1. 1. What kind of brony are you?

• Creative
    • Moderate
    • Hipster
    • Something else/Not a fan of these classifications

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sucks that most are moderates or Hipsters, in my opinion.

I think everyone should contribute to the fandom to help us grow in material.

That's a little harsh.

More fans is better. Even if they are uninterested in writing/drawing/singing.

That's a little harsh.

More fans is better. Even if they are uninterested in writing/drawing/singing.

I didn't mean it as in dislike them or anything because they don't produce content. :oops: Most of the people I know in real life and when I watch the show in Live Streams are moderates or hipsters and are really great people. I just think everyone should be creative in someway (Like image macros, not just writing/drawing/singing), MLP or otherwise. I guess I got a bit into my own philosophy :-|

Then again just to make sure I'm on the same page it would be nice to have a better explanation since I've seen the documentary I feel like I am not catching on.

Precisely.

The video is entertaining, but also simplistic and unclear.

I made the topic to see if people would have trouble self identifying with the three possibilities. I may have voted "moderate", but that was only because the other two didn't even make sense. I'm not sure that I am moderate in anything important.

Heh. Doubt any hipsters are going to label themselves as such. :P

I dunno. These classifications seem kind of weird to me. Don't think any of them particularly suit me personally. :shock:

From the video, the apparent definition of a hipster is someone who noticed the strong qualities of they show before it went mainstream. And that is the opposite of the real definition (a person who follows the latest trends and fashions).

From the video, the apparent definition of a hipster is someone who noticed the strong qualities of they show before it went mainstream. And that is the opposite of the real definition (a person who follows the latest trends and fashions).

I've been a brony for nearly two years and I'm more active with the shirts IRL than my presence online (I'm still 99% invisible for all practical purposes). I'm just not 'in somepony's face' I guess? Dunno.

i'd say im a creative, mainly because if theres any game that allows you to customize a character/gun/emblem mines gonna be pony related 99% of the time, ive also been trying to make things like pmvs and stuff, other than that ima moderate

Obviously creative...

It sucks that most are moderates or Hipsters, in my opinion.

I think everyone should contribute to the fandom to help us grow in material.

1. Some people aren't creative because they find that doing so is stupid.

I mean, some people think it's not a good idea to make art, songs, or fanfics about ponies. Some people even think that all of this fanwork is actually harmful to the fandom.

2. Not everyone is creative, or has the ability to express the creativeness.

Not everyone can draw, has access to the equipment to make music, or exactly creative in the writing department.

For example, someone who really wants to make some electronica song can't due to not having a mixing table.

3. Not all creative ideas will actually have any impact on the community.

For example, if I were to make a metal song about ponies, it would only receive a few views in comparison to the electronica music, because the fandom is more into electronica than metal. Certain forms of fan made art and genres of fanfics and music will only do so well based on popularity. I could spend months on the song, have it be one of the best songs of all time, just to be shadowed by something else.

We all appreciate the show in different ways, often in many ways that define all of the traits the video is describing, and more. We should not short change ourselves as fans and fly just one banner. Fly them all!

Or none at all, if that's okay you with you, that is! :oops:

Archived