[Sweet Apple Acres] 100 Country Kisses (Closed. NO Kisses Left)

Hippo

RRhqIJw.png

“Oh,” Sunset commented to Feng and Yanhua; “I’m sure Twilight will have secretaries on staff for minor bureaucratic stuff... she likes being the Organizer-in-Chief, after all.” A faint blush appeared on the unicorn’s cheeks. “I suppose I may have been a little melodramatic about the whole ruling alone bit, eh heh heh. But who knows? Maybe I’ll just ask Twi to mail a blank journal to the Imperial Palace. There’s not gonna’ be any problems with doing that, right?”

Sunset quickly remembered to add; “Oh by the way, Tempest’s doing fine. She had things she wanted to do this morning, but wanted me to tell you guys she said ‘hi’.”

As the unicorn mare spoke those words, she noticed out of the corner of her eye — oddly enough — yet another qilin walking towards the back of the line. Unlike Sunset’s newest friends however, this stallion wore a fancy robe, and seemed to project an air of regalness about him that reminded Miss Shimmer of the likes of Prince Blueblood and Fancy Pants. Sure enough, when the regal qilin got the attention of Feng and Yanhua, the other two’s body language stiffened significantly and took on a more deferential tone.

Just from what she’d observed so far, Sunset Shimmer surmised that the newcomer must have been a bigwig over at the Imperial Palace. Maybe one of those pretenders to the throne that Feng talked about earlier. For now, Sunset stood silently and gave the denizens of Long Guo their conversational space.....

jGtW6Iv.png

• Like 3

5HbB79Q.png

"Y'all have a good one and stay outta trouble, ya hear? Bye, Grubber!" She said happily as she waved of Grubber. Celestia knows that the hedgehog had a rough time of it more often than not and no doubt did she have that he would doubtlessly make mistakes in the future. But what she had said she believed in. He wasn't a bad seed, he wasn't a weed in a garden. He just had been denied the waters of friendship and the light of harmony for a while. But he still had time and he still had his resiliency and with the proper care he would have what he needed to bloom into the good, strong friend she knew he could become.

She cleaned the top again. The small creatures she had a habit of pulling on up to give them the very best kiss she could but it did mean she'd have to get to work cleaning a bit more. She checked her apples for the stretch run, stretched out her back and her lips, and smiled as she beckoned the next customer- with some helpful advice, to boot.

"Next on up! Please, bits only!"

*Candy Cain*

Glitterbanner.pngApplebanner2.png

Apple Bloom was having a good time of it after she had ambushed Silverstream. Talking to ponies, cleaning up the line, imagining herself having a good, long nap after it was all said and done. Moonlight trotted up to the farm with an aching stomach. Sure she may not have been working as riotously hard as the Apples had today but learning was hard and hard-learning how to cross-stitch a fabric you had never seen before could do a number on you, especially when it was trying to fix a new style of school uniform you had just seen. And when her stomach ached she had only one food that could possibly soothe her, and she knew where to get it from. After all, you can take the colt out of the Orchard but you can't keep the apple out of the filly.

Apple Bloom, for her part, missed the arrival of her cousin. Right before Moonlight arrived came Prince Lian, the creature that stole her heart and refused to give it back. He was the most stunningly handsome creature she had ever seen and as he walked around her farm like he wasn't a special morsel. Her eyes didn't leave him though they traveled here and there, and she found herself red as Big Mac as she half stumbled into Moonlight. She gave her cousin a once-over- she'd be lying if she said she was totally up to the date as to why of what happened with her, but she wasn't about to start questioning it now.

"Oh mah Celestia he's here! He's here! He's here, hehehehehe!" She whispered, tittering at the end as she leaned in.

"Who's, like, got you all in a tizzy?" Moonlight questioned back as she leaned in, eyes grazing the field.

"Oh, howdy thar Moonlight. It's, uhh- well- look at-" she said as she motioned over to the Prince. 

"Oh. Ooooohhhh, yeah," Moonlight said in a huskier tone as she giggled back. "Word! Like, talk about a total hunk. Real choice."

"He's so handsaome!"

"Like, you should totally try it."

"Try what?"

Moonlight winked.

*Candy Cain*

Spoiler

10 Kisses left!
91. Candy Cain
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
94. Tiger
95. Feng Yinhaitao
96. Sunset Shimmer
97. Yanhua
98. Prince Lian
99. Moonlight Glitter

Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

1. Carrot Fields :smug:
2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
4. Dunder Blust :?
5. Gentle Sol
6. Flam watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png
7. Starburst :?
8. Astral :smug:
9. Flim watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png
10. Silverbolt :smug:

11-20

Spoiler

11. Klondike :smug:
12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
14. Rarity ajscreen.png;)
15. Pigpen :smug:
16. Cherry Jubilee :?
17. Misty Morning :smug:
18. Pathfinder :?
19. Earth Writer :smug:
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

21. Metal Maker :smug:
22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
25. Electric Vibe :smug:ajscreen.png
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
32. Pinkie Pie :smirk:
33. Star Storm :smug:
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
39. Professor Ashen Smirk
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
48. Trixie :shifty:
49. Princess Twilight Sparkle
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
54. Professor Clyde Krashkop
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
58. Princess Celestia :Celest:
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow
88. Silverstream
89. Smolder
90. Grubber

91-100

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 3

Eventually, Candy resurfaced with an old, beat-up notebook bound with ancient-looking string. He flipped through the thing quietly, trying to hurry along and find what he was looking for. "Honeycrisp, Ambrosia. . . No. Arkansas Black, Winesap? Definitely not. . . Pink Pearl. That sounds interesting, but I doubt it'd taste good coated in sugar. . . Ah." Cain flipped to a page in the middle of the book showing all the uses for a certain deep red apple. "Aha! Red Delicious - perfect!" Cain went through the book for a little while longer, making note of all the other apples that worked best for candy apple batches. slammed the book shut. The stupid thing kicked dust up into his face. He ended up having a sneezing fit, before catching the tail end of a shout directly ahead. Oh dear, it appeared to be his turn. . . There was no point in stalling. The pink-maned stallion leaped out of his cart, toting the notebook with him. He wanted to make sure that he was getting all the apples he needed for the project. Once out and in the open, Candy raised a hoof in greeting.

"Ah, well met, Miss Applejack!" He remembered her name, at least. "Allow me to introduce myself: My name is Candy Cain, founder and sole employee of Candy Cain's Candy -" The stallion stopped. He was wasting his time with the lengthy greetings, and it would probably annoy everypony around him. He took on an embarrassed look for a second, before reverting back to his usual attitude. "N-Nevermind that. i had just found myself in the area, so I decided to take a little stroll down here to see if I could purchase some apples for the candy apple batches I usually make for this time of year. I usually have them around for Nightmare Night, but I missed that this year, I'm afraid. Luckily, I'll be able to do it this year for Winter. . . Uh, I heard there was a sale? Jolly good." Candy opened up his notebook, flipping through it to list off the types of apples he needed. "I wasn't entirely sure what you had here, so I needed to check - do you have, uh. . . Red Delicious, Gala, Empire, and/or Fuji? Those are usually the best for it. I could go for some Braeburn or Jazz, but I don't think those are all that common."

No, Candy wouldn't be eating them. He only made them for those who enjoyed what he did with desserts and other sweets. Maybe he'd have some when he was finished giving them out, but that'd be it. In actuality, Candy only ever ate sweets when he was stressed. It was odd, yes, but there were stranger things. Like, for instance, the sensation he was getting from the combined colors in front of him. He found it odd and a little rude when he looked at a pony and his synesthesia acted up, but he couldn't help it. Applejack's orange made his mind conjure up the taste of tangerines, but the barn was still giving him super-sugary vibes. The smell of the apples, on the other hand, made him see sunset colors. That was wrong: the actual sunset made him taste oat burgers made on the grill. The conflicting thoughts made his eye twitch for a moment. "Also, if you don't mind my asking, how many of these apples do you have? Based off of my previous projects, I believe I'll need. . ." Cain counted off numbers silently in his head for a moment. "Well, I'm definitely going to need more than a couple bushels."

• Like 2

d3J1Zmi.png

Feng's earlier words on the empress left Yanhua with a bitter taste in her mouth... but the opportunity to share a snack on the way back home with Feng quickly washed it out, "That sounds wonderful, Feng. Thank you." It was these moments of thoughtfulness that so easily drew Yanhua to Feng, even the tiny ones. Now that she thought about it, the trip back home would be quite a long one. Perhaps she could try and get a bit closer to her friend Feng on the way back: They did have much catching up to do now that secrets were revealed on her side of the relationship. 

The sound of a very familiar voice made the chef's eye's crack open for a moment.  Immediately she stiffened up and bowed her head to None other than Prince Lian. This would prove... interesting. A certain mishap in the not too distant past had left Yanhua confiding quite often with the prince, he was possibly the only other individual in the dynasty who knew about her secret (besides Wuya). Yanhua couldn't thank him enough for keeping his lips sealed about her past, his reputation of kindness being a well earned one. Yanhua would offer the stallion a friendly smile, "Good Afternoon, Prince Lian. Feng and I were just going to pick up some apples for me to bring back to the kitchen... and we end up meeting up with a newly acquired friend." 

Just as Sunset started trying to give her friends some space, Yanhua gestured to the unicorn. "Allow me to introduce Sunset Shimmer" She smiled to the mare and then back to the prince, "A very talented mage and friend of the land's new princess."

• Like 5

Feng Banner.png

Pleased at the new plan of snack acquisition, Feng reached out a feathered wing to keep the afternoon sun from getting into Yanhua's eyes.  No amount of Watcher indoctrination could make him anything but a caring friend, and his Watcher training, if anything, made him a far more conscientious one than he otherwise might have been.  But there could be no denying that it had a tendency to screen out relevant information, while highlighting normally unnoticed details.  Such as the intricacies of the Palace postal system.

"Ehm, I can't promise that any letter you send won't be read by several eyes before mine.  And if you do send a journal of that kind of magic, perhaps it is best that you simply state that it is a gift of stationary for calligraphy practice, if you do not wish to risk confiscation for official use."  He shrugged.  "Of course, should the Empress decide to requisition it, or expressed a desire to use any such thing, I would be obliged to hoof it over.  I hope you do not see this as a reflection of how much I would value such a gift."

Discussions of intrigue and skullduggery was suddenly cut short by the frankly unexpected arrival of the Royal Prince, Lian.  Feng, as was demanded by protocol, bowed along with Yanhua.  He rose quicker, however, and to a level of attention that, for once, reflected the discipline his training had instilled.  "I have come to this land on the orders of the Empress, to forge bonds of friendship across the ocean, and win glory among its athletes.  I am pleased to report that I shall return to Long Guo with success."  

He smiled, seeming to relax a little bit.  "And, my Prince, I could ask you the same question."  His lips twitched his smile into something like a smirk as he continued.  "I don't see any of my colleagues with you, which means you left home with either the best, or the worst of them."

Edited by PrinceBlueblood
  • Like 4

5HbB79Q.png

Applejack knew for a fact that anypony who ran a candy stand and had nearly th energy of Pinkie Pie had to be a pony with good taste buds. Well, hopefully. It certainly helped that of all the farms in Equestria and all the mares and stallions who ran them that he came to her, because anypony with even the most ill-defined of discerning tastes knew for a fact that if you wanted quality apples that satisfied in any condition for any job you came to Sweet Apple Acres. She didn't know this Candy Cain from a Candy Cane but she knew ponies who had a keen eye from those who did not and so she liked this fella from the start. Not that it was hard- she liked most ponies at first. A genial sort like that.

But he did have some odd mannerisms about him...much like Pinkie in that regard. Candy Cain's Candy what? Shop? Shoppe? Seemed like he had to remind himself to calm himself. An excitable fellow, was he? That seemed par for the course. Ponies far and wide knew that being around candy had to have a an excitable effect on you and she found the evidence in the energy of the confectionary propetiors in her golden life. Luckily he had a mind for business and an ability to keep his mind on the task at hand. She allowed him to work through it, gnoring her desire to jump on in and help him push towards the point of today's engagement. He could take his time. Maybe he was nervous because he was gonna get a kiss? Stallions had an awful habit of getting their wires crossed when it was their turn at the front of the line, she figured.

"Well, Ah got everythin' under tha Celestial sun! Macintosh, Gala, Red Delicious, Golden delicious, Fuji, Braeburn, Crispin, Honeycrisp, Jonagold, Granny Smith, Cameo, Winesap, Jazz, Macoun, Ambrosia, Paula Red, Cortland, Cripps Pink, Arcansas Black, Empire, Autumn Glory, Breeze, Haralson, Celestial Crisp, Pink Pearl, Kiku, Kanzi, Koru, Opal, Lady Alice, Pinova, Roam, Suagar Bee, and even some Smitten. Got anythin' you'd be wantin'! If yer gonna be makin' candy apples you got tha right idea. Got a bushel of Jazz left, a bushel of Fuji left, a bit more empire, and plenty of Red Delicious," she said as she looked down below into the infinite feeling void where an endless day of apples had originated from. It had been a successful day but she had enough apples left to fit the rest of the day's orders, that much she knew.

"So you'll need more than a few bushels, but Ah reckon you can give me a better idea on just how many? 'Cause depending on yer specific orders Ah can either get you everything you want or just enough of 'em," she replied honestly. Hopefully it was a big sale but...well, depending on just how big it was she was worried she may not have enough to finish the day. It was, after all, just supposed to be an event to get rid of around a hundred bushels of apples in overstock, not a replacement for their regular deliveries. 

*Candy Cain*

Spoiler

10 Kisses left!
91. Candy Cain
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
94. Tiger
95. Feng Yinhaitao
96. Sunset Shimmer
97. Yanhua
98. Prince Lian
99. Moonlight Glitter

Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow
88. Silverstream
89. Smolder
90. Grubber

91-100

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 1

Luckily, Applejack didn't seem too fazed by Candy's rapid-fire speech. Maybe that came from running an apple farm near Ponyville. Heck, that probably came naturally to anyone that ran anything near or in Ponyville. The few times Candy had been there, he'd been pretty overwhelmed, even though he hardly got the time to even talk. Am I really cut out for this? he thought to himself numbly. The unicorn chased away the thoughts by biting his tongue. Of course he was: he had the powers. He had the creativity. And who didn't like candy? Cain gave a half-grin, and tossed his hooves into the air in triumph, simultaneously flinging the candy cane he'd been holding skyward. "Wonderful! I'll take the lot!" Oh. Candy put a hoof to his mouth. Did he say that out loud? He was letting his excitement get the better of him. . . ugh. Candy shook his head, backtracking. "I mean, no. I was only here for a certain amount of apples. I'd never ruin a -" The previously flung candy cane dropped down onto his head, bouncing off and hitting the grass. Cain flinched, then rolled his eyes. ". .  sale. For others, I mean. I don't even think that I have the bits for every apple here. . ." Cain busied himself with checking the amount of bits he had, and comparing them to what he'd likely need for the amount of bushels he wanted to purchase.

"So, the bits don't really matter at the moment. . . I was looking to get, erm. . ." Candy put a hoof to his chin, a slightly worried look on his face. He glanced back at the line behind him, then back at Applejack. ". . . Three. Three bushels." Three hundred-and seventy-five apples. What was he thinking? The only way I can: big. That was potentially too much here. How many apples would they have left by now? The line here wasn't all too big anymore, meaning that, unless the sale had failed, most ponies had already come and gone. There couldn't be that many left. "Th-That's best case scenario, though! I can make do with two or one. . . To be honest, I'd planned on getting five of the good ones, then making the candy apples and putting them in storage for awhile. A good chill would do them well, and if I run out of sugar. . . Well, I've got chocolate." Candy realized that he was talking more to himself than to Applejack, and moved on.

"If you don't have enough of the Empire, I could go for a peck. Either way, I might just take the Jazz and Fuji right off of your hooves. I may just end up taking a bushel of granny smith if you don't have a full bushel of Empire - I wanted to keep things equal, you see. I. . ." Candy frowned. "I'm dreadfully sorry. I've been droning on for too long about what I'm going to do with them -" Candy took his pouch of bits out, and paused. "We can heckle the final purchase, if you so desire. I in no way wish to mess everything up here simply because I required more than a bushel today. To be honest, I should have come out here earlier to buy them in moderation. . . my apologies." Candy rubbed the back of his head, glancing off to the side with a worried look. He was still hung up about the terms of payment. Bits, and a kiss? There probably wasn't a catch, but. . . well, Applejack was by no means a bad-looking mare: in fact, she looked wonderful. Still. . . "I, uh. . ."

• Hearthoof 1

"Please my friends, this is far from the court and I'm far from the Chancellor. At least I would hope so! Ahah, but relax, I'm off the clock. the stallion would reply with a wink to Feng. "As you know I'm not ever far from my most faithful shadow." as Yanhua introduced the fiery-maned mare, Lián would smile brightly and turn to give Sunset a polite bow. "Sunset Shimmer, finally a face to place to the name. Princess Twilight has spoken highly of you during some of our conversations. It's great to finally meet you!" though their conversations may be brief at times, the Prince had been lucky to learn of a great deal of the interesting ponies of Equestria. Heroes, villains, and those in between. He hadn't all the details of course, nor would he ever pry for things as such. "Forgive me for looking a bit...stuffy." the qilin would motion as his robe and laugh. "I fear some of my retinue may have had conniptions if I didn't wear something regal. Next chance I have at a vacation, believe me it's staying home." rolling his eyes he'd smile playfully and glance between Feng and Yanhua.

"So I'm guessing...a little celebratory date to get a snack then? I'm glad to hear of your victories, Feng. You do the guard proud." it was Lián's turn to let a smirk play across his face. "Though even if it's not a date I can hardly fault either of you for coming, the Apple family grow some quite delicious apples, and I could hardly return home without at least saying hello after they'd been so hospitable to me in the past."

• Like 3

c8p5g1R.png?1

Being told of the Palace’s draconian measures around mail inspired little confidence within Sunset Shimmer; “Yeah, sure.” She could only imagine the hellstorm that would ensue from the magic-using community if a princess ever told anypony to surrender ownership of enchanted items over to the State.....

Miss Shimmer’s face turned a slight shade of scarlet when Prince Lián revealed he knew of her already. “Oh uhh,” Sunset stammered, rubbing the back of her head; “I haven’t really done anything all that special, really. You have to excuse Twilight; sometimes she gets TOO eager to hype up her friends because... hey, it’s what a Princess of Friendship is supposed to do, heh heh.” The unicorn actually didn’t know that for certain; it was just a hasty rationalization she made up to explain the inherent weirdness of Twi singing Sunset’s praises to a foreign prince.

...A foreign prince that Sunset still didn’t quite fully trust yet, despite taking on the affect of being a down-to-earth guy. If anything, it only further raised her suspicions. How convenient for a prince — a probable pretender to the throne back in his homeland, mind you — to maintain correspondence with a princess. Bet’cha there was no ulterior motive for that, no siree! “Soooooo.....,” Sunset gathered up the courage to awkwardly ask Lián after a minute passed; “Feng was telling me a couple minutes ago how you... ummm, have a really big family!”

• Like 1

Most faithful shadow... the indirect mention caused Feng to do a quick scan of the surroundings.  He couldn't see Si Jin... but that didn't much matter.  She was undeniably better at both cloaking herself with stealth, and piercing the cloaks of others.  He would have fancied himself the better fighter in a straight-up confrontation, but... they had never sparred.  Yet.  Perhaps he would correct this when he got home.

He had to sigh at the little joke about the date.  "You know as well as I do it can never be a date with me."  *At least, for all except one special qilin.  Oh gods, does Lian know how I feel about his sister?  They are close; it's likely Yu told him about my first confession of affection in Stalliongrad.  Well, at least he's discreet, if so..."*  He had to raise a brow at the Prince's stated familiarity with the Apples here.  "Oh?  I wasn't aware you had visited here before."  He looked back towards the front of the line, spotting a... fairly besotted-looking Applebloom.  Not... really surprising, as the Long Guo royal family were famous for their looks and charm.  But coming here when kisses were on the table?

*Well, that is, at least, not my problem.  I've trouble enough in love as it is, without unrequited affection.*  That was Feng for you, both perceptive and oblivious at once.

5HbB79Q.png

Celestia's stockings, this stallion couldn't help but over-complicate a simple matter. A common trope found amongst the candy-based shopkeeps of Equestria, she found. They did everything in their power to ensure that the light of Equestria shone with a shade of frosting but sweated out the details and the joy they created so much that they lost it a little themselves. Or, in his case, seemingly concerned himself primarily with how his sale could adversely affect others. Kind of him to think of others but in this case, wholly unrequired. She nodded along with him for a while before laughing a little and shaking her head. "Just relax. Yer gettin' yerself some find apples today that'll help you out one way or 'nother, no problem," she said as sh tried to put him at ease. He just needed to get her bits, get his apples, share  a kiss, and enjoy the day!

She started gathering his order of three bushels. He seemed wishy washy on what exactly he wanted so she just went with the safe bet, which was the three he had plainly said. She did make sure he got himself a good variety of the most important ones he had wanted though. She gave him the last bushel of Jazz apples, the first bushel to make its appearance on the countertop. It was followed by the last of her prime Fuji apples as well, and then she made sure the final bushel was nothing but Empire. It'd knock her clear out of Jazz and Fuji, not to mention lowering her to about a bushel of Empire left. But he wanted them and she wasn't about to let a customer out of her sights with a lowered muzzle on her account. "One Empire, one Jazz, one Fuji comin' on up!"

She pushed all three bushels together and patted the basket. "There we be, three bushels," she said proudly though it was replaced with a bit of a quizzical expression. "By tha way, where is yer shop exactly? Can't say Ah've seen a candy apple Ah've been angry about!" She asked, wondering just where she could pick up his tasty treats. That'd wrap up this transaction she reckoned. "Alright. Fifteen bits and a kiss, sugar," she offered with a flutter of the eyebrows.

*Candy Cain*

Spoiler

10 Kisses left!
91. Candy Cain
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
94. Tiger
95. Feng Yinhaitao
96. Sunset Shimmer
97. Yanhua
98. Prince Lian
99. Moonlight Glitter

Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow
88. Silverstream
89. Smolder
90. Grubber

91-100

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 1

Candy took a deep breath. Applejack was right - he was being a little too over-the-top about this. He needed to just relax for a moment. Still, a moment was too long right now, He needed to be out of the way of the others before things got ugly. A line that didn't move for too long was bound to explode at some point. He could be calm and courteous at the same time, couldn't he? "R-Right. . . I'd just rather not -" I'd rather not have to actually talk to them. "Uh. . . I'd just rather not accidentally cause a fuss. Still, the more apples I get, the more fillies and colts I can make smile, right?" Candy grinned, turning away to put his notebook back. He didn't want to have to leave the line and ho back into his cart though, so he simply balanced it on his back and shrugged a little. "Jolly good," he said, mostly to himself. Yes, he could just see it now. . . Everyone looking content with their share of sweets, curled up at home. . . Or, well, doing whatever it was they did on a daily basis near the holdiays. Candy? Well, he was usually working. He didn't really think about what he'd do when the work was done. Usually, he found a reason to keep working before that time came.

Once the three bushels were out and ready for purchase, Candy began rummaging through his pouch of bits for payment. His ears perked up at the mention of his shop, though. "Hmm? Oh - heh, everyone asks that. It used to be in Canterlot, but now, well . .." He gestured back to his cart. "I work in it, travel with it, fall asleep on the job in it. . . I'm surprised it hasn't fallen apart yet. I bought it for a discount the day I left. I guess you could say I'm a traveling show." Speaking of which, did Candy have anything planned for today? A quick mental check of his calendar told him no, but that didn't mean that he couldn't make an unplanned visit somewhere public. Would they want to see him, though? It was pretty cold today. Still. . . what would he do if they weren't coming? Perhaps he could just get started on the apples. . . He just needed to stay busy. Yes, that was it.

"Very good, then." Candy counted out fifteen bits, setting them down on the counter one by one. He was doing it quickly enough, but by the seventh one (and the worried expression on his face), it was obvious that he was stalling somewhat. "Eleven, twelve, thirteen. . ." He began murmuring even slower as the numbers climbed. "Fourteen. . . You know, how are we going to do this? I'm sorry, but the idea of paying for something with bits and a kiss is very new to me. I'd rather not mess a kiss up, since, um. . ."

• Like 1

5HbB79Q.png

His worry was starting to grate on her. What was he so concerned about? She had more than enough apples for everypony and he was going to succeed at whatever candy apple business he had planned. Everything was fine, yet he was as nervous as a colt at his first prom. Perfectionists could be like that. Unable or unwilling to just let the facts be the facts, they worried about a thousand issues real and imagined and didn't allow themselves the simple victories that day to day business freely gave them. Still, at least he managed to corral himself up a sense of forward momentum and pushed through his unusual concerns about the line. It all seemed rather tame back there, all things considered. Was his shop not doing well enough to the extent that a few ponies in line chatting somehow made him think they were on the edge of a riot? She wasn't the right type of mare to unpack the emotional headspace of another pony. She was just happy they were moving forward, even if it was imperfect.

Even if it was really, really slow. He was slow-playing the payment one bit at a time. Her first inclination was to think he was trying to get out of paying the full amount but it quickly became apparent that there was an entirely different can of worms being unfurled in front of her. He was just being nervous about the second part of the payment plan. It was almost becoming funny how unusually reticent some stallions and mares were, considering the terms and conditions of the sale were well-stated. How many of them had quite literally walked off the street into this line with only the barest idea, if any, of what awaited them at the end? She knew that next year she'd have to rely on more than Apple Bloom's marketing method, which worked well enough for ponies inside of town but was proving rather awful for ponies coming from out of town. None of that helped now though, none of it mattered when it came to dealing with the poor stallion in front of her.

Especially poor because she'd done this long enough today to have some fun with the more shy ones.
"Candy, how're you gonna mess a kiss up? It ain't like ya never kissed a mare before and if you haven't, this is just a lil' ol' kissin' booth. Y'all aren't bein' judged on kissin' quality. An' if yer more of a stallion colt yerself, just imagine Ah'm Big Mac over there," she said, tossing her mane in the direction of her studly older brother. Then she brought his attention back to her as she leaned over. "Now stallion up, 'cause Ah'm comin'," she said as she leaned in and gave him a wet piece of work right on the cheek, warm and inviting all the same.

*Candy Cain*

Spoiler

10 Kisses left!
91. Candy Cain
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
94. Tiger
95. Feng Yinhaitao
96. Sunset Shimmer
97. Yanhua
98. Prince Lian
99. Moonlight Glitter

Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow
88. Silverstream
89. Smolder
90. Grubber

91-100

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 1

image.png

Spike stood on tip-claw and waved back to AJ. He had a while to mull things over before he made it to the front of the line. He wished he could act more grown up about this whole thing! It was just a kiss after all!

The line was getting shorter and shorter and Spike felt himself getting more and more nervous. Plus, Smolder was in line too and he hadn't noticed her before. Not until she waved her hello. Before he could respond the female dragon was next up and giving a smooch to her teacher! 

"Hey there Smolder!" He waved to the dragon who was leaning against a tree. Why hadn't she left? Then it dawned on him and his blush only got deeper! She was going to watch him smooch Applejack! Well, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Maybe she could give him some encouragement? 

"So, uh, how are the apples?" He asked awkwardly from his distance away from her. He gulped, noticing there was only one pony separating him from his big moment now...

• Like 3

Candy made a sound like air blowing out of a tire. There were probably several dozen ways he could mess up a kiss. If he were the one giving it rather than receiving it, what if he was sloppy about it? Or what if it was too long? He didn't want to come off as rude to her, of all ponies. "Now, I didn't say that. Or rather, I wasn't trying to. . . I was just implying that. . ." Applejack's comment about him imagining her as Big Mac made him cock his head to one side slightly. He didn't know who she was talking about - at first. One glance towards the pony she gestured to sent  a hot flush to his face. How had he not noticed the lad before? It seemed impossible to, now that he'd seen him. And he was still staring. The pink-haired stallion put a hoof to one cheek, squeezing his eyes shut. How embarrassing. . . He was supposed to be better than this. Since when did Candy Cain act this flustered? "N-Now I hardly think that's -" he began, tail flicking nervously, before his attention was drawn back to Applejack again. Despite all the time he'd wasted on preparing for the kiss, he still wasn't fully prepared for it. Surprisingly, though. . . it was just that. A kiss, and nothing more. Cain looked a little blank in the face for a moment as his brain tried to make sense of his earlier concern. Yes, maybe he'd been expecting something a little more dramatic out of it - something that he could mess up in some way. Luckily, receiving a kiss was nearly impossible to mess up. ". . . Oh," he finally said, blinking a few times. "M-My apologies. I guess. . ." After a moment, he appeared to process the fact that he'd actually been kissed, albeit on the cheek. He was happy for that - otherwise, he might've fainted. He couldn't get the image of Big Mac doing it out of his mind, however. His face reddened even further as he continued speaking. "I-I suppose that my mind was too busy thinking up drastic consequences for the unlikely scenario that I botched this. . ."

Candy looked away, slightly annoyed. Why was he like this? When it came to gatherings, parties, shows, or other social meetups, he was completely fine with social interaction and everything that came with it. When it came to just being regular old Candy Cain, though. . . that was a whole other story. 'Oh dear. . . I'd better hope that I don't go on a date in the near-future. Otherwise, I might just have a heart attack.' Candy put the last bit down on the counter, giving a half-smile. "In any event, I apologize for the, um. . . the general time-wasting, ehe. I guess it was just my original surprise and confusion combining itself with frayed nerves. . . and sugar." Candy frowned. Yep - he'd had a piece or two earlier. That would probably explain his fast-paced talking earlier. Perhaps he'd just chill out in his cart for a little while after leaving. . . he didn't want to assault anyone else with his worries and pointless chatter. He had an image to upkeep, and he was doing a pretty poor job of it by acting like a fool while buying apples. Speaking of which, he needed to grab those. . . Candy took the the first bushel with relative ease. There was no way he was moving three of those in one trip. He gave a little wave with his hoof, more focused on keeping the apples from falling than anything. "I thank you for being understanding - and of course, for the apples. If all goes well, I may just end up returning. . ." A glance at Big Mac sent another flush to Candy's face. He shook his head. "F-For apples! You can never have enough of those, eh?"

• Like 1

Up to this point, Stellar had been quietly keeping to himself hoping not to metaphoically (or literally) step on anypony else's hooves. He had kept his head down looking at the ground when somepony yelled something right next to him which snapped him right out of his funk. It was the little dragon, next in line. He'd called out past Stellar to another dragon in the distance. He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down.

He looked ahead in the line, to see how far he'd come, and he started getting nervous, again. He was now third in line. Then he saw the pony in front was just as- no more nervous than he was. That made him feel a little better. Now, he was interested to know how he was doing. He listened in to the conversation they were having.

"An' if yer more of a stallion colt yerself, just imagine Ah'm Big Mac over there," Applejack had said. Oh, my. Stellar had been trying not to see the potentially attractive stallions around cause he knew he'd just get more flustered. But now, he had to see who she was talking about.

Stellar looked in the direction Applejack had motioned, and saw a big red stallion. He began breathing more heavily. He really was quite the big, impressive stallion. Working on the fields had not done any harm to his physique. And he had gentle eyes....

Stellar snapped his attention away from the stallion and tried to focus on Applejack, instead. Buck. Now, he can't not imagine she's him. Well, this is bound to make things all the more.... interesting.

• Like 2

5HbB79Q.png

She couldn't help but stifle a laugh after the kiss as the stallion with an overactive imagination stumbled and bumbled his way through the post-kiss situation. She could see between the blushes and the eyes that she had tossed in just the right stallion to get the customer's knots twisted in just the right manner. She could hardly blame him. It seemed like all the mares and roughly half the stallions she had ever met couldn't help but fall a litle for her older brother. It didn't hurt that she knew him as one of the best ponies in the whole of Equestria, quiet or not. Nonetheless, she turned her head over to Big Mac. "Hey Big Mac, this fella's needin' yer help with the other two bushels. Think you could help him out a stretch?" She asked. Big Mac nodded and took the two extra bushels on his back like one might take a feather, then followed Candy out.

"Y'all have a good day now, ya hear?" She said goodbye with a friendly wave. He had been a nice enough fellow, even if he couldn't get out of his own way. She'd have to remember to stop by his shop next time she was in Canterlot on business. Pack the bits, too- anypony who came all this way for candy apple ingredients certainly had good taste in product. She checked her apple suply once more. Yep, still good Out of a few varieties now but still more than enough to see her through! The lie was getting short now and she could see the sun just slowly starting to dip behind the trees. They were in the endgame of this here event and she knew right as rain that it was a big success. She had to keep the momentum up- with Spike, it seemed!

"Well, how do ya do there, Spike? Come on up, it's yer turn!"

*Spike*

Spoiler

9 Kisses left!
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
94. Tiger
95. Feng Yinhaitao
96. Sunset Shimmer
97. Yanhua
98. Prince Lian
99. Moonlight Glitter

Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow
88. Silverstream
89. Smolder
90. Grubber

91-100

Spoiler

Spoiler

91. Candy Cain

• Like 1
  • Apple 1

sJ8Vcka.png

“Oh heya Spike.”, the dragon cracked an eye open to see her favorite lil’ dragon buddy standing nearby. For some reason, he looked really nervous. Like Yona right before a major test nervous. With the exception of the ground not shaking. And Spike was not shouting ‘Spike is the best at being nervous!’ She slowly got up from her spot. It was a good thing it was Spike that woke her up, as like ‘spitting in the wind’ and ‘Smacking Princess Celestia’s cutie mark’, ‘waking up a dragon’ was one of the more foolish things a mortal could do.

One of the many things she had learned while in school was not to be afraid to show affection, especially to special little guys like the purple dragon.  “Eh, I gave them to Silver. I think she’s gonna do something with them.” The Hippogriff also had borrowed a wagon, and the dragon had no desire to drag a bag around town. She had stuff to do! Research on the farm! And later on, she needed to study for the big test on procrastination. She would get to it. Eventually.  She gave the adorable little blushing dragon a hug.

"What's making you so....oh.."

"Well, how do ya do there, Spike? Come on up, it's yer turn!"

"Looks like it's your turn.", before letting him go, Smolder made sure the small dragon's head fins were straight.
  • Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1

image.png

Spike felt a strong sense of relief when the older dragon came over to give him a hug. Smolder always seemed so confident and strong! Like he wished he could be! But for now he would settle with just knowing he had a friend to send confidence and strength his way. 

"Wellllll," He gulped, looking up at his friend from his hug. "I'm uh, a little nervous." He tried to take a deep breath and ended up coughing some smoke. "Don't tell anyone but I haven't exactly done a lot of kissing in my life," He looked around to make sure nopony heard him. "Twilight sent me to get some apples for something she's try to make and well, I didn't know I'd have to give a kiss to get some." He blushed again.

Then Applejack was calling him up for his turn! 

He tried to toughen up, rolling his shoulder back and grinning. It felt good that Smolder cared enough to make sure he was ok. She really was a good friend! "Th-thanks Smolder." He allowed her to straighten him up before jogging off to meet Applejack and get those apples! He turned and waved.

"Let's hang out soon ok?" There was always more to learn from a more grown up dragon!

"Oh, uh....hey there uh Applejack," The young dragon stepped up to the booth. "So Twilight said to get her some red delicious and a few granny smiths if you've got them?" He didn't mention the kissing and his blush was only deepening.

• Like 3

Candy had been a little more focused on the apple basket than Applejack's response, so he worried that he might've failed to exchange a farewell with her. No - he had forgotten to do so. He'd just been too insistent on apologizing to do it earlier. He turned to shout out a farewell just as the mare called out to her brother to aid him with the bushels. He, well. . . it was safe to say that he didn't say anything one could really make out for the first few seconds. Still, he got a handle on his nerves - barely. He resigned himself to simply accepting the assistance, though not without a small, "Hullo," to the other stallion. It was safe to say that the embarrassment phase was over for Candy. . . he'd gotten his apples, and he was on his way out. Oh, dear. He certainly hoped that he was back to his usual social self if Applejack or anyone else showed up to his place. Otherwise, he'd be better off just quitting. No one liked watching a timid stallion making candy art. Well, maybe some people. . . but certainly not the majority. Candy laughed a little at the thought of messing up again sometime in the future, and resolved to deal with the issue later on. For now, though, he needed to head out of town, and get working on those candy apples.

Once he'd arrived at the cart and all the apples had been safely placed inside, Candy gave an uncharacteristically short thank you to Big Mac. Maybe that was just him being too nervous to say too much - though the red stallion hadn't seemed like one to talk much, so it didn't seem like it was necessary to say more than thank you. He hooked himself up to the front of the cart, and was once more on his way - somewhere. This time, he'd probably end up setting up camp somewhere just outside of Ponyville, just since he already felt tired. He could start working on the apples anywhere, so it was fine. Work would hopefully keep his mind off of other things until he was done. . . "Oh dear - three hundred-and seventy-five apples. That will be quite the task," he murmured to himself. Hopefully he could maintain the energy required to keep at it this time - otherwise, he might end up having to eat some of the apples to stay with it!

*EXIT*

• Like 1

d3J1Zmi.png

With the prince's approval, Yanhua got back up and smiled. "Forgive us, Prince Lian." She stretched a little in place, "Palace protocol makes bowing a very powerful habit."

Yanhua perked up a moment at Lian's little jest about a date, For a moment she scooted the tiniest bit closer to Feng... only to deflate as the stallion again took the wind of her sails.  With a small sigh she looked over to Feng and then back to Lian, "... Actually, I asked him to pick up some apples for the kitchen back home and I realized I hadn't told him what type." She explained in a somewhat dry an unenthused tone. Hei Lian's connection to the apple family definitely caught the chef's attention though. Maybe they could get a discount and better deal for apples if they were patient.

• Like 3

5HbB79Q.png

Spike was one of Applejack's best friends, easily slotted in there among the other mares that she counted as the most important ponies in her life. He was a lil' baby dragon with a big heart and the sort of go get'm attitude that she appreciated. Could it have been any other dragon but him who could have done what he did and been such a good friend? Ha! Unlikely. He was also a credit to Twilight's child-raising talents to boot. She didn't know when or if Twilight would ever have a foal of her own but Applejack was confident that she would raise it well and good. More importantly, she also knew that Spike had good taste. He wasn't one of them strawberry hedonists or banana heretics, but a good ol' fashion apple loyalist and a superior sense of who and what to spend his time with and bits on. You could see that as he came up right now!

He seemed bashful. She didn't need to guess why. He wasn't very complicated. He was still a little fella after all and little fellas seemed a bit more bashful about the prospect of kissin' as a whole. Spike especially so, since he had come to know Applejack and the others so well. She found it pretty funny, all things said. It was just a friendly kiss after all, no reason to get all tied up in a knot about it. Then again, there was that age difference that Applejack was more concerned about than others. It gave her some ideas- where the hay was Apple Bloom? She turned her head to and fro until she found the filly. That would work. No need for that worry now though. He had questions and certainly she had the answers when it came to apples!

"Well, good ta hear that Twilight's learnin' ta get the varieties right. Ah reckon a Red Granny nearly put Granny Smith in tha hospital on account of tha laughin'. Ah've got both Red Delicious and Granny Smiths in plentiful supply. How many bushels of each yer wantin'?" She asked peppily, already working out the logistics of such a small fella carrying as many bushels as she could imagine selling to a Princess.

*Spike*

Spoiler

9 Kisses left!
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
94. Tiger
95. Feng Yinhaitao
96. Sunset Shimmer
97. Yanhua
98. Prince Lian
99. Moonlight Glitter

Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow
88. Silverstream
89. Smolder
90. Grubber

91-100

Spoiler

Spoiler

91. Candy Cain

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

image.png

Spike let out a breath, trying to calm himself. AJ was talking about apples now. How many he wanted being the main thing. 

"I uh think she said a bushel of each. She's working on some well, I guess you could call it baking?" The young dragon chuckled. Twilight's baking was a sight to behold... on the counters, walls, floors, and ceilings. "I was wondering if I could borrow your small wheel barrow?" He kicked the ground in front of him still pondering what kissing the farm mare would be like. 

The dragon looked back to Smolder and seeing her bolstered him at least a little. He looked up into Applejack's big green eyes. "So here's the bits," He placed the coins he'd been clutching in his claw down in front of AJ. Here...it....comes...

5HbB79Q.png

"Two bushels it is!" She responded enthusiastically, scooping up the apples and preparing the bushels. They weren't the best tasting apples on the menu, nor the crispest or even best for baking. But they worked at ay little task you gave them and were a reliable ally in any venture. No wonder Twilight wnated them. She just wanted something she could use without issue and would turn out just fine, even if with Applejack's help she could accomplish that same task with much tastier apples. In no time at all she had both bushels ready. As she finished up she gave her assent to the wheelbarrow question. "Of course you can. Truth be told Ah was wonderin' how you were plannin' on carryin' both of tha bushels back!" She said with a laugh as she came back up.

She had to stop herself from laughing.

Spike was so awkwardly ready for a kiss, bits ready and eyes closed as he leaned in. She quickly tried to get Apple Bloom's attention but she was...distracted by a certain member of the line. Drats. Applejack knew that Spike'd like a kiss from Apple Bloom a bit more so than Applejack if only because there was a little less awkwardness to the festivities. Alas, that seemed to be a plan that was dead and gone. So she took matters into her own hooves and bent down, giving Spike two big kisses on either side of the cheek, wet and juicy as the finest apple. "And here's tha kisses! Now that is one nice transaction, don't ya think?" She asked with a hearty laugh as she took the bits and added them to her growing vastness below.

*Spike*

Spoiler

9 Kisses left!
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
94. Tiger
95. Feng Yinhaitao
96. Sunset Shimmer
97. Yanhua
98. Prince Lian
99. Moonlight Glitter

Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow
88. Silverstream
89. Smolder
90. Grubber

91-100

Spoiler

Spoiler

91. Candy Cain
92. Spike

image.png

Spike's little heart raced as he placed the bits in front of the farm mare. She said he could use the wheel barrow. Good! Now he just had to get through...

*smooch smooch*

His cheeks tingled where she'd planted her kisses on him. The baby dragon opened his peepers and looked up into Applejack's green apple eyes. He blushed again but this time in triumph! He'd done it! He'd gotten the apples and he'd gotten his kiss! Well, he'd gotten two kisses! 

"T-thanks Applejack!" Spike called to his friend as he made his way over to get the wheel barrow. "For the apples, and the kisses!" He waved as he rounded the corner of the barn, bent on getting his haul of fine apples back to the Princess' kitchen!

*Spike out*  :kissy:

• Like 2