which pony would you pair you're character up with?

NemesisPon3

Hope this is the right thread. I was just curious if you bronies have a specific main or background character from the show that you would pair you're character up with.

Me for example If I had to pick any character that brightFire would be with. it would be Octavia.

Why? Because she is kinda like the type I search for in everyday life lol. a musician who takes pride in her work, her accent ( which Im taking from epic wub time ) plus I like her eye colour and mane.

Soooooooooo yeah :blush:

what about you guys and gals?

Hmm. None of my OCs are designed to pair with canon characters, as I really don't like the idea of canon/OC ships so much, but if I was to go through my log real quick...

Radiant Steel - Twilight Sparkle - Radiant has a bit of a fixation on unicorns and their magic; Like Twi, she's also quite socially awkward and in her own head; furthermore, she has a bit of fixation on Celestia and serving her, so I can really see her taking to the Princess' own student.

Hopesong - too young

Snowfall - Daring Do; or Rainbow Dash if Daring Do has to be fictional. - Reasons should be obvious when considering who she's paired with in the RP. Pathfinder is perfect for her, and of the cast ponies Dash is probably the closest she could find.

Damask Luster - Rarity - For Damask, Rarity would be a fellow romantic, somepony he could write songs about and sing to. Rarity might find him charming for it too.

Serendipity - Rarity - Seren is attracted to the big and the bold, so Rarity's louder, flashier moments would probably get her interested. Seren might also see Rarity as being on her level, with her looks and skill, and would thus respect her.

Lady Luck - Fluttershy - Lady has a fondness for cute, often finds herself in the wilderness and has a need for some moral guidance, yet is more likely to respond to sweet sincertiy than anything more aggressive. Fluttershy delivers on many points.

Midnight Brand - Big Macintosh - in her current place, Midnight is looking for stability more than anything else. Big Mac seems very stable.

Ardent Fate - too young

Starless Shroud - Gilda - to appeal to Starless, you have to be tough, fierce and a little cold. Gilda fits the bill well enough.

Spirit Flame - if not too young, too weird

Dazzle Dawn - Trixie - Dazzle wouldn't be attracted to anypony too "easy". She'd want somepony she has to work at and tear back the layers of to get to the goodness. Trixie would be pretty ideal for this, I think.

Arcana - Twilight Sparkle - nothing attracts Arcana like power, and Twilight has it. This might not work so easily though. It would probably start as something bitter and combative, and would only turn positive with a lot of work on Twilight's part.

Steel Dagger - Fleur de Lis - Dagger is the type to gravitate toward the most attractive mare in the room and just go after her, no questions asked.

Gray Lexis - kinda doubt he'd end up with any of them... too old and too insane

Verity Essence - Vinyl Scratch - Verity appreciates a cool vibe, and Vinyl is all about coolness. She also seems upbeat, but not so abrasive she'd get on Verity's nerves. I think it could work.

Sierra - i don't know; she might like Spike if he was older and maybe a little mature. Aren't a lot of options for dragons...

Vivid Flair - can't really see her paired with anypony. She's too much of a loner; she has too many walls around her.

Edit: added why each match made sense, for the curious

My OC Filly Trotman is certainly a hard character to pair.

For one thing, he wrote the Daring Do stories. That being the case, he'd be admired constantly by Rainbow Dash. However, despite RD being the main reason he went back to writing at the end of "Fortune & Glory", she's really quite a different character than him.

I could see a good comparison between him and Twilight Sparkle. After all, Twilight is a hard-working, intellectual individual who sticks to her work, tries her hardest and is quite the thinker herself. If anything, Trotman is a hard-working soul who simply is put down by the constant life obstacles that knock him over on his face. Does this sound like Twilight? Well, I can't judge.

Really, I believe Trotman may not have an appropriate pairing because he somewhat reflects the literature department that every aspiring writer doesn't want to cross: failure. This business aspect and ethic mindset could apply for him to be like Rarity. However, if I went for every similarity, I'd be at this for hours...xD

I suppose Rarity would be the best-suited pairing for Filly Trotman. Just comparable for their similar work mindsets, work ethics and values.

My OC, Skyworthy, is in charge of enchanting airships and other vessels and machines with protective wards and such. So I think I would pair him with Twilight.

They both love the field of magic, though Twilight encompasses all magic while Skyworthy is more niche.

I'd pair Balance with either Pinkie or Fluttershy (Andrea Libman FTW!) depending on what day he met them :P

I'd also put Pawn with Twilight, and Thyme with Braeburn.

I'm REALLY not thinking of shipping when I do this as I HATE the fanfics when someone's OC falls in love with one of the mane characters, "Sorry Rainbow Dash! But I can MARRY ALL OF YOU AND YOUR FRIENDs! KISS KISS!"

Let's see:

Fire Walker: While she's an professional solider type, she's also a closet-nerd who loves books and history. I could see her hanging around Twilight Sparkle at an nearby coffee shop and getting more than a few recommendations ala, "Ooh! You NEED to read this! And this...And this..And..."

Pocket Change: He's a bit of a low-life and would probably hit on any of the mane six...Maybe not Pinkie Pie. She'd probably scare him. :Pinkie::sad::wail::Pinkie:

Pocket Change: He's a bit of a low-life and would probably hit on any of the mane six...Maybe not Pinkie Pie. She'd probably scare him. :Pinkie::sad::wail::Pinkie:

Pocket Change is a boy? D: ah non, I drew him as a girl for you

Pocket Change is a boy? D: ah non, I drew him as a girl for you

He's usually a guy (Note the pic in my avatar thing..Which was drawn by the great pony comic strip artist MaxMaxx...BUT HE WAS CURSED into a gal in an RP . temporary thankfully. :scream: It's all CrescentBlaze's fault! Bad pony!

• Like 1

Okay this should be easy!

Rainy Splash-Rainbow Dash probably.They are just so much alike and they are just so cute together!Plus I made a shpific about it.Neon Bright-Oh this is a hard one!Hmmm party stallion.....Male Pinkie Pie?

Brown Lily-Okay either Fluttershy or Big Mac.

Dark Spark-I tried shipping him with Fluttershy an it worked pretty well but to tell the truth I think he would work with Twi!

White Winds-Probably the guy pony playing the piano or Shining Armor.

Whipping Winds-Is there a male Fluttershy?

Mental Health-??????

China-If it is canon that Breaburn is gay.If not then lets turn one of the flim flam brothers gay.

Thats all I can think of.Most of my striaght girls sooooo yeah.

I have a few that I'd like to list since they pertain to stories I might write.

Dusty Gunner and Applejack.

Gallient Lighte and Twilight Sparkle.

Silver Star and Rainbow Dash.

I refuse to say why, but each pair makes tons of sense to me. If I ever get around to writing anything, y'all will find out.