after all! You just shouldn't overthink things like this, and they'll go fine.*

Filing away that thought for later, he relaxed, letting the tension out of his nerves that had allowed him to act on his impulse. "You're Welcome, miss Applejack! And I'm Earth Writer." He honestly couldn't remember if he'd introduced himself before, but he didn't care.

"Better not hog the front." The unicorn said, as he extricated himself from the hug. "There's a lot of ponies here lined up here, and I can't blame them! Enjoy the rest of your day." Taking his leave of her with another smile and wave, he went to his purchased bushel and pulled it a short distance away, about where Survey was. Levitating an apple at random from the variety within, he took a large bite out of it.

The apple was small, about the size of a normal Macintosh (as opposed to the larger sort grown at Sweet Apple Acres, from which Applejack's brother had gotten his name), but the flavor was sweeter, more like a Gala apple, with just a hint of tartness. It was a complex taste, Earth Writer decided, mostly sweet, but not missing any flavor you might want. *Just like this town.* He thought, as he swallowed. "I sure am going to miss this place." He remarked to Survey. "I'll bet my last bit you won't find a mare like Applejack in Canterlot."

ajbanner.png

"You too! Come back and visit the farm anytime, ya hear?" Applejack waved to Earth Writer as he complimented her for everything and took his leave. He was such a nice gentlecolt, and Applejack's day would run so much more smoothly if everypony had the courage and courtesy that he had.

Behind her, she could hear her sister giggling. Applejack wondered why. "Oh, Apple Bloom, that was a great sale! Didn't you see how we talk, how we understood each other, how grateful he was, its just so perfect, its like, I don't know, you'll get it when you're old I guess." Applejack stopped as she noticed Apple Bloom's smirk. "What'er you on about? Wait, no not like that." Apple Bloom giggled again. "Oh, for, ugh, get back there and, and, count some apples or something!" Applejack wasn't about to let her sister ruin her mojo. And it wasn't even that critical. Applejack knew what she was doing, and she approached every customer, especially today, with that kissing courage.

And speaking of courage, the next pony in line was sweating. Sweating buckets. He was a teal green pony, with a mane the color of seaweed. "Howdy, part- HAY! Where ya goin'!?" The pony decided to peel out of line and escape the fear, as it were, of dealing with a purchase. Was he that shy? Applejack wasn't sure. But as she watched him untie his balloon teathers and take off into the air, she tried to believe that there wasn't anything wrong with what she was doing. However, to play it on the safe side, Applejack decided to play it cooler. Cooler than before.

The line shifted forward, and next was a po- NO! A DONKEY! Play it cool, Applejack. Applejack had never kissed a donkey before. Of course she'd seen them around and met them in the market. But a kiss? It was the start of a path that Applejack never wanted to go down. There was nothing wrong with donkeys, but riding that path, she knew, led to a break in the Apple family lineage. That being, a mule unable to sow into generations after its own. Applejack responded to the donkey politely. "Why, yes, they are good for cookin', of all kinds too. May I ask what it is you're conjurin' up? Maybe I can recommend a specific apple. Cuz, ya know, some apples just aren't fit for some recipes." Oh, Celestia, that sounded prejudice. "I mean, heh, any of them could do, but uh, ya know, some apples are... better?" Applejack gave a nervous smile as she hoped not to make the situation awkward.

((IMPORTANT: If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.))

Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice.

Updates:

-Windy Daze has dropped out of the kiss line, per the character owner.

-Electric Vibe is actually directly behind Savory Spell, as they have both approached the line recently. Not to worry, though. Just continue your conversation normally, and maybe it can become a three-way conversation.

-Hinata2000100 has my permission to use first person perspective.

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

81 Kisses left!

(This is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.)

Kissed

1. Carrot Fields :smug:

2. Reno Golucky :smug:

3. Lore Weaver :smug:

4. Dunder Blust :?

5. Gentle Sol applebloom01byzutheskun.png

6. Flam watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

7. Starburst :?

8. Astral :smug:

9. Flim watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

10. Silverbolt :smug:

11. Klondike :smug:

12. Lyra Heartstrings :smug:

13. Donut "Pony" Joe :smug:

14. Rarity ajscreen.png

15. Pigpen :smug:

16. Cherry Jubilee :?

17. Misty Morning :smug:

18. Pathfinder :?

19. Earth Writer :smug:

On hold:

Survey

Coming up

20. Thorn

21. Metal Maker

22. Bon Bon

23. Mythos Gray

24. Twilight Shine

25. Opal Shards

26. Savory Spell

27. Electric Vibe

28. Guiding Light

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Carrot Cake/Pumpkin Cake

(If the line order is incorrect, please tell me in PM)

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

• Like 1

"Well it seems I have found a fellow entertainer, very impressive. Creating snow on a hot day using ice crystals with such grace and skill... you have my respect Miss Opal."
"You....I... THAT WAS AMAZING! How did you do that?! That was like magic!"

Opal relished in the attention her two audience members gave to her. What they lacked in numbers, they made up in enthusiasm. She smiled, and gave a gracious bow.

"Even a pegasus can do magic before I can...."

"Oh, it's no magic, little miss Twilight." She said with a chuckle, raising the head of the blue filly with the tip of her right wing. "It's chemistry. It's just that I'm especially talented in it." The white mare pointed her head in direction of her flank, which showed her light blue ice crystal cutie mark.

"Hmm, but, Mr Mythos. You are an entertainer? What kind of entertainer if you don't mind the question? I'd love to see a demonstration." She remarked, winking in the unicorn stallion's direction.

Thorn flopped an ear to the side curiously as the great heroine seemed to be flustered and even a little surprised at encountering a donkey.

He smiled as she rambled her question about apple choice, apparently trying not to sound like she was describing apples and oranges, or ponies and donkeys for that matter.

Her nervousness helped ease his own as he cleared his throat while he thought "Well, Miss Applejack, I am on my way to visit my parents in Canterlot. They work in one of the great kitchens there. When she is making treats on her own time, Mother loves to make pies, fritters, tarts and the like, as well as eat the apples as they are. Does that help narrow things down any?"

Thorn leaned to the side a bit and relaxed into a casual pose, hoping to help the heroine realx as well "I..i will accept any kiss you feel comfortable with bestowing on me, Miss."

ajbanner.png

"Desserts, huh? I got just the type!" Applejack looked back at her supply. She saw Granny Smiths, McIntoshes, and even Red Delicious. All of these would make a fine tart, indeed. But which was the best? And then she saw it, one bushel of Coltland apples was available. Perfect. She pulled the bushel over to Thorn. "This here is a bushel of Coltland apples, which were founded in, who'da guessed it--Coltland. They are the best apples for desserts, and they keep well for a long time; they will take a while to go bad. Which should be useful, since you are having to take them all the way to Canterlot. That's a long trip!"

Thorn offered his yield to whatever kiss Applejack wanted to give him. Applejack responded honestly. "Heh, heh, I must admit, I've never kissed an ass before." Applejack startled herself with her own words. "I MEAN A DONKEY! Yeah!" Consarnit Applejack. "But, uh, I suppose there's a first time for everything, heh." Applejack scratched the back of her neck. "That'll be five bits, please."

((IMPORTANT: If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.))

Updates:

-Electric Vibe is actually directly behind Savory Spell, as they have both approached the line recently. Not to worry, though. Just continue your conversation normally, and maybe it can become a three-way conversation.

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

81 Kisses left!

(This is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.)

Kissed

14. Rarity ajscreen.png

On hold:

Survey

Coming up

20. Thorn

21. Metal Maker

22. Bon Bon

23. Mythos Gray

24. Twilight Shine

25. Opal Shards

26. Savory Spell

27. Electric Vibe

28. Guiding Light

29. Harrington Sleuth

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Opal relished in the attention her two audience members gave to her. What they lacked in numbers, they made up in enthusiasm. She smiled, and gave a gracious bow.

"Hmm, but, Mr Mythos. You are an entertainer? What kind of entertainer if you don't mind the question? I'd love to see a demonstration." She remarked, winking in the unicorn stallion's direction.

The gray stallion smile before taking a dramatic pose and saying, “Well one of the best sorts, I am a storyteller!!”

His horn begin to glow as he says, “Yet I do not just tell the story but show it.” With these words images appear, of dragons and of ponies traveling across the lands. “Of dragons and of adventurers moving across the land” He shows the adventures finding an old castle in a dark forest, “of moving into the Forest of Silence to the castle holding the ancient ones.”

It shows the ponies standing before a dragon surrounded in green flames over a horde of gems and gold, “the these heroes facing the Surge of Shallow Heights.” The dragon was shown to be defeated, the ponies standing around him, “and of the dragon's defeat at the hooves of those fair smaller then him.”

The russet jack looked at the bushel eagerly as Applejack presented it. Those were certainly the right features he needed in apples!

He was about to remind her he had asked for two bushels when she stumbled a bit in speaking to him.

Thorn blinked in surprise for a moment at Applejack's panicked correction, then chuckled.

"It is all right Miss Applejack, I understand. You are not the first to be tongue-tied by Modern Equestrian around me." He dipped his head to fish out Bits from his saddlebag. "Here is 10 Bits, I would like two bushels of Coltland apples if they are available, please."

ajbanner.png

Applejack expressed her displeasure. "Aww really? I'm sorry, but that's the last bushel of Coltland apples that I have for this sale." Applejack hated letting a customer down, and this wasn't good news. But she was prepared, as always. "Tell ya what, I'll give you three bushels for the price of two. I'll let you take two bushels of Granny Smith, which are also fine apples. If you don't stop and look at the flowers on the way to Canterlot, I'm sure that they will keep just fine. And if you want, I can give you a rain check on my next harvest of Coltland apples. How's that sound?"

Updates:

81 Kisses left!

Kissed

14. Rarity ajscreen.png

On hold:

Survey

Coming up

20. Thorn

21. Metal Maker

22. Bon Bon

23. Mythos Gray

24. Twilight Shine

25. Opal Shards

26. Savory Spell

27. Electric Vibe

28. Guiding Light

29. Harrington Sleuth

GrannySmith1WithText.png

Granny Smith continued to try her best to entertain Pumpkin Cake. The line was very long and the elderly mare realized that a nearly newborn foal like her could get easily bored and sad. After making as many funny faces as she could think on, Granny reached behind her back and produced a rattle. This rattle had a short handle and the rattling end was in the shape of a big red apple.

"Here ya go, youngin'! Hope you enjoy this!" the gray maned mare neighed as she gave it to her.

"Ack! Uneemal!" Uncle Apple Strudel shouted as he watched his older sister apparently produce a rattle as if by magic. "I have known Granny all mein life und I vill never figure out how she does tings like dat!"

Shaking it off quickly, the bearded stallion returned to the task of helping AJ collect the bits and bringing out the bushels of apples purchased by those waiting in line.

"Dis is sure a long line! Who knew dat our plan vould be so successful? Maybe you should be doing dis more often, fraulein AppleJack!"

Thorn nodded and gave a soft bray as he thought it over for a moment.

"That sounds very fine, Miss Applejack. I live in Appleoosa working for Madam Bistro's B&B, where Miss Granny Smith over there stays when she is visiting your relatives.

I'll leave my address with a note to send word several days before that crop is ready."

His ear lopped aside again "If I cannot make the trip from Appleoosa at that time to visit my parents again, I'll send Bits for mailing the apples to Canterlot. Will that be acceptable?"

The donkey leaned forward a little in eagerness to hear her reply...

ajbanner.png

Applejack gave a confident sales smile. "Of course that is acceptable. We'll arrange it just like that!" Applejack decided that since the bits were down on the table, it was time to take care of business. She started to lean forward and signal the obvious signs of initiating a kiss. She closed her eyes, though. She felt she had to. Applejack swam her thoughts side to side about what the hay she was doing finding herself kissing a donkey. Why? Oh sellin' apples, thats why, good reason. Applejack kissed Thorn on the lips very gracefully. And when she pulled away, she blushed and smiled. "Well, there it is, mah first kiss with a donkey. And it wasn't bad!" Applejack winked at Thorn and then pulled out a pencil and paper. "So what is your name?"

After Applejack had written down the name, Applejack gathered the three bushels of apples together, and fastened them to Thorn's back. "I sure hope you wont have any problem carrying all this. But I'm sure it's easy for a strong fella like you." Applejack waved at Thorn goodbye and affirmed as he left. "Come back anytime ya want a fresh apple, jack!"

"I know, Uncle, but I can't do this every day!" Applejack winked to her uncle.

"Next? Why hello, what is your name?"

Info format modified:

80 Kisses left!

Next up

21. Metal Maker

22. Bon Bon

23. Mythos Gray

24. Twilight Shine

25. Opal Shards

26. Savory Spell

27. Electric Vibe

28. Guiding Light

29. Harrington Sleuth

On hold:

Survey

Updates:

-IMPORTANT: If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-This is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice.

Kissed

14. Rarity ajscreen.png

20. Thorn :smug:

Miss Applejack, My name is Metal Maker or Double M to my friends. I 'm a traveling blacksmith, who is in ponyvulie for a spell. I'd just like to say it is a priviledge and an honor to meet one of the heroines of Equestria. I am quite taken by the tales of your brave exploits, which I hear everywhere. I never thought I would meet you in person, like this. With that he made a stately bow .

Ah, to business, I;d like two bushels of good eating apples for my next trip and I hear these are the best in Equestria. With that he bowed again to AJ and placed ten bits from his saddlebag on the counter as he arose.

ajbanner.png

Applejack watched as Metal offered regard to her, almost as if she was a princess. "Aw, shucks, Sugarcube, I ain't that great. Twilight Sparkle at the Ponyville Library, now there's a real hero pony. She's smarter than a glass of ice cold lemonade in the middle of a scorched field. Without her, none of us would be here right now, I would guess." Applejack drug two bushels of Red Delicious apples towards Metal. "Here ya are, Mister Double M." Applejack, seeing all of the bits already accounted for, decided that it might already be kissing time again. "Alright, how's about a kiss? Where would you like it?" Applejack tilted her head up, letting the sun break the shadow that was caused by her stetson hat. And she leaned on one of the bushels she brought out, almost advertising it together with her charm. She certainly was getting the hang of this.

Info format modified:

80 Kisses left!

Next up

21. Metal Maker

22. Bon Bon

23. Mythos Gray

24. Twilight Shine

25. Opal Shards

26. Savory Spell

27. Electric Vibe

28. Guiding Light

29. Harrington Sleuth

On hold:

Survey

Updates:

-IMPORTANT: If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-This is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

Kissed

14. Rarity ajscreen.png

Thorn found Applejack leaning forward to kiss him almost before he knew it, giving him a graceful, apple scented kiss.

He blushed and grinned, noting in passing she also blushed.

She quickly got his attention again for the name and address. "Oh! Its Thorn Donkey, C/O Bistros Bed and Breakfast, Appleoosa."

Thorn was pretty jazzed from the kiss, barely feeling the three bushels as she set them on his back, and waved goodbye with a long ear. "I..I will, thank you Miss Applejack..."

He trotted lightly on his hooves, heading to Double M's cart for his shoeing... (aaaaand, Exit Thorn Donkey...)

The flyer Inkwell had received that morning wasn't all that well-designed. The letters were crooked and the colors clashed. Not that he would have told anypony else about that. After all, it was for a sale in a small town where everypony knew each other pretty well already. Judging from the line that had formed on Sweet Apple Acres, it worked like a charm, so who was he to judge aesthetics?

Perhaps he was concentrating on that in order to put the actual idea represented by the flyer out of his mind. Applejack was bundling the opportunity to kiss her with a bushel of apples. The offer made Inkwell dither and delay on actually going there despite the fact that he needed food, loved her apples, and wanted to practice cooking with them.

It wasn't even that he didn't want to kiss Applejack. Far from it! Inkwell was getting to be pretty lovesick, as anypony who somehow saw at his pages of drawings of mares in sensual poses could tell. That was a problem he didn't know how to cure, lacking the nerve to actually ask any of the mares he knew out on a date. So many opportunities to plant the seeds of romance had passed him by because he was too "nice" (or timid) to make the first move. And besides, this kiss from Applejack would be bought, with no affection or promises of something more behind it. Not the kind of kiss that would satisfy him, in other words.

Ultimately, his growling stomach reminded him that he needed food more than he needed to feel sorry for himself, and after he used up the last of his hay filling up, he walked down to Sweet Apple Acres. As soon as he saw the crowd gathered there, he felt relieved that he thought to get a bite beforehand.

With a line this long, he thought, he'd at least have some opportunity to sketch. As he approached the end, he brought out his sketchpad and pencil. It wasn't until he started drawing that he noticed that he stood behind Mr. Cake and his infant daughter!

"Oh! H-hi there, Mr. Cake," he said. "Fancy seeing you here. I guess you're here for the apples too?" He scratched his head and smiled. It would probably be tactless to mention the whole kissing part of the deal, he figured.

• Like 1

Metal Maker, was surprised to hear Applejack talk so glowingly about miss Sparkle, he had to find out where she lived. But that was for another pony to ask and another time. He relished the thought of meeting more of the heroines of Equestria when this was over.

He saw that Applejack was puckered for a kiss and since it had been awhile since had kissed anypony, he moved in and placed a delicate but warm kiss on her lips, It only lasted a few seconds, but it seemed like an hour to him. He was smitten to put it mildly, though he knew ii was only a contest to sell apples. She could have no truck with a traveler of Equestria. her home was at the orchard and a lovely filly like her must have a special someepony. When finished, he sighed and said

Thank you Miss Apple for that wonderful experience. If you ever repeat it, I shall be sure to come this way again. With that said, he walked over to collect his apples and let the next pony come forward for a most enjoyable experience. Then he remembered it was the upset Bon Bon and he hoped that somehow a kiss of her own from AJ would hep with the healing process. He himself could do no more than hope.

ajbanner.png

Again? Applejack chuckled at the thought. Though she started to enjoy herself, she couldn't imagine doing this type of sale again. Of course, if it was that successful, and revisit to such a gimmick might actually be a good idea. But that would be discussed later at an Apple family sales meeting. For now, she just chuckled. "Oh, we'll be sure to have fun and exciting sales in the future! Even if these apples sell themselves." She give a trademark wink and waved goodbye to Metal.

Next in line was a familiar pony, Bon Bon. Applejack had overheard a little commotion in line, but hadn't really understood what it was. As she could see Lyra with Bon Bon, it was clear that things might not have boiled over well between them, and she felt she could cut the tension with a cord. Applejack tried to be a friendly medium. "Howdy, Bon Bon. How are you today? Everything ok?"

Info format modified:

79 Kisses left!

Next up

22. Bon Bon

23. Mythos Gray

24. Twilight Shine

25. Opal Shards

26. Savory Spell

27. Electric Vibe

28. Guiding Light

29. Harrington Sleuth

31. Inkwell

On hold:

Survey

Updates:

Kissed

1-10

11-20

14. Rarity ajscreen.png

21-30

21. Metal Maker :smug:

"Really? Those two troublemakers came around again?" Carrot Cake said to Granny Smith, surprised to hear that those to scheming stallions would even dare show their faces around Ponyville again, let alone Sweet Apple Acres. "Well hopefully they won't be giving you anymore trouble, especially with customers you're getting today." he added, taking another look at the line of ponies stretched out before him before turning back to Granny Smith upon hearing her question to him. "Oh, probably a couple bushels or so, I wan to make sure we have a healthy supply handy. Apple pies are popular around this time of year, and Sweet Apple Acres apples make the best apple pies!" Mr cake proclaimed proudly. "I just hope Applejack can last long enough to give Pumpkin here a kiss so I can get back to Sugar Cube Corner with these apples." Mr. Cake said, chuckling slightly as he heard another pony approaching him then greeting him.

Carrot Cake turned around and came face-to face with a black stallion whom he had a bit of a hard time placing at first. "Oh, hi there! Uh.. Inkwell, wasn't it?" Carrot cake said, nodding to Inkwell's question to him. "That's right, can't have apple pies without apples, after all." Mr. Cake said, giving Inkwell a friendly smile. "Good thing I brought Pumpkin here along with me though, otherwise I might have a bit of explaining to do when I got back home." he said, laughing nervously.

GrannySmith1WithText.png

"So ya buyin' some apples fer yur store, eh?" Granny Smith said to Carrot Cake as she continued to play with young Pumpkin Cake. "Sounds like a good idear! I know yur married so if'n yur skiddish bout kissin' my AppleJack, you kin always kiss ME instead! That way, yur lovely wife won't end up gitt'n jealous. I'm too old to be datin' or swoonin' anywho!"

Hearing his sister's 'idea' caused Apple Strudel to drop the bushel of apples he was holding as he stood stunned in shock.

"Ack! Uneemal!" the surprised gray bearded stallion shouted. "Nein Granny, dat may not be a good alternative."

"Well, my offer stands," Granny Smith said before getting a confused look on her face. "Now, what was it I was talkin' about?"

Quite the odd crowd, this Ponyville bunch. I didn't think things would become so...eventful until I got to the actual attraction. If I don't look interested, maybe they won't pull me into anything...

A few minutes of having looked ahead bored Harrington. He turned around and tried to listen to the conversation behind him between Carrot Cake, Granny Smith and Apple Strudel without looking like he wanted to listen in. One of his eyes twitched when Granny Smith mentioned that Carrot Cake could get a kiss from her instead of Applejack. Even if the intentions were good...it still didn't quite compute in his mind. After a short while, he had gotten to a point in listening that he simply looked back at them, forgetting he probably wasn't supposed to look like he was listening.

When Granny Smith asked what she was talking about, he nonchalantly chipped in, "Something about his store, I think."

The gray stallion smile before taking a dramatic pose and saying, “Well one of the best sorts, I am a storyteller!!”

His horn begin to glow as he says, “Yet I do not just tell the story but show it.” With these words images appear, of dragons and of ponies traveling across the lands. “Of dragons and of adventurers moving across the land” He shows the adventures finding an old castle in a dark forest, “of moving into the Forest of Silence to the castle holding the ancient ones.”

It shows the ponies standing before a dragon surrounded in green flames over a horde of gems and gold, “the these heroes facing the Surge of Shallow Heights.” The dragon was shown to be defeated, the ponies standing around him, “and of the dragon's defeat at the hooves of those fair smaller then him.”

"My, that is quite impressive magic, Mr Mythos." Opal said with a smile. "Maybe you could tell us a story? Or maybe part of it? It looks like it will still be quite the wait."

She looked around for the little blue filly that had been next to her, but she didn't see her. "Maybe it will even reinvigorate the interest of little miss Twilight. Who knows?" She laughed brightly, showing her perfect, white teeth.

Since the line didn't seem to move much at all, she decided to lean on a nearby fence post, her breezy dress flowing in the wind.

Pumpkin Cake blinked, growing bored with standing in line -- and what a long line it was! Granny Smith was interesting enough, but the foal found distraction quite easily. The baby unicorn looked up and saw poofy white clouds in the clear blue sky. One in particular looked like a giant eggplant. She stuffed her hoof into her mouth, watching as the rotund cloud floated slowly above her head. She thumped the back of her head against her Father's side, growing more weary with each passing moment. She needed entertainment badly!

Pumpkin popped her damp hoof out of her mouth, an idea spinning in her little mind. Of course! She wriggled her little flank, dislodging the red apple rattle that Granny had given her earlier. It was made with hard red material, shaped like an apple with a green leafy tip. She stuffed it in her mouth, lovingly coating it with her drool. She then pulled it out of her mouth, grinned naughtily, and tossed the wet toy straight at the back of Harrington's head!

Harrington was so entranced by the conversation he didn't notice what Pumpkin Cake was up to. He was looking just far enough to the side to not have caught any sight of her, even when she levitated the rattle Granny Smith gave her earlier. When she threw the toy, he remained oblivious until the rock-solid plastic apple struck him square in the back of his head.

"Ow!"

He was caught off-guard and grunted from the hit, stopping his forward momentum from the shock. He reached back and felt where the toy smacked him, made a bit clearer by the slobber that coated the toy, then looked behind him to find the rattle after a few seconds. He didn't recall it since Granny Smith had given it to the unicorn foal when he was looking ahead in line, so he didn't know who to return it to.

Somepony must have seen that...they'll know what to do...that really hurt, though...my head...

2diD4.png

Four pink hooves stopped up short of the drool-covered rattle. A strange pink mare scooped up the toy, giving it a flick. She was dressed in ridiculous "country" getup. Patched overalls hung loosely over her shoulders, a cupcake-patterned bandana tied around her neck, and a lollipop sticking out of her mouth in playful mockery of a wheat stalk. To finalize her country theme, she was shouldering a banjo with two broken strings. She shook the apple-shaped rattle, sending tendrils of thick foal spittle falling to the ground. "I know this drool anywhere! There must be a Cake Twin around!" Pinkie Pie grinned, slapping Harrington across the back with gusto. "Heehee, sorry about that! This isn't your rattle, is it? I'll make sure it returns to its owner!"

Pinkie trotted down the line, and what a long line it was! Whatever Applejack was doing, it was BIG! She spotted Carrot and Pumpkin a little way down the line, not far from the rattle. She broke into a gallop, brandishing the damp toy. "Carrot! Pumpkin! WHEEEEEEE! You're here for the party too?! That's so fantastically amazingly GREAT!" She stopped, breathing heavily in front of the two. "Brought...Banjo! We can play some songs! Why is there a line, anyway? Is Applejack having a wedding or something?"

Pumpkin Cake squirmed in her little side saddle, quite pleased to see her foalsitter, as well as the return of her rattle! She stretched her little hooves out to grasp at the toy. "Pie! Pie! Pie!" She cried out happily.

• Like 4

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Waking up every day as the youngest Apple meant that you were treated like the newborn foal much of the time. From Applejack's overprotective demeanor at times to being a blank flank, Apple Bloom could sometimes find herself feeling like she was just a stage removed from her diapers. She didn't deny that this could sometimes lead to her perhaps not being as excited openly around little foals as she felt internally. Because really, who didn't love foals? They were utterly adorable and heartcrushingly cute with the way they were still learning everything and were just- uggh, foals were just too cute. Yet still, some poor association meant that Apple Bloom was less likely than others to get all gaga over them.

That mostly changed with the Cakes' kids, who had a nice reserve of attitude to go with their looks. Pumpkin Cake especially had this sneaky fun sensibility about her that nopony with a single ounce of fun in them could deny was anything less than infectious. Apple Bloom hadn't been able to spend too much time with her or her brother, but seeing Mr. Cake tot her around was a sure sign that this kissing stuff was about to get adorable. There had been some drama in line and her heart had sunk with the exit of that lunatic, if only for the joy of conversation. Hopefully, dealing with Pumpkin would prove to be a complete turn around and get her back into the swing of things.

Well, that little bit of hope was put up to the post as Pumpkin tossed the rattle given to her by Granny Smith at a customer, the rattle cutting through the air like so much wheat as Pumpkin Cake displayed stunning strength. It smacked into another customer, which sent Apple Bloom's hooves up to her eyes. Images of the customer getting into a fight with Mr. Cake and the whole situation coming to a screeching halt. Apple Bloom launched from her position and engaged in a healthy trot towards Harrington, every intention of hers aimed at diffusing the silly but scary possibility in her mind. Before she could do this however, a pink savior struck from out of the blue like a lightning bolt. Well, a lightning bolt dressed up in a country west outfit for a reason that was sure to be revealed. She rectified the situation swiftly and allowed Apple Bloom the time she needed to get back in the groove of things by getting away from the stand and in with the crowd once more.

"Well, hai thar Pinkie Pie! That's one dandy get-up ya have on. Whats it for? Ah didn't know ya liked ta play banjo. You should come ta tha family reunion next time an' play some. An naw, se ain't gettin' married! Why, you'd be one of tha first ponies ta know if she was, seein' as yer one of 'er best friends an all. She'd need a special somepony first anyway, Ah think Carrot Top'd be-" Apple Bloom blushed and stopped herself mid-stream, realizing she had both said a sentence too much and was working against the count now. Besides, after the way she seemed to be all into Earth Writer, she was sure the playing field was far wider than she had previously believed.

"Err, anyway. This is the Apple Kiss! We needed ta sell all of'r extra apples, so today tha first one-hundred ponies who biy a bushel of apples also get a kiss! Ah also had ta kiss some colt who was all shy and such. Flim and Flam stopped bah and were bein' real sneaky like and one of 'em- Ah can't tell 'em apart- even stole a kiss. Rarity stopped bah too, real friendlylike," Apple Bloom began excitedly, keeping in the back of her mind the upcoming date for Granny's party and Sweet's allied effort with Pinkie for it. Hopefully, things would go as smoothly then as they were now! She looked around, noting that she had one more pony she had to talk to.

"Ah'll talk ta ya later, Pinkie. Gotta make sure that Stallion's not gonna fall over or nothin' after Pumpkin knocked him good right up aside his noggin," She said with a giggle and a polite nod before she finished her trot to Harrington.

"Ah'm sorry 'bout that, tiny little Pumpkin Cake thar got all excited and tossed 'er little rattle. She didn't mean nothin' bah it, just a silly lil' foal and all. Are ya okay? Mah name's Apple Bloom and this here's the Apple Kiss! Buy a bushel of the best apples in all o'Equestria and get a free kiss from mah sister, the smartest, nicest, and prettiest mare in all o'Equestria!" Apple Bloom mixed an excuse for Pumpkin, caring for her customers, and her sales pitch in one well-done spiel. Maybe she had a future wandering Equestria selling the family's wares.