[Sweet Apple Acres] 100 Country Kisses (Closed. NO Kisses Left)

Hippo

banner_applejack_zpscd51b6b0.png

Applejack began to realize that she may have struck a cord that probably should have been hit. It really wouldn't be fair to the mare in question if Applejack decided to just share her secrets in front of a pony she's never actually greeted until now. And being the honest mare she always intended to be, she decided to keep the secrets as much secrets as it must be. And without accounting too far ahead of herself, she also noticed the irony of the customer she knew her friend might crush on was also the stallion that would trade affections this very afternoon after a typical apple sale. Since it was to be done anyway, Applejack decided she might as well use it to see if this pony is really worth the exchange rate. "Oh, nothing, never mind. That'll be five bits. Don't worry. I wont make her jealous because you get a kiss from me." Applejack arched her eyes with a smile. She shuffled back, grabbed a bushel of gala, and smacked it onto the counter.

49 Kisses left!

Next up

52. Flash Sentry

53. Maple

54. Gadget

55. Professor Clyde Krashkop

56. Carrot Top

57. Presteza

58. Prince Blueblood

59. Princess Celestia :Celest:

60. Ruby Pinch

61. Charming Masquerade

(If the line order is incorrect, please tell me in PM)

On hold:

Brawny Boulder (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Luminous Charge (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Cherry Berry (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Wild Riot (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Survey (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Savory Spell (inactive - PM me when ready)

Problems and rules log (please review):

UPDATE: Users are now allowed a maximum of four (4) characters in this thread to buy apples. Again, cast or original are both acceptable.

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice. Maximum is now four (4).

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

Questions? Post your questions and suggestions in the out of character thread here.

Kissed

1-10

1. Carrot Fields :smug:

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

4. Dunder Blust :???:

5. Gentle Sol

6. Flam watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

7. Starburst :???:

8. Astral :smug:

9. Flim watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

10. Silverbolt :smug:

11-20

11. Klondike :smug:

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

14. Rarity ajscreen.png;)

15. Pigpen :smug:

16. Cherry Jubilee :???:

17. Misty Morning :smug:

18. Pathfinder :???:

19. Earth Writer :smug:

20. Thorn

21-30

21. Metal Maker :smug:

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

25. Electric Vibe :smug:ajscreen.png

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

32. Pinkie Pie :smirk:

33. Star Storm :smug:

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

39. Professor Ashen Smirk

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

47. Mojo

48. Trixie :shifty:

49. Princess Twilight Sparkle

50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

2uysrxh.jpg

"Oh, nothing, never mind. That'll be five bits. Don't worry. I wont make her jealous because you get a kiss from me."

Flash Sentry visibly sunk as Applejack decided against revealing the identity of his secret admirer. Oh well, it probably wasn’t something worth rocking the boat for anyway. Just like that, all of Flash’s eagerness went down the drain as he paid the five bits for his gala bushel. But just as he laid down his bits for AJ to pick up, and idea formed in the guard’s mind.

“You uhhh, know,” Flash stammered; “Maybe… you can send most of my bushel to my secret admirer. I really only need four apples for myself right now.” Technically, the private only needed one apple; he’d give the other three to his army buddy Radiant Steel. “Tell her to write me when you send her this bushel.” Flash did not really mind surrendering most of the apples he purchased, considering buying them was a spur of the moment decision subtly suggested by Princess Twilight. Plus… it couldn’t hurt doing this if it meant seeing if the mare was dating material, right?

However, Flash Sentry had one more thing to ask in order to defuse any potential jealousy issues. “Oh, Miss Applejack,” the armored pegasus hesitated for a moment, feeling weird over what he was just about to say; “.....you don’t have to kiss me, I suppose. No point in hurting my admirer’s feelings, is there?” Again, Flash didn’t mind losing out on a kiss; there will always be plenty of mares in the sea.....

"I'm fine, auntie. Don't worry." He wouldn't actually have minded some water, but the only thing that would have made his scene was to act the imperious prince, sending servants for a drink. He could judge the mood of a crowd enough to avoid some faus pas, at least.

Celestia hadn't meant to in any way remind Blueblood of his own unfortunate luck with mares, but then, she didn't need to. His own mind could be counted on to bring up any embarrassing parallels that might be relevant to the situation. *Oh, she's had a lot of practice, all right. More than me, and just in one day too!* And that was the thing, a lot of rudeness comes out of shyness or secret feelings of inferiority. Not that the Prince was self-aware to comprehend that...

It wasn't the kiss that he was dreading so much, anyhow. To return to the breakup parallel, at least after every previous bad encounter, both parties could politely avoid each other; at no point was there any push from anypony to 'kiss and make up,' as it were. He really had no experience in this sort of thing. Preferring not to think about it too much beforehand, he turned back to the artist in front of him in line.

The scene was actually a little amusing. He knew well enough how intimidating Celestia could be when reading some act of etiquette. "It's true, you know," He said, joining in on his aunt's little game with a sympathetic look, "She is all about courtesy, and doesn't tolerate any exceptions. Ask me how I know." As much as he'd try to deny it, they were in no way so closely related as their senses of humor.

"It's true, you know," He said, joining in on his aunt's little game with a sympathetic look, "She is all about courtesy, and doesn't tolerate any exceptions. Ask me how I know." As much as he'd try to deny it, they were in no way so closely related as their senses of humor.

The prince's words... didn't help. Each singular word made her wince like she was receiving a sharp jab in the side. She sincerely wished she hadn't eaten her hat previously cause now she could really use it as she always would during the moments she felt vulnerable; during such times she would usually either lower or push the brim of her hat to cover her expression. All she had at her disposal now was her bangs which only covered one eye so instead of even trying to keep eye contact with the prince she just kept her eyes glued to the ground and stared at her hooves.

"Ri-right... sorry ta have bothered you, yer highnesses..." her voice was very unsteady sounding like she was trying to keep herself from crying. She took a deep breath and pushed the vibrant blue scarf she wore with a hoof and brushed it under one of her eyes as if to wipe something away.

Back in her mind the mare was already trying to figure what she would do now if things were going so far south so soon in her travels across the world.

"If I can't paint the princesses than none o' this is gonna feel like it's got any point... I guess I can still try and paint some o' the historical sites an' stuff. If I go back home I guess I could still paint sometime but wot the hay else am I gonna do? I can't use magic on anythin' but my brushes without messin' it up somehow..." With each thought the mare seemed to almost sink further and further into her little slump as she piled on various thoughts on what she would do with herself.

"I-I;m so sorry, Princess please fergive me!...I-I guess there really isn't an excuse for that... I-I just was really eager ta meet ya and well you're even more awesome up close is all!"

Rather instantly Celestia obtained the result that she was aiming for. The flustered mare was rather cute and flattered the princess to try and get back into her good graces. Celestia was going to end the joke when Blueblood chimed in and added fuel to the fire. This made it all the more interesting, and Celetia decided to go with it a bit further than she was expecting. It was fine though, she wasn't genuinely angry and she didn't mind Presteza painting her, which would probably make this little joke worthwhile for her.

"It's true, you know," He said, joining in on his aunt's little game with a sympathetic look, "She is all about courtesy, and doesn't tolerate any exceptions. Ask me how I know."

Celestia smiled, looking at Blueblood. "Yes, my nephew, you would know quite well how strict I am about courtesy." She looked at him sternly. "However you are not the target for my reprimand right now, it is this mare." Celestia looked at Presteza again, as she spoke again.

"Ri-right... sorry ta have bothered you, yer highnesses..."

Celestia was desperate to hold back her smile, she didn't want to ruin it before. "I only have one thing left to say to you, miss Presteza." Celestia said as she slowly cantered closer to the young mare. When she got close enough she lowered her head so that she would be closer to the mares face, looking rather stern like she was going to put the final nail in the coffin for being so demanding. Then out of no where, Celestia grinned and said in a rather happy, slightly quiet, energetic voice "Gotcha!" She lifted her head up and took a couple of hoofsteps back. She looked at Presteza grinning. "To be completely serious with you, I personally don't make such appointments. You would have to go through the proper channels at the Canterlot Court." Celestia began to explain to the young mare. "I can however tell the court to be expect a formal request from you." Celestia may be a prankster, but she wouldn't deny a mare her dream when it was such a simple request as a painting.

Applejack swooned slightly at the words of Flash Sentry. By no means was she that into this pony. After all, she's got an orange color, he's got an orange color. It just wouldn't work out. However, the stature the pony had was admirable, mostly due to the tuned behavior of a Canterlot guards. Applejack could see why the pony in question would be interested in him. "That's so sweet of you! Hay, tell ya what, I'll get my little sis to wrap it up in a cute little bow and everything. We'll make it look good. She'll be so happy to get it, I'm sure (along with the dozens of apple baskets Applejack got her for her past three birthdays)."

Applejack recounted the bits and shoveled them in the chest, and grabbed a small sack big enough for a few apples, put some in it, and gave it to him. "What? Oh please, no one's gonna really care if you get a kiss from me. If anything, it can be my thanks for you being such a sweet stallion to mah friend. Anypony who's liked by my friends, I can be friends with them too."

Applejack came out from behind the counter and lunged softly towards him. With no regret, Applejack pressed her lips on Flash's, and held it there for a few long seconds. As she waited, she imagined Flash doing something else with the kiss, but there was nothing more to it. She finished the kiss and pulled away. "Well, that was... neat." Though she loved to be honest, in this situation she wasn't wanting to reveal the entertainment level of the most recent exchange. She wondered for a moment, however, if she would tell her friend. It would, after all, be the kind of information she would want, right? "Hope you enjoy them apples. They's good eatin'!" Applejack winked a farewell and waved goodbye.

After retreated behind her counter she was ready for the next one. "Next?" The next pony had a white pelt with red and pink mane and tail colors.

48 Kisses left!

Next up

53. Maple

54. Gadget

56. Carrot Top

57. Presteza

58. Prince Blueblood

60. Ruby Pinch

61. Charming Masquerade

On hold:

UPDATE: Users are now allowed a maximum of four (4) characters in this thread to buy apples. Again, cast or original are both acceptable.

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice. Maximum is now four (4).

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

Questions? Post your questions and suggestions in the out of character thread here.

Kissed

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

47. Mojo

50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks

52. Flash Sentry

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

• Like 1

"Oh the pleasure is all mine," Carrot Top said

The mare beamed when Celestia accepted her baby carrots. While she was not a prideful pony, the earth pony did like when others recognized her talent. But to have the Princess recognize a small time farmer like her was a big event in her life.

"Oh, well I just bring a few with me but you can certainly have them," Carrot said rummaging in the pouch for the sweet carrots, taking care not to drop any in the process, "It's very nice of you to say that you might bring some back with you. If you're looking for more, my farm is just a short trot away from here. That is of course if you're free and wish to do so."

The last thing that Carrot wanted to do was to tell a Princess what she should do. Still there was a sliver of hope that maybe the Princess would love what she grew enough to perhaps support her efforts as she did by visiting Applejack's farm.

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Apple Bloom thought the whole thing was pretty funny. Why, there was a grown stallion acting all like one of the simple colts from a book series, all in a tizzy about some filly liking him. Wasn't he suppoed to be, you know, grown up? Not all knocked about like a tree in a storm at the slightest hint of affection. But she supposed he looked young enough so maybe he was still maturing, though again she expected a bit more from a guard! It would have been cute if he wasn't a guard, at least. Now all she could imagine was a big, scary creature from one of her books bearing down on him and his admirer and him being somewhat ineffectual because he was too caught up being all emotional and silly. But it didn't mean she wouldn't wrap it up with a nice little bow. Heck, she had them to spare.

"Got it comin' right up!" Apple Bloom chirped up, immediately picking up an apple and reaching under the stand. Against all strands of logic and good spirit, she produced a bow from it. She had stocked it with replacements because if there was one thing she didn't want to do, it'd be to go back to the barn to get herself presentable. Well, another thing was that she didn't want to get eaten by an Everfree or monster or fail a class but she didn't figure eithe rthing was likely. Or fail her family. Okay, there were four things she didn't want to do above all things but a bow was still pretty important part of the Apple Bloom equation! She swiftly wrapped up the silly little apple in a bow and tossed it up on top of Applejack's hat, where it came to a rest directly on top in the soft inner curve. Good shot.

"Have a good'n, Flash!" She waved him goodbye, laughing heartily as she shot a look up at her sister who held the answer to the single apple question.

"Now who in the hay is his secret admirer?"

At last, at long last! The stallion in front of her's lengthy conversation with the purveyor of the velveteen ambrosia that was an apple to a hypoglycaemiac has come at long last to an end! Finally, the seemingly limitless fountain of fluster that was this wretched blob of titanic tangerine-toned tan (well, that's what his hide would be if he'd stood between Maple and her prize a moment longer) had stumbled off, no doubt to cause great distress to greatly hungry ponies elsewhere.

It was with Maple's first heroic step in her grand approach to the stand that, as soon as her forward hoof had disconnected from terra firma, that the shaking came again. The carrots were a flimsy barricade against this pure Prench Revolution of agonizing ravenousness and unending vibrato sufficient to make a tectonic plate blush.

It was with Maple's second heroic step in her grand approach to the stand that, as soon as her forward hoof had reconnected with terra firma, that the shaking ended.

Rinse and repeat, yada yada, until she reached the stand. By then, however, all four hooves had been cruelly forced away from the motherly earth and sprung skyward, and then come down again.

But, the shaking would not last long against the sweet sweet fructose content of an apple and her digestive system's uncanny ability to derive fructose into glucose. Or something like that.

Her acquisition of the fruit would be concise, precise, and require minimal exercise, lest the shaking begin again.

Her plan was all there.

It was simple.

It was beautiful.

It was 'Excuse me, but I'm so very hungry. May I please have one of my apples, of which I plan to buy one or more bushels, so that I may concentrate more completely? I have hypoglycaemia, you see. Of course, you have my word that I shall pay in full once the transaction is complete.'

Deep breath.

You got this.

It was with Maple's first heroic jaw-opening in her grand request for an apple after approaching the stand that the stupid began.

~

"K-ken y-ye... jist lem'hivn ipl nao...?"

~

'Haha, nope.' Said Maple's mind. 'Idiot.'

Slam. Went Maple's body's hoof on the table. She didn't mean for it to happen, but mass plus gravity equals velocity. Or something.

"S-s-sorrrry. Ap-p-pp-le, p-lea-lea-se?"

Point. Went Maple's body's wibbly-wobbly hoof at an apple. Want.

'Let's give this another go, shall we?'

"I... need an... apple... please."

'Better.'

And indeed, better it was. Congratulations, Maple Abell Blossom! You just expressed your desires through oral communication! Brava, brava!

Now, how 'bout that apple?

Why, that is up to the merchant.

At last, at last, at long last... you can eat.

If Blueblood judged his aunt aright, and he was pretty sure he'd gotten a good enough read on her over the years, she wouldn't leave this painter too long in the dumps. That would actually be mean, and if there was one thing Celestia was not, it was unnecessarily petty.... as she was repeatedly wont to remind him, such behavior was unsuitable for royalty.

*6..5..4..3..2..1.. right on schedule.* The Prince's face kept its sympathetic look even after the reveal, though he did smile a bit. "She's also rather big on these little pranks. If you think this is bad, you try living with her." The last sentence was probably pushing the bounds a little bit, but what the hay? It wasn't as if there was anypony else in Equestria (except perhaps his auntie Luna), who would dare to get a little dig in return to the Solar Diarch.

Also, he had to find some way of passing the time in this interminable line. It was quite a new sensation, wishing the line to go slow because one dreaded the encounter at the end, and yet annoyed at its pace for being so dull.

"I only have one thing left to say to you, miss Presteza."

The mare's head hung and she reflexively shut her eyes as she heard the princess approaching her, what was she going to say now? was she going to have any of the Trottingham mare's art from ever reaching a gallery? Was she going to tell her to give up on ever painting anypony ever again? She could only grit her teeth she listened for what she was sure going to be the last nail in the coffin for her hopes.

"Gotcha!"

The mare's eyes opened and blinked a few times in surprise,"W-wait...wot?... uh..." She was dumbfounded for a few seconds but eventually she slowly pieced what was happening together. She had to admit, the princess had gotten her good. She also had to admit her pride felt a bit bruised so she put on a slightly tough facade with a smile as she wiped something away from her eyes,"W-Wow Princess! ya definitely got me good... I wasn' cryin' though!"

"She's also rather big on these little pranks. If you think this is bad, you try living with her."

The mare chuckled a bit at the prince,"She mustn't be tha' bad since you decided ta help 'er out!" she retorted in a slightly playful tone.

"To be completely serious with you, I personally don't make such appointments. You would have to go through the proper channels at the Canterlot Court."

"I can however tell the court to be expect a formal request from you."

Presteza effectively lit up, a grin plastered upon her face. It may be a small favor but the fact that princess was willing to do anything for her was incredible! The mare bowed deeply to the princess of the sun,"Thanks so much, yer highness! Do ya mind if I ask ya few questions about what kinda painting you'd like done in advance? how would ya like the overall feel o' the piece? I guess wot I mean ta ask is if ya want ta pose in a way that showcases aspects of you? I could do a painting that showcases yer power, perhaps yer authority, or maybe even your... uh allure. Anyway This is so bloody excitin' and so awesome! is there any kinda canvas ya'd like me ta use?" the mare's speech was going a mile a minute, with each word it seemed like a miracle she was able to keep up this line of questioning seeing as she didn't stop to take a breath in her extreme excitement.

GrannySmith1WithText.png

As Uncle Apple Strudel was about to fetch a bucket of water, he paused to look back at Granny Smith hovering over AppleBloom. He and his sister were instantly stunned when the young bow wearing filly suddenly sprang to her four feet and dashed off! This left the elderly siblings both confused and amazed.

"Vhat has just happened, mein sister?" Apple Strudel asked.

"I ain't too sure mahself," Granny Smith answered. "Little ol' Half Pint looked all worn out ta me. Reckon she fooled us both!"

"I am relieved Apple Bloom is not ill," the bearded stallion said with a smile, "vee better get back ta vork now, mein sister."

"I have a better idear, let's git back ta work!"

"Javol, Granny!" Uncle Apple Strudel neighed as he saluted her. Meanwhile, further back in line, as the light green Pegasus stallion waited for a response from Carrot Top, Professor Krashkop looked down at his legwatch.

"Oh my! It is getting late in dee day! I hope I vill be able to make mein purchase before dee stand closes!"

"That's a big pony secret, Apple Bloom." Applejack messed Apple Bloom's mane up a bit, more so than it already was from her adventure to the barn and back. "I don't think the Princess would want me to tell you anyway." Applejack jolted. She didn't mean to make that implication. "I mean, pony. Did I say princess? I meant pony."

The next customer was silly nervous. Nothing new just yet from what Applejack had seen. Except this one seemed to want just one apple. "Um. Ok." Applejack held out a delicious-looking apple and put it front of her current customer. "That'll be two bits." She pulled it back fast. "Or! You can buy an entire bushel for only five bits. Wanna do that?"

48 Kisses left!

Next up

53. Maple

54. Gadget

56. Carrot Top

57. Presteza

58. Prince Blueblood

60. Ruby Pinch

61. Charming Masquerade

On hold:

Kissed

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

47. Mojo

50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks

52. Flash Sentry

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Ahh, so it was Princess Twilight, eh? It seemed a bit odd that she'd have a guard come all this way out here and just him alone. Maybe they were on a date and stopped for apples? It was the lover's fruit, after all! She hadn't seen the Princess in the flesh in the line but would have to just let her imagination run wild. She knew plenty of fillies and colts at school who would be interested in the knowledge and soon it would be all across Equestria. The grapevine was the most effective source of information in all the land, and now she could be one of the first to let the bird out with the secret out from under big sister's hat! It was awesome to be the first.

"Ohh, uhh, haha, Ah see. Well uhh Ah guess Ah'll let sleeping Princesses lie and not say a word..." Apple Bloom snickered, imagining them together having a picnic and renacting all sorts of silly puppy love romantic stuff alongside romance noval scenes. Gosh, and that was their new princess? What a goofball! Oh well. Twilight had always been nice to Apple Bloom so if she wanted to mack all over some gagly, odd looking colt she could do so to her heart's content. More power to her. Certainly more power to Flash Sentry, who judging by everything she knew about him was used to having none at all. Did he even train? Did they hire him specifically to take hits as some sort of meat shield? Maybe Twilight just pitied him. Yep, that was probably it.

The next pony came up and was suffering from something. What was it that Nursery Rhyme called it? Hypoglukaka? Hypo glacieria? Hypoglycaemia! That was it. Having a friend who spent all her time at the hospital had it's benefits. Apple Bloom took an apple and galloped up to the mare, more or less forcing her to eat it.

"It's all right. Ah'm sure a sixth apple wouldn't cost too much more anyway. Hypogla- Hypno- Hippo- sugar crashin' is a bad thing. Feelin' better? Shouldn't take too long..."

Memory Lane trotted up the road towards Sweet Apple Acres, adjusting his orange fez- and checking his equally orange coat for any dirt or other blemishes. He had come to Ponyville to see the little country town that had become one of the most famous settlements in recent Equestrian history first-hoof, having finally found the time to leave Canterlot- and his stressful life at the School for Gifted Unicorns- behind for a few days.

He had already visited a few other highlights- like the Golden Oak Library that his idol, Twilight Sparkle, had lived in up until her coronation in recent months- but everypony he had spoken to on the subject had told him that no visit to Ponyville was complete without a trip to Sweet Apple Acres, home of the rustic Apple family clan. Their hospitality was well known, even in the School, and Memory Lane was looking forward to meeting them- Applejack in particular. The Element of Honesty, like the other Elements, was well known to anypony who kept up with current events in the School, and Memory Lane was no exception to the rule.

As he approached the farm now, though, he noticed a rather long line stretching from the entrance. Memory Lane stopped, puzzled at the crowd; he knew the Apples were popular in town, but it looked like at least half the population was at the farm right now- including a few ponies he would not expect to see in such a rural part of the nation. Princess Celestia? Prince Blueblood?! What in Equestria was going on here? He gawked, his jaw agape for a few moments; now he felt, of all things, very under-dressed.. The Princess wasn't that big of a surprise to him- her protégé had lived in Ponyville for nearly three years before ascending to the throne alongside her- but every Canterlot citizen knew of Prince Blueblood's aversion to the common folk, the Apples in particular; Equestria Daily had had a field day with his actions during the Grand Galloping Gala at the end of Princess Twilight Sparkle's first year in town.

Memory Lane's horn glowed a faint dark green as he retrieved his journal and a fountain pen, jotting down a few notes as he tempered his nerves. He had been in the presence of Princess Celestia a few times before, but never with less than a couple hundred ponies to draw her attention with questions or praise; this was a much more close proximity with less distractions, so he didn't know what to expect as he put on his best smile and walked down to the first open spot at the end of the line- a mere two ponies behind royalty. He knew that his fez and saddlebag, with the School emblem emblazoned on them both, would give away his position if either of them bothered to look his way, so he occupied his time by reciting pleasantries and small talk in his head, recalling the- admittedly limited- social training for interacting with fellow nobility that his father had tried to instill in him as a colt.

• Like 1

1ktwo.jpg

"What? Oh please, no one's gonna really care if you get a kiss from me. If anything, it can be my thanks for you being such a sweet stallion to mah friend. Anypony who's liked by my friends, I can be friends with them too."

Flash Sentry’s inability to figure out how to respond to Applejack’s lunge cost him dearly. The stallion dared not move an inch as the apple mare’s lips pressed on his frozen muzzle. Flash couldn’t even bring it upon himself to feel any pleasure, too concerned he was about potentially offending this secret admirer of his. The only good thing about the absurdly poor performance on Flash’s part was the fact that AJ wasn’t a mare he planned on dating anytime soon. Thank Celestia for that… although the fact remained that he blew a perfectly good opportunity to kiss a pretty looking mare.

"Well, that was... neat. Hope you enjoy them apples. They's good eatin'!"

"Have a good'n, Flash!"

But maybe this was all for the best though; Flash Sentry just needed to think positive thoughts, and not dwell on any goof-ups. The guard woke up today not thinking a secret admirer desired him, and he could go to sleep with the knowledge that he didn’t lose something truly tremendous. And so, a dorky embarrassed smile appeared on Flash’s face while he waved goodbye to the two apple girls; “Thank you, you two! Have a nice day!”

That would have been the end of Flash Sentry’s tale for the day, had he not encountered another famous pony. But as his thoughts turned towards anticipating how Radiant Steel would react to receiving the small bag of apples in his saddlebag-

“Flash Sentry! So nice to see you again,” rang out an all-too familiar voice.

"P-P... Princess Cadence!"

2qJgRGm.png

What was supposed to be a surprise trip to meet Princess Cadence’s sister-in-law took a turn for the interesting when a touched-down royal chariot was spotted on the outskirts of town near Sweet Apple Acres. Observing from her own overhead chariot, Cadence spied a huge line forming outside the orchard. Filled with curiosity, the pink princess ordered her pilots to land a distance away from the crowd so as to avoid creating commotion.

Princess Cadence arrived just in time to see Flash Sentry depart the scene. Cady did not know Flash all that well save that he was relatively new, got transferred back to Canterlot recently, and may have been crushed on by Twilight Sparkle due to a strange set of bizarre circumstances. The alicorn wouldn’t have minded a polite conversation with Flash, but she guessed by his armor that he was on-duty, and didn’t have much time to waste. Therefore, Cadence kept things sort; “What’s with the big line… and is that Celestia and Blueblood I see?”

“Yes ma’am,” the guard replied, giving Princess Cadence a salute; “Some sort of sale’s going on. Five bits for a single bushel. Now if you excuse me, I got to return back to Canterlot before I’m missed.”

“Farewelll Private Sentry. May you enjoy the rest of the day.” With those words, Flash Sentry started the trip back to the train station. Cadence meanwhile kept looking at the line to the apple stand, wondering if she should join in with the others.....

*Exit Flash Sentry*

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
"Oh the pleasure is all mine,"

Celestia smiled at Carrot Top. She didn't wish to seem pompous by responding to that, however the mare did seem she was genuinely pleased to hear that Celestia was willing to taste some of her baby carrots. The mare started to rummage through her saddle bags.

"Oh, well I just bring a few with me but you can certainly have them," Carrot said rummaging in the pouch for the sweet carrots, taking care not to drop any in the process, "It's very nice of you to say that you might bring some back with you. If you're looking for more, my farm is just a short trot away from here. That is of course if you're free and wish to do so."

Celestia looked at the mare as she said she only carried a few in case somepony got hungry, and Celestia felt a bit guilty that she was merely indulging in her curiosity after hearing that they were as sweet as candy. "Thank you for your generosity, but if you carry them to help others then I cannot accept all of them," Celestia said as she levitated one from the mare's hooves and placed it into her mouth. Celestia has had many different carrots from all across Equestria, but the mare was right, these were extremely sweet, and rather tasty. "Though I will not be taking this bag, it seems that I may need to make a visit to your farm sometime soon. That carrot was rather delicious. I'm sure the Canterlot Castle chefs would appreciate new quality produce to work with, as well as using them as a snack," Celestia said smiling.

"She's also rather big on these little pranks. If you think this is bad, you try living with her."

Celestia mischievously looked at her nephew and cantered over to him. "Is that so my nephew?" Celestia whispered to Blueblood. "Perhaps there is a surprise waiting for you back at the castle." Celestia insinuated that she had arranged a prank at the castle, she naturally did no such thing, but it was fun to allude to a set up prank after he said such a thing.

"W-wait...wot?... uh..." She was dumbfounded for a few seconds but eventually she slowly pieced what was happening together. She had to admit, the princess had gotten her good. She also had to admit her pride felt a bit bruised so she put on a slightly tough facade with a smile as she wiped something away from her eyes,"W-Wow Princess! ya definitely got me good... I wasn' cryin' though!"

Though the prank was short lived Celestia felt that she may have gone slightly too far when she saw a tear coming from the young mare's eye. Though no sooner did Celestia start to move toward her to comfort her did she put on a brave face and wipe away the tear. Celestia decided to not say anything, so as not to seem patronizing, especially since it was her joke that put the mare into that state. However, she did seem to perk up when Celestia offered to alert Canterlot Court to her request.

"Thanks so much, yer highness! Do ya mind if I ask ya few questions about what kinda painting you'd like done in advance? how would ya like the overall feel o' the piece? I guess wot I mean ta ask is if ya want ta pose in a way that showcases aspects of you? I could do a painting that showcases yer power, perhaps yer authority, or maybe even your... uh allure. Anyway This is so bloody excitin' and so awesome! is there any kinda canvas ya'd like me ta use?"

Apparently Celestia's offer made the mare extremely happy and she started considering everything, likely planning in her head how she was going to paint the princess, how the princess would look, where it was going to happen. As such she started firing off several questions on how Celestia wanted to be painted. Celestia had been painted so many times before, been put into tapestries in various ways, just going to her old home, the Castle of the two Pony Sisters, in the Everfree forest would show you a number of tapestries, then there were stained class windows and paintings in Canterlot Castle, so for Celestia it was now less about what she wanted and more what the painter wished to do, within reason of course. Still Celestia smiled at the excitement of the mare who seemed to be brought from the brink of crying. "There will be plenty of time to discuss how the painting will be done once an appointment is arranged. I do favour allowing the painter to have creative license, within reason of course. So I'm sure however you choose to paint me will be fine," Celestia replied to the mare's barrage of questions.

Celestia looked over and she saw a familiar face approaching the back of the line, her niece, Princess Cadence. "Princess Cadence, it is so nice to see you again. Are you here to get some apples as well?" Celestia greeted Cadence, inquiring about her presence, though Celestia wasn't fully honest about her presence there, since part of the reason she was there to keep an eye on her wayward nephew.

• Like 1

Carrot Top waited as Princess Celestia sampled her baby carrots. She nodded when the Princess mentioned that she could not eat all the carrots. It wasn't something that she wanted to force on the Princess eating the carrots, yet she was happy that the Princess was able to try one. To her delight the Princess liked what the mare grew! Even better than the fact that the Princess would possibly pay her a visit, Carrot Top was thrilled that a portion of her harvest would be sent to Canterlot! Even if it was a small part, the mare would still be playing a role in the creation of foods.

"Oh thank you Princess Celestia. Anytime that you would like to visit, feel free to stop by. And thank you for looking for some to be delivered to Canterlot. It really means much that you like what i produce and what my cutie mark represents. How many small farms do you have put towards what is made in the castle in Canterlot?"

PrinceBluebloodbannerSmall_zpsa12a05cd.png

With all the dignity that a discovered hypocrite could muster, the Prince kept a straight face in the full blast of amusement from a disillusioned Presteza. She was right, of course, Blueblood did have a habit of giving ponies the wind-up. In fact, while he could be naturally aggravating, most of the irritation he caused to his acquaintances was entirely intentional, as a kind of long-term experiment to test exactly how much ponies were willing to put up with for the vey snobbish pleasure of being near royalty.

Up until recently, that answer had been a depressingly large amount, but he was beginning to realize that had more to do with the company he kept than any actual weakness in the average Equestrian citizen.

In any case, the Prince's response to Celestia's implication of a prank waiting for him at home was only a sigh of resignation. He was well aware of the old prank where the victim would be forewarned of a non-existent prank, and then work themselves into a tizzy over nothing. *Fool me once, auntie, shame on you. Five times, shame on me.*

At least some more interesting things were happening elsewhere. For one thing, Princess Cadence showed up. "Huh. All five royal ponies in the same town, on the same day. These apples certainly must be something special. Or perhaps the mare selling them..."

Even before the princess replied to her questions, Presteza had been thinking up several new ones. Where would Celestia wish to be painted? was there anything in particular she should wear? would she mind if she were painted with the other princesses?

"There will be plenty of time to discuss how the painting will be done once an appointment is arranged. I do favour allowing the painter to have creative license, within reason of course. So I'm sure however you choose to paint me will be fine,"

A massive grin appeared on the young artist's face, any traces of the sadness from earlier far gone. "Thanks so much, Princess! I can't wait! Maybe I should use one o' those fancy silk canvases! should I ask my folks back in Trottingham if they know anypony who makes really good paint?oh wot am I sayin' those two can't tell a flat brush from a rigger! Aw, hayseeds! I'm rabblin' again. Sorry this is just too cool! I promise that I'll start workin' on those forms n' stuff right away!" This was actually the second time she was told about having to make an official appointment by a princess, although the last time it was in the form of text rather than in person.

"Oh um... Princess ,when I get all that paperwork stuff done with would you mind if I painted you, Princess Luna, Princess Twilight, and--"

"Princess Cadence..."

Presteza nodded with an embarrassed chuckle, "Yep, her too!" she actually had written to the new princess of the crystal empire in her advice column about a personal problem she was having as she traveled from place to place. Some post script in her letter to Princess Cadence was asking if she would like to model for her and she gave pretty much the same reply as Celestia... albeit without the teasing. She was going to continue to try and talk to Celestia about the prospects of the future paintings but something the Princess of the sun said next got her attention.

"It is so nice to see you again. Are you here to get some apples as well?"

"Huh? Wot are ya talkin' abo..." the mare turned and she stood there staring a moment, she could hardly believe what she was seeing. The Princess of love was here in Ponyville buying apples too,"P-Princess Cadence! This is so cool! I actually get ta see ya in person! y-ya might no' remember me but I'm Presteza! Y'know, the uh..." the mare blushed a bit and mumbled out,"The... Allergic ... Artist..." she managed to perk back up quickly enough to look back at Celestia with a big grin on her face,"I can't believe this! If Princess Luna and Princess Twilight show up, this'll be the happiest day o' my life!" at this point the excited little painter was going a mile a minute, her words practically running together and her voice cracking more so than usual in her intense excitement

The pony in front of Applejack seemed a little undecided on what kind of apples they should get. Had Applejack known that it would have been a question involving deep thought, she probably would have never delivered it. "How about I just take the next customer while you think it over, alright?"

Just behind her was a gray pony. He seemed normal enough. It had been awhile since Applejack had a normal pony for a customer. However, maybe she would think too soon. "Howdy! You're at the front of the line! We got the most nutritious apples sellin' here. What would you like?"

48 Kisses left!

Next up

53. Gadget

54. Professor Clyde Krashkop

55. Carrot Top

56. Presteza

57. Prince Blueblood

58. Princess Celestia :Celest:

59. Ruby Pinch

60. Charming Masquerade

61. Memory Lane

62. Princess Cadance

On hold:

Maple (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Kissed

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

47. Mojo

50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks

52. Flash Sentry

"Well!" Gadget said in a very upbeat tone, that even he thought was quite odd from the way that he normally spoke. He had been in line for such a long time. His hooves ached, and his wing kind of hurt. A lot of the ponies killed time by talking to the others that were in line for the apples but Gadget was busy with something he saw in the sky. He was very interested in these...what were they called..."Apple kisses?" Apples were Gadget's favorite food, and he especially liked exotic and special kinds of apples. If this mare was selling new kinds of apples that Gadget didn't have, well he would want them. "I'll have...one,two,three,four...five bushels of apples!" He said very excited and went to pull out his bag of bits.

GrannySmith1WithText.png

As Granny Smith continued taking in the bits and barking orders to Apple Strudel, she took notice of the elderly glasses wearing Pegasus stallion who was now near the front of the line.

"Hay Strudel, lookie over here!" she shouted, "ain't that ol' Perfesser Krashkop in line now?"

"Javol mein sister," the bearded stallion said with a nod, "dat's him alright. It is vonderba dat he has come to buy our apples!"

"An' ta git a kiss from mah AppleJack! That old coot's closer ta MAH age than his! Maybe I orta be kissin'm!"

"YOU mein sister?" Uncle Apple Strudel asked as he burst into laughter. "He vouldn't vanna kiss from you."

"We'll see about that, brother. If'n the opportunity persents itself, I'm goin' fer it!"

Meanwhile, as he stood waiting in line, Professor Krashkop stood patiently waiting for his turn, completely unaware of the situation.

Eager to serve her customer, Applejack zipped back and forth, placing a bushel of apples in front of him. As he counted, Applejack zipped again, placing each bushel on top of the previous one. The stack of five bushels balanced carefully with itself, only dancing to the occasional breeze that gusted through the orchard's plains. "Five? Great! That's twenty-five bits total!" Applejack failed to pay attention to the possibility that a certain kind of apple might be in the interest of the pony. But the way he requested the apples and started pulling out his money gave her a hint that he was interested in whatever apples she would give me. Applejack would make sure they were quality apples, regardless.

48 Kisses left!

Next up

53. Gadget

54. Professor Clyde Krashkop

55. Carrot Top

56. Presteza

57. Prince Blueblood

58. Princess Celestia :Celest:

59. Ruby Pinch

60. Charming Masquerade

61. Memory Lane

62. Princess Cadance

On hold:

Maple (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Kissed

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

47. Mojo

50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks

52. Flash Sentry

"Five bushels of apple kisses right?" Gadget said as he put down his money. His mouth was watering just thinking about the tender, juicy, taste of an apple. Of course these apples are different. They aren't normal apples, these were apple "kisses." They aren't any normal kind of apple. These might have a new flavor to them. Maybe they would be spicy, or bitter, or maybe even sour. The possibilities were endless! It was like an every flavor apple! It could taste like hay, it could taste like a dandelion sandwich, it could taste like wood. Who knows?