Official Discussion Thread - S04E18 Maud Pie

Speaking of Pinkie's mane, I don't know if anyone has noticed this yet, but during the scene when her mane deflated and she became heartbroken (14:39 to 14:42), did anyone think of the Ralph Wiggum scene in the Simpsons episode I Love Lisa (link) where Bart slowed down the video footage to pin point the exact moment the heart ripped in half?

"Watch this Lis, you can actually pinpoint the second when Pinkie Pie's heart rips in half. And.....now."

I just noticed this when I watched the episode again and slowed down the footage in Adobe Premiere Pro and synced the audio with the Simpsons segment.

Speaking of Pinkie's mane, I don't know if anyone has noticed this yet, but during the scene when her mane deflated and she became heartbroken (14:39 to 14:42)

that part almost made me cry poor pinkie... all the feels at that moment

I knew I would like Maud from the bits I saw of her before the ep, but she turned out being one of my favorite characters now. < < I would ttly RP her if I got the chance.

:-o

How could you? You... you monster!

134342719062.gif

Don't cry Pinkie Pie, I still love you!

In all seriousness though, I could easily see why she gets on people's nerves.

Get's on people's nerves? BLASPHEMY! Pinkie is hilarious. You can always expect her to do something so bizarre that makes you question reality itself. Just watch her and feel your brain melt from over stimulation of reality warping physics.

Get's on people's nerves? BLASPHEMY! Pinkie is hilarious. You can always expect her to do something so bizarre that makes you question reality itself. Just watch her and feel your brain melt from over stimulation of reality warping physics.

I personally love Pinkie Pie. She might even knock Applejack out of the #1 favorite spot if season four keeps up like this. But at the same time, I could still see why others dislike her. Especially when she's not written very well like in filli vanilli. Heck, Fluttershy's my least favorite but I understand why she's loved by a lot of people.

I found the episode rather enjoyable :)

I try really hard to avoid spoilers, so I don't even read the episode synopsis, just the title. I was pleasantly surprised with the character and, given she's related to Pinkie Pie, completely acceptable that her character be so out of left field. I'd imagine that's the reason Equestria hasn't imploded/exploded yet. Maud Pie is Pinkie Pie's counter balance :razz:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a little behind on these... just got a chance to watch this one. Now I've got three more new ones in front of me... woo hoo!!!!

I really liked this one even if the plot wasn't all that great. Maud is a great character and it's good to have a pony like her in the show. I just love the way she talks. The end part when Pinkie says that Maud 'is' excited was just really great. I also think Boulder was a rather cute. Overall this episode get a solid 7 rock candies out of 10!

Just got around to watching this one and the next today (hopefully will finish up the next two tonight after work)

What can I say... its one of those episodes that is good when taken in small doses. If maud were to become a regular character i'd find her annoying and grow to hate her, but as a one-off it was wonderful, and when you think about it, really made sense given the flashbacks pinkie's shown us about her time living on the farm. Dont think i'll watch it again anytime soon, but did enjoy it, even if it by far is NOT one of my favorites.

Archived