What kind of Pony are You?

SilverThorn

Why not? Have you seen what the non-unicorns do? Especially in "sonic rainboom". We see actual pegasus scientists!

Not to mention all the beautiful trim and buildings in ponyville. Such craftsmanship must require a delicate touch, and I doubt they bring in a unicorn for all that stuff.

But yeah, sounds way harder.

I imagine that the holding of multiple test tubes and flasks make it easier for unicorns to do science. Also... were those scientists in Sonic Rainboom? They looked like average workers to me that had to wear sanitary clothes to not contaminate the weather elements. But that doesn't make them scientists. The only person we see doing real science is Twilight in various instances, like in Feeling Pinkie Keen and Griffon the Brush Off.

I imagine that the holding of multiple test tubes and flasks make it easier for unicorns to do science. Also... were those scientists in Sonic Rainboom? They looked like average workers to me that had to wear sanitary clothes to not contaminate the weather elements. But that doesn't make them scientists. The only person we see doing real science is Twilight in various instances, like in Feeling Pinkie Keen and Griffon the Brush Off.

From that episode regarding snowflakes: "...each one is hoof made. As you can see, it is a delicate operation..."

That quote alone speaks volumes about their tactile abilities.

From that episode regarding snowflakes: "...each one is hoof made. As you can see, it is a delicate operation..."

That quote alone speaks volumes about their tactile abilities.

It could be in tune with their weather manipulation abilities. Or it could have nothing to do with tactile ability, but rather a special ability for Pegasii. But... we'll likely never know what goes into making a snowflake in Equestria.

I stand by my statement that having a horn and magic lends to easier science.

I agree. But it seems far fetched that a thinking profession is completely impossible for the other types.

Never said it was completely impossible... just "hard." Which is why I chose unicorn because science is easier with it. Half of science is knowledge anyway. Also, there is proof of sorts that ponies other than unicorns do science in that physicians and nurses have been shown to be earth ponies in Ponyville (other than that one in Read it and Weep). And last I checked medicine requires science.

I asked if it was possible because at the time, and even still, I can't think of a way to do everything necessary in science without the aide of levitation for certain things. Perhaps there is a way... I don't know. Again... earth pony doctors would suggest that, but I'd imagine that its harder. There are also sciences that don't need intricacies (but that is not my field :P)

As much as I would love it to be Pegasus, it'd likely be Earth Pony. I'm more grounded in reality and more of the type to use brawn then brains or grace.

You know... Weesh and I JUST had that conversation... Races don't dictate intelligence or personality traits. Earth ponies have a special connection to the earth, and possibly better physical strength. However that does not discount the number of earth pony doctors, vets, nurses, architects and other professions that require things other than brawn. Special talent is special talent. I can't use a human example without seeming racist, so I'll refrain. But you know what? Just saying that should create the perfect parallel if you think about it. "You can't be [insert profession here] because you're [insert race here]" just doesn't work. It doesn't work in our world, and I'm sure it doesn't work in Equestria either.

Heck... On that vein... You'd think that Fluttershy, a Pegasus pony, wouldn't be able to have connection to land based creatures, as that seems like a trait an earth pony would have, but she probably has a better connection than most earth ponies.

I think there are a few limitations for jobs, but not many. Like a non-pegasus couldn't be a weather pony, and a non-unicorn couldn't be a sorcerer. But that's like 2 jobs out of thousands.

Those are also jobs based on special, nontransferable abilities.

Also... Pinkie Pie is a gypsy that practices witchcraft. So... yeah... You can ask Rosewind.

• Like 1

I'd like to be a zebra. Zebras have a special meaning to me.

Otherwise I don't know what I'll be, as I don't really know what traits and qualities decide which type of pony you'll be. If I'm a pony, I guess I'll be a unicorn, because apparently brainy ponies are unicorns :D But yeah, zebra !

• 6 months later...

I would definetely be a pegasus. My head is always up in the air, I long to fly since I was small and I would probably have a special talent to something intelligence related. You could argue I could be a unicorn and my talent would be something more pegasus-related, but I am pretty happy with myself in real life, but as unicorn I wouldn't be happy, I would be jealous - so yeah, definetely pegasus.

• 1 month later...

I'd be a unicorn because I am extremely physically weak (Earth Pony) and not fast at all. (Pegasus) Most of my interests are rather... brainy, if you will. I also would prefer having magic to make using a pencil easier, since I'm really into art and writing. And I've always been into magic and witches and sorceresses. That sort of thing. Always wanted to be one. In video games, mages are always my favorite characters. I think my personality just fits one in general. I'm kind of prissy and not really into getting down and dirty. I have strength like a toothpick. And most people seem to think that I'm very intelligent. (Not that other pony types are dumber than unicorns or anything. They just seem like the more nerdy type.)

My avatar shows exactly what I'd look like as a pony, really. It's based heavily on my actual appearance.

I'd love to be a pegasus. I love flying and adrenaline rushes, and racing. Hay, I even help keep flying things in the air! Most people tell me I'm pretty bright, but that doesn't mean anything as far as me being a pony is concerned. To be honest though, I wouldn't be surprised if I was turned into an Earth-pony. For some reason, I just feel like that would be more fitting. Absolutely no magic for me though. I'd probably get into trouble with a unicorn's abilities. Maybe. I'd be very surprised if I became a unicorn.

Overall, I'd have to say I'd be an earth-pony.

Pegasus. I have always wanted to fly. But not like in an airplane because I have already done that, but LEGITIMATELY fly with wings or some sort of ability to fly. I love to run and so far I'm the fastest or one of the fastest runners of the girls in my class, (shuttle run record: 9.5 seconds). I'm also one of the shortest people in my entire class. They try to say they're so tall? Heh, I'll fly above their heads! :lol::blush: