Season 3 Information Thread (Spoilers inside)

Makes me wonder if that's just a cover art thing or will that be a temporary or even permanent change to the six?

I'm sure it's just a temporary thing for some special Crystal Empire function or something. I don't think AJ could live very long without wearing her hat. :/

Interesting with the different mane and tail styles for the mane six. All have a different look!

Makes me wonder if that's just a cover art thing or will that be a temporary or even permanent change to the six?

You know they had different hairstyles for the Gala and wedding, and they weren't permanent.

That makes her pony version of Conan. Killing evil sorcerers before it was cool.

He didn't even do any wizard stuff. Just had a beard and a robe. No actual spellcasting! The only magic he made was the fantastic SPLAT he made at the bottom of that cliff. Geez, Featherfall is a first level spell man! :geek:

• Like 1

He didn't even do any wizard stuff. Just had a beard and a robe. No actual spellcasting! The only magic he made was the fantastic SPLAT he made at the bottom of that cliff.

If enslaving ponies to dig your jewels - and blinding them in the process - is not evil then I don't know what is. Besides, Mustrum Ridcully don't use magic often either isn't it?

Geez, Featherfall is a first level spell man! :geek:

He failed concentration check, obviously.

• Like 1

You know they had different hairstyles for the Gala and wedding, and they weren't permanent.

Hmm... now that you mention it, they were dressed up more for that, including mane and tail styling.

New sypnosis for the crystal empire episodes.

In Adventures in the Crystal Empire, a magical empire has suddenly appeared in the arctic north of Equestria, and PRINCESS CELESTIA needs TWILIGHT SPARKLE and her friends to find a way to protect it. While her friends try to keep the Crystal Ponies occupied at the Crystal Faire, TWILIGHT SPARKLE searches for the hidden Crystal Heart that is the key to keeping their empire safe from harm! - Shout Factory Press Release

So many theories destroyed! :mad: And so little answered, too!

Where does Cadence fit in all of this?! Her Cutie Mark is a crystal heart! She's on the cover! :evil: I WANT ANSWERS!

New sypnosis for the crystal empire episodes.

In Adventures in the Crystal Empire, a magical empire has suddenly appeared in the arctic north of Equestria, and PRINCESS CELESTIA needs TWILIGHT SPARKLE and her friends to find a way to protect it. While her friends try to keep the Crystal Ponies occupied at the Crystal Faire, TWILIGHT SPARKLE searches for the hidden Crystal Heart that is the key to keeping their empire safe from harm! - Shout Factory Press Release

Well...shot. And I had all these "Empire Strikes Back" puns and quotes ready.

So Cadance doesn't come from the Crystal Empire afterall. I'm kinda glad in a way; if the writers don't simply exile Cadance to some dead-end location to rule over, it'll still give her character the chance to be developed beyond just the standard 'pretty princess' stuff..... I hope. :|

I'm sure Cadance is still very much tied to the Crystal Empire in some way. The toys seem to indicate as much and she's on the cover of the DVD after all.

I am kind of surprise she didn't find her way into the synopsis of the episode though... :/

What if the "hidden Crystal Heart" is just a fancy way of saying Cadance?

That's right...... Cadance has a crystal heart cutie mark! But then why would Twilight need to search around for this Crystal Heart alone if it's actually Cadance?

That's right...... Cadance has a crystal heart cutie mark! But then why would Twilight need to search around for this Crystal Heart alone if it's actually Cadance?

If the "Crystal Heart" is supposed to defend this Crystal Kingdom from harm, and assuming it is Cadance, that brings up a very interesting question, as you said. Why would they need to search for her? Perhaps she doesn't want to be the ruler/defender of this kingdom because she may not get to see Shining Armor a whole lot. Maybe she feels she's not up to the task to defend it... We'll never know until it airs...

Eh, now that I think about, it'd probably take time for Twilight and Cadance to realize that the Princess is the Crystal Heart. Otherwise, the plot synopsis would just have outright said that Twilight needed Cadance. So no, I don't think Cadance will get captured again.....

I hope.

Ok. So we have the idea of Cadence losing her magic (would that also mean not being an alicorn?)

We have the idea of Crystal ponies needing to be preoccupied by a fair to search for a Crystal Heart.

We know Cadence has a Crystal Heart as a mark.

So my theory is this: Cadence becomes sick or weakened due to her depleating magic. Twilight and co. are summoned by Celestia to go to the newly appeared Crystal Empire and find the Crystal Heart. Twilight think it's an actual object and tries searching for it. Now the Crystal ponies might not want this heart found, thinking it would change their lives for the worse. Eventually Twilight finds that Cadence is the Crystal Heart and putting her back into the Empire will heal her.

Now you have that mysterious evil pony that was revealed. What if Cadence was raised in Canterlot as a filly by her aunt Celestia becuse she was too young to rule? A pony was put in her place to be a custodian to the throne but then usuped it. He tells the Crystal ponies that seeking iout the Crystal Heart will bring doom to their lives. So the citizens need to be distracted while Twilight sorts things out.

Here is what I found out about the Crystal Empire.

• It explains Princess Cadence's crystal cutie-mark, and why she's called a princess
  • Princess Cadence and Shining Armor will be leading it together
  • It will somehow explain for the recent "Crystal pony" toy line
  • It has a huge stadium.
  • Their guard armor is loosely based on IRL's Roman Legionaries. *cough*Diomedes*cough*
  • It features Crystal Berries
  • It is located in the far north, where the "Badlands" are. In the board canon map
  • It will appear in Season 3, Episode 12
  • You guys will have one heckuva canon fixing to do.