Impossible Challenges

korok132

I know some games are difficult, and there are ways to make easy games hard. Most notably, the Nuzlocke run for Pokemon. I won't go into details about the rules, but it definitely makes Pokemon more interesting.

These go beyond that.

These are the challenges where you just flat out cannot win.

Or can you?

WARNING: ATTEMPT THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES AT YOUR OWN RISK! I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED BY ATTEMPTING THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES, EMOTIONAL OR OTHERWISE!

In Kingdom Hearts 2, fight Sephiroth on Proud Mode using only the 100 Acre Woods keyblade. No items, no magic. Just your skill versus Sephiroth's.

Beat Borderlands using only the first two weapons you receive before reaching Fyrestone. Even though it's required by story quests to obtain, don't use your shield, don't use your grenades, don't use your action skill, and don't level up.

Complete the main Chrono Trigger story using only Crono. While it is impossible to get rid of the rest of your team, it is possible for them to stand there and do nothing. Make it so.

... that's all I got for now. Let me know any other insane challenges you folks have!

And remember: Do the impossible, see the invisible, row row fight the power.

Cross your hands in front of you, not just use the mouse with your off hand but physically cross your hands in front of you so you are slightly restricted and using the wrong hands.

I don't use a controller enough to suggest a comparable idea for that, though if anyone has a suggestion...

beating Ghosts and Goblins in one sitting. Have fun kids.

I'm pretty sure even the best of gamers have never come close to doing that.

Beat the Binding of Isaac without collecting any power-ups.

Beat a pokemon game without having any of your party pokemon faint. AT ALL. This is even more challenging in B&W2, when you play on challenge mode.

In Kingdom Hearts 2, fight Sephiroth on Proud Mode using only the 100 Acre Woods keyblade. No items, no magic. Just your skill versus Sephiroth's.

... Actually, I managed to do this. Bout two years ago, level 54, 36 hours in game. Granted, I had all my forms and summions up to 7, so I had all the bonus abilites. I saved my game before playing him, and challeneged him till i beat him no holds barred with every keyblade option. Took about two weeks... How I miss my childhood...

The ORIGINAL Kingdom Hearts is the real challenge mode...... specially on expert.

... Actually, I managed to do this. Bout two years ago, level 54, 36 hours in game. Granted, I had all my forms and summions up to 7, so I had all the bonus abilites. I saved my game before playing him, and challeneged him till i beat him no holds barred with every keyblade option. Took about two weeks... How I miss my childhood...

The ORIGINAL Kingdom Hearts is the real challenge mode...... specially on expert.

I was about to say...Sephiroth in KH2 is pretty easy no matter how you approach the fight. The first KH Sephiroth battle though...still one of my most proud gaming accomplishments to date.

Beat Fire Emblem, any of them, without losing a single character. Alternate challenge: Beat Fire Emblem, any of them, without save scumming (no do-overs if you lose a character).

Beat any of the following on a Dead Is Dead ruleset. The rules: hardest difficulty, no save scumming, and if you die, that's it. Game over, start a new character.

- Skyrim

- STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl or Call of Prypiat

- Fallout 3 or New Vegas

- Metro 2033

They're not impossible challenges, just really, really hard.

Beat Fire Emblem, any of them, without losing a single character. Alternate challenge: Beat Fire Emblem, any of them, without save scumming (no do-overs if you lose a character).

Beat any of the following on a Dead Is Dead ruleset. The rules: hardest difficulty, no save scumming, and if you die, that's it. Game over, start a new character.

- Skyrim

- STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl or Call of Prypiat

- Fallout 3 or New Vegas

- Metro 2033

They're not impossible challenges, just really, really hard.

Imposible would be beat a bullet hell (Like Ikaruga or the Touhou games) while using no power-ups.

... Actually, I managed to do this. Bout two years ago, level 54, 36 hours in game. Granted, I had all my forms and summons up to 7, so I had all the bonus abilities. I saved my game before playing him, and challenged him till i beat him no holds barred with every keyblade option. Took about two weeks... How I miss my childhood...

I was about to say...Sephiroth in KH2 is pretty easy no matter how you approach the fight. The first KH Sephiroth battle though...still one of my most proud gaming accomplishments to date.

ಠ_ಠ Are you kidding me? You're telling me that the KH1 Sephiroth was harder than the KH2 fight?

Explain something to me: How the deuce did I manage to beat KH1 Seph at age 11 or so using Oblivion but not KH2 Seph at age 18 using Ultima? That's just unfair!

Cross your hands in front of you, not just use the mouse with your off hand but physically cross your hands in front of you so you are slightly restricted and using the wrong hands.

I don't use a controller enough to suggest a comparable idea for that, though if anyone has a suggestion...

Uh, wow, that actually sounds pretty difficult... I'll have to try that some time...

Beat a pokemon game without having any of your party pokemon faint. AT ALL. This is even more challenging in B&W2, when you play on challenge mode.

They actually have a thing where they have a set of 'rules' to follow to make it really hard... if your pokemon faints (besides th first battle) you can never use that pokemon again and You can only capture one of each pokemon.... never tried it, never will.

Myst 3, fifth and final world, translating the drawings into digital designs on the walls.

I tried for hours, but the drawings had lines where there were not spaces on the wall to activate. I tried my best guesses, then my next best guesses then my next best guesses until I was angry at the game.

As long as I don't know what to do, I can stand it. But knowing what to do, and how to do it, and not being able was infuriating. It wasn't even a puzzle! It was just busy work! Ridiculously hard busy work! And it had to be 100% perfect!

But I'm not bitter.

Beat a pokemon game without having any of your party pokemon faint. AT ALL.

I tried a different self imposed rule: beat the game using only cute pokemon, and stop them from evolving (since they would be less cute). Very challenging to be sure, since they get huge stat boosts upon evolving, but they also get their more powerful moves earlier, so that helped a lot.

Well, try beating any console game by only using one hand on the controller. Say goodbye to two-handed multitasking, and say hello to frantic five-fingered button pushing. It really is interesting to do this. Pain to use the triggers, though...

• Like 1

Well, try beating any console game by only using one hand on the controller. Say goodbye to two-handed multitasking, and say hello to frantic five-fingered button pushing. It really is interesting to do this. Pain to use the triggers, though...

I tried playing Pikmin 2 multiplayer that way. However, my opponent had literally never held a GameCube controller before, so I won by a very small margin.