[Sweet Apple Acres] 100 Country Kisses (Closed. NO Kisses Left)

Hippo

GrannySmith1WithText.png

"This here line sure is long," Granny Smith said with a smile. "This idear's better than I thought it was!"

"Ja, mein sister!" added Apple Strudel as the bearded stallion continued bringing bushels of apples up towards the stand. "But vee still have plenty of apples to sell! Dis bumper crop of apples vas very very big!"

"You're right about that, Strudel. Why, as I recollect, the last time we had a crop this big was the year after I got married, remember that?" the elderly mare asked.

"Dat vas long ago," Apple Strudel answered. "I tink I vas a vee foal at dat time. But vee did sell all dose apples somehow."

"Right Strudel, but I can't remember how we did it either. Oh well, maybe it'll come to me soon. Er, what was we talkin' about?"

ajbanner.png

Applejack winked at Bon Bon, who had finally snapped out of her daydream. "I'll be right with you, Sweetie."

She turned back to Opal. "Well, I'm Applejack, of course!" Applejack spoke proud as if it was crazy for anypony with a desire for fresh apples to not know who Applejack was. She must have been from out of town. "You wanna buy bulk?" Applejack twisted her face with displeasure. Why on earth would a pony want to buy fewer apples for a higher price. And she certainly wouldn't be getting a kiss if she didn't buy at least a bushel's worth, as per the rules. "Now why would you wanna do that? You know," Applejack smelled Opal's determination, "I'll give you the best deal I can offer. One bushel of this here type of apple for three bits." Applejack raised one of the apples, revealing that it was of the Golden Delicious variety. "But, you have to accept the deal in five seconds." Applejack winked and then intimidated with her countdown. "Five. Four. Three. Two."

((Updated lists change per inactivities and characters on standby. Please review.))

78 Kisses left!

Next up

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

25. Electric Vibe

26. Guiding Light

27. Mythos Gray <~

28. Harrington Sleuth

29. Carrot Cake/Pumpkin Cake

30. Inkwell

31. Pinkie Pie :smirk:

32. Parhelion

33. Star Storm

(If the line order is incorrect, please tell me in PM)

On hold:

Survey (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Savory Spell (inactive - PM me when ready)

Problems and rules log (please review):

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice.

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

Kissed

1-10

1. Carrot Fields :smug:

2. Reno Golucky :smug:

3. Lore Weaver :smug:

4. Dunder Blust :?

5. Gentle Sol applebloom01byzutheskun.png

6. Flam watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

7. Starburst :?

8. Astral :smug:

9. Flim watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

10. Silverbolt :smug:

11-20

11. Klondike :smug:

12. Lyra Heartstrings :smug:

13. Donut "Pony" Joe :smug:

14. Rarity ajscreen.png

15. Pigpen :smug:

16. Cherry Jubilee :?

17. Misty Morning :smug:

18. Pathfinder :?

19. Earth Writer :smug:

20. Thorn :smug:

21-30

21. Metal Maker :smug:

22. Twilight Shine :smug:

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Parhelion snorts. "Well, of course. What else would you drink at something like this? I know a lot of ponies say it doesn't go with everything but they. Are. Wrong." He eyes the smaller pegasus suspiciously. "Wait...how do you feel about, for example, peanut butter?"

Pinkie nodded, pleased that her diagnosis went over with so much agreement. She tugged her cupcake bandana politely and returned to her spot in the line. She still wasn't sure why there was a line, but it seemed like fun to stand in one. She glanced around, looking at the various baskets of apples -- green ones, red ones, yellow ones, and pink ones blushed with red. She gasped, cupping her hooves to her mouth and calling loudly over the shoulders of pretty much everypony:

"HEY APPLE FAMILY! YOU HAVE EVERY KIND OF APPLE EXCEPT CARAMEL APPLES! DID'JA FORGET THEM!?"

A grin spread across the little pony's face, small at first, but it quickly grew bigger, and bigger still. "YES!!!! Finally, somepony who understands!! Chocolate milk is like.. The greatest thing in all of Equestria! Umm.. I like peanut butter." She gave him an awkward halfsmile. "Just not as much as chocolate milk. I mean.. If somepony like, took a whole bunch of Celestia's hair, and like, made a gianormous, beautiful harp with it, it still just wouldn't be as radical as chocolate milk Ya know?"

Opal's smile didn't change in the slightest as she listened to the earth pony who turned out to be named Applejack. 'Shouldn't come as a surprise..' She thought to herself as her red eyes still observed the orange mare keenly. She couldn't help but notice that the farm pony didn't take too kindly to the idea of buying in bulk, and the pegasus sensed an opening. She would just have to wait for the right moment.

"I'll give you the best deal I can offer. One bushel of this here type of apple for three bits."

Before the mare could finish counting down, Opal Shards interjected: "My, what a gracious offer, Miss Applejack." She draped one of her forelegs around the earth pony mare's neck. Her smile widened noticeably. "But I'd rather have 10 bushels of those.." She turned with Applejack and pointed to a barrel of Granny Smith apples. "How much would that set me back, dear?" She asked sweetly.

GrannySmith1WithText.png

"Caramel apples?" Granny Smith neighed in stunned amazement at Pinkie Pie's question as she stood behind the apple stand. "Silly billie, caramel apples don't grow on trees, ain't that right, Strudel?"

"Ja!" the beard stallion added. "It vould be impossible for a tree to grow caramel apples. Not even dee magical zap apples can do dat. It vould be nice if vee could have vone of dose kind of trees dough. I vould bet dat DOSE apples vould sell like hotcakes!"

"Hotcakes? Ain't time fer breakfast, brother," Granny Smith said, shaking her head. "We ain't even had supper yet! If'n yur hungry, have an apple, but not too many. Don't wanna eat into our profit margin!"

"Danka, Granny," Apple Strudel said, humoring his older sister.

ajbanner.png

Applejack stood back as she tried to calculate in her head exactly what ten bushels would cost. That certainly was a lot of apples. And since she was given her a special price, Applejack would have to do the math. Not exactly her strongest skill set. "That would be, uh..." Applejack backed up and started trying to figure out in her head how she might be able to calculate it. She decided to give herself a mental meeting. "Uh, be right back!" Applejack ran over to the side where there a few scattered leaves on the ground. She picked them up one by one and put them in rows of three, making ten of them. Once she had them lined up, she counted them. "1, 2, 3..."

Math wasn't Applejack strongest deck of cards, though she wasn't stupid. She was just way more practical than she could ever muster technical. She knew the basics, and she even knew her times table. Just sometimes, she had to have visuals to aide her train of thought. "...28, 29." Applejack ran over to where Opal was waiting. "30! That'll be thirty bits!" Applejack smiled wide as if to beg for business. This line needed to move.

((Updated lists change per inactivities and characters on standby. Please review.))

78 Kisses left!

Next up

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

25. Electric Vibe

26. Guiding Light

27. Mythos Gray <~

28. Harrington Sleuth

30. Inkwell

32. Parhelion

33. Star Storm

On hold:

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

Kissed

1-10

11-20

14. Rarity ajscreen.png

21-30

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Parhelion shook his head to clear it. "Wow. Okay. Ponyville sure is...interesting. Anyway, Star Storm, I have to agree that chocolate milk is pretty awesome. And we'll definitely have a bunch there. Hey, if you have friends of family in town you'd be welcome to bring them, too."

Star shook her head. "I'll.. Probly just bring myself," she giggled. "But thanks, Parhelion!" Star glanced around the pony in front of her. The line was moving, but not as quickly as the impatient little filly would've liked. "So are you gonna kiss her?" Star was blunt. "I mean.. You said you wouldn't mind a kiss.. But does that mean you want one or what?" She also wasn't very quiet.

Parhelion pursed his lips thoughtfully. His parents had typically been direct and frank with him, he saw no reason to do differently with this filly. "Of course! She is pretty pretty," he said with a chuckle. "I mean, I wouldn't just walk up to her and ask for a kiss, but seeing as how this is a special occassion, you bet I'm looking forward to it." He worked to straighten his mane and took a moment to pop a couple of mints into his mouth before offering one to Star Storm. "Not that you need one, but I was taught it's polite to offer."

Mythos noticed in front of him now was a foal with yellow coat as well as a white mane and tail. He looked to the young colt's flank and saw a lantern with a lit flame. He smiled at this, impressed, and wondering what the foal's talent. Deciding he could strike up conversation as he waited for Miss Opal to finish and for hsi own turn be walks up next to the yellow pony and says, "Hello there, what might your name me? I, myself, am Mythos Gray."

Guiding Light saw move next to him a white stallion with a greay mane and tail, a calm smile on his face and his purple eyes lookingdown on the foal. He could see he was nicely dress, looking like one of those uptight Canterlot ponies if Guiding Light had ever met one though his words were not as such.

Guiding Light was surprised when a pony spoke to him. he knew as a colt many mares and stallions simply did not talk to him other that thoes he knew really well like his parents. the fact that he was shy didn't help things. But sure enough there was this white stallion dressed fancy.

"Oh... hello Mythos. I'm Guiding Light. I guess you're here for apples too."

Star accepted the mint with a goofy grin. "...To be honest, a mint's probly a good idea.." the little pony popped it into her mouth, playing with it with her tongue for a second.

Guiding Light was surprised when a pony spoke to him. he knew as a colt many mares and stallions simply did not talk to him other that thoes he knew really well like his parents. the fact that he was shy didn't help things. But sure enough there was this white stallion dressed fancy.

"Oh... hello Mythos. I'm Guiding Light. I guess you're here for apples too."

"Guiding Light, a strong name that suggests you could become a protecter of sorts to assist others on their own path," Mythos muses considering the name before asking with a smile, "if you do not mind, perhaps you could tell me how you gained you cutie mark young one." The stallion's interest in the foal was real, which might confuse the colt if adults haven't shown him much interest in the past, especially ones he had just met.

"On the apples yes, though I would have gotten them earlier but I grew distracted," Jonathon explained before adding with a chuckle, "though the free kiss is a nice addition to tasty apples."

The stallion took a great interest in the colt, something that few adults did. He even suggested something that never crossed Light's mind before. The stallion mentioned how Light's mark meant that he could be a leader, a protector of others guiding them on the path. He wondered if is name was one of those metaphor things that Ms. Cheerilee taught him in school, meaning something other than the literal meaning. Sure, he could make light, but maybe he was to literally be a light even in the dark times.

"Huh, I never though about that. Maybe I am a guide. I'm not really a good leader now. i'm kind of shy. As for my cutie mark, well I was coming home from a friend's house. It was night, and the clouds were blocking the moon, so I couldn't see really well. i guess I went the wrong way and got lost in the Everfree Forest. I though I'd never get out and how my friends and parents would miss me. Then suddenly my horn glowed and a ball of light appeared. I used it to guide me home, and when I returned, I found my mark appeared."

That certainly was a surprise. Opal Shards had to make an effort not to let on to her bafflement. This mare was just... standing by her word. Not that you wouldn't want that from a business mare. In fact, it was kind of an amiable trait, but this one, Applejack, she truly went one step beyond that. 10 bushels of apples for 30 bits.. It was literally a steal. And took the wind out of the white mare's sails.

But her smile barely flickered. There was more then one way to catch a mouse. She put one wing over the orange mare's shoulder while opening her saddlebag with the other wing, pulling a heavy looking, jingling bag out of it with her teeth, dropping it in front of Applejack with a dull thud.

"That should cover my debt if I'm not mistaken." She said, smiling down on the earth pony farmer underneath her wing. "But do count it first, dear. I'd hate if I accidentally paid too little..." She giggled quietly. "...especially since you made me such a great deal, Miss Applejack."

She held the orange mare next to her with gentle force, ready to let go should she seriously struggle. It was a bit of a gamble, but usually worth the trouble.

ajbanner.png

Applejack zipped out of Opal's wing embrace. "Count it? Nonsense! We can just use our trusty merch scales!" The honest pony grabbed the bag of bits and carried it over to the kissing booth. Applejack was smiling, almost like she was a little school filly that had just gotten her weekly allowance from Granny for workin' so hard on the farm. But she would not be buying candy with this, however. From underneath the booth, she pulled out a set of small scales, adorned with an ornament of a blindfolded pony holding its own set of scales. Indeed justice was blind. Applejack and Granny always used these scales to make sure orders in question were fair.

Applejack dumped the bits in one cup and measured the counterweights against it. As expected, it measured to thirty bits. Applejack walked back over to Opal and shouted towards Uncle Apple Strudel. "Hey Uncle, hold those ten bushels of Granny Smith apples for me would ya?"

Applejack was so happy. She always got an adrenaline rush from giving a good deal to a customer, even if it meant she was losing money. The fear of no profit and the excitement of haggling. It was addicting for her! "Well, Opal, those ten bushels of Granny Smith apples are all yours. Uncle Apples Strudel will make sure they are put to the side and not sold to anypony else." Applejack got real close to Opal, placing her right hoof on the pegasus' shoulders. Opal was taller than her, but Applejack knew no intimidation by the size of a customer. She was on top of the world now. "We thank you so much for your purchase, ma'am, and hope to see you soon when you need even more apples!" Applejack stood on her hind legs in order to match eye level with Opal. Leaning forward, the orange mare puckered and planted a kiss as far high on Opal's face as she could. She then fell from her rearing.

"Yeehaw! Ok, who's next?" Applejack galloped in place as she revved herself up for another sale.

77 Kisses left!

Next up

24. Bon Bon

25. Electric Vibe

26. Guiding Light

27. Mythos Gray <~

28. Harrington Sleuth

30. Inkwell

32. Parhelion

33. Star Storm

On hold:

Kissed

1-10

11-20

14. Rarity ajscreen.png

21-30

23. Opal Shards :smug:

BonBonPostBannerwithtext.jpg

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Bon Bon didn' think of herself as being such a hold-up. It wasn't in her nature, and not because she was Canterlot born and raised. Rather, she wasn't a jerk and she didn't much consider it necessarily a nice thing to just gawk at the farmer's apples for eons in a creepy fashion. Of course, she wasn't the only one who had done that and a part of her given over to silly thoughts entertained the possibility that the farmer was allowing apples to brainwash the customers. That seemed silly and as she watched Applejack go to the effort of kissing the tall pegasus who seemed to have more or less stolen the apples, she discarded the thought. It would have been a silly and stupid move for an enchantress to sell the mind-controlling apples, wouldn't it? It would. Plus, through experience with Applejack, Bon Bon had a sneaking suspicion that she couldn't even spell enchantress.

Bon Bon cracked a smile and bounded up to the counter, her cheeriness providing itself gamely as a mask. She was still upset about what had happened with Lyra and was ready for answers and knew that of all the ponies here, she was with the one who could provide some answers. Applejack was an honest pony and more than that, she was a dear friend and Bon Bon had no doubt the problems she had would be solved with her aid.

"Hey there, Applejack. It's been a while, hasn't it? How's the farm? These apples look just as good as the last time I was here. How's the family? I haven't seen Big Mac nor Granny Smith in some time. Are they okay? I know the little one is fine since she almost des-" Bon Bon began in a conversational tone just as Apple Bloom tossed her hooves in the air. Bon Bon's thought processes were taken for a loop.

"...My cart..."

More little apple hooves doing a zipper motion. Bon Bon shot the little one a queer look as she was befuddled for a second more. Then it dawned on her and her face grew conspiratorial.

"Oh, you haven't told her, I see. Well, I guess we'll just have to keep that a secret, yes?" Bon Bon offered sweetly, which just as in the physical realm of Bon Bon's sweet treats, Apple Bloom took quickly. She still knew her position was untenable and after shooting Applejack a completely guilty and embarrassed grin.

"Ah, uh, gotta go milk tha chikin's and keep tha cows in thar coop," She sent off frantically before turning, neighing, and galloping away.

"Well, she's a weird one. Anyhoof," Bon Bon leaned in and whispered, "I'll take one bushel, but I'm really here to ask you something. What happened with Lyra?"

Master Mustang's train just docked at the Ponyville station. He exists to see a good size but humble looking town. He looks around with a soft smile, his long ponytailed mane sways in the slight breeze. "So this is Ponyville? Quite the humble local, I must say." Mustang speaks softly in approval to himself. "I can see why they sent me here."

Master Mustang is on his first real vaction in a while. Back in Fillydelphia, some of his students felt that he spends too much time tending to the gym and the orphans, as noble as it may be. So, his top ranking students bought a train ticket and pooled some bits together in secret for their master. Thus, here he is now.

As he steps off the train platform, this large and rather strange banner catches his eye... 'Sweet Apple Acres First Annual Apple Kiss!' it exclaims in large artistic print. Mustang has heard of Sweet Apple Acres in his earlier travels. "Best place to buy apples in Equestria" many say. He looks at the advertisement confused. "Is there some kind of sale on apples? Hmmm... must be." he says scratching his head. Suddenly his eyes light up. "I got it! I'll get some apples for my students back home. They did say I can use these bits on whatever I want..." he chuckles. He can’t help but think of his students. They are everything to him.

He follows directions a local gave him and he arrives at Sweet Apple Acres. Mustang is impressed by the sheer size of the farm as well as how organized it is. The farm also is actually quite beautiful... all these apple trees seem to resonate with tranquility. This would be a great place to train… Mustang shakes his head from day dreaming and he notices a large line leading to a booth with a orange mare with blonde hair. Next to her are an elderly green mare and a little yellow red-haired filly.

Mustang takes his place in the line. Other ponies look at him strangely. His outfit is not your normal casual attire. He is still wearing his Tae-Kwon-Do uniform and his old worn black-belt with 4 gold stripes. The only normal part of his attire is his saddle bags. No worries though, everypony he met here yet has been very nice and has actually complemented on his attire. He just stands and smiles as he awaits the line to move forward. His medium length layered black tail swishes with anticipation.

• Like 1

"Okay, well.." Star Storm didn't want to tell Parhelion what exactly her actual life story was, but didn't show it. Star used to be an orphan, and has became little more than a drop out with a dream. (She plays the guitar and would like to learn to do it well) Her adopted dad was never really there for her, so sometimes she'd have to take things and tell fibs to get by. She wasn't proud of it, but a time like this seemed to call for a little truth-stretcher. "....Have you ever heard of Flukebox..? The musician?" She made the name up, which bought her a moment to think up an interesting history to give herself.. At least as far as Parhelion knew, anyway.

Princess Luna had a craving. A craving... for apples. There was absolutely nopony in Canterlot who had good, fresh apples. It was a city after all, not farm country, and so any produce there had had to travel a distance. Luna was used to having fresh fruits and vegetables, because a thousand years ago the location of the castle was in an area much like that of Ponyville. Here in Canterlot, there were no farms, no farmers. So today, on the recommendation of Celestia, she was headed to Ponyville to see one Miss Applejack about some delicious apples.

She had two guards with her, a cart in tow. After all, she couldn't be expected to carry them back herself. Not that she didn't have the strength, it was just... well, un-princess-like. She still had quite a few different ideas about what it meant to be a princess from her time away from Equestria.

At least she'd been practicing speaking what was considered normal, so things would be much less awkward than what had happened on Nightmare Night. Luna inwardly groaned at the thought. She'd been alive for thousands of years prior to the whole Nightmare thing, and seen the world and herself change a multitude of times. She should have known better than to assume that nothing would have changed just because she herself didn't.

What she hadn't expected was the line. It wasn't any sort of holiday where there was extra baking to be done and apples would be needed in large supply. Unless of course some kind of holiday had been created in her absence. Or perhaps there was some event, or festival... Either way, she was getting apples, today.

But she debated on how to go about it. Being that she was a princess, she could always cut to the front of the line. Then again, that would be completely rude to everypony else. On the other hoof, her status had to mean something, right? She couldn't really ask herself what Celestia would do, seeing as Celestia would be far too busy to go on such an errand herself and would send a servant, no doubt. But Luna had wanted to get some fresh air, meet some new ponies, be able to taste an apple right from the tree.

Luna had to focus! The tantalizing smell of apples was rampant in the air, tempting her to disregard everypony else and get a bushel. Or better yet, simply request to be let into the orchard where she could have her choice of the best the farm had to offer. Nopony would dare deny her...

But what Luna didn't realize was that she was just standing there, near what she hadn't realized was a kissing booth, absorbed in her own thoughts about apples and how to acquire them.

• Like 1

ajbanner.png

Applejack walked slowly back to the kissing booth. A short recovery was all she needed to revive herself from what seemed to her as a very successful sale and kiss. She breathed with a positive reflection.

At the booth, she saw that Bon Bon had retreated herself to the front of the line again, in front of Electric Vibe who was patiently waiting behind her. So many patient ponies. "Hey, Bon Bon! Did you figure out what you wan-" Bon Bon interrupted her with questions. Applejack tried to answer them on the fly. "Yes it has, um, its grea-, the family? Oh, Big Mac's, uh-, Yeah, they're f-, Abby?" Applejack was so confused as to what turned Bon Bon into a popcorn question machine. She yammered about Apple Bloom and some nonsense. "Uh, no. She hasn't told me. Told me about what?"

Apple Bloom was acting strange. More strange than Applejack was used to. If there was anything she could read out of her sister it was when she was hiding something. Milk the chickens? She was clearly hiding something.

The subject changed to apples. What a great subject. "Apples? You got it! That'll be five bits!" Applejack grabbed a bushel of apples and started tugging it towards Bon Bon as she asked yet another question. "Wha- Lyra? Oh she bought some apples too, and uh, she also got a kiss from me." Applejack smiled. "But because she was wearing all those heavy duds, she fainted from the heat from the sun." Applejack reflected positive and spoke happily. She then paused for a concerned frown. "You aren't mad are ya? I mean, I know ya'll are like, pony friends forever and stuff, uh, but Lyra and I aren't as uh," Applejack struggled to find the words, "as close as you are to her." Applejack swallowed nervously and smiled to prevent Bon Bon from getting into a rage. She knew from sales pitches involving her and Apple Bloom in the past that she was a hard pony to please.

((Luna concept. Please review.))

77 Kisses left!

Next up

24. Bon Bon

25. Electric Vibe

26. Guiding Light

27. Mythos Gray <~

28. Harrington Sleuth

30. Inkwell

32. Parhelion

33. Star Storm

34. Master Mustang

35. Princess Luna

On hold:

-Princess Luna is a pony of royalty. Any pony in line who wants to recognize her and let her cut in front of them is allowed to. However, you are not required to let Luna cut. Every player is responsible for their character. The line order applies to the princess too, but if characters want to change positions in line, that is allowed.

Kissed

1-10

11-20

14. Rarity ajscreen.png

21-30

23. Opal Shards :smug: