[Sweet Apple Acres] 100 Country Kisses (Closed. NO Kisses Left)

Hippo

As Curiosity was desperately trying to tear his eyes away from the public display of affection in front of him and not appear to be so obviously from a sheltered background, a large opaque bubble appeared around the Princess and the two kissing ponies. His instant reaction was to blush furiously and glance around guiltily assuming that his blatant ogling of the pair had caused an outraged pony to shelter them, because truly how much more of a Canterlot snob could he be right now?

Luckily, before that train of thought fully took control, the Princess' guard shouted for her then started ramming heavily into the shield. That was worse than any hoof in the mouth! He danced from one hoof to the other in a panic as the seconds ticked by and the guard continued to batter ineffectually at the barrier. Ohmigosh, what should he do? Should he try to help and risk causing more harm? What could he do anyway as he was not long out of high school and he had not even decided on what direction he was going to follow himself?

While Curiosity was dithering and berating himself for obviously not being soldier material the barrier disappeared with a pop and the diving guard was stopped with a second bubble of the same colour. The blue unicorn mare that was, it now appeared, the cause of this magical fuss finished a tirade that had previously been hidden and turned with a sly smile, making scandalous accusations against the Princess and her guard!

Princess Twilight Sparkle graciously took the time to ensure that her guard was unharmed and to thank the ponies who had gathered at the stall while the blue mare, he recalled someone muttering Trixie, trotted away with her apples. There was another purple flash and the Princess with her guard teleported after her.

Raising his head from a bow, Curiosity could not help but crane his neck in an attempt to overhear the exchange between the Royal mare and the smaller unicorn but a combination of distance and obscuring mist drowned out any sound. He did notice a second flash followed by a puff of smoke and thought he saw the arrogant unicorn running away as the Princess sadly shook her head. That the Princess would feel sorry for the attitude of one such as this Trixie surely was a mark of her royal nature.

'...I'm thinking you want some apples.'

'Thank you...', Curiosity subconsciously replied as his mind called back what his ears had heard while he was distracted. Curses! The griffon had left while he was staring after the Princess. That would teach him not to trawl after gossip. 'Watcha need... big and strong stallion...', that was certainly an odd thing for the red bowed filly to say! Perhaps youngsters grew up quickly in smaller settlements like these and he supposed he was older than her so she could be forgiven.

'...that is very sweet of you to say miss...', he continued, still half on auto-pilot as his vision caught up and he found himself gazing into field green eyes level with his own rather than the expected, and socially safer, top of a bow.

He blinked twice and made a conscious effort to keep his jaw from dropping as he realised he was looking at the golden maned earth pony that he had previously seen kissing Trixie. This was who he was going to kiss? He nervously dropped his gaze from her deep emerald eyes and mentally cursed as he found himself wondering why musculature gained from work looked so very different from that formed in a Canterlot gym.

'That is to say...', no subconscious response would suffice this time.

He stared at the floor now, scuffing one hoof as he tried again. Raising his head to speak...

PRINCESS CELESTIA!

A tall white Alacorn stood towards the rear of the queue, serene face haloed by the warm colours of a summer dawn. Her alabaster coat looked immaculate as she stood there, on a dusty country path, like the glorious sun bringing light, warmth and life to all.

Wait...Princess Celestia herself. Princess Twilight, the element of magic, shown in stained glass at Canterlot castle with her friends and other elements, including an orange coated, golden maned pony with three apples for...

He was going to kiss the element of honesty on a dirt track leading to a farm in a village where he was doing work experience with the ruler of Equestria for the last thousand years looking on.

No subconscious response would suffice this time.

Blueblood, who'd been watching his aunt for a reaction, was gratified to see that stifled smirk on her face. Ah, good, he hadn't crossed a line; it would have been embarrassing to provoke a rebuke in front of everypony. Again. Still, given Celestia's own prolictivity for little pranks to "break the ice," he needn't have worried much anyway.

As for the other mare... her reactions were much less subtle. "Oh, yes. She's not one to be left out of things, you know? After all, we are in line to have an apple farmer kiss us. She could hardly refuse you, after that." He wasn't totally sure if the princess would kiss Presteza, or indeed how many others would ask after overhearing their conversation, but it would be fun to find out, certainly.

*Oh dear, I think I'm turning into my aunt. What that her devious plan all along?*

It was something of a relief to be turned from these disturbing reflections by the recognition of his royal person... not that she seemed all that pleased to see him. That was a sadly common attitude of most mares these days. Not that she had to worry about him dragging her into high life; that station of life was quite full enough, as far as he was concerned. Still, he favored her with a bow of greeting. "The same. You are a painter, you said? I am afraid that I can't recall seeing your work in the galleries."

GrannySmith1WithText.png

While her bearded brother continued his search for AppleBloom, Granny Smith took a look down the line and spotted Celestia.

"Jumpin' Gee-HAUS-A-FAT! It's Princess Celestia! HAY Applejack! Princess Celestia's in line now!" the elderly mare shouted as she bowed. When she got back up, Granny Smith reached for Apple Strudel's old tripod camera. "Since Strudel ain't here, it's up ta me to set up his camera fer when Celestia come up here!"

Meanwhile, Professor Krashkop continued talking with Carrot Top.

"So Fraulien, I hear you have a very special somepony now! Dat is so vonderba! I vonce had a very special somepony vhen I vas young und.... ACK UNEEMAL! Look behind us! It's Princess Celestia!"

The elderly green Pegasus stallion immediately bowed towards the co-ruler of Equestia.

"Why yes," Carrot replied blushing a bit as it seemed her secret was not so much anymore, "His name is Hayseed and we met in Mr. Rich's store and now we're a couple and.."

Suddenly her conversation with Professor Krashkop was broken by him mentioning Princess Celestia. Turning around, the mare saw without a doubt that a few ponies back from her was indeed the Princes!

"Hello there Princess Celestia," Carrot Top said giving an awkward bow in her presence, clearly showing the farm pony was not used to being in the presence of a royal pony.

banner_applejack_zpscd51b6b0.png

"Uh, partner?" Applejack waved a hoof in his face. "You there?" The pony seemed completely in shock, and as he looked back he could see Princess Celestia walking up in line, talking to ponies around her with her nephew prince. "Oh." Applejack could now understand why the pony would be so nervous. Celestia was here and everypony was losing their minds. Made sense to her.

"Howdy Princess!" Applejack waved informally from a far, giving attention to her as a gift of acknowledgement. "Ya'll stay right where you are in line, I'll get to you eventually!" With a smile on her face, Applejack may not have realized how rude that may have sounded towards royalty. But all the matter, the best thing she could do is not keep her waiting and serve the customers in front of her in a timely fashion.

Applejack grabbed Curiosity's face with her hoof, and had him face hers. Her smile rounded softly as she gave him a relaxed look of confidence, in an attempt to settle his nerves. "What can I git ya? How many bushels? I'll pick out a special kind if you can't decide."

50 Kisses left!

Next up

51. Curiosity Sparks

52. Flash Sentry

53. Maple

54. Gadget

55. Professor Clyde Krashkop

56. Carrot Top

57. Presteza

58. Prince Blueblood

59. Princess Celestia :Celest:

60. Ruby Pinch

(If the line order is incorrect, please tell me in PM)

On hold:

Brawny Boulder (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Luminous Charge (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Cherry Berry (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Wild Riot (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Survey (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Savory Spell (inactive - PM me when ready)

Problems and rules log (please review):

UPDATE: Users are now allowed a maximum of four (4) characters in this thread to buy apples. Again, cast or original are both acceptable.

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice. Maximum is now four (4).

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

Questions? Post your questions and suggestions in the out of character thread here.

Kissed

1-10

1. Carrot Fields :smug:

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

4. Dunder Blust :???:

5. Gentle Sol

6. Flam watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

7. Starburst :???:

8. Astral :smug:

9. Flim watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

10. Silverbolt :smug:

11-20

11. Klondike :smug:

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

14. Rarity ajscreen.png;)

15. Pigpen :smug:

16. Cherry Jubilee :???:

17. Misty Morning :smug:

18. Pathfinder :???:

19. Earth Writer :smug:

20. Thorn

21-30

21. Metal Maker :smug:

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

25. Electric Vibe :smug:ajscreen.png

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

32. Pinkie Pie :smirk:

33. Star Storm :smug:

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

39. Professor Ashen Smirk

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

47. Mojo

48. Trixie :shifty:

49. Princess Twilight Sparkle

50. Zelda

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

The cries of 'SERIOUSLY' and 'Jumpin Gee-HAUS-A-FAT' from around him certainly were not helping his thoughts and it took another few moments for Curiosity to realise that the orange mare, Applejack, was waving in front of his face and saying something. A few moments too long it seemed as she grabbed his face.

"What can I git ya? How many bushels? I'll pick out a special kind if you can't decide."

"That is to...", he said again, trying and failing to drop his head now that it was held. He swallowed as it occurred to him that the need for polite stalling phrases was long passed and he was simply being rude by not focussing his attention on somepony right in front of him.

"I would like a bushel of Pink Lady apples please Appl-miss Applejack, or the Cameo variety if you have those," Curiosity kept his eyes fixed on Applejack's forehead as he spoke to ensure he was not distracted by the ponies around him or by how her hat seemed to have a nock taken out of the rim or how the direction of her mane spilling from under that hat drew his gaze back toward her eyes.

"F-for the ponies at the dam, if you know them, the hydro-electric dam I mean-because that is where...", he closed his eyes briefly before finishing, "One bushel. Please. And that is enough."

Celestia always seemed to attract attention where ever she went. She had only briefly been there and had already garnered the attention of almost the entire line. Celestia wished she could greet everypony and talk with them as well, but she knew it wouldn't be so easy, especially with those further ahead. After all, this was Applejack's time, she didn't want to distract from the farm mare and disrupt sales.

"Sorry yer highness... I just never got ta see ya up close before, and your here to kiss apples too? I'm here cause well... I wound up fergettin' ta eat or buy food again so I saw that banner back down the road that said we 'ad ta kiss all apples we bought er somethin'"

Celestia smiled "It is quite alright; there is no need to apologize for being nervous." Celestia tried to comfort the already nervous painter. "Kiss apples?" Celestia gave a chuckle. "I am here to buy some apples the same as you, only my reasons are slightly different from yours." Celestia explained to Presteza. "And I do believe the kissing part of the sign is to kiss Applejack when you buy a bushel, not the apples themselves."

The golden tan mare laughed nervously," Erm... honestly I'd say a kiss from the princess as an honor if anythin'! but c'mon she wouldn't kiss some random traveling painter like m-- er wait a second did ya say "too"? "
"Oh, yes. She's not one to be left out of things, you know? After all, we are in line to have an apple farmer kiss us. She could hardly refuse you, after that."

Celestia saw that Blueblood was trying to do with Presteza. Celestia had originally joined the line to get Blueblood to lighten up and relax, and it seemed he was to a point. However, he was still being elitist, which Celestia hoped he would be less so after this, seeing everypony as equal. With the line about the apple farmer Celestia decided needing addressing. She looked at Blueblood rather sternly and rather embarrass him directly she opted to whisper a light chide in his ear. "You speak like there is something wrong with apple farmers, or farmers in general. Always remember that without farmers you would starve as well, my nephew."

However that left Presteza who seemed to be put off, and in the interest of getting her a bit more relaxed Celestia thought of a way to either embarrass her or get her to laugh at herself. She smiled "However, if that is what Miss Presteza would like I think I might be able to do something to accommodate her." Celestia wasn't planning on kissing any pony, after all, it was Applejack giving the kisses, not the other way around, so Celestia puckered her lips and leaned over towards Presteza. She moved in slowly making it seem like she was going to kiss her, and instead of kissing she blew into her ear.

Celestia's fun was interrupted by another greeting.

"Hello there Princess Celestia," Carrot Top said giving an awkward bow in her presence, clearly showing the farm pony was not used to being in the presence of a royal pony.

Celestia bowed her head to the orange maned pony. "Hello to you as well. I do not believe we have met before." Celestia said with a warm inviting smile.

"Howdy Princess!" Applejack waved informally from a far, giving attention to her as a gift of acknowledgement. "Ya'll stay right where you are in line, I'll get to you eventually!"

Applejack yelled over the line to greet Celestia. Not wishing to disrupt anything more, Celestia gave a nod of acknowledgement to the greeting and the instruction to stay where she was in line. After all, it would be rude to use her status to move forward in the line. Celestia knew full well she could, even if she merely asked the ponies ahead of her to allow her to move ahead of them. However that would only serve to disprove to her nephew that status can get you what you want. This was not the point of the excursion to Sweet Apple Acres after all. It was almost like Applejack knew her alternative purpose for coming to her apple sale with her nephew.

Old habits, as they say, die hard. It wasn't as if Blueblood meant to insult Applejack, per se, but it takes more than one cake to the face to drive out ingrained class prejudices. *And Auntie's right. As usual.* He sighed internally. This was proving to be a trying experience; really, couldn't a Prince open his mouth without receiving some form of correction. "Yes," He muttered in acknowledgment, "But that doesn't mean she's a good kisser."

Still, if the line was any indication, she couldn't be too bad. On the other hand, farmers were not, as far he knew, generally clean. Would it be worth it? *Not that it matters now, I'm in for it. Well, keep a stiff upper lip, Blueblood, and you'll get through this.* One good thing; his little joke with Presteza had led to his aunt being a little... well, playful, with her. Good to keep her mind off him.

The Prince could hear the Apple Farmer call out to Celestia; no doubt about it, that was the same voice. She didn't seem to recognize him from the Gala, which was good. It gave him time to think about how he would approach the matter. She wasn't going to be happy to see him; he knew that was too much to expect. And he would have to apologize; his aunt was not going to let him off the hook for that. The question was, how to handle this so that he lost as little face as possible. That was a worrying prospect; his aunt had no need to fear him exerting "royal prerogative" to move up in line.

Seeing the amount of nervousness in the pony started to make Applejack feel like she had to do something about it, so she would try to cross-pollinate the conversation with some more relaxing tones. "How 'bout I git you a bushel of half Pink Lady and half Cameo." She noticed Curiosity looking at her hat or something. Applejack looked up and tilted her hat back a little. "It's a cool hat isn't it? I won it at the Ponyville fair several years ago." And the pony looked back at her eyes.

"Oh you work at the dam? That's cool. I've heard so many exciting dam stories from that place. It's a good thing there haven't been any dam accidents in a while. I supposed we have somepony like you thank for that. So, one bushel. That'll be five bits. Cash or credit?"

50 Kisses left!

Next up

51. Curiosity Sparks

52. Flash Sentry

53. Maple

54. Gadget

56. Carrot Top

57. Presteza

58. Prince Blueblood

60. Ruby Pinch

On hold:

UPDATE: Users are now allowed a maximum of four (4) characters in this thread to buy apples. Again, cast or original are both acceptable.

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice. Maximum is now four (4).

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

Questions? Post your questions and suggestions in the out of character thread here.

Kissed

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

47. Mojo

50. Zelda

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

gEkbASV.png

Celestia smiled "It is quite alright; there is no need to apologize for being nervous." Celestia tried to comfort the already nervous painter. "Kiss apples?" Celestia gave a chuckle. "I am here to buy some apples the same as you, only my reasons are slightly different from yours." Celestia explained to Presteza. "And I do believe the kissing part of the sign is to kiss Applejack when you buy a bushel, not the apples themselves."

The mare's blush

After all, we are in line to have an apple farmer kiss us. She could hardly refuse you, after that."

The mare blush faded rather easily upon noticing the princess smile. Upon hearing her and the prince's explanation blinked a few times as she realized what she had gotten into her blush returning a moment after the last statement from Blueblood, "Ooooh... Well that sounds pretty fun too I s'pose! I really shoulda read the banner more closely though..." she laughed a bit at herself before peaking out to get a look at the mare who was giving out the kisses and waved despite not knowing her personally. "She seems pretty nice at firs' glance and well I am--" the mare was cut off by a grumble from her stomach... "Am pretty 'ungry..."she said with slightly embarrassed and cheesy grin upon her face.

"You are a painter, you said? I am afraid that I can't recall seeing your work in the galleries."

The mare cleared her throat a moment in order to appear at least somewhat dignified despite her earlier behavior,"Well I've yet ta have any get entered there... after all I just started out but I can assure ya I'm gonna be the greatest painter Equestria has ever seen!" With that statement the mare puffed out her chest proudly before reigning her ego in a bit, "But yea... I still got a ways ta go before I can get that title and I got so much travelin' ta do and even then I kinda wanna learn more ways to apply my um... what a good term fer what I'm thinkin' of... "casting method" maybe?" she held her hoof to her chin as she got herself caught up her thoughts.

However that left Presteza who seemed to be put off, and in the interest of getting her a bit more relaxed Celestia thought of a way to either embarrass her or get her to laugh at herself. She smiled "However, if that is what Miss Presteza would like I think I might be able to do something to accommodate her." Celestia wasn't planning on kissing any pony, after all, it was Applejack giving the kisses, not the other way around, so Celestia puckered her lips and leaned over towards Presteza. She moved in slowly making it seem like she was going to kiss her, and instead of kissing she blew into her ear.

Having heard the sun princess the unicorn gave a chuckle as she thought the princess merely jested and therefore left her defenses down when the princess leaned in blew into her ear. The Golden-tan mare shivered second but then seemed to freeze up as she tried to process what just happened. Soon the mare's face went beet red once more and her eyes were wide with surprise,looking like she could explode... instead she just got dizzy and fell over. After a few seconds Presteza got herself to her hooves and shook her head as if to dislodge some cobwebs or something. What was she doing? she was acting like a starstruck foal in front of the princess, that's what! If she was gonna be Equestria's greatest artist she couldn't be wigging out every time some famous pony appeared in front of her! With a chuckle at her own behavior she dusted herself off.

"That was... surprisin' yer highness... I wish ya'd given me a bit o' warnin' though! ... So fer that, you gotta let me paint ya one day when I make my dream come true!" she said pointing her hoof at the princess and then feeling like she could kick herself for realizing she might've been acting a bit disrespectful.

• Like 1

GrannySmith1WithText.png

"We got us anutter' apple order, where is that brother of mine?" Granny Smith asked. "Oh yeah, now I remember, I sent'm ta find AppleBloom."

As the elderly mare spoke, Uncle Apple Strudel returned.

"I am sorry, mein sister, but I cannot find AppleBloom!" the gray bearded stallion neighed. "I have looked everyvhere I can tink of, und she's not dere!"

"Nevermind that fer now, Strudel, fix up a basket with a half bushel of Pink Lady and half of Cameo apples while I collect the money," Granny Smith said, sending her brother scrambling to put together the customized bushel.

Meanwhile, further back in line Professor Krashkop continued his conversation with Carrot Top.

"Dat is vonderba dat you have found a very special somepony! Vhen I vas yur age, I also had somevone special. Her name vas Evengreen, und she vas dee finest looking mare in all of Germaney! I loved her so much, I invented a special perfume to give her as a present. Too bad I did not test it better first dough... I even promised to marry her vonce all her pelt grew back in, but she rejected me! Alas, mein opportunity for love vas lost. I never did figure out vhat vhen wrong vith mein perfume formula, but I used vhat vas left over as a pesticide! So remember fraulien, if dat stallion of yours gives you some homemade perfume, have it tested first, ja?"

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

It had taken seemingly forever to accomplish what she had believed was gonna be a simple mission. This was a family that had so many storage devices that she was shocked they didn't have every treasure map in the world hidden out at the bottom of a random chest. Celestia knew they had more photographs than Equestria had photographs. But the real problem was finding a chest that wasn't used and she could move, which proved to the one-two punch of usability that she couldn't take. None of the ones in the barn, the other barn, the silos- it took a trek all the way to the workhouse near their little carrot field for her to find a chest that was of any use. Then, after galloping across the whole darn farm to find it, the thing was heavy still. The filly didn't have it in her to trot back with it so she took a little guilt free rest.

Thirty minutes later her head picked itself up out of the dirt as it snapped up out of a dream mid-snore. She yawned, stretched and started pushing the chest. Even rested it was hard! It picked up a pile of dirt in front of it that only increased the resistance and forced the filly to put just about every muscle she had into it. Still, it seemed like it took forever! She crested ridges, looked on with horror at how long she had to go, and continued pushing the chest. Finally, after what seemed like a full lifetime of labor for the greater good of the Apple family, the filly saw the stand and breathed a huge sigh of relief. With one final push from deep within she pushed it and reached the stand, collapsing on it's side.

"Wow, Ah certainly didn't...expect it to be so heavy!" She laughed, getting up and taking some deep breaths.

• Like 1

As Applejack made a little small-talk before moving smoothly into business talk, Curiosity began to relax. If a pony such as this could be calm about royalty he would try to be as well.

"It is a very nice hat miss Applejack, I do not see that style very often myself so it is ni...good to see it here.", he smiled before continuing, "If you would provide half of each that would be wonderful."

He dropped his gaze again, clearing his throat, "I, um, I do not work at the dam although maybe one day! I... I am just visiting for the experience. It is reassuring to hear that they are so highly thought of though... Um, so, uh, five bits for the bushel will be fine. I have it right here too."

Curiosity reached into his saddlebags for the petty cash with his magic and licked his lips nervously.

"Oh, I should have introduced myself first," Carrot Top said blushing at the fact that the way she greeted the Princess was more like how she greeted a long time friend than a pony of importance, "I'm Carrot Top, owner of a carrot farm in Ponyville. It's a small farm, nowhere near as big as Sweet Apple Acres, but I make do. Oh, speaking of carrots, would you like to try some baby carrots? I know you must be here for the apples like i am, but I always bring carrots in case a pony gets hungry. They're really sweet, like candy."

While she was waiting in line, Professor Krashkop spoke of her failed romance with a pony, something about a perfume he made that the mare did not like. She expected maybe some advice on love from an older pony who would most likely have more experiences with such matters, but instead she received the strangest story she ever heard! She could only imagine being a pony who has lost her pelt due to something sprayed on her, but the chances of that ever happening was slim to none.

"Err... thanks for the advice," Carrot said not knowing really how to respond to such a strange tale, "I'll keep that in mind when I meet Hayseed."

• 2 weeks later...

(sorry for the delay everyone. it should return to its faster pace.)

"Oh! I'm sorry. I thought you said you worked there. Well, it's still a cool place to visit. They have the best dam tour guides there to answer all of you dam questions. When I visited last, I had no idea how dam facts a pony could know." Applejack waited patiently for the pony to pull out the appropriate amount to bits to continue the sale.

While she waited, she heard Apple Bloom collapse behind her. "Oh, finally! What took you so long?" Applejack picked up the empty box with her mouth with ease, and set it on the shelf behind the counter.

50 Kisses left!

Next up

51. Curiosity Sparks

52. Flash Sentry

53. Maple

54. Gadget

56. Carrot Top

57. Presteza

58. Prince Blueblood

60. Ruby Pinch

On hold:

Kissed

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

47. Mojo

50. Zelda

Charming Masquerade only just arrived via train from Trottingham, his black and white mane trimmed shorter than he was quite comfortable with. He sighed, knowing why he had done such a drastic change...he kept getting his mane into his potions and he was tired of washing it clean of the various things after the latest growth potion caused a bunch of flowers to bloom from where it had gotten dipped. He saw a line outside of the Apple farm, only vaguely aware of the landmark in Ponyville. The sign above the entrance caught his eye and he groaned.

"What in the hay are Apple Kisses? Ah, well...I need apples for my next potion, might as well see what all this is about!" He muttered, checking his saddle bags for the bits that he would need.

PrinceBluebloodbannerSmall_zpsa12a05cd.png

While the painter in front of him was being worked up into a tizzy by his Aunt's playful antics, Prince Blueblood was steeling himself for the ordeal ahead. *Above, dignity, always dignity. Head raised, but don't look down your muzzle, Auntie won't like that. Eyes closed, we recall the grace of our ancestors...* All throughout this posing, he had to hold his breath. After a few minutes, however, he had to let it go with a whoosh, drawing in a great gulp of air, now rather dusty with travel.

"Ahech-kaha-kah!" The Prince dissolved into a coughing fit, undoing all the work he had done to impress the bystanders. With a quick, embarrassed look around to see if anypony saw him (of course they all did), he dusted off his front and cleared his throat, trying to look natural. "Ah, right, as you were saying, Miss Presteza? I should like to see a sample of your work sometime. I am known to be a patron of the arts occasionally."

• Like 1

Curiosity licked his lips again, nervousness creeping across him relentlessly. How was he going to do this? There was no way he could match the kiss Trixie gave her! He felt himself blushing as the bits came out of the bag and he levitated them toward the stand.

As he tried to control his racing thoughts he was saved by the return of the red bowed filly. The poor thing collapsed behind her sister after dragging a heavy box forward, Applejack turned to help with it and as she turned to face him again Curiosity darted his head forward delivering a quick peck on her cheek. Without waiting, and with a reddening face, he trotted off as quickly as possible toward the back of the queue. After a few steps he screeched to a halt, kicking up tiny clouds of dust then turned and slinked back toward Applejack. Standing in front of her again he squeaked,

"I for...", then louder, "I forgot my apples."

• Like 1

Applejack was pecked. And for a short moment, she was stunned, but when she turned to look, she had seen the stallion turn tail and run away, leaving five golden bits on the counter for the sale. "What!?" Applejack smiled. This pony was so silly he got his extra without getting his purchase. But then he turned and came back, remembering he had forgotten his apples. He approached the counter again, embarrassed that he had made such an error and squeed. Applejack shoveled the bits into the empty chest, and pulled up the apples to the counter and shoved it onto the stallions back. "Thanks again, Sugarcube." Applejack batted her eyes flirtatiously. "You come back anytime you need any more apples alright?" She winked.

"Who's next? Hey, aren't you that one guard that Twilight likes... to have around the palace for protection?"

49 Kisses left!

Next up

52. Flash Sentry

53. Maple

54. Gadget

56. Carrot Top

57. Presteza

58. Prince Blueblood

60. Ruby Pinch

61. Charming Masquerade

On hold:

Kissed

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

47. Mojo

50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks

2uysrxh.jpg

After ensuring that Princess Twilight’s requested materials from the REA archives made it safely to the Golden Oaks Library, Flash Sentry was persuaded to fly back to Applejack’s stand to buy a bushel of apples for himself. By now, the stallion learned that just for today, the stand also doubled as a kissing booth. Flash wasn’t too sure on whether he liked the concept or not; sure, the guardpony to a certain degree felt odd about having to pay a mare for a kiss, but he supposed it would be a bit of fun as well. After all, a lot of other ponies seemed to think it was fun enough to wait around in line.

As he arrived at Sweet Apple Acres again, two new ponies caught the private’s eye; both of them royalty. Apparently, Princess Celestia and Prince Blueblood entered the line while the armored pegasus was away with Twilight. After touching down near the line, Pvt. Sentry first gave a quick salute to Celestia, as any guard would be expected to do. But Flash didn’t linger long; as per Twilight’s suggestion, he trotted up to the front of the line rather than wait in the back yet again, having been told that Applejack would honor his previous spot in line even if he had been physically absent.

Sure enough, Applejack did just that… although she ended up asking Flash Sentry a rather awkward question. The stallion still didn’t really comprehend what made him qualified for his special assignment; in fact, he guessed he’d eventually get swapped for some other servicepony that proved themself to be extremely capable. Slightly flustered, the blushing guard scratched his neck once he stood in front of (a surprisingly cute) Applejack; “Yeah… that’s uhhh me. Private Sentry at your serv- err, I'm here for a bushel for myself.....!”

Applejack giggled at Flash's immediate inability to appropriately find the right tone for something as informal as purchasing a bushel of apples. "Oh really? What kind of apples would you like? Did you know that apples are the symbolic fruit of love?" Applejack lowered her eyelids to a relaxed look, showing interest in exchanging fun conversation with the guard. "You know, I might know a certain pony that thinks you're a swell stallion." She winked at him and gestured a flirtatious look of confidence.

49 Kisses left!

Next up

52. Flash Sentry

53. Maple

54. Gadget

56. Carrot Top

57. Presteza

58. Prince Blueblood

60. Ruby Pinch

61. Charming Masquerade

On hold:

Kissed

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

47. Mojo

50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks

GrannySmith1WithText.png

As Granny Smith resumed her place at the apple stand, Uncle Apple Strudel was stunned to see AppleBloom collapse behind them.

"ACK! UNEEMAL!" the gray bearded stallion shouted as he trotted over to the fallen filly, "Fraulien AppleBloom! Are you alright? I know vee have dee First Aide kit nearby!"

"APPLEBLOOM!" Granny Smith yelled out as the panicked elderly mare quickly joined her brother at the filly's side. "Lands sakes, child, what in Equestria happened to ya? HAY STRUDEL! DON'T JIST DO SOMETHIN', STAND THAR!"

"Vhat?"

"Go fetch some water! Poor filly looks plumb tuckered out! I need ta start doctorin' her right away!"

Meanwhile, in the line, Professor Krashkop continues his pleasant conversation with Carrot Top.

"Y'know fraulien, back in mein younger days, I did some experiments in botany! I tried to produce a new kind of carrot plant dat vould yield much more produce! I spent veeks und veeks in mein lab, mixing up different chemicals to treat mein experimental carrot crop vith. Too bad I never got to try it. Who knew all dose chemical mixes vould explode like dat? I vas lucky dat dee University didn't fire me! Dere vere enough unicorns around to put out dee flames und save dee other buildings on campus. Now dat I'm retired, I should really vork on dat project again, do you agree?"

Celestia was pleased that her nephew was so receptive to her words. Though, like usual he had a retort.

"Yes," He muttered in acknowledgment, "But that doesn't mean she's a good kisser."

Celestia chuckled at his worry of her not being a 'good kisser.' "I am certain that after kissing so many ponies, Applejack has become more than proficient at it." Celestia replied to Blueblood's worries with a certain 'as a matter of a fact' tone. Celestia didn't like judging ponies before knowing, especially presumptions bothered her. They seemed common place with her nephew though, which though not bad, was certainly a product of his sheltered upbringing. Celestia always aimed to bring him further away from that and out of his comfort zone. Celestia considered making a jest to his luck, or rather misfortune with mares, but felt it would be in mean spirits to bring up such things. "Perhaps if you enter into this with an open mind, you will enjoy it more than you are anticipating, my nephew." Celestia decided to lay the matter to rest with some wise words rather than a joke or something that might be construed in the wrong way.

"That was... surprisin' yer highness... I wish ya'd given me a bit o' warnin' though! ... So fer that, you gotta let me paint ya one day when I make my dream come true!"

Well this was rather bold! Celestia began to smirk with an almost devilish grin at the mare's reaction to her playful gesture. Celestia was no stranger to ponies wishing to paint or draw her, in fact she has since lost count of how many depictions of her there were floating around Equestria. However, most didn't demand she allow them to paint her for something she had done. Though she really didn't mind sitting for a bit to allow this mare to paint her, she decided she'd have a bit of fun first.

Celestia straightened up from leaning in after hearing the demand, and wiped her smile from her face. She looked down on Presteza with a stern look. "Though I have been painted many times, most have not been so bold as to demand my cooperation." Celestia began in a seemingly disappointed voice. "Most [by which the princess inferred all] painters and artists saw it proper to politely request I be the subject of one of their works of art. I strongly suggest you remember common courtesy. It is usually met much better than frivolous demands." Celestia didn't really have a problem allowing the mare to paint her at some point when her schedule allowed, but this was a good way to not only have a bit of fun, but also drive home an important lesson in humility.

"Oh, I should have introduced myself first," Carrot Top said blushing at the fact that the way she greeted the Princess was more like how she greeted a long time friend than a pony of importance, "I'm Carrot Top, owner of a carrot farm in Ponyville. It's a small farm, nowhere near as big as Sweet Apple Acres, but I make do. Oh, speaking of carrots, would you like to try some baby carrots? I know you must be here for the apples like i am, but I always bring carrots in case a pony gets hungry. They're really sweet, like candy."

The orange maned mare finally introduced herself. Celestia gave a bow of her head "It is a pleasure to meet you Carrot Top." Celestia began as she was offered carrots by the young mare. "I would love to try some of your baby carrots. Perhaps I shall even bring some back with me to Canterlot Castle if they are as good as you claim." Celestia said with a slight wink and smile. Celetia always liked to support local farmers, after all that is why she was at the Apple farms in line to be kissed.

Just then her nephew was over come with a coughing fit, something which would not look good by any means. Celestia smirked as she looked at him. "Are you alright, nephew?" Celestia inquired, both with genuine concern and a bit of a playful tone since she knew he would be self conscious about it. "If you would like I could ask one of the guards to fetch you some water. Or perhaps Applejack has some cider or apple juice on hand." Celestia offered to help her nephew rather in earnest, but was unsure if he would accept her help and just send for it himself.

"Ah, right, as you were saying, Miss Presteza? I should like to see a sample of your work sometime. I am known to be a patron of the arts occasionally."

The Prince's coughing fit snapped the mare out of her own little trance in which she was chiding herself profusely. A small smile creased her lips as she saw blueblood's momentary embarassed expression,"No need ta look so embarassed yer highness... Like my parents used ta say ta me back at the manor: Even nobles have gotta breath right, dun' they?" she said in a slightly playful tone,"But anyway I'd be happy ta paint somethin' for ya someti--"

Celestia straightened up from leaning in after hearing the demand, and wiped her smile from her face. She looked down on Presteza with a stern look. "Though I have been painted many times, most have not been so bold as to demand my cooperation." Celestia began in a seemingly disappointed voice. "Most [by which the princess inferred all] painters and artists saw it proper to politely request I be the subject of one of their works of art. I strongly suggest you remember common courtesy. It is usually met much better than frivolous demands."

The golden tan mare practically shrunk as she heard the words of the princess. She had royally (no pun intended) messed up now! Here face practically fell as each word was uttered, her ears falling as well and going flat as Celestia finished her reprimand. Immediately she turned to the princess looking an odd mix of frantic and remorseful,"I-I;m so sorry, Princess please fergive me!...I-I guess there really isn't an excuse for that... I-I just was really eager ta meet ya and well you're even more awesome up close is all!" she said with her words speeding up near the end before sher sadly turned back to the line and hung her head sadly with her long blue scarf dragging on the ground...

In her head the young artist from Trottingham was once again chastising herself in her head, "Good goin' ,Pressy. I hope yer proud o' yerself, ya ruined any chances you had of painting any of the princesses now. Now you'll never get to paint the princess of the night , love, sun , or magic... not once in your life..."

• Like 1

2uysrxh.jpg

"Oh really? What kind of apples would you like? Did you know that apples are the symbolic fruit of love?"

Apples… love…? Flash Sentry never thought to make that sort of association before, leaving him a bit dumbfounded. “I… I didn’t know that,” murmured the bumbling stallion, his muzzle transforming into a goofy smile as he started falling for Applejack’s charms; “I think I’ll go with Gala; they’re good for eating on the go.”

"You know, I might know a certain pony that thinks you're a swell stallion."

Flash’s eyes and wings shot wide up! Was… Applejack hitting on him? Yet… it kinda sounded like despite her flirtatious gestures, somepony else was into Flash instead; someone that AJ knew. It didn’t make a lick of sense… the only pony from Ponyville that Flash spent time on a regular basis with was Princess Twilight, and not once could the guardpony recall the lavender alicorn giving him any telltale hint that she might be into him.

But that alluring look on the apple mare’s face convinced Flash to keep the conversation going. “You uhhhhhh,” stammered the confused pegasus as he reflexively leaned in closer towards Applejack; “...You know who this pony is?” Despite Pvt. Sentry’s attempts to pull himself together and reestablish a modicum of professionalism, curiosity and AJ’s bewitchment made that task impossible. Good thing Princess Celestia was preoccupied communing with her fellow subjects........ and Blueblood.....