[Sweet Apple Acres] 100 Country Kisses (Closed. NO Kisses Left)

Hippo

Quiet Sapphire walked up to the Booth as it was finally his turn, He had been waiting for some of these Apples ever since he arrived here in Ponyville and now he could get some. He smiled at Applejack and gave a polite bow. [colour=#000080]"H-hello-"[/colour] He began but jumped a bit seeing a young filly jump up on the table to tell her what she did. He chuckled at her energetic personality as she seemed to have done a good job and was proud of her performance.

He then looks at Applejack. [colour=#000080]"N-nice to meet you Applejack, I'm Q-quiet Sapphire, I actually came all the way from Trottingham here to ponyville to get some ideas for a new song I'm working on, but also to get some Sweet Apple Acres Apples, I love the apples here."[/colour] He said with a shy smile. [colour=#000080]"S-so Can I get 2 bushels of Gala Apples?"[/colour] He said

[colour=#FF0000]"Applejack! Applejack! Luna left, but Ah did a real' good job showin' 'er 'round the orchard. Why, I betcha ten bits ta a twig she ain't never gonna forget it!"[/colour] She blasted out, jumping on top of the counter in her excitement. She had so much to tell her sister that she was almost forgetting what the hay was going on.

Wild Riot's ears perked at the sudden announcement. "P-princess Luna... was here?" he whispered under his breath, a bright flush shining through his white coat. His head darted around as he pranced about nervously as if by merely wishing it so, he might see her, even only a parting glance of her flank or the flutter of a wing feather. What kind of farm was this that Princess Luna would come for a tour...? Looking at the faces of the other ponies in line, he smiled somewhat awkwardly and forced a semblence of composure, though an idiotic grin remained plastered to his face for several minutes more as he turned back to his place in line.

GrannySmith1WithText.png

[colour=#00ff00]"That's it young feller," [/colour]Granny said, continuing to address Pocket Change, [colour=#00ff00]"stay in line here and you'll git a kiss from my own granddaughter AppleJack! I ain't gonna toot her horn, but she's kinda famous round Equestria fer bein' a keeper of one of them thar Elements of Harmony!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Dat's right!" [/colour]added Apple Strudel, [colour=#006400]"she und her friends help ta defeat Nightmare Moon und Discord und King Sombra too! Vee are both so proud of her!"[/colour]

[colour=#00ff00]"Yessiree, that's our AppleJack!" [/colour]Granny Smith bragged with a smile until a frown came upon her face. [colour=#00ff00]"Now YOU let'r kiss ya right, er you're gonna answer ta ME!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Vhoa mein sister!" [/colour]the bearded stallion neighed as he pulled her away from Pocket Change. [colour=#006400]"Please sir, do not mind her, she gets confused sometimes."[/colour]

[colour=#00ff00]"CONFUSED? ME? What the hay are ya jabberin' about?" [/colour]Granny Smith protested until a blank look came on her face. [colour=#00ff00]"Now, what was all that I was a-sayin'?"[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Ice Storm moved up in the line, and as she had done so, she began to find out why Applejack was so busy today. After watching everypony in front of her, and now getting close enough to read the signs that were on her stand, Applejack was giving out free kisses with the purchase of a bushel. The thought made Ice blush a bit. She'd never kissed anypony before, let alone another mare. She began to wonder what it would be like. Since it was mostly just a business deal, she figured that it would most likely just be a quick peck. Something friendly enough to pass, but stern enough to know that it was just business. what if it wasn't like that though? Or rather, what if AJ's thoughts on quick and friendly were a lot different from hers? Judging by the way that she'd seen some of the ponies in front of her get kissed, it could be any number of things, all of which sending butterflies into her stomach. Well, I really need the apples... this is... just an added benefit yes? she thought to herself shaking her head to clear her thoughts. She decided to just attempt to act as she would had she not found out about the kissing part of the sale today. [/colour]

"Apple Jack?", the stallion blinked for a moment as he let everything settle in. He had heard that name before, but where? He glanced out of the line and finally caught sight of the mare at the end. "Oh." His heart started to race a little as he studied the brilliant gamboge coloured earth pony before he disappeared back into the line, "Lady Applejack, the bearer of the element of 'Honestly' and one of Princess Celestia's Champions. Weird. I just ran into one of her companions just a few hours ago in the woods. The pink and rather silly one.", he wanted to chuckle at the elderly mare's 'threat', but couldn't muster up the will to do so as she appeared to be downright serious. "Yes, mam! I'll let her kiss me whenever and wherever she pleases."

"Oh pony-feathers. That did not sound right.", he thought to himself before asking Granny Smith, "So, what's with the kissing? Not that I don't mind, as just a hoofful of bits to get some of the most famous apples in all of Equestria and an actual kiss from probably one of the most prettiest ponies in the land sound like a steal! There isn't going to be some sort of catch, is there?"

bannerapplejack.png

[colour=#000000]Applejack smiled down on the colt. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Two Gala bushels, comin' right up!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack, in her regular haste, pulled ahead the product in front of the customer's eyes for him to see. The apples glistened and shined as they always did, and Applejack smiled with confidence. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"That's ten bits, for two bushels, and a free kiss."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack looked the colt in the eyes and raised an eyebrow. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Will this be cash or credit?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]From behind, Applejack could hear her sister return from what Applejack remembered was a tour of the farm. She was expecting her to come back with urgency about some random accident, either something about Luna suffocating in the pig pen or having the royal Princess coming back upset about how disgusting Sweet Apple Acres was. Instead, all she saw was an Apple Bloom beam, which seemed to get wider and wider the closer she hopped towards the long line of nervous ponies. When she got within earshot, she exclaimed that Luna would never forget the visit. Applejack thought that was clear before the tour even started, but she shrugged off the inconsistency with a side hug with her sister when she was close enough. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Well, Abby. Only sixty-one kisses left today. We're makin' good progress!"[/colour]

61 Kisses left!

[colour=#008080]Next up[/colour]

40. Quiet Harmony

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Wild Riot

44. Luminous Charge

45. Pocket Change

(If the line order is incorrect, please tell me in PM)

On hold:

Survey (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Savory Spell (inactive - PM me when ready)

Problems and rules log (please review):

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice.

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

[colour=#FF8C00]Kissed[/colour]

1-10

1. Carrot Fields :smug:

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

4. Dunder Blust :???:

5. Gentle Sol applebloom01byzutheskun.png

6. Flam watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

7. Starburst :???:

8. Astral :smug:

9. Flim watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

10. Silverbolt :smug:

11-20

11. Klondike :smug:

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

14. Rarity ajscreen.png;)

15. Pigpen :smug:

16. Cherry Jubilee :???:

17. Misty Morning :smug:

18. Pathfinder :???:

19. Earth Writer :smug:

20. Thorn

21-30

21. Metal Maker :smug:

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

25. Electric Vibe :smug:ajscreen.png

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

32. Pinkie Pie :smirk:

33. Star Storm :smug:

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

39. Professor Ashen Smirk

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Quiet Harmony blushed a bit as he was getting a free Kiss with his purchase, and was nervous as he never kissed anypony before, he was too shy for that kind of thing. He nodded as he pulled out his pouch and got 10 bits and laid them down for her to collect. [colour=#000080]"H-h-here you go Miss Applejack ..."[/colour] He said as polite as possible then got the bushels of apples and set them to the side as he would plan to enjoy them later while resting and working on some more of his music.

bannerapplejack.png

[colour=#000000]Applejack shoveled the bits into her treasure chest, and then started to lean forward to kiss the pony. But before she could graze lips, she pulled away. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Hey Granny, would you and Strudel do me a favour and make some more of those variety bushels? I think we're gonna need more."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]After speaking, Applejack refocused on her customer, who was shaking nervously for the kiss. However, Applejack paid the condition no mind. This was her fortieth kiss, after all. She started to lean in again, but then got distracted, once again. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"I wonder if I left the oven on this morning after I make those breakfast fritters. Did I leave it on?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack tapped her chin for a moment, and then realized a vague memory of her extinguishing the oven's heat. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Oh thats right, I did turn it off."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Applejack leaned in a third time. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Wait a minute."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack turned her head towards her sister. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Hey Abby. Did you feed the chickens this morning? I know were we busy settin' this here stand up, but I need to make sure that the birds are getting fed."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Applejack looked back at the colt. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Now where was I? Oh yeah!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack stepped forward and leaned into the colt. She stepped back. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "You know..."[/colour]

61 Kisses left!

40. Quiet Harmony

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Wild Riot

44. Luminous Charge

45. Pocket Change

On hold:

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

• Like 1

Quiet Harmony was just about to fall over from all of this nonsense as this was getting ridiculous then began to wonder if she was just doing this to either tease the poor colt, or of she really was that forgetful. He was no longer shy about the kiss, as he was now a bit annoyed at what she was doing to him, and he didn't like that one bit but he sighed trying to calm down so he wouldn't be annoyed. [colour=#000080]"Wh-what is it?"[/colour] He asked when she began with 'You know'.

bannerapplejack.png

[colour=#ff0000]"Sometimes I think mah customers are just here to get a kiss, instead of get apples."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack leaned forward towards Quiet and kissed him firmly on the lips, very contently. When pulled away, she chuckled. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"But that can't be true. That's just silly. Mah apples can speak for themselves. Today, all of mah customers are just getting an extra little treat. Besides, that would mean I would start doubting the quality of mah own apple orchard."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack slapped the counter with hilarity. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Could you imagine that?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack was talking to the blue colt, despite his ability to follow what she was saying. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"I mean, seriously. If I brought all the apples out of the shed just to count them individually, the number of apples I sold that day would reflect just how great our product is, and the ones we have left are a measure of mah future, not mah failures. On the other hoof, if I were to kiss ponies all the time for buying apples, these numbers shouldn't change."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Applejack looked at the blue colt, who was free to go now that he had his apples and his kiss. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Right?"[/colour]

60 Kisses left!

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Wild Riot

44. Luminous Charge

45. Pocket Change

On hold:

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

4. Dunder Blust :?

7. Starburst :?

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

16. Cherry Jubilee :?

18. Pathfinder :?

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

• Like 1

Quiet Harmony blushed as she kissed him on the lips and he almost fell over again as that was his first kiss and it was lovely. He then shook his head to get his thoughts together. [colour=#000080]"O-Of course, I actually came here to get apples as these are my favorite apples and this is my favorite place to get them, I came all the way from trottingham as well, and I plan to enjoy every single One of them."[/colour] He said. He then picked up the apples and smiles at her. [colour=#000080]"Th-thank you for the Apples Miss Applejack, You have a good day."[/colour] He said and went to leave to rest and eat some apples.

bannerapplejack.png

[colour=#000000]Applejack reflected back a gleeful smile. A satisfied customer meant a satisfied Applejack. And for the ten more seconds that it lasted, it was motivated her to press forward. She saw a ice blue unicorn ahead next in line. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Come on up, Sugar. I got just what you need!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack grabbed a few sample apples and rushed to the customer's side. She forced a green apple into her mouth, and held up the other two apple varieties while saying, [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"that there is a Granny Smith, this one is a Pink Lady, this one is a Braeburn. We got Red Delicious still. It's our most popular variety. And if you'd like to try something different, we also have Golden Delicious. With these pretties, you get less apples, but they are larger in size, usually."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack leaned on her customer with confidence, waiting for the impressed feedback, should the unicorn mare give it back. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"What would you like?"[/colour]

60 Kisses left!

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Wild Riot

44. Luminous Charge

45. Pocket Change

On hold:

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Applejack was sure running through stallions(and some mares) like she tossed away used towels after a session of mud wrestling. That was one of the most fun sister activites they shared, soon to be overtaken by successful kiss stand management. Why, after today Applejack would be the most famous pony in all of Equestria, apples and kisses alike telling stories that would be recounted for generations about the time they met the cutest, smartest, nicest, and bestest mare in all of Ponyville and beyond. And they'd tell their great great great great great grandfoals that they would never forget her, and darn tootin' they wouldn't because she was Applejack, the best sister in the long and glorious history of sisters. Plus, she was super smart, and was even holding a conversation as she kissed a fella, which was a sign of pretty awesome multi-tasking skills. Not as great as itemizing the whole orchard while baking and singing a nursery rhyme to a sick Apple Bloom, but close. She even had time to worry about the well-being of the farm!

[colour=#ff0000]"Ah made sure ta feed tha chickens', double sure of it on account of how 'cited Ah was about tha event today! Why, I made sure Ah fed tha chickens, gave tha pigs an extra special bath, planted tha seeds in the west garden, did mah homework, and made sure ta clean mah hooves extra nice. See?"[/colour] She said, offering up a hoof which was shockingly clean considering the activity of the day. She finished the kiss and another stallion left the farm satisfied. Next up was Ice Storm, a nice break from the recent onslaught of stallions according to the list.

[colour=#ff0000]"Hey Applejack, do ya need somethin' to drink 'fore you kiss this pretty mare? Ah bet yer lips are parched!"[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Ice gave a bright cheery smile as Applejack greeted her. She also started naming the names of all the apples that were currently on the stand, which made Ice's eyes shrink a bit with each one. She knew that there were some different varieties of apples, but she didn't know there were this many. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Hi Applejack, I have to say, you're one of the bravest Mares I've seen. I know I for one wouldn't have the courage to host a sale like this,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she spoke with a smile. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"That being said, I didn't even know there were that many different types of apples. I was actually just coming here to get supplies for my shop, but since there are so many, does each one have their own taste or do that all taste just about the same? I wanna know before I make a large purchase for a special. I was thinking maybe of having a 5-apple slushie spectacular if they mix well together,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she added before hearing apple bloom ask AJ if she needed something to drink before they kissed, which made Ice blush just a small bit.[/colour]

bannerapplejack.png

[colour=#000000]Applejack smiled back at Apple Bloom for her quick and positive response, but also for being such a cute little sister. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Thats a great idear, Sis! Fetch me some of that chilled apple juice in the cooler, grab two bottles of it. One for me, and one for mah payin' customer here."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She turned to Ice Storm. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"I'll have you try our apple juice made from what we call our mixed apple selection. They contain pretty much whatever apples we don't use for everythang else. Taste can sometimes vary a little, but it great all the same. Now you mentioned a slushie," [/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack waved her hoof around like a sophisticated salespony, [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"I'm sure you're just testing out an apple slushie for you personal use, and not mass producing it."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack chuckled. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Because we have our own juice line that we like to sell during the heat of summer, so I hope you're not planning on putting us outta business."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack winked, and then nudged her. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "But seriously, don't do that. Any combination is worth trying. Sometimes, the types of apples end up sweeter than they normally do. It depends on a lot of things. The only thing you can be sure of, however, is that it will be absolutely delicious, and worth it, especially at five bits for a bushel! So how about a bushel of apples and a complimentary kiss on the lips for only five bits?"[/colour][colour=#000000] As Applejack finished her long-winded spiel, her lips were positively chapped.[/colour]

60 Kisses left!

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Wild Riot

44. Luminous Charge

45. Pocket Change

On hold:

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

iATK8D2.png

It had been a rather productive week for Cherry Berry. She had auditioned for three roles in the small dramatics club at Ponyville theatre, made two paid trips to and from Cloudsdale in her balloon, and had canned and sold almost 50 jars of her famous Cherry Jam.

Now, on this lovely afternoon in Ponyville, she had already given the envelope of the balloon a thorough cleaning (never an easy job; it had been followed immediately by a bath for herself) and the massive deflated balloon was now laying out in her backyard to dry. She had weeded the garden, and her small crops of carrots, strawberries, tomatoes and capsicums were coming along nicely. Perhaps she might try growing corn and green beans again this year. She last thing she had done was tidied her kitchen. She planned on spending most of tomorrow on another big batch of cherry jam. A fresh shipment of rainier cherries from the orchard in Dodge Junction had just arrived that morning and she had enough ingredients on hand to make another good batch of roughly thirty jars if she spent the day working on it.

This sense of accomplishment had put Chibsy in a rather uncharacteristically good mood. She felt like celebrating with a nice big slice of cherry pie coupled with a scoop of French vanilla ice cream. She opened the fridge to retrieve the slice of leftover pie only to realize she had eaten the last piece the night before.

"Ponyfeathers," she muttered, "I was really looking forward to that piece of pie."

Oh well, it was nothing she couldn't fix. Baking pie was one of her favourite activities. She began bustling around the newly tidied kitchen, retrieving the ingredients and equipment she would need. Partway through her bustling about, her soft indigo eyes fell upon an advertisement she had found slipped under her door but cast aside that morning.

On it was a simple drawing, seemingly done by a young filly or colt, of an orange mare wearing a brown hat and standing next to some apples. In big, bold and rather untidy hoof writing, Cherry Berry read the words "Buy a bushel of apples of get yourself a free kiss by Ponyville's prettiest, nicest, strongest, and bestest mare, Applejack!"

Applejack was running a kissing booth? Chibsy could hardly believe her good fortune; Applejack was a good salespony, a great athlete, an excellent apple farmer, and of course one of the apple family who owned and operated Sweet Apple Acres, any half-witted resident of Ponyville knew that much about her. She was also, most importantly, a darned good-looking mare, and Cherry Berry certainly wasn't going to object to a kiss from the accomplished apple farmer; hopefully mares would be accepted alongside the stallions that would no doubt be flocking to Sweet Apple Acres.

A bushel of apples? If she bought two bushels, would she get two kisses? Hmm, best not to push her luck, though she would need some golden delicious and some granny smith apples for her cooking. Cherry pie was her favourite, but cherries and apples combined still made a pretty tasty treat. She could even make a few jars of apple and cherry jam tomorrow - it had been a few weeks since she had last prepared that particular recipe. She collected her bit purse and placed her empty saddlebags on her back, then leaving her cozy cottage she set off through Ponyville to the famous apple orchard just outside of town.

Upon arriving at the entrance to the farm, Cherry Berry was not the least bit surprised to discover that a small queue of stallions had formed in front of the kissing booth. She was, however, quite delighted to see that the young mare was conversing with another mare. Pleased, the pink mare took her place at the end of the queue to wait for her turn to be kissed.

• Like 2

Chilled Apple Cider! Why hadn't Apple Bloom thought about that? Of all the great and amazing things they made, Chilled Apple Cider may have been the best. Well, that was a great overstatement, but ever since her birthday party she had developed a certain love of the beverage no matter the way it was presented. And chilled meant it would be the most refreshing beverage possible for Applejack, Apple Bloom, and the customer. Apple Bloom nodded excitedly and then jumped off of the stand, trotting energetically to the cooler and prying it open. She took out three bottles, put them in her mouth, and trotted with even more energy back to her big sister. She tossed the two bottles up on top before leaning against the stand's legs. She tried opening hers to no avail, the cap hard and well-put on.

[colour=#ff0000]"Good for nothin' caps, who're we tryin' ta prevent from drinking cider? Little old grannies?!"[/colour] She burst, this time bringing her teeth into the anti-cap action. She bit the cap and twisted and this time the cap came off with a nice pop, audible enough to make Apple Bloom's eyes snap open. Her eyes drifted knowingly over to the only mare who could have taken offense to those words and who just so happened to have been close by. Granny Smith. Oops.

[colour=#ff0000]"Uhh, 'cept you of course!"[/colour] And with those kind words and tossed in a full-face effort cheshire grin as she re-tightened the cap to seal in the chilled cider goodness. After a few seconds, she felt safe enough to take a few furtive sips- Ahhh, now that's the good stuff! So much so, she brought a small parchment of paper and started writing something down.

[colour=#0000ff]"Oh believe me, I have no intention of putting anypony out of business. After all, if you went out, where would I get my apples from? I only use the highest quality apples, and everypony in Equestria knows there are no better apples than the ones grown by the Apple family here at Sweet Apple Acres, and even so, it would horribly cost ineffective for me to even consider something like that for any longer than a weekend sale. If I did that I wouldn't be able to carry anything else, and I have no intention to limiting an entire store to one item. Especially one that's associated with Ice cream,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she spoke happily to the mare as she handed her an apple juice. Her eyes lit up. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Oh wow, this apple juice is amazing! I bet you'd be hard pressed to find anything that you can't make amazing with apples,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she beamed before AJ made her unnecessary sales pitch. She didn't need any sweet talking to buy what she came here to buy. She smiled at the mare. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Actually, I'll take three Bushels of the Granny Smith, the Red Delicious, and the Braeburns, and one each of the Golden Delicious and the Pink Ladies,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she ordered before realizing a potential flaw in her ordering. She'd forgotten her cart. How in Celestia's name was she going to get these home? Oh well, she'd figure it out.[/colour]

bannerapplejack.png

[colour=#000000]Applejack's eyes curled as she watched her sister attempt to open the bottle, fail at first, but then eventually succeed. How well-represented as an Apple! If at first you don't succeed, you try, try, again. Applejack took her own apple juice, and with Ice Storm, uncapped the bottle with a small flick of her hoof and took a large gulp of the chilled cider. When she stopped and breathed, she made a satisfied gasp at the refreshment the juice brought to her parched throat and lips. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"That sure hits the spot, don't it!?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Applejack zipped behind the counter. It was time to make this sale final. She drug the five bushels of apples asked for forward towards Ice Storm and presented them with a smile. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"That's twenty-five bits, please! And what kinduh kiss would you like?"[/colour]

60 Kisses left!

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Wild Riot

44. Luminous Charge

45. Pocket Change

46. Cherry Berry

On hold:

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

[colour=#0000ff]"Actually, I need six more bushels, two more of the red delicious, two more of the granny smith and..."[/colour][colour=#000080] she trailed off looking at the number of bushels that was already present. She was going to struggle just to get these. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Ah forget it, I'll come back tomorrow for the rest of the apples when I have my cart," [/colour][colour=#000080]she replied placing Twenty-five bits on the stand for Applejack. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"And I'm fine with whatever type of kiss you wanna give me,"[/colour][colour=#000080] Ice smiled, not even a hint of blush. She knew it was all business. [/colour]

bannerapplejack.png

[colour=#ff0000]"Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold up their partner!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack disappeared behind a nearby bushed before walking out with a humble-sized cart large enough to carry about a dozen bushels on it harnessed to her shoulders. She took it off and presented it to her loyal customer. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Here's the deal. I'll let you use this here cart free of charge."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack whispered to Ice Storm. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "But only, if you tell someone else to come get their apple supply from Sweet Apple Acres today."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack looked pensive and smiled. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"So! How many bushels did you need now?"[/colour]

60 Kisses left!

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Wild Riot

44. Luminous Charge

45. Pocket Change

46. Cherry Berry

On hold:

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

GrannySmith1WithText.png

[colour=#00FF00]"Got'm comin', AppleJack!" [/colour]Granny Smith shouted over to her brother. [colour=#00FF00]"Need more variety baskets up here, Strudel! Git the lead out and hurry!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Javol mein sister!" [/colour]the bearded stallion shouted back as he pushed two more bushel baskets up to the Apple Stand with his head. [colour=#006400]"I vill have more very soon!"[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"Good Strudel! Looks like my granddaughter's sellin' a lot more of'm than we figgered in the first place! Good thing we got so many different kinds of apples here at Sweet Apple Acres!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Javol! Vee even have Zap Apples vhen day are in season!"[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"Darn tootin', Strudel! And besides that, we even got Zap Apples when thar in season too!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"You are alvays correct, mein sister," [/colour]Apple Strudel said with a smile as the elderly stallion brought up two more variety bushels to the apple stand.

It took Apple Bloom a few minutes since it was way out of her league, but she accomplished her mission before Applejack was even through with her current customers. She had always been the unofficial Apple family slogan maker if only because nopony else had the willingness to come up with catchy advertisements like she did. Apple Bloom knew she wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer or anything so she always just chocked it up to her siblings wanting her to grow and experience something uniquely hers, even if she was just as bad at it as she was at most chores she was assigned. Still, she was excited about this one and as she finished it up, she bounced up and down.

[colour=#ff0000]"Applejack! Applejack! Ah came up with the best slogan fer apple cider ever!"[/colour] She squealed with delight, bouncing up and down with excess energy and generally being adorable. She then placed the note with the slogan on the table.

[colour=#ff0000]"Look at it!"[/colour] She nudged Applejack and looked back- just in time to see a fierce gust of wind take the slip of note and steal it away! Everything pegasi touched was disaster prone in one way or another, darnit!

[colour=#ff0000]"No, come back!"[/colour] She yelled for a moment before she saw that whatever vile wind had stolen her previous slogan was fierce and long, and it was soon over the tops of all nearby trees and deep into the orchard. There would be no recovering that golden nugget of Bloomian wit, and she'd be reduced to coming up with something equally vapid.

[colour=#ff0000]"Land's sakes!"[/colour] She muttered, backing down from the top and sighing dramatically.

The line was moving along slowly, and Luminous Charge was taking advantage of the lazy pace to give himself a good stretch. Gingerly, the stallion removed his saddlebags and continued his routine, moving from his legs to his wings. He’d been doing quite a lot of flying, and had missed his morning stretches – something he’d no doubt be paying for the next day. He wasn’t quite as young and limber as he once was, unfortunately.

He was really starting to get into his stretches, surprisingly apathetic towards the fact that he was presenting an image that served as the total antithesis to his character: sweaty, unkempt, and totally uncouth with his exercises! Shocking. In any case, Lume felt that his behaviour was forgivable considering he was on a farm, and long distance flying was tough stuff! If his muscles said stretch, he would be sure to listen, lest he risk putting a wing out of commission and delaying his plans.

The sculptor was so into his little exercises that he was hardly aware of anything but the seconds he was ticking away in his mind as he shifted positions to work one limb or another. He was very nearly in a state of total relaxation, in fact, when his peace was totally interrupted by the shrill voice of an enthused little filly. With a sigh, Lume stood up normally and brushed dust and dirt from his sides with his wings, promising himself that he’d finish his little routine later.

[colour=#ff0000]<"No, come back! Land's sakes!">[/colour]

The stallion blinked. A small slip of paper had been whisked away from the young earth pony and she seemed to be rather disgruntled. He looked behind himself to see there were only two other ponies behind him in the line and let loose a little sigh. Getting shoved back two spots in line wouldn’t be too bad; if he left a filly upset like that over something he could fix easily, he’d be terribly ashamed of himself!

[colour=#800000]“Watch my saddlebags, please,”[/colour] he said to the filly. Without waiting for a response, he shot off into the air and rode a speedy little wind that was heavy with the scent of fresh apples towards the direction the paper had gone. Luckily Lume had been watching with a keen eye when the note had descended into the orchard, and with such a quick wind to ride he had found it in no time, tangled up in the sagging branches of fruit-laden trees. Very carefully, so as not to disturb the orchard at all, he reached down for the paper and grabbed it between his two front hooves. The winged stallion managed to maneuver himself without knocking down too many apples – it sounded as if one or two fell to the ground, causing him to wince a little all the same. It may not have been the whole tree-full, but he still felt guilty.

Flying back took Lume a little longer as he had to fight against the wind, but he at least made a smooth landing.

[colour=#800000]“I might have knocked some apples from the tree this was in,”[/colour] he said matter-of-factly to the filly, tossing his head to keep his windswept mane away from his eyes, [colour=#800000]“Three at the most – I am sorry.”[/colour]

Though his very small smile and curt speech painted a somewhat unfriendly picture, Luminous Charge was relaxed as he offered the all-important piece of paper to the filly and hoped his actions would speak louder than his stony exterior. At least then he wouldn’t have to worry about scaring the youngster!

Pocket Change had become so enamored in the sight of the comely earth pony that he nearly missed the small bit of action and excitement that was being performed right before his very muzzle. He watched as an errant 'woosh' of wind caught a small pony's scrap of paper and sent it spiraling into the apple grove. While this alone would not have moved the unicorn, he couldn't help but feel sorry for the adorable little foal as she sighed dramatically after losing her paper. As the stallion tried to figure out what he could do, the rather foul-smelling Pegasus pony that had been standing near him in line let his wings do all the thinking for him. And in a flash, the helpful pony was back with the foal's note in hoof and was presenting it back to her. How heroic! The white coated stallion couldn't help but feel jealous knowing he would probably get an extra special kiss from the little mare's sister in response to his heroics. Thankfully Pocket Change was not a petty pony, and decided he would make things a little better for both the stallion and apple-kicking out with hind-legs mare.

Once the paper was hoofed over, and thanks were given, the unicorn scooted a little closer to Luminous Charge. "Pssst!", he whispered, "Good show there. I would have done something, but there was no way I could have moved as fast as you just did, even without the rather unpleasant bites and stings I received during my stay in the 'Whitetail Woods'. Let me help you, and the in turn I'll be helping out the breathtaking Lady Applejack as well.", he got even closer, "There's no nice way of saying this. But you reek. You smell like the underside of an elderly cave troll and I can help you! With your permission, I'll throw one of my 'Glamor' cantrips over you. This should make you scent rather pleasant.", he realized this might anger the stallion, but he also feared his horrid stench might be the end of the heroic Applejack.

"One more thing.", he whispered back, "If I use my cantrip, would you promise to stop with the calisthenics? Its sort of creepy."

• Like 1