[Sweet Apple Acres] 100 Country Kisses (Closed. NO Kisses Left)

Hippo

GrannySmith1WithText.png

"What? Who's callin' my name?" Granny Smith asked as AppleJack asked Apple Strudel to set aside ten bushels of Granny Smith apples.

"Javol, mein great niece!" Apple Strudel neighed, rushing over to the storage area to quickly reserve the bushels of apples. As the gray bearded stallion finished marking the tenth bushel, he caught the arrival of Princess Luna from the corner of his eye. As he turned to glance down the line, his eyes grew as big as saucers, beholding the royal alicorn as she approached.

"ACH! UNEEMAL!" he shouted as he galloped frantically back to the booth. "APPLEJACK! GRANNY SMITH! PRINCESS LUNA IS HERE! VEE HAVE ROYALTY AMONG US!"

"What in the name of Ponyville are ya caterwallin' about, brother?" Granny asked, slowly turning her body around until she too spotted the Princess in the back of the line. "JUMPIN' GEEHOSSAFAT! PRINCESS LUNA! HAY YA BUNCHA YAHOOS, MAKE WAY FER PRINCESS LUNA!"

As Granny Smith stood boldly in the front of line, trying to get the other ponies in line to move aside, Uncle Apple Strudel bowed himself towards the Princess, still in a state of shock to see such an important pony gracing their humble apple stand.

Parhelion started to answer Star Storm, then the commotion caught his attention. He looked up, spotted the Princess, and his eyes shot wide open. Almost as quickly, he knelt into the deepest of bows, forelock nearly brushing the soil. "Princess!" he squeaked.

Opal was just standing there for a few moment. In her head, she recounted what had just happened.

Much to her disappointment, the orange farmer mare had just weighted the money instead of counting it. So much for that. Plus, she didn't even flinch when giving her a 40% discount on 10 bushels of apples. It had been a steal. A literal steal! And on top of that, she had just balanced on her hindlegs, and had placed a little kiss on her cheek, like it was nothing. And Opal had just stood there. And she was still standing there, her smile replaced by an expression of light puzzlement.

As she stood there, something began to rummage inside of her, and it wasn't the unusual amount of fruit in her belly. She felt heat creep into her features, but made a consorted effort not to let her expression derail. Instead, she sported a somewhat manic smile, her wild eyes fortunately hidden behind sunglasses. She gulped, her heart rate calming somewhat. Maybe if she kept her cool, she could save the situation.

The white pegasus took a moment to take in her surroundings. There was the next customer, a mare with a two-coloured, wavy mane, who was chatting idly with the the earth pony Applejack and the little filly that had just stuffed apples into her maw as part of the sales pitch. Not much of an opening there. The other customers wouldn't be much help either, though, as she looked down the line, she had to gulp once again. No other then Princess Luna was standing there in line. She barely believed her eyes. Wasn't it it kind of unusual for a princess to buy apples by herself? Shouldn't she have servants for that kind of menial task? She shook her head. 'Not the time for that...' She thought to herself.

She then noticed two earth ponies, an old mare who looked a little shaky on her old age, and an elderly stallion with a quite impressive beard, and what looked like foreign clothing. '40%!' she thought, and her smile grew wider. This was her opening. She just had to play her cards right.

Opal trotted towards the pair of elderly ponies, her expression back to the thin smile she usually sported when talking to other. She cleared her throat politely to get the stallion's attention. "Excuse me.." She began, "Apple Strudel, was it? I was told I could receive my apples from you." She said, accompanied by a little chuckle. "Those saddle bags should hold about two bushels, if you'd be so kind."

She then turned her attention to the elderly mare. "Oh, hello. I don't think we met before. My name is Opal Shards, by the way." She added, spreading her wings shortly, just to fold them back up. "I take it the two of you are related?" She went on with a curious smile. "Oh, it must wonderful to have such a big family, all working together..." She smiled graciously. "...but I'm sure business must be going well, judging by the amazing deals Miss Applejack offers." The white mare giggled brightly, then continued: "I mean, three bits for a bushel of apples? You can't argue with such a discount, especially for apples fresh from the orchard."

Her smile didn't change in the slightest, but behind her shades, her keen eyes observed the two's reaction. With any luck, this was going to be good.

Mustang senses a powerful presence behind him and turns to investigate. He turns to see none other than her majesty, Princess Luna. Immediately he turns around to fix his uniform and faces the princess again; he bows to her deeply in respect, his long ponytail flowing behind him in the process. "Your royal highness Luna, it is a great honor to be in your presence." He says excitedly. Master Mustang has never seen the princesses in person before today. It is a sight he will be sure to remember. Luna's presence is dazzling as legends tell. She is as beautiful as a cloudless starfilled night sky. It kinda makes Mustang blush. She is so beautiful... and she's right in front of me... oh I do hope I make a good impression... IDIOT! Focus, she is your royal highness! Mustang somewhat regains his senses and motions for Luna to pass him in line. "W-w-would your majesty like to cut ahead of me? I am c-certain you must be quite busy and would like to be on your way, mam." He stutters but polite. He is a little embarassed.

Star Storm's little peepers widened at the sight of this magnificent alicorn. Waaaaawww... She'd never seen a real life princess before! Not THIS close, at least! "Y.. You can go ahead of me too Luna! You're my favoritest princess, you know!" Star stood there for a second, looking in awe with a silly grin, but hurriedly followed Mustang and Parhelion's examples and knelt, lowering her head.

BonBonPostBannerwithtext.jpg

Bon Bon felt her innards acting very much like the her emotions, twisted around in a knot while her frazzled mind made do with what scraps of intelligence were floating around her skull. She wasn't normally this way; while she wasn't the smartest pony in all the land she certainly thought herself anything other than an idiot. But the way she was currently, she could hardly string successful thoughts together long enough to commit them to a sentence let alone communicate intelligently. It was not a good situation to be in and her discomfort even with a warm smile plastered on her face was nearly palpable.

Heck, she couldn't even get herself to talk straight to Applejack, and Applejack was the most straight talkingest pony in Equestria. She saw in the farm pony's response the same mixture of abject confusion mixed with politeness and joy that the questions had been asked with, even if confusion had snugly fit into position in between the other emotions. Bon Bon was responsible for that too, just as she had been responsible for her fair share of the drama of the day. Then again, there needn't have been any drama had Lyra not played the of an overly concerned lovestruck lover. Still, hidden in Applejack's answer was something that caught Bon Bon's attention. Nervousness; did the farm pony believe she was in some manner in Bon Bon's verbal crosshairs? Time to put such silliness to rest- in peace, hopefully.

"No, Applejack. Of course I'm not mad with you, all you did was provide a service that somepony paid for. And...truth be told, I'm not angry that Lyra came down to get a kiss. I mean, just look at you! All fit and stuff. No, I'm just upset that she felt the need to lie to me and come down here in sime silly outfit, like I am going to get all jealous over some kissing booth. It's a little off-putting that she thinks I'm that unstable. What do you do when somepony acts that way?" She asked nopony in particular, shaking her head as she fished out the five bits. The previous customer had gotten away with one heck of a deal but as a fellow businessmare she knew how deadly constant deals could be. It was already a slam-bang good deal and taking off any more would see the day turn to sour apples in the long run. She put her money on the table and looked back up to Applejack, shaking her head. As she did this though, a single bit evacuated and fell to the ground, rolling between her legs and behind her. She was never the best with her hooves and gave a frustrated sigh as she poked her head down and watched it roll away. She trailed away.

"Luna's bronze socks, I can't catch a-" She started as her eyes settled on the bit and caught the arrival of the Princess, which sent Bon Bon's head straight back up and ferociously excited at Applejack, "-break me out of this dream, that's Princess Luna!" She nearly screeched, swiftly picking up the last bit and finalizing the transaction. She nodded urgently at a bushel of apples.

"I'll take some Braeburns. Do you think the Princess would like them? I'm starting to think Lyra and I can patch this up pretty quickly with your help here," Bon Bon prepped for her kiss, which was awkward considering it was now the third most exciting thing in her mind at that moment.

The stallion took a great interest in the colt, something that few adults did. He even suggested something that never crossed Light's mind before. The stallion mentioned how Light's mark meant that he could be a leader, a protector of others guiding them on the path. He wondered if is name was one of those metaphor things that Ms. Cheerilee taught him in school, meaning something other than the literal meaning. Sure, he could make light, but maybe he was to literally be a light even in the dark times.

"Huh, I never though about that. Maybe I am a guide. I'm not really a good leader now. i'm kind of shy. As for my cutie mark, well I was coming home from a friend's house. It was night, and the clouds were blocking the moon, so I couldn't see really well. i guess I went the wrong way and got lost in the Everfree Forest. I though I'd never get out and how my friends and parents would miss me. Then suddenly my horn glowed and a ball of light appeared. I used it to guide me home, and when I returned, I found my mark appeared."

"Well you are still young, I am sure you will gain confidance and become a guide and leader in the lives of other ponies," Mythos says with confidence, as if he knew what he was talking out, a smile that could even get the colt to believe him perhaps. On what the colt said on how he got his cutie mark Mythos eyes grew wide in suprise as he says, "now you are a lucky one, few young ponies are able to get out of the Everfree safely without harm after having wandered in."

Mythos smiled at Guiding Light before offering, "while we what in line would you like to here how I got my cutie mark?"

Guiding Light smiled at Mythos's reply. The colt knew he was young and hoped that one day he would gain the confidence to do the things he wanted. Still, he wished that that confidence would arrive sooner than later. He could liken it to many of his classmates who wanted their cutie marks to appear.

"Well, I guess I was lucky then getting out of the Everfree Forest, and that I found my cutie mark out of it. But Yes, I'd like to hear how you got your mark, Mythos."

Before Mythos could respony Guiling Light let out a gasp. There standing in the crowd was none other than Princess Luna. He had only seen her and her sister, Princess Celestia, in passing in Ponyville. But never had he been so close to meeting one and at an occasion that wasn't announced like a party or a parade. Granny Smith suddenly shouted to let the Princess of the Night move to the front.

"Um... Mythos? i think we should let Princess luna go first."

The colt then bowed slightly as his parents taught him when a princess pased by, waiting to see what woulf happen next.

((I would color what Mythos says but I can't -confused-))

Mythos turned and saw Princess Luna, a very wide grin growning on his face as he says softly, "Well, now how wonderful is this, the chance of a life time."

He moved his hoof to straighten in mane and also fix up his suit a bit. Mythos believe he couldn't get any luckier then this, as a secret goal of his was to have the chance to meet up with the princesses Celestia and Luna... to gain their story the one thing history was mostly silent on.

Turning to Guiding Light he says thinking up a plan, "it seems my story will need to wait, another I might be able to get... how would you like helping me gain something I have been seeking?"

Mythos watch as Luna got closer, a pleasent shiver moving through the stallion in his excitment as he looked over midnight coat, starry mane and tail, and briefly over to her moon based cutie mark before looking to her face as he bowed respectfully and moved to the side.

GrannySmith1WithText.png

As Granny Smith stood in the front of the line trying to get more ponies to step aside for Princess Luna, she and Apple Strudel heard the words Opal said to them.

"My Applejack gave ya THAT kinda deal?" the elderly mare asked in astonishment, "I'm gonna have ta ask her bout that first chance I git!"

"Dat is shocking!" added Uncle Apple Strudel, who was still bowed but was also curious about what Opal had said.

"C'mon, ya young whippersnappers! Move over to let a Princess through!" Granny shouted, hoping those in line who hadn't yielded their place would do so without the gray maned mare resorting to FORCE! Granny remembered how she donned an Army helmet to 'order' her zap apple glass jars into submission. She was prepared to go to that extreme if she had to for Princess Luna.

Harrington had been idling in line as he waited, looking around at Sweet Apple Acres. He noticed the old mare, Granny Smith, he heard somepony mention, started shouting and giving out glares at some point during his wait. He looked at her with a perplexed expression, wondering what it was that he or anypony else in line was doing to upset her. That was, until he turned around and saw a pair of guards towing a cart as they followed Princess Luna.

Oh, it's Princess Luna...

"Princess Luna!?" he shouted in astonishment upon the realization of what was going on. "And...she brought guards with her..."

I hope they don't recognize me...or bother me for that little trouble between us...were they even there? Did they ever hear word? I hope the Princess doesn't remember. Or if she does...that I don't get some kind of retroactive punishment...

He shook as he saw other ponies taking note and paying their respects. He did the same as he bowed before the Princess of the Night, rattling nervously as several thoughts rushed through his mind about Luna, her guards and the fear of what they would have to say to him. Or do to him.

ajbanner.png

Applejack stared. The whole time Bon Bon was ranting, all the country mare could do is wide her eyes to look of a tall dark blue alicorn walking up to the back of the line. She stood still in shock, as Bon Bon chased after a bit. Applejack looked back at the slight chaos, and wondered where Apple Bloom went. She whispered loudly, "Abby! Where are you?"

Applejack turned back to see Bon Bon, now realizing Luna's presence, and asking Applejack for a favor. What a time for favors. "Um, sure, I guess. What do you need?"

((At the bottom of your next post, write "(luna cut)" if your character is going to let Luna cut in front of them, even if she is not directly behind you.))

77 Kisses left!

Next up

24. Bon Bon

25. Electric Vibe

26. Guiding Light (Luna cut)

27. Mythos Gray (Luna cut)

28. Harrington Sleuth

29. Carrot Cake/Pumpkin Cake

30. Inkwell

31. Pinkie Pie :smirk:

32. Parhelion

33. Princess Luna

34. Star Storm (Luna cut)

35. Master Mustang (Luna cut)

(If the line order is incorrect, please tell me in PM)

On hold:

Survey (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Savory Spell (inactive - PM me when ready)

Problems and rules log (please review):

-Princess Luna is a pony of royalty. Any pony in line who wants to recognize her and let her cut in front of them is allowed to. Every player is responsible for their character. The line order applies to the princess too, but if characters want to change positions in line, that is allowed.

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice.

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

Kissed

1-10

1. Carrot Fields :smug:

2. Reno Golucky :smug:

3. Lore Weaver :smug:

4. Dunder Blust :?

5. Gentle Sol applebloom01byzutheskun.png

6. Flam watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

7. Starburst :?

8. Astral :smug:

9. Flim watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

10. Silverbolt :smug:

11-20

11. Klondike :smug:

12. Lyra Heartstrings :smug:

13. Donut "Pony" Joe :smug:

14. Rarity ajscreen.png

15. Pigpen :smug:

16. Cherry Jubilee :?

17. Misty Morning :smug:

18. Pathfinder :?

19. Earth Writer :smug:

20. Thorn :smug:

21-30

21. Metal Maker :smug:

22. Twilight Shine :smug:

23. Opal Shards :smug:

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Light was happy that mythos had agreed to also let Princess Luna pass. It was a chance in a lifetime to even see a princess. And if she spoke to Light, even a passing "hello" well that would be icing on the cupcake. He often wondered what it was like being a princess, having all that magical power and royal authority. Of course this was impossible for Light as he was just a unicorn and definitely not royalty. Of course he'd also not be considered a princess either. But Prince Guiding Light.... that had a nice ring to it.

Light was quickly shaken out of his daydream when Mythos asked Light if he could help the dignified looking stallion.

"Oh.um... how can I help you?"

Pinkie yawned, setting her pink hoof to her open mouth. Lines were so boring. She looked up. Clouds. She sniffed. Smell of apples. She looked around. Ponies happily chit-chatting away. She still wasn't even sure why she was standing in line. She crossed her arms, flicking her curly pink tail idly. Her nose twitched, then her ear. Both ears. Royalty was ahoof!

Pinkie did a double-take, waving to Luna. "Oooh lookie! It's Nightma...Luna!" She waved, trotting over to the Princess.. "Is Applejack in trouble, Princess?! That situation with the tub of chocolate and the griffon feathers was my idea! IT WAS MY FAULT!" Pinkie eyed Luna's guards wearily. She held up her hooves, her eyes closed tightly. "Arrest me! Applejack had nothing to do with that!"

Light was happy that mythos had agreed to also let Princess Luna pass. It was a chance in a lifetime to even see a princess. And if she spoke to Light, even a passing "hello" well that would be icing on the cupcake. He often wondered what it was like being a princess, having all that magical power and royal authority. Of course this was impossible for Light as he was just a unicorn and definitely not royalty. Of course he'd also not be considered a princess either. But Prince Guiding Light.... that had a nice ring to it.

Light was quickly shaken out of his daydream when Mythos asked Light if he could help the dignified looking stallion.

"Oh.um... how can I help you?"

"Your going to help me... have the chance of meeting with the princess after we are all done in line," Mythos says with his great confidence, giving a small chuckle as he smiled at the young colt before then better explaining his plan, "the way your going to help is I want you to give Princess Luna a small note for me, the reasoning being is as a foal you would be more likely to get past the guards and gain the interest of the princess."

(Luna cut, just so it is official)

Electric was somewhat startled by the sudden commotion in the line, and she turned around to look behind her, only to find what everypony was talking about. Princess Luna was on line! Electric was astonished, as she had never really been in the presence of royalty before. Electric then watched as everypony was allowing her to cut in line. She thought about this quite carefully. Well, I'm already in line, and I'm second too. I don't think it would be very good. to let her cut me. But what if I get in trouble for doing so?! Electric stood there with conflict in her head, but she shakily stood her ground. She wanted to get home as soon as possible, so she turned back to face the front of the line, hoping that the Princess wouldn't acknowledge her if she did manage to end up behind her.

The line looks to be proceeding rather slowly especially with the arrival of Princess Luna, but Mustang is a very patient young stallion, as per his martial arts training. He stood with his tail swaying side-to-side. He looks at the pony (Star Storm) in front of him in line. "Nice weather today, is it not?" asks Mustang to her with a friendly smile.

(Luna cut)

There she goes again with the conspiracy theories and how we didn't do it. It makes me wonder if she really was behind some of it.

Harrington passively listened as he remained bowed before Luna and her accompanying guards. He didn't want to lift his head to say anything to Pinkie out of fear for her. He continued his hopes that the guards wouldn't be on him or recognize him. He continued to shake as the Princess approached the line.

(Luna cut)

[colour=#d2b48c]Inkwell had been satisfied with Pumpkin giving him a kiss. It would be good practice for when they'd both have to kiss Applejack! After that, he saw everypony else talking with each other, and so he kept himself busy sketching the ponyfolk in line. There was quite a bit of variety in the line, with a disgruntled looking pegasus, a scholar talking with a cute little colt, an earth pony behind him with an interesting martial arts uniform, and...

He gulped and rubbed his eyes to make sure his imagination wasn't playing tricks on him. As if he needed further verification, Granny Smith and her brother loudly announced that Princess Luna had graced them with her presence. Inkwell was so caught up in beholding her that he nearly missed the chance to bow with the rest of the line. It also looked like most of them were stepping back to let her majesty get in front of them. He moved out of line as well, only to see that the pony behind him had begun to panic and take the blame for some bizarre incident. "Uh, Pinkie," he said, moving behind her. "I don't think that's why she's here. I'm sure she just wants to get some apples like the... rest... of... us."

A thought occurred to him. If the princess was going to be buying enough apples, then she might also kiss Applejack as part of the deal! Seeing that was an opportunity that Inkwell knew he'd never get again, and he felt like he could scarcely contain his excitement. Not that he wanted to see the princess kiss Applejack or anything. It would just be an unusual sight that he'd be foolish not to draw... even if he never released that drawing to the public.

[Luna cut][/colour]

Star Storm turned back to face Master Mustang. "Sure is, dude! But more importantly.. Have you ever been THIS close to a princess before?! I sure haven't!" The blue little pegasus was sure excited by Luna's presence. She looked back at Mustang again, studying him. "So... Do you have a name mister or what?"

Light was intrigued by Mythos's plan about giving a letter to Princess Luna. It sounded interesting to meet her and help another pony out. Still, there were things that didn't sit well with him.

"Um... I'd be happy to help, but what exactly does the letter say and why aren't you able to give it to Princess Luna? It's nothing bad, is it?"

Brew scratches his neck and laughs. A slight blush crosses his face. "Excuse my poor manners, miss. I am Master Brew Highkick although most call me Master Mustang. I'm on a vacation from Fillydelphia." Brew says with a polite chuckle. "And no, I actually have never seen either of the princesses in my whole life untill today. Her majesty Luna is quite a sight, I must say." Brew comments. He looks at Star with a warm smile. "May I ask your name, mam?"

At some point, Pumpkin Cake had gotten restless inside of her foal carrier hanging from her father's back, so he let her down to play in the grass a bit as he waited for the line to move on. He didn't pay too much attention to Pinkie's antics during this time; over the years he'd learned to just not worry and let her do her own thing. As he watched Pumpkin play, Carrot Cake suddenly noticed somewhat of a commotion coming from the back of the line, then he heard Pinkie mention Luna, causing him to quickly jerk his head up and look towards the back of the line. Sure enough, there was the Princess of Night herself with various awestruck ponies stepping aside and bowing their head in reverence. "Oh my, it really is Princess Luna!" Carrot Cake said, following suit and as he quickly scooped Pumpkin up from the ground in his foreleg, stepped aside and bowed, making way for the princess.

[Luna cuts.]