Slender

slender.jpg

this is a psychological horror game that is based off the urban legend of Slender Man. this game sets you in a fenced wooden area, and you have to find eight various note, scattered around the wood, each with pictures on them warning you of the Slender man, everytime you obtain a note, the Slender Man gets closer to getting you. While you are collecting this notes, you are recording them with a camera. but dont look behind you, because everytime you look, the slender man will disrupt you camera's imaging and causes it to get snowy. look at him long enough you will get taken from the slender man. the game itself is short, but it is a short game you'll never forget.

Actually, from my understanding, Slendy spawns in a random part of the forest, and will get closer to you every time you turn more than 10 degrees at once. Because you HAVE to make sharp turns constantly to navigate through the woods, good ol' spaghetti arms will slowly close the gap. The goal is to get all of the pages before he manages to get right behind you.

Also, just becuase he's made it to the player doesn't mean the player has lost the game. it just means that if you turn in any direction AT ALL, you lose immediatly, effectively making the game impossible if you still have a number of pages to find.

You lose by looking at slendy. The farther away he is, the longer you have to have stared at him for. If he's right behind you, it should only take a glance to trigger the especially creepy lose animation and close the browser.

If you have no idea what the entity known as Slenderman is, click the following link for the wiki page.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=slender%20man&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CGQQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftheslenderman.wikia.com%2Fwiki%2FSlender_Man&ei=LrUNUKrHMuTr0gGE98nMAw&usg=AFQjCNFg_pBU9QcBocpqDykIxoU54HmbOw

My knowledge of the game:

DONT LOOK INTO HIS EYES!!! DONT STAND STILL!!! DONT LOOK BEHIND YOU!!!

But i suspect that he constantly follows you and the more pages you collect the faster he moves or something. :/ Perhaps the 10degree thing is right. Idk though :P

A few fun facts about Slender.

• The indie game was made popular after the famous YouTube star, PewDiePie, featured it on his channel.
  • The more pages you collect, the more frequently he appears.
  • The game is possible to beat, but extremely hard. Some gaming critics couldn't even review it, simply because they couldn't beat the game.
  • If you beat the game with all 8 pages, you will still get captured by Slender Man. But he will appear with his trademark tentacles
  • Also, if you beat the game, you will also unlock a daytime mode.
  • And if you complete the daytime mode, you will unlock a 20$ mode. A funny Easter egg, where whenever Slenderman gets near you. This song plays.

It is effective minimalist horror. Is it a product of a lack of resources or excellent design philosophy? Who knows, but appreciate them where you find them. It's going away piece by piece.

• 3 weeks later...

A good indy game, though how scary it is is blown out of proportion. The most I got scared was jumping when he appeared out of seemingly nowhere.

Sooo...its like: Cry of fear, SCP:CB and I'm afraid of monsters?

I really have no intrest playing it. I watched Criken play it and he rather unfairly died. Looks kinda boring aswell.

• 2 weeks later...

*crying face*

This. I almost broke my laptop when I collected 7/8 pages...and turned on ACCIDENT and he grabbed me.

In a nutshell:

My soul was taken from my body, thrust into the sky using a Hadouken. Slender then proceeded to grab my face and nom nom nom it until it was nothing but oatmeal. My laptop lurched from my lap and into the air, luckily I caught it, but I screamed at the pitch of a five-year old girl.

• 3 weeks later...