Brony Pet Peeves?

QuickLime

Also, Bronies who go "I like MLP since G1 so *raspberry*" Good for you, if your a girl and your in the right age-bracket, that's not suprising... if your a guy, meh, good for you, I dont care, 99.9% of the discussion about MLP today revolves around G4 (discounting Mythology Gags) so it just bugs me when they want to rub in my face how long they've liked the franchise - it's irrelevant!

Actually, and extremely unfortunately, us G1 fans are constantly ridiculed by FiM fans. Somehow G1 has less merit just because it's more "girly" in their eyes (even though if they actually watched the show they'd notice it had more villains than FiM does, ponies are kidnapped and turned into slaves, etc.) which is the epitome of hypocrisy, since FiM is awfully girly in its own right.

So I believe that G1 fans announce their like of the old show as retaliation against "bronies". In fact, look what you said--"99.9% revolves around FiM"--no, it doesn't. G1 still has a very strong fanbase, if you look in the right places. It's a shame that FiM fans shun G1 fans and vice versa. (but I can understand where the G1 fans come from, I was ridiculed often on the previous pony forum I visited, just for mentioning G1)

Well back when I first joined the fandom I was told that the "Show wasn't for me because I was a girl" and that "Only men Like MLP" ><

People told me that as well. There's an impression that it's only for perverted, pedophelic teenage boys. No. It's not. Nor is it exclusively for girls because there is a large amount of pinkness.

You are not random just because you like PIE

Nope, Your Soarin! :P

Actually, and extremely unfortunately, us G1 fans are constantly ridiculed by FiM fans. Somehow G1 has less merit just because it's more "girly" in their eyes (even though if they actually watched the show they'd notice it had more villains than FiM does, ponies are kidnapped and turned into slaves, etc.) which is the epitome of hypocrisy, since FiM is awfully girly in its own right.

So I believe that G1 fans announce their like of the old show as retaliation against "bronies". In fact, look what you said--"99.9% revolves around FiM"--no, it doesn't. G1 still has a very strong fanbase, if you look in the right places. It's a shame that FiM fans shun G1 fans and vice versa. (but I can understand where the G1 fans come from, I was ridiculed often on the previous pony forum I visited, just for mentioning G1)

Yeah there is no need to get so nasty to past gens! Without them MLP FIM wouldn't BE here

It's not about their liking past Gens, it's their trying to rub our muzzles in the fact they did, essentially the "I liked it before it was cool!" philosophy so they're automatically so much better than us G4 fans...

Also for note, I never watched G1 (really didnt like the style, and the descriptors of "It's about ponies who have endless tea parties and defeat enimies by sharing or crying") Though I've seen some references to it on TVTropes and iirc they did have some kick-flank villains

• Like 1

Deciding ponies are related based on matching color schemes when we haven't even seen them interacting on the show. *glares at dinky hooves*

Also, i am a fan of all generations, at the time of each generation (in that I bought merch when it was in stores for every single generation), except 3.5 which I consider an abomination...but beyond that 3.5 is why I STOPPED collecting ponies for a time being, so I feel I get a pass on at one. I like the character colors and cutie mark designs best from g1, although g3 dfinitely had its moments, and g2 had clever clover....and the show and characters best from FIM.

My love of g1 will probably never be eclipsed by friendship is magic, though. It's just too deeply rooted in nostalgia and simpler times.

• Like 1

It also bothers me when people rant ON and ON about how they hate the song "Smile"...

Really? I've never heard that before, but then again I haven't been around very long. Personal opinion is something that should be accepted, but if they are constantly bringing it up, you're right. Any points they make in particular stand out? Because I personally like the song.

Things that tick me off about MLP fandoms.

• Excessive shipping.

Fluttersparkle

Appledash

Dashfire

Flutterdash

Raryjack

Pinkieshy

Pinkieflutterdashshy- GAAAAHHH!!!!

• Sexualization of underage ponies.

This goes without saying, If you draw anything like this, then you will be dining with Adolf Hitler

In Hell.

• KYM hoarding

You know Know Your Meme, right? Well, that website is filled with MLP memes. And half of them aren't even legit memes.

• Sweet Apple Massacre

Who ever wrote this needs serious help.

That's it, for now.

Really? I've never heard that before, but then again I haven't been around very long. Personal opinion is something that should be accepted, but if they are constantly bringing it up, you're right. Any points they make in particular stand out? Because I personally like the song.

That it's too cheerful, or that its annoying, or that it's played way too much. News Flash: Its ponies! Cheerful is the goal!

Some things that kinda bug me are:

Hate toward Gilda... Okay, maybe you're kind of supposed to seeing as she's an antagonist, but come on, she's awesome. :kissy: All the hate just makes me sad. :sad:

Flutterdash shipping. Especially if the only reason someone can give to support it is that they knew each other as children; I kind of have to roll my eyes at that. I mostly just think it's far more popular than it rightly should be.

Phil, the only reason you dislike the flutterdash shipping so strongly is because you wish Dash and Rarity were a couple...

Not entirely true.

Sure, that's part of it, but really just part. I don't have anything against a lot of other non-RariDash pairings involving Dash and Rarity after all. I actually rather love TwiDash and RariJack, for example.

I just find Flutterdash overdone, and often not supported with strong enough reasons to warrant just how popular it seems.

Sexualization of underage ponies.

This goes without saying, If you draw anything like this, then you will be dining with Adolf Hitler In Hell.

To me it depends on how it's done, if it's tasteful, then it's cute - it's the foals "pretending to be adults" but when it is 100% sexual... yeah, that can come off quite wrong at times

To expand, though, it's not just Ponies, there is plenty "cubby" art in all fandoms....