Andrew W.K. joins the herd

kunio18

I love Andrew W.K ever since he released party hard years ago and now that he has come out as an awesome brony and is going to a few conventions this summer, even more epic win !

He talks about he much he loves Pinkie Pie and what a role model she is for him for the party shenanigans life style, he gives alot of inspirational words towards us and he gives his opinions on the haters

be warned it does have a cuss at the end, ! so sorry about that

worth a watch if your a fan of this chap.

You have no idea how okay I am with this. I was actually considering making a FB account (gasp!) when the first post hit EQD just so I could follow him and love him <3

Not only does he make some freaking HEAVY music *ahem* sorry about that... I'm a bit of a metalhead. But he's a freaking SWEETHEART! Everything he stands for is why I love Pinkie Pie as best pony:

Live life to the fullest

Do what makes you and others happy

Enjoy yourself

Don't let others bring you down.

PARTY! (I'm not big on parties myself, but I support them!)

Despite all the crazy sh---stuff he's done both on and off stage and how extreme he can be, he's genuine and honest and definitely has the next generation attitude about gender roles.

Did I mention he's a sweetheart?! <3 <3 <3

• Like 1

Who is Andrew W.K.?

:-o ! you never heard of him... he was an up coming heavy metal rock party well good dude many years ago and then he went quiet for a long while,

now i recon he will be back with the bronies now to boost his career further more, im okay with this though because his awesome !

you never heard his songs party hard or she is beautiful ?

Who is Andrew W.K.?

Andrew W.K. is a heavy metal / hard rock musician and vocal artist. After his music tours he went into a career in motivational speaking and he's been on several TV shows. He hosted "destroy build destroy" on cartoon network (kinda a bad show to be honest, but not his fault). He was featured on Aqua Teen Hunger Force TWICE (one episode and the movie), and he's been on Fox news and a few other places.

Have a video

and another

• Like 1

So we've already got Tara Strong, John De Lancie, Gabe Newell, Commander Sheppard, Anthony Bourdane (sorta), Steven Colbert (also sorta), Deadmau5 (for like, a day), and now Andrew W.K is going full brony!

I think all we're missing now is Batman and we'll be able to take on Dark Side AND Dr. Doom!

I mean... we've got like some of the coolest people ever behind us! This was a good day, I think I'm gana go out and buy another Andrew W.K. CD later as tribute.

I've always found Andrew WK and his music to be amusing. I'm honestly not surprised to hear he'd become a brony. It seems to fit pretty good.

And between the above video and this interview, he seems like a really cool guy to have onboard supporting the show. :)

Also I'm pretty sure he's seen that flash.

Wouldnt surprise me :/ He probly thinks its hilarious though. I mean I hated it at first and then after being forced to watch it a few times I started to laugh. He seems like the kinda guy that can find humor in anything and his already ridiculously upbeat song about killing and dying added to that video does give it a silliness factor.

I had no idea Andrew W. K. was a brony; now I can somewhat stand that horrible Destroy Build Destroy show!

Naw, the show will always be horrible and a bad idea. Andrew atleast made it somewhat entertaining with all his screaming. But the premise was just pretty stupid. It was basically Cartoon network trying to copy Mythbusters.

Is it even on anymore?

Nope and honestly, if networks were smart, they would try to find another Bill Nye, Mr Wizard or Beakman! I was lucky enough to fall kind of oddly in the middle of all three. I caught the end of Mr Wizard, and basically grew up with Bill Nye and Beakman. Oh how those shows lead me down the path into science.

But yeah... Shows like Destoy Build Destroy are just... bad. I couldn't watch 10 minutes of it. Mythbusters is the closest to a fun science educational show that we have right now in my opinion, that motivates kids to learn. The only problem is that they don't follow scientific method entirely and they only do so much technical teaching.

• Like 2

Nope and honestly, if networks were smart, they would try to find another Bill Nye, Mr Wizard or Beakman! I was lucky enough to fall kind of oddly in the middle of all three. I caught the end of Mr Wizard, and basically grew up with Bill Nye and Beakman. Oh how those shows lead me down the path into science.

But yeah... Shows like Destoy Build Destroy are just... bad. I couldn't watch 10 minutes of it. Mythbusters is the closest to a fun science educational show that we have right now in my opinion, that motivates kids to learn. The only problem is that they don't follow scientific method entirely and they only do so much technical teaching.

This! I grew up with Mr Wizard, Bill Nye, and Beakman too! They sparked my curiosity for science in the kitchen, and made me the pastry mare I am today!

I think Cartoon Network should stick with cartoons, and if they want to make a channel that offers live-action programming to tweens, they should make a sister channel (a la Boomerang). I rarely watch any television. I can't stand it. Except for that one cartoon on the Hub about ponies...what's it called again?

I agree, but the new shows on Cartoon Network are mostly bad. The only two okay shows are Adventure Time and Regular Show. I rarely watch them or TV for that matter, but I like the background noise when I'm on my computer :smug:

tumblr_lkhmzg4oKC1qhejp9o1_500.png

I agree, but the new shows on Cartoon Network are mostly bad. The only two okay shows are Adventure Time and Regular Show. I rarely watch them or TV for that matter, but I like the background noise when I'm on my computer :smug:

Huh, I thought I was the only one who did that.

Also, I think the three shows Swirly and Rosewind mentioned were a bit before my time, what were they about?

{I know I could just google it, but this is a far more interesting way!}

P.S. It pleases me greatly that a very talented Metal Singer has joined the Herd AND is going to be a special guest speaker for one of our great gaterings...

Also, I think the three shows Swirly and Rosewind mentioned were a bit before my time, what were they about?

They were all educational children's shows that sought to teach kids about and get kids interested in science while also entertaining them. They basically consisted of cool experiments, interesting scientific facts and enough fun stuff to balance it out.

Mr. Wizard was a classic show that originally aired from 1951-1972 and was then later reworked and modernized to air on Nickelodeon from 1983-1990; I was a little too young when the Nickelodeon revival was on, so I don't think I ever watched it. Beakman's World ran on TLC and in national syndication from 1992-1997. Bill Nye The Science Guy was on PBS and aired 1993-1998, and while I remember some of Beakman too, it's the one I personally have the most fond memories of watching as a kid.