Season 3 Information Thread (Spoilers inside)

b-b-b-b-but this is a kid's show! I know the references make it seem adultish, but fillyfooling draws the little kid line!

Fillyfooling is no more adult than plain old heterosexual fooling.

I can't say I'm impressed with how the bust of that new character looks. It looks almost like it got vomited right out of the pony creator to me. In my humble opinion, of course.

RED AND BLACK UNICORN STALLION SO COOL FDSIFD*SHBFDSBK

Yeah, seriously, it's bad. I hope Hasbro is just trolling us. I also agree with you on the songs. Nothing I'm terrbily impressed with so far. Constanty nervous the next season will suck. This show is capable of suck, and I worry that someday it will take over. We'll see, we'll see.

From a Skype chat after the spoilers first leaked:

[7/13/2012 4:11:15 PM] Tales: I was watching the video of the song...

[7/13/2012 4:11:22 PM] Tales: It sounded like they said tune in next month.

From Season Three News from Writers:

Combined with William Anderson’s statement that “Everfree NW (August 17–19, 2012) is ‘right in the middle of season three,’ so he doesn’t know if he’ll be able to come, but he’d love to.

but instead the end solution was ruin Flim and Flam's career.

Actually, the Apple family didn't ruin or try to ruin their career.

The Flim Flam brothers won the bet, even with the help of honorary family members.

But, since they made bad cider, THEY decided to up and quit. They still had lots of good cider to sell, plus all the apples left on the farm to make more cider. But, since they messed up their reputation, they up and left. They could have sold the farm, or taken the good cider with them to sell somewhere else. They were the ones who threw in the towel. The Apple family was ready to give up their farm to them, fair and square.

So much to whet the appetite! Crystal poinies as an additional civilisation. Will the talk of their history bring us a little more Equestrian history? Another baddie? Maybe the armoured guards will be able to do something this season :artax: Whip 'em into shape Shining Armour!

Oh sweet Celestia, a couple dozen different fantasy and Sci-fi settings are currently warring in by brain trying to establish themselves as head-canon :?:

So much to whet the appetite! Crystal poinies as an additional civilisation. Will the talk of their history bring us a little more Equestrian history? Another baddie? Maybe the armoured guards will be able to do something this season :artax: Whip 'em into shape Shining Armour!

Oh sweet Celestia, a couple dozen different fantasy and Sci-fi settings are currently warring in by brain trying to establish themselves as head-canon :?:

I like these ideas come on Shining Armor kick the other Royal Guards into shape plus I would like to learn about the crystal ponies and Equestrian history.

I like these ideas come on Shining Armor kick the other Royal Guards into shape plus I would like to learn about the crystal ponies and Equestrian history.

The only way to kick an army into shape is through

A. A musical number

B. A rocky musical number

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oDTNEEu3Rw

C. lots of yelling

Unless you count Ender's game, where they do the exact opposite of that.

The only way to kick an army into shape is through

A. A musical number (Dat Sifu!)

B. A rocky musical number

C. lots of yelling

Unless you count Ender's game, where they do the exact opposite of that.

Ultra pony roller derby training montage GO! Also unicorn-magical training montage GO!

Why? That episode can't happen in the middle of the season?

Well, if they already have the DVD listed, it's probably safe to say this will be a season opener. As they can sell the DVD and use it as a tool to market SEASON 3..And considering they're not just showing off a new character, but a whole new freaking kingdom, this sounds like a major two-parter as opposed to some middle ep.

I'd like to see them get away from the "villain du jour" opener we've seen from both seasons so far.

As much as I love a good villain I would prefer not to expect a two part villain episode every season I would much rather prefer for them to show up at either the half way point or the season finale like we did for Queen Chrysalis because nopony was expecting a villain when the synopsis first came up.

Not "entirely" related to S3, but I made a Lyrics video for the Crystal Fair song, guys!

Best part? It was posted to the front page of My Little Brony! :3

I've never submitted anything there, this is a great feel!

Good for you on a side note I haven't tried to learn that song yet or I Wasn't Prepared For This but I like them alot and will learn them before the end of this week take my word for it.

Maybe the so-called "split" is seasonal. Like there are 13 for the Fall half, then 13 for the Spring.

13 episodes covers roughly 3 months if there's a new episode every weekend.

This was just posted on EqD: Season 3 may be coming...next month?!

http://www.equestria...-in-august.html

I'd be really surprised, I was expecting late September -- but this could explain the "episode split" of 13 episodes if we are going to have 26 for S3.

Debunked, sorry Pinkie.:P

The Changeling Kingdom pretty much committed an act of war against Equestria in Canterlot Wedding. Something like that I don't think is going to be just forgotten anytime soon.

Perhaps a major part of the background for season 3 could be a Cold War of sorts that is developing between the two nations as it did between the USA and USSR in the 20th century. As such, an intense rivalry begins between the two nations in which they attempt to one-up the other in various ways, including technology, sport, etc.

This can cultivate into an episode based on the Olympics, but influenced by the intense rivalry between the Americans and Soviets at the Olympics during the Cold War era. This can also allow for more world building, showing different kinds of creatures competing, such as Griffins, zebras, etc. Not to forget, it would be happening in the same year as the London Olympics, so that's quite convenient. The episode can result in two competitors (RD would make a great candidate) from the countries actually coming to respect and possibly befriend each other, realising the other side is not as bad as they thought and how their rivalry is taking the fun out of the games.

If you really think about it, this background and possible could best epitomise the 'love and tolerance' theme of the show. Because in the end, these two species learn to do that with each other when for the most part they were expected to actively hate each other. You guys know what I'm getting at, right?

• Like 1

WOOHOO! Trixie AND Octavia in season 3?! I know I shouldn't get my hopes up over some huge episode about them, but I'm SO EXCITED! Perhaps Twi and Trix will have an 'Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better' battle, like I thought would happen the first time. Once again, I won't get my hopes up over it. And an Octavia duet would be GOLD, I love Rarity's singing voice, and the cello is my favorite stringed instrument, so if it does happen, the song should be AWESOME! Moreso than the songs in the show are already.

46470__safe_twilight-sparkle_spike_animated_dance_spoiler-s03.gif

Spike confirmed as ballet dancer.

44926__safe_twilight-sparkle_animated_spoiler-s03_haters-gonna-hate.gif

Twilight, when did you become so graceful? Are you using some kind of balance spell? Because we all know what your dancing is usually like:

25880__safe_twilight-sparkle_animated_bonbon_carrot-top_dance_sweet-and-elite_dancing_the-master_royal-ribbon_gramophone_lucy-saddlon_record-player_moves-like-jagger.gif

Yeah maybe when she wants to dance for real she dances like she did in I Wasn't Prepared For This but when she's trying to be funny she dances like she did at the Canterlot Garden Party.